Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:03 pm

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/335/a/4/equestria_and_beyond__rev_8_1_by_hlissner-d46wmzm.jpg

best map in my opinion

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Anyone in the market for a scooter?

http://www.genuinescooters.com/blackjack.html#Specs
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:55 pm

RoboRed wrote:I was just looking over my music choices again, and I remembered that I completely forgot to mention an error I found in the story in my massive post.

At the part where BJ is going slightly insane again in the beginning after talking with Xanthe, top of pg5:
Spoiler:
It should be "known".
Ah, thank you. Please do specify the chapter next time, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Sorry, I just assumed everyone's mindset was still on the latest chapter (I know mine is), and I did make my massive post in part for ch48.

But hey, that's what I get for making assumptions.

Caoimhe wrote:Anyone in the market for a scooter?

Needs more Reaper.

Tiddly wrote:http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/335/a/4/equestria_and_beyond__rev_8_1_by_hlissner-d46wmzm.jpg

best map in my opinion
Indeed, but it's a bit out of date. Hlissner's been rather quiet lately. And where's that story he keeps mentioning that he's working on?...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:17 pm

RoboRed wrote:

Needs more Reaper.

In that case, slap a Reaper sticker on this evil mofo and call it Deus. http://bikeglam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/259_09_piaggio_mp3_500_.jpg
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
RoboRed wrote:

Needs more Reaper.

In that case, slap a Reaper sticker on this evil mofo and call it Deus. http://bikeglam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/259_09_piaggio_mp3_500_.jpg
Hello, Deus. :3
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Tiddly wrote:http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/335/a/4/equestria_and_beyond__rev_8_1_by_hlissner-d46wmzm.jpg

best map in my opinion
wrote:
Indeed, but it's a bit out of date. Hlissner's been rather quiet lately. And where's that story he keeps mentioning that he's working on?...
I don't know, he keeps promising it then not releasing

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 pm

FeatherDust wrote:Unfortunately unlikely, E.

Over the course of producing 20 offspring, a male needs to produce 19 fillies and one colt. He can't have more than one son, his own replacement, while the other 19 are fillies. Each pregnancy has a 50/50 chance of being male. To have 95% of his offspring be fillies, something has to happen to the other ~18 colts.

I doubt it's anything as gruesome as infanticide; probably they identify and abort most colts early on.
You know, the average lifespan must be terribly short in 99 if a filly is only allowed to breed after their mother dies. If it was "grandmother", then normal lifespans would make sense, but this suggests that one's mother typically dies in her 40s or 50s in order for the daughter to still be of breeding age (20s or 30s). Now I have to wonder if that's just an effect of the bad condition of the stable, or if mares periodically... "retire".
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:06 pm

SilentCarto wrote:You know, the average lifespan must be terribly short in 99 if a filly is only allowed to breed after their mother dies. If it was "grandmother", then normal lifespans would make sense, but this suggests that one's mother typically dies in her 40s or 50s in order for the daughter to still be of breeding age (20s or 30s). Now I have to wonder if that's just an effect of the bad condition of the stable, or if mares periodically... "retire".
Breeding age probably ranges up to almost 40, or higher with their medical tech level and magics. So the lifespan could go as high as 70-80 without problems. And given the combination of their crappy reactor, their crappy food, their terrible morale, etc. I'd guess the average to be in the 50s at most before they die of "natural causes" brought on by malnutrition, stress, depression, and low-level radiation.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 pm

@SilentCarto: also, if ever pony is having children as late as possible, then by the time their children mature they are already pretty old. If you wait until you are forty to have foals, then by the time your foal is twenty you are sixty. When they are forty, the age at which you had your first child, you are eighty and close to death. So their life expectancy doesn't need to be low. This was all done with human ages of course, I don't how pony aging stacks up.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:30 pm

On a new unrelated note, any body here airsoft? Because I am looking for a CQB German ww2 era gun, and I can't decide between a Mauser, with stock and long barrel, or mp-40 super upgraded. I mean Mausers are sleek, but MP-40s are just so classic ww2 Germany. I can't decide. Also I'm still open to other suggestions so if you have a better idea shoot.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 pm

@Swicked
Okay then, so hen "accidents" do happen. Ugh, 99 motto: "don't think about it"
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:24 am

Rafafidi wrote:My random question of the day: how an human/pony brain in a computer could be better than an AI normal computer and a programmer/technician?
If you mean a brain upload, rather than a brainbot, there are two major advantages. First, the upload could turn the program's running speed up to eleven and think faster than everyone else. How faster depends on available processing power, so that's an easy way to tune the power level of an upload to the requirements of your story, if you're asking the question because of a writing project. The other advantage is copying. With access to enough computers, the upload could make an army of themselves to do their bidding and make them much harder to kill than a single upload if the computers are distant from each other. Uploads may or may not age, if they did they'd probably age in different ways than normal pony brains. Cottage Cheese thought his upload would be immortal, for what the opinion of a Steel Ranger elder is worth. But he might have thought uploads would age and that he would keep a backup of his youthful upload stored, ready to be pulled out and briefed on the current situation whenever the running upload got to retirement age, making his upload not exactly immortal but immortal in a way.

Welcome, Custardman! Have a cookie. :)

@Kattlarv: Unicorns and pegasi couldn't dominate earth ponies using their ecosystem-maintaining powers, but they could dominate earth ponies using their military powers. Pegasi could fly around zapping earth ponies with lightning, and unicorns could use levitation and whatever other spells they have handy, to punish earth ponies for not giving in to their demands.
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:30 am

Erumpet wrote:On a new unrelated note, any body here airsoft? Because I am looking for a CQB German ww2 era gun, and I can't decide between a Mauser, with stock and long barrel, or mp-40 super upgraded. I mean Mausers are sleek, but MP-40s are just so classic ww2 Germany. I can't decide. Also I'm still open to other suggestions so if you have a better idea shoot.
I've attempted to get into airsoft, but guns here are hard to get and are more expensive than in the US. The nicest gun they sell around here that I've seen is a 210 FPS MP5-pattern electric.
The ergonomics are likely better on the MP-40, so I'd suggest that.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:28 am

@Ketchup: yeah me and my boys have been talking about it, and the mp-40 seems better in every area except magazines, which are expensive and only go to mid caps. But I'm thinking I can jury rig up a custom mag that could solve that problem. About getting guns, have you checked much on the Internet? That is usually cheaper than buying from an actual store, plus there is a wide variety of guns. If you would like, I could point you in the right direction with a few websites.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:37 am

@Erumpet
In Canada, if detected with opaque lower receivers, airsoft guns are seized by customs, as they are classed as 'replica firearms'. They are more expensive all over Canada due to difficulties with importing.
BuyAirsoft.Ca sells to Canadians completely legally(East Coast Airsoft sends them as 'toy trains' to get past customs, and charge extra fees to Canadians.), but the prices are rather high and they are located on the other side of the country.
I'm actually not interested in actually playing, just shooting targets. I'm too out of shape to actually play.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:46 am

@Ketchup: I see, I was figuring you were some where in Europe, my bad. Yeah we have a few issues like that in the US, especially with certain real metal m4 models. But usually if you go through a retailer it's fine. Hmm well I do know a guy who has done some work moving airsoft guns into south/central America. I also know him in real life and know he wouldn't rip you off, however I don't know how much he would charge. He had a run in with some shady business men in Brazil and he didn't get paid, and I can't really vouch for you since I don't know you. If you want I'll put you in contact with him or I could just ask him for you.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:51 am

@Erumpet
I'll pass, thanks anyway.
Besides, I've been allowed to go to a gun range with my friend, and real weapons are better for what I want to do anyhow.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 am

@Ketchup: okay fair enough, but you can't shoot your friends with real guns. Not if you want to have friends that is. Or not be in jail.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:03 pm

@Erumpet
I don't wish to shoot my friends. Not really my kind of fun to be covered in welts, either.
My favorite airsoft gun broke totally to my fault anyway, 5 owned, 4 broken. Of those, 3 were spring and 2 were electric. The only one I've had that kept together is the MP5 I mentioned earlier. I tried to shoot popcorn kernels out of my electric pistol. It didn't work after the first one and destroyed the mechanism.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:10 pm

@Ketchup: I totally understand, some people are just real steel guys. But popcorn kernels? Really? Ha ha that's good. And I understand your position and I'm not trying to push you, but there is something to be said for the feeling of standing in a tower with an automatic rifle slinging out "death" as bullets whiz past your head, or popping around a corner with a tribarrel and just blasting somebody. Or my favorite experience, putting down heavy suppressive fire on an incoming wave of guys, when your gun jams. So what do you do? You bust out your sexy eight inch barrel Luger with artillery drum and unleash precision hell on the invaders, until even that is not enough and you are overwhelmed. That is a rush right there.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:16 pm

@Erumpet
I actually get more of a rush from playing DayZ than anything else I can remember doing, including playing paintball. Of course, Airsoft is different, higher velocity and smaller projectiles. It sounds like fun, but I'd just get hit.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:36 pm

@Ketchup: to each their own and all that, us Bronies should know that better than anyone ha ha. Plus, it's not really worth it if you don't have a local field or organization to stage events. Backyard airsofting with some friends is fun, but to really get the full of it you need two teams of 150 guys each, a chain of command to disregard, and an endless supply of 12 year old chumps to light up. Which may be hard to find with the restrictive customs problems.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Dwarf Fortress finds new ways to be realistic.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Valikdu wrote:Dwarf Fortress finds new ways to be realistic.

Spoiler:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 2023-derpy-quite
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Valikdu wrote:Dwarf Fortress finds new ways to be realistic.

Spoiler:

Um what did he make? More importantly what was it made out of and does it menace with spikes?
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:48 pm

...You put Somber in DF. Wow.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:57 pm

O. Hinds wrote:...You put Somber in DF. Wow.

Well I've been tempted to make everyone in this forum in the sims, move them in a house together and see what happens. So I understand the temptation.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:59 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:

Well I've been tempted to make everyone in this forum in the sims, move them in a house together and see what happens. So I understand the temptation.
This in no way will end well...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:

>house
>blue text
>not a link
>Oh dear.

(On a more serious note, though, how would you get that many people in? Wouldn't that be above the limit?)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next