Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Icy Shake
RoboRed
Epsilon
StoneSlinger88
brony all alone
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
O. Hinds
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Stringtheory
18 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Fri May 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:So, I've finally installed and started playing "EYE: Divine Cybermancy". A few minutes in so far.

It's.... certainly a game.

Just gotta say for the record that in-game currency being called "brouzoufs" is kind of fucking hilarious. 'Cause in French, that's the equivalent of saying "dough" to talk about money. In short, it's clearly made by fucking nerds.

Also, I can practically hear the French accent of the voice actor playing the Mentor, even if he isn't talking any real language.

So, yeah, so far it feels like it's been done by talented amateurs.

I'll keep y'all updated as I progress.
Are your legs okay?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 01, 2015 2:52 pm

I don't understand what you're talking about.

Anyway, this looks like a FUN game:

Factorio trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yDZM0diiYc
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri May 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I don't understand what you're talking about.

Anyway, this looks like a FUN game:

Factorio trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yDZM0diiYc
When you choose maintenance, the resulting english text is 'my legs are okay', guess you're either playing in French or haven't tried that action out yet

EDIT: @trailer: HOLY SUPPLY CHAIN, BATMAN!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 01, 2015 2:59 pm

I am playing in French, yes. Haven't thought about using that action yet, tho'.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Re Factorio:

The insane complexity of a speedrun
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri May 01, 2015 7:52 pm

=10153321016803606&relatedids[1]=648962448580759&relatedids[2]=10153354496539497&relatedids[3]=1047867298574153&relatedids[4]=10153312217368606&relatedids[5]=1038765959484287&relatedids[6]=10153302839898606&relatedids[7]=10153270585433606&relatedids[8]=10153298272798606&relatedids[9]=10153298390703606&source=60]Donate now. Be a hero
Sequel to this American classic:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri May 01, 2015 9:37 pm

I lost it when I found this.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat May 02, 2015 5:32 pm

You know, thinking about it, it's kind of funny how I was most hyped for Hotline Miami 2 not for the game itself, but for its OST.

Especially since I've been listening the shit out of said OST since the game came out, and of Carpenter Brut too (which is featured in the OST), but have neither bought nor played the game yet.

I guess I just treat Hotline Miami as some kind of cool music compilation series? :v
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat May 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Some of you may find this interesting.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 02, 2015 10:53 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Somber11
75! Sort of! Part one, at least! :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun May 03, 2015 5:19 am

Oh yeah, that's what I like to read in the morning!

On another note, I've finally managed to get Fallout 3 to run on Win 8.1 (or at least not to crash on startup).

To celebrate that, do people have a "Best Of" of Fallout 3 Mods? Kind of like E.V.E. and Project Nevada for Fallout New Vegas?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun May 03, 2015 6:23 am

lulz:
Had the guy been black he probably would have been instantly shot :v
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun May 03, 2015 12:09 pm

I would call him Sparky and feed him raiders, but fill them before that with gasoline. Someone deleted post with interesting mod.

As for mods to recommend...I'm afraid to start up NMM, since there is 200+ mods. I'd recommend westland flora and fauna mod. Turns Mohave in either even more Westlandy or more greenish place, with more trees and grass. Also Get electrocity. Makes nights actually darker and lights matter.
Dozens of reskins for weapons, armor, etc.
Waaaaaait...Fallout 3...? dammit T_T
Fellout mod, there is EVE for Fo3. If you like playing from first person perspective - Helmet view.
I'll provide liks to all.

Helmet POV:
Fellout:
EVE:
If, like me, you prefer PDA to pip-boy
PDA:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun May 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Fellout seems like a good mod. EVE is an essential, yes.

No gameplay overhaul like Project Nevada for Fo3?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 03, 2015 1:36 pm

While I've still not gotten NV running again after the update, there's Littlepips Fixes, off the top of my head.
edit: Oh, wait, Fo3. I've not gotten that running at all, so... sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun May 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Stuff like this is why I look up to Markiplier:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 8:23 pm

@FO3 Mods
Mart's Mutant Mod (successor to Mart's Monster Mod for Oblivion!) was good, IIRC, though it definitely made the game much, much harder. (Every time I thought I had enough ammo, a horde of ghouls would inevitably spawn) FWE (Fallout Wanderer's Edition) is the equivalent of Project Nevada, I think it might even have been made by the same people. It comes with CALIBR and CRAFT, so that'll fix you up. WMK (Weapon Mod Kits) is a nice thing to have. Darn UI (another classic Oblivion modder) works with FWE IIRC. FOIP (Fallout Interoperability Program) will add patches for compatibility between all these mods. FOOK (Fallout Overhaul Kit) adds a ton of items, some better textured than others. RH Ironsights is an ironsights mod, which adds a ton to the gameplay IMO but you need a lot of patches to get it working and the last time I used it I still had to mod some of the weapons/add ironsights myself to get them working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon May 04, 2015 12:19 pm

I thought someone might be interested in looking at this
Footage of Berlin in July 1945:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Interesting, yes; thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 05, 2015 1:21 am

Anyone here on Long Island, by the way?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue May 05, 2015 4:29 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Anyone here on Long Island, by the way?
Nope, Massachusetts for the moment, then Rhode Island. Any reason for asking?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue May 05, 2015 7:42 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Anyone here on Long Island, by the way?
No, but if things had been a bit different I'd have been there yesterday through Thursday.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Stringtheory wrote:Nope, Massachusetts for the moment, then Rhode Island. Any reason for asking?
I expect to be moving up there later this year and am looking around for backup jobs in case the primary doesn't work out.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue May 05, 2015 11:31 pm

On an unrelated note, I started using GOG Galaxy and holy shit is it so much nicer than Steam.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed May 06, 2015 12:41 am

Scienza wrote:On an unrelated note, I started using GOG Galaxy and holy shit is it so much nicer than Steam.
How so? Layout? Speed? Lack of bloat on the client end? If it's the last one, the warning that these sorts of clients only get more complex over time should be kept in mind. Not that I'd also immediately jump ship from steam at this point since the client's horrible. It should not take three reloads to get to my inventory or have to reload (or even re-sign into) the store every time I launch steam to get personalized suggestions.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 12:13 pm

So, I live in Maryland and I didn't know there were riots in Baltimore. Huh, I am completely oblivious to the world around me it seems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
Scienza wrote:On an unrelated note, I started using GOG Galaxy and holy shit is it so much nicer than Steam.
How so? Layout? Speed? Lack of bloat on the client end? If it's the last one, the warning that these sorts of clients only get more complex over time should be kept in mind. Not that I'd also immediately jump ship from steam at this point since the client's horrible. It should not take three reloads to get to my inventory or have to reload (or even re-sign into) the store every time I launch steam to get personalized suggestions.
Beyond all the things that are already nice about GOG, the client doesn't eat up memory like a half-baked Doctor Who villain, it doesn't reinstall the same dependencies ninety seven times, you can go DRM-free directly in the client, it's got all sorts of nice crossplay options so you aren't limited server-wise. Basically, it's a cleaner, nicer Steam client.

I'm not jumping ship, because among other things all my games are on Steam and GOG doesn't have the most amazingtabulous selection, but I'm sure as hell switching over whenever possible for future purchases.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Unrelated to anything but is anyone planning on picking up heroes of the storm when it comes out of Beta? I've been playing it for a while now and aside from matchmaking not being the best (Sometimes you'll just roll over a team with little challenge and other times you're the one getting rolled over) and a few assholes every now and then the game is pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed May 06, 2015 11:27 pm

My buddy verbally sucks that game off every time we talk, so I might give it a shot.

Speaking of heroes, does anyone have any sort of interest in using the Worm RP setting or characters we made a while back? I know the RP itself didn't quite work out, but it's kind of a shame to see everyone's work go to waste. Perhaps a collab fic, if anyone's interested?
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed May 06, 2015 11:35 pm

I might be tempted to. Summer break coming up and whatnot.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next