Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+48
Rboy474
Mech
Caoimhe
Snipehamster
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Karasu
Nightshy
NoodleNugget
Salculd
Jeremyrush
Ki-Tarn
jacky2734
Aonee
Vergil
Theta
Stringtheory
Mikas
Scyto Harmony
Rafafidi
Ametros
hawkeye92
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
Somber
CamoBadger
RoboRed
MrMagma
Katarn
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Quotidian
Kippershy
RandomBlank
Sindri
Scootayay
Kattlarv
SilentCarto
Cptadder
FeatherDust
Admiral Stoic Rum
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
52 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:A PARTY!
Health Warning:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/27550469360
I need to draw more Boo... it's been far too long.
But wait, Boo's never had a party! She'd probably try to eat the candles, then get the party hat stuck over her nose, and... oh, wow, I just made myself go HNNNNNNGH!

Kattlarv wrote:@Swicked: (dito) So... technically, her talent is carrying on as long as no-one bother her the slightest and blows it out or interferes with it in any (stronger) way? Since if prodded at, her faith would flicker in theory.
No... it's carrying on in the face of everything, and probably serving as a beacon for others, too. It only takes one candle to drive back darkness, and so long as a single flame burns, no matter how feeble, the darkness hasn't won.

Her CMFIS is probably caused by a personal crisis of faith, not by the doubt of others.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
A PARTY!
Health Warning:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/27550469360

I need to draw more Boo... it's been far too long.
Ohdamnitmyheart*HNNGGGG*

And, yes. A party. Chicken

SilentCarto wrote:
But wait, Boo's never had a party! She'd probably try to eat the candles, then get the party hat stuck over her nose, and... oh, wow, I just made myself go HNNNNNNGH!
You made me "HNNGG" twice from that imagery.

swicked wrote:Random thought:
Why do you suppose Psalm became the emotion dump? Is it because:
1. She had more regrets than any other pony in the wasteland, so the goddess just piled the rest on top?
2. Psalm was the most capable of carrying the burden without offing herself, so as to allow the goddess to not have to go through more ponies than neccessary to maintain her attitude?
3. Psalm actually just volunteered to do so, feeling she deserved it?
4. Some other reason I can't think of?
Some combination of 1 & 2, but more 1 than 2. I've always seen her as regretful and penitent.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 pm

1. She had more regrets than any other pony in the wasteland, so the goddess just piled the rest on top?
2. Psalm was the most capable of carrying the burden without offing herself, so as to allow the goddess to not have to go through more ponies than neccessary to maintain her attitude?
I still don't buy the theory that Psalm was Lacunae's original identity. I think that the Goddess designated one of her children as the emotion dump, and Psalm's mind was just so broken by that point that almost all of her got tossed in. Along with Trixie's shame, Twilight's inadequacy and guilt, etc. Once a pony fully joins Unity, I don't think that their identity is really tied to their old body anymore. My headcanon is that there's a big cloud of minds and they get assigned to avatars or kept in the cloud as convenient; the Goddess is the collective of all the minds not currently disconnected (voluntarily or by the Pink Cloud or by any other means), bodies are either kept in storage or formed from the vats of biomass as needed, minds are plucked from the cloud and inserted in one of thousands of identical bodies when something needs to be accomplished
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 pm

This raises yet more questions. It would seem to be the best answer. The goddess truly does care for those under her, and even if she viewed the doubt dumpster as a necessity she would certainly put it in an alicorn able to handle it. However:

Alicorns lose their butt marks. In vanilla Fallout: E I would just dismiss that as part of the mutation. But butt marks in PH play a very vital role as almost a literal window to the soul. When different aspects of Rampage shift or take control, her butt mark changes. We have seen that the blanks born soulless bear no mark, and if I recall correctly a victim of a soul-tearing attempt lost her mark as well (but don't quote me on that one). And lastly we have the Angel. It may have just been speculation here in the forum, but I recall that her butt mark changed after she did, Nurse Candy being forced to conceal it after murderous need took her.

If they are so important, and if Psalm's talent did indeed make her a stalwart bearer of this brand of misery, then it stands to reason that she actually lost this ability after joining Unity and her butt mark faded with all the rest.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 pm

@Silent: It's still a candle, candles flicker if blown at. And are often easy to put out. But yeah, yeah. I get the picture.

@Swicked: Or simply: Because she was told? Or just random "Oh, I need a dump, eh, this will do." and possibly Psalm just being such large part of the dump, it became dominant?

@EP: ... just random, but did anyone else thing of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ixvsV-ahI0 partially on the "orphan" part?

@Mele: It's "cutie mark", or use "plot cover" or something if you wana be like that xD
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Solved.

Last edited by ketchup504 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : delete post)
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:07 pm

So what has P-21 been doing all this time?

BIG IMAGE WARNING:

And now I have even more respect for Ryx and Mech and all you other doodly types. Art is hard.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:22 pm

I think it's pretty clearly #3. When Lacunae uses the memory spell to anaesthetize BJ after pulling her out of Stable 99:

And, barely ‘heard’ over that whispering chorus, a mare said meekly, “I’ll go.”
Again, silence. “You’ll go? You?” The Goddess seemed incredulous. “Why would you do such a thing?”
“To get what I deserve,” she murmured softly.

-Ch. 23

Sindri wrote:Once a pony fully joins Unity, I don't think that their identity is really tied to their old body anymore.
That's not the case. The alicorns complaining in the Zebratown police station, the one arguing with herself under the MAS, and the fact that Twilight's soul couldn't permanently reside in the Maripony rescue alicorn (Lacunae?) indicate that the soul is inextricably bound to the body, even in Unity. They may be able to "stretch" and "flow" together, but the soul knows which body it belongs to and snaps back when the body is disconnected from Unity.

Meleagridis wrote:Alicorns lose their butt marks. In vanilla Fallout: E I would just dismiss that as part of the mutation. But butt marks in PH play a very vital role as almost a literal window to the soul.
Not exactly. When they're all mixed up with the rest of the Unity, this is true, but when disconnected for long enough, as Flask indicated, their cutie mark can return.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:27 pm

So, since I'm too lazy to read back more then a page - What's the current status on the newest chapter?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Beats me. Somber and Hinds haven't said anything much lately.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:52 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Sindri wrote:Once a pony fully joins Unity, I don't think that their identity is really tied to their old body anymore.
That's not the case. The alicorns complaining in the Zebratown police station, the one arguing with herself under the MAS, and the fact that Twilight's soul couldn't permanently reside in the Maripony rescue alicorn (Lacunae?) indicate that the soul is inextricably bound to the body, even in Unity. They may be able to "stretch" and "flow" together, but the soul knows which body it belongs to and snaps back when the body is disconnected from Unity.
Hm... I'd disagree with this. It seems more to me as if the bodies are just network nodes in a situation where network content dominates.

ScytoHarmony wrote:So, since I'm too lazy to read back more then a page - What's the current status on the newest chapter?
We're currently planning to brush on Friday, and hopefully we'll finish then; I'm not sure when we could overflow to at the moment.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:08 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I think it's pretty clearly #3. When Lacunae uses the memory spell to anaesthetize BJ after pulling her out of Stable 99:

And, barely ‘heard’ over that whispering chorus, a mare said meekly, “I’ll go.”
Again, silence. “You’ll go? You?” The Goddess seemed incredulous. “Why would you do such a thing?”
“To get what I deserve,” she murmured softly.

-Ch. 23
All that says is that Lacunae, pretty much as she is now, volunteered to endure the screams of Hoofington. (Most of) Psalm is a part of that, but not the entirety.

Each mind has it's own memories, yes, and they can be removed from Unity. But there was nothing there to indicate that the body mattered at all. An individual can be separated from the Goddess, but the "chassis" they're riding in at the time shouldn't matter. And that individual could be what was once a single pony, or a composite like Lacunae fashioned from bits and pieces of the minds and souls of others. Basically there is the pool that is the Goddess, and then she splinters off bits (usually in single-pony increments) and puts them into bodies to fashion alicorns, her children, who then remain part of the greater Unity until they are abandoned, the signal is blocked, or the Goddess is killed. When they're cut off from the hive-mind of Unity for long enough, they lose the decentralized sense of identity that resulted from constantly having the minds and memories of others flowing though them and gradually resume (or develop) their own personalities and remember specific aspects of their past lives. Given long enough, a well-developed individual soul will impress its own cutie mark on the body it resides in just like Rampage's components express their own identities when their soul is in partial or complete control of the body. You need to break off from the idea that your body is an intrinsic part of your self; everything from cybernetics to soul jars to Unity will separate your self from its body but not destroy you.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:23 pm

I like the idea of combination the mind returns to the original body but if there is no body because it was destroyed then you have to share space with a guest...then you will never be alone or lonely so if you masturbate would it me sex? And if the other personality does not consent is it sexual assault?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:42 pm

SilentCarto wrote: the one arguing with herself under the MAS,

I have a question about those two. I always assumed that the Dog/God in there was Gestalt and Mosaic, as tightly connected in Unity as they were in life. But they were part of the original batch of ponies that created Unity- so why are they in an alicorn? They should be a part of the Goddess. Who are these siblings if not Gesaic?

I want to write them now. Please throw fanon at me.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:01 pm

None of the regular NSWF, just some major rambling/venting, don't mind if you don't wana go there, or read said stuff.
Spoiler:
TL:DR resume: won't be in a mood to participate in most discussion for a day or so, usually quick at shrugging things off.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:02 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Sorry for posting this here, but I think you guys are the best way to get help with this, since at least some of you have experience with New Vegas files.
Spoiler:

You have to use an external program called "Modio" or something similar to rehash and resign the file. The thing about Xbox content is that it is connected to your account so if you download it from an external source and its has null ID's or somebody else's it will go kaput. However, in order to discover what your ID's are you will need content that is registered from you on your console and then put THAT into modio. Down in the file details it will show you the ID's and whatnot. Save those, and open the file that you want to use for New Vegas in Modio and replace the current ID's with the ones that you have saved and are yours, press the rehash and resign button, use XTAF GUI or modio to inject the file into the proper directory (where New Vegas saves are held, so I suggest using that as the file you use to get your ID's from as you can just replace the file into the correct directory) and tada. If you need more help just kinda use my Skype info thing on this account, I would be happy to.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm sorry, just want to make some selfish thing.
Check this vid. It's just good music with little changed lyrics (The Last Defender made these changes), which we come up in PH RP thread. Hope you'll like both video and audio.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@iLat: (Somber) *Smacks with spatula* She. If you are referring to the author.

Ouch... hey I have been getting so many mixed signals on this subject I was just using "he" as a generalized unisex term!

Also, don't beat yourself up on everything. Everybody has their days. It is understandable if you want a break. It is probably the best option to clear your head. If you can, get some of your favorite food. It is what I do when I am down and it almost always makes me feel better. ^^
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:28 pm

@Katt Actually you both right and wrong. Somber in same time he and she. Even as author. Difference is, IIRC, she - pony who tells what to write, he - man, who writes story.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Kattlarv wrote:

Just to say: We do not argue to change you. If we could argue away the problems we would, but we could not change anything else. You are fine the way you are.

Thank you for being honest with us. If you didn't say these, then we would take away the wrong conclusions. Get well soon, yes?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Katarn wrote:@Katt Actually you both right and wrong. Somber in same time he and she. Even as author. Difference is, IIRC, she - pony who tells what to write, he - man, who writes story.

Now I am more confused... Somber's a guy who is possessed... by a mare?
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:39 pm

@iLat Yup. Pretty much like that
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Kattlarv wrote:-snip-

Metaphorical internet hugs? Metaphorical internet hugs (I'm sorry if this somehow bothers you in any way).

Last edited by CalamityWhen on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Katarn wrote:@iLat Yup. Pretty much like that

That... Somber, I am so sorry...

All the more reason to praise you though!

HEIL Praise Somber!
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:07 pm

iLateralGX wrote:I was just using "he" as a generalized unisex term!
Okay... Don't do that. Please. I know that English has no really good gender-neutral pronouns, but, while I realize that there is some debate about this, I am in the camp that says that "he" is definitely not acceptable as one.

iLateralGX wrote:

As I understand it, Somber is of male sex and apparently male gender, but he views the part of his mind that is the author as female.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:14 pm

O. Hinds wrote:

iLateralGX wrote:

As I understand it, Somber is of male sex and apparently male gender, but he views the part of his mind that is the author as female.

Gotcha. And I may disagree with males terms being the standard in English, but that is just the way it works. Same thing with Spanish. Again, not that I agree with it, that is just way it functions.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:16 pm

*glee*
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 FightingisMagicBlackJackFanArt
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:17 pm

RoboRed wrote:*glee*
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 FightingisMagicBlackJackFanArt

Throwing money at screen

nothing is happening

please assist
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:24 pm

*hurls quarters at screen*

...Fuck...

...anyone have a couple hundred bucks? Tilt
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Ack so many ripe opportunities to post speculation and my new computer has 4 hours left to restore all my data. I wish I could type four pages on sexual identity and shame in PH comfortably from my iPad. :(
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next