Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Stringtheory
Scootayay
Elexius
Paper Airplane
NoodleNugget
Jeremyrush
Rboy474
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
nallar
XT Vengeance
Mech
SubjectSigma
Rafafidi
Valikdu
Snipehamster
Somber
Kattlarv
Spitfire
Game Master
RandomBlank
Ametros
Moodyman90
Katarn
Necr0maNceR
Derpmind
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Rickyking
Apple Crumble
O. Hinds
WavemasterRyx
CamoBadger
Orm
Sindri
RoboRed
Ketchup
Kippershy
Princess Celestia
jacky2734
MrMagma
Curebores
Littlepip
Formis_Fluttergod
SilentCarto
49 posters

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Katarn Thu May 10, 2012 12:15 am

jacky2734 wrote:Let's see. There are twenty posts per page of a thread. On the old blogger system, we could fill a two hundred post page in a week. Which means we could get ten pages filled on this forum in a week.

Uh, what's the page limit before a thread gets locked?
Dunno, most of topics on other forums, where I dwell, were closed when they hit 300 pages limit, but some have 1k+ pages and still kicking.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger Thu May 10, 2012 12:16 am

jacky2734 wrote:Let's see. There are twenty posts per page of a thread. On the old blogger system, we could fill a two hundred post page in a week. Which means we could get ten pages filled on this forum in a week.

Until either the admins, Wildfire or I decide it has gotten too large to keep up with (for me, that means about 2000 pages, not sure what the others think)
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 10, 2012 12:20 am

Yeah... we're going to break the system here. But until we break the posting speed record, let's enjoy being able to read from page one.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 am

Nightmare Moon wrote:

Until either the admins, Wildfire or I decide it has gotten too large to keep up with (for me, that means about 2000 pages, not sure what the others think)

I hope we won't be to much of bother. We tend to get carried away sometimes. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 4206338362

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

ketchup504 wrote:
I remembered when Michael JAW or someone asked me if I knew where New Zealand was, which I did, but it felt strangely like he thought I was an idiot. That is what made it stick with me.

Hehe, yeah...
I AM MichaelJAW.. I apologise if I managed to insinuate the questioning of your intelligence. It's just that New Zealand is really quite a minor country - and far from any political action - so I wouldn't think it likely for many to know...
Again, I apologise, I meant no offence.
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu May 10, 2012 12:27 am

Nightmare Moon wrote:

Let's see. 2000 pages, 40,000 comments... Carry the two... Realistically we'll have that order filled in eight months. Optimistically, we'll do it in 4 weeks. Applebloom
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 12:31 am

Nightmare Moon wrote:

I love you, mmkay?
We've needed a place like this for too long. Glad we're being so heartily welcomed.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu May 10, 2012 12:31 am

Catching up on the new PH discussion. Hit the last page. Get inspired to write a bit, less than a page. Get a drink of water. Come back to two new pages. Spit take. Now my stuff is wet.

ketchup504 wrote:Did I do something wrong?

No, I guess I'm just being pessimistic about the nature of all our discourse.

Jacky, on the other hand...

@Jacky
When you mentioned that 'Doctor responds to Red Eye monologue' prompt, did you mean his last words with Littlepip in chapter 43? I might have something for that one.

Betcha thought I forgot about that.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 am

jacky2734 wrote:
Nightmare Moon wrote:

Let's see. 2000 pages, 40,000 comments... Carry the two... Realistically we'll have that order filled in eight months. Optimistically, we'll do it in 4 weeks. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 3670107347
Four weeks huh?
I'll put 50 down on three.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu May 10, 2012 12:36 am

SilentCarto wrote:It's a little more vague in the story than in the games. In the games, you can typically get a little chipping damage through the DR, but it'd take forever to kill someone that way. In the story, the primary strike plates can deflect anything weaker than a .50 BMG round or a bullet enchanted specifically to defeat armor. However, the suit has weak points that an opponent can exploit if they're close and skilled enough -- for example, when Littlepip put one of Little Mac's rounds through the helmet of the Ranger in her mentor's room, or BJ hitting the Enclave trooper's visor with Duty & Sacrifice.

Well, the visor on Enclave armor is an established weak point; they were designed more for intimidation than defense, what with the aerial units both during the war and after focused more on Shock and Awe than practical sustained combat. Ranger helmets are much sturdier, and the armor is heavier in general than anything you could fly in.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 am

You know I was listening to that FOE radio play they have posted on EqD and a thought crossed my mind.

"Why has nobody used the Littlehorn Site as a location in their story yet?"

I know the obvious answer is that the setting for the FOE sidefics are usually nowhere near it but still. It'd be an interesting place to visit.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu May 10, 2012 3:25 am

*sigh*
I see one huge disadvantage of this forum.
It has no placeholder avatar picture which I could edit into my avatar :P

Kippershy wrote:
No other story managed to break two threads. (as in, full up two and hit a third)

Three.

5000 comments under the story.
5000 in comments thread #1
5000 in comments thread #2
300 in comments thread #3 based on IntenseDebate, which led us to move because it sucks.

Meanwhile, FoE has 5000 for original story and some 2000 in comments thread.

Formis_Sage wrote:
Sindri wrote:
And SilentCarto has the 7th most posts in the week with 13? Yeah, I'm
afraid that once we get going we're likely to take over the
forum...
*sigh*
And it used to be such a nice and peaceful place. :D
Did I mention I really don't like big crowds? Even online. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 3932362616

Oh, we won't be spilling out of the thread much.

Also, as I realize, ponies like RoboRed won't need to split their 3000 words chapter reviews into multiple posts either.

SilentCarto wrote:...that moment when you realize you're the oldest guy in the room by about a decade. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Raritystunnedplz
No, you aren't.

O. Hinds wrote:I have arrived and will now be setting this as the PH comment thread that I follow.
I, O.Hinds, have arrived.
Time to do the MAGICS!

Last edited by RandomBlank on Thu May 10, 2012 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu May 10, 2012 3:50 am

RandomBlank wrote:*sigh*
I see one huge disadvantage of this forum.
It has no placeholder avatar picture which I could edit into my avatar :P

View your profile page(the one you get by clicking on your name), look to the far right of the page. There should be an avatar placeholder there for you to use.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu May 10, 2012 4:58 am

jacky2734 wrote:

View your profile page(the one you get by clicking on your name), look to the far right of the page. There should be an avatar placeholder there for you to use.

Thanks!
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu May 10, 2012 4:58 am

The member 'RandomBlank' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '10 Sides' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 '10 Sides' : 6

Game Master
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu May 10, 2012 4:59 am

WHERE DID ALL YOU PEOPLE COME FROM?!
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu May 10, 2012 5:03 am

Annie Konda wrote:WHERE DID ALL YOU PEOPLE COME FROM?!

There:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/fallout-equestria-project-horizons.html

After over 15,000 posts, we decided to migrate.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 10, 2012 5:05 am

RandomBlank wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:I have arrived and will now be setting this as the PH comment thread that I follow.
I, O.Hinds, have arrived.
Time to do the MAGICS!
Oh, no, my friend. It is not time for magic.
It is time for SCIENCE!!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...HA...ha.
Ahem. Go back to what you were doing, nothing to see here.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu May 10, 2012 5:09 am

Oh my, so many of you..
Suddenly our little less then 100 people, less then 30 regulars fourm is getting busy..

EDIT: might I add, out founding member decided this was initiation, so, enjoy
https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/t377-initiation-for-new-members-as-said-by-rose-site-founder
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu May 10, 2012 5:17 am

Annie Konda wrote:EDIT: might I add, out founding member decided this was initiation, so, enjoy

...I think I approve of this.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Thu May 10, 2012 5:18 am

Annie Konda wrote:Oh my, so many of you..
Suddenly our little less then 100 people, less then 30 regulars fourm is getting busy..

EDIT: might I add, out founding member decided this was initiation, so, enjoy
https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/t377-initiation-for-new-members-as-said-by-rose-site-founder

I wholly approve of this. :D
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu May 10, 2012 6:08 am

I can proudly announce;

I just read chapter one of PH! :D
Littlepip
Littlepip
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Littlepip
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu May 10, 2012 6:16 am

Littlepip wrote:I can proudly announce;

Hook, rope, sinker.

My friend recently decided to reread PH to recall it after a long break. He spent some... 4 days? He's a fast reader and can read without a break. He read through 40 chapters. Then his brain said "Veto". He can't force himself to read the (slim) remainder. Hoofington Overdose.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 am

RandomBlank wrote:

Hook, rope, sinker.

My friend recently decided to reread PH to recall it after a long break. He spent some... 4 days? He's a fast reader and can read without a break. He read through 40 chapters. Then his brain said "Veto". He can't force himself to read the (slim) remainder. Hoofington Overdose.
Hook, rope, whatnow?

So am I, if I get the opportunity to be...
rarely do.
Littlepip
Littlepip
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu May 10, 2012 6:37 am

When I discovered whole Fallout Equestria, original story by Kkat were already done, so I've read it in...2 days (slept back then only for 3 hours). Then, I've start reading PH, they were only at chapter 30, I think. Back then, I was thinking, that PH is complete story, so I read it in 3 days (just like with original) and I'm still reading. It's really interesting story, with fine characters. But brace yourself, when you will be about to hit chapters 32-33
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu May 10, 2012 6:49 am

Katarn wrote:

When I discovered whole Fallout Equestria, original story by Kkat were already done, so I've read it in...2 days (slept back then only for 3 hours). Then, I've start reading PH, they were only at chapter 30, I think. Back then, I was thinking, that PH is complete story, so I read it in 3 days (just like with original) and I'm still reading. It's really interesting story, with fine characters. But brace yourself, when you will be about to hit chapters 32-33

Ah, yes... I miss the original...
Especially the part where Littlepip levitates a barrel of water on Homage. :P

What happens there?
Littlepip
Littlepip
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Thu May 10, 2012 7:07 am

Littlepip wrote:What happens there?

We're not going to tell you - that would be SPOILING. Just go ahead and enjoy the story. Twilight crazy
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu May 10, 2012 7:17 am

Spoiler:
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 am

RandomBlank wrote:
Spoiler:

Fine, fine... Just go ahead and UNDERMINE me why don't you? :P Scootaloo
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 am

Why, I placed this behind a Spoiler tag! Trollestia
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next