Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
RoboRed
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Cptadder
brony all alone
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ketchup
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Katarn
Tytan
Vinylshadow
23 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:00 pm

I've noticed that modern pick-up trucks are getting shorter in length and taller. They have these ridiculously high walls on the beds, and I don't understand why. Getting tools and equipment in and out of a 90's-model truck is already difficult enough for me, as well as stepping in and out of one. However, that might just be that fact that I have short legs even for my height.

On another note, any vehicle that's not a sedan or a full-size truck is too small for me, which is an odd fact that I'm still trying to completely rationalize. The last time I rode in a small truck, a Chevy S-10 to be exact, I ended up hitting my knee on the dashboard and smashing my foot in the door simultaneously.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by brony all alone Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:03 pm

yeah and im seeing less safety features on cars. my Gmas touchscreen chrysler has no things above the inside the window to hold on  to
brony all alone
brony all alone
Pegasus

Brohoof! : -1

Character List:
Name: RazorWing
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:23 pm

The S10 and Ranger have always been compact trucks. They might be the perfect size for my 5'5" frame, but my taller friends are a little cramped. I've driven a Toyota Rav4 a few times, very spacious and more room than I'd ever need.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:43 pm

swicked wrote:
As for smaller cars... everywhere else in the world cars are tiny as heck. I still remember all the swatch cars, swatch trucks, etc. everywhere from my one trip to Italy years back. Some only fit one person inside. They look like toys, honestly, but I can't imagine they're anything but more popular now.

The first time I ever saw one of those little smart-cars in person was when I happened to notice one of my neighbors has one. The first thing I thought was "truck fodder".

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Smart Cars aren't good cars. Mileage isn't what you'd think, transmission is clunky, and there are certain problems with having two engine halves on opposite ends of the car.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:10 pm

I prefer full-size pick-ups, mostly on the grounds that I'm used to them. They also seem to be safer on account of their size, weight, and field of view. I love my Buick Century, but I'm not a fan of guessing where the four feet of car that I can't see is relative to everything else.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:01 pm

I've mostly stuck to mid-size sedans when driving, but I don't have a car here, so all I've driven (aside from my LMTV and HMMWV tests)  since July has been a Bradley. I get the feeling that, by the time I go on Christmas leave, I'm going to be so used to it that I'll carry over those habits (rarely use the brake, speed up around turns, take steep berms like they ain't shit) are going to be pretty ingrained by the time I get behind a wheeled vehicle's wheel. 

If I catch myself PMCS'ing my goddamn car, though, and I'll shoot myself.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Anyone here know how to get the forum registration key for Victoria II from the Steam version? I took advantage of the sale to finally buy it, and, while my motivation was mostly the support of the developers, I would somewhat like to be able to post on the forums should a particular motive to do so ever arise. Do I have to install the game to get the key?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:17 am

swicked wrote:On an unrelated note, the Adam Sandler Movie Generator.

What I got:

"Timemowing Ball

- Handling balls in a time-cutting manner.

Adam Sandler is a successful ball boy, but one day he realizes that he is able to control time with a magic lawnmower. He exploits this for his own good and fools around, until he realizes that he must take some responsibility. Then he pulls himself together and emerges as a better person."

I lost it the moment I read "magic lawnmower".

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:22 am

O. Hinds wrote:Anyone here know how to get the forum registration key for Victoria II from the Steam version?  I took advantage of the sale to finally buy it, and, while my motivation was mostly the support of the developers, I would somewhat like to be able to post on the forums should a particular motive to do so ever arise.  Do I have to install the game to get the key?

I think so. If I remember correctly, Steam shows you the key when you launch the game, and you can also see the key from Steam In-game.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:20 am

Ah. Bit of an annoyance, that; it looks like I'd have to install Steam and the game in a virtual machine to get the key if I wanted the key. Not sure when I'll be eager enough for forum access (and have the time) to do that. Thanks, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:12 am

Just encounter in the Paris' underground people from an anti-gay manifestation. The father, the mother and the six under-10yo kids all wearing pink and brandishing French flags, fighting against the perils of Gay Marriage and LGBT Rights (apparently they have also started fighting against Trans rights now...).

My blood is still boiling from that. Didn't say anything, but the scowl I had on my face must have said it all. Don't think they saw it, though, absorbed as they were on the idea of going on a family picnic under the Eiffel Tower before going on walk to fight against my rights to be their equals.

Goddamn motherfuckers.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by brony all alone Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:51 am

i got a gay friend and i see the look on his face after he gets harassed by people. im not a good support, but at least i can be there for him.
brony all alone
brony all alone
Pegasus

Brohoof! : -1

Character List:
Name: RazorWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:59 am

[quote="Ironmonger"]
swicked wrote:The first time I ever saw one of those little smart-cars in person was when I happened to notice one of my neighbors has one. The first thing I thought was "truck fodder".

"I used to pick Prius' out of the grill of my Hummer" - Jeff Dunham

-
I have nothing but pity and contempt for people against LGBT people

How are they interfering with your lifestyles? Why do the things they do out of sight disturb you?

Ergh...I get really ugly looks on my face when I read about things like that
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:02 pm

swicked wrote:...not that you aren't justified in your anger either way, but are those uncommon in Paris?
It's a national thing, and today was the day they chose to manifest their cause. They chose Paris as the place to hold this march in order to be more visible.

Otherwise, they're pretty much everywhere in the country. It's simply that here we can see them in the open.

Kinda like a gay-bashing pride, I suppose?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:05 pm

I'd vote for a day of Anti-Gay-Bashing, but violence doesn't solve anything - shame the rest of the world can't take the hint.

I wonder what their reasoning is.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:29 pm

@Vinyl:
Spoiler:
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Go look 'em up

Another fic with 'proper' clop I can recommend is "To Love The Moon"

It's got LXI (56) chapters, last updated June 2014

To Love the Moon (MF, FF, MFM, MFF):

It's very deep and it's definitely one of my favorite romances alongside Xenophilia

Xenophilia (MF, MFF, MFFF):

To be honest, the only Xenoverse fics I like are Xenophilia, Side Stories and Falling to the Centre
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:00 pm

"Now, I'm fine with whatever lifestyle you have, or whatever you do behind closed doors. But, personally, I'm fond of the Roman Standard. You see, the Romans believed that so long as you were the one doing the penetrating, you retained your manhood. You see, I can go without sleep, I can go without water, and without food--I've done all of the above. But sometimes, you just need some ass. Wet mouth's a wet mouth, right? That's what I say when people ask me what I'll do it my son grows up and tells me he's gay. He can freak with whoever he wants; I just want to raise him to be the man in the relationship."

---Staff Sergeant Collins, Company SHARP representative.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:10 pm

As long as the people involved are happy, I don't care what they do or what combo of genders is involved

I've actually been called a hopeless romantic for my mindset
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:09 pm

swicked wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
swicked wrote:...not that you aren't justified in your anger either way, but are those uncommon in Paris?
It's a national thing, and today was the day they chose to manifest their cause. They chose Paris as the place to hold this march in order to be more visible.

Otherwise, they're pretty much everywhere in the country. It's simply that here we can see them in the open.

Kinda like a gay-bashing pride, I suppose?
I guess. While these people are a threat to your rights as a citizen of your country, you should probably try to avoid letting them get your dander up. Upsetting you is one of the goals of their protest, after all. The whole point of a protest is to make yourself visible to your opposition; they aren't going to convince anyone of anything by yelling hate in the streets.
On a related note, is there even any country in the world without some anti-anything-but-straight political movement?
Yeah, I know. That's why I didn't say anything and just vented here.

Doesn't stop me from being quite upset by such malign stupidity.

Anyway, on a more upbeat note, I may be able to find more time to write now, if I can manage to discipline myself into writing half an hour to one hour a day.

Ideally it'd be better if I could find two to three hours spots to do it, but I just don't have the time to do it that way. So I'll have to learn to do better with less.

I found out that writing is a good way to calm myself. Or at least to get some of my thoughts on paper.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:14 pm

If I wrote out my thoughts on paper, I'd probably end up summoning something from the lower depths of hell

*notices that the most users ever online was 101 on Septermber 11th 2014*

....heh
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:25 pm

swicked wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:*notices that the most users ever online was 101 on Septermber 11th 2014*
"Most users ever online was 101 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:38 pm"

Most users ever online was 101 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:38 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 F332218709

Different time zones

Last edited by Vinylshadow on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:29 pm

Looks like it

Now it says "Most users ever online was 101 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:38 pm"

One timezone actually has my birth town, Kaliningrad on it...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:30 pm

I've successfully resisted an impulse to make a horrible joke. That's new.

Also, I like the... um, let's say 'the drawing style', of this artist. Check the tag "artist:lvl" for more.

extra saucy:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:31 pm

*eye twitches*

Welp, time zone's fixed

Needs more Luna:

*murrs*
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Valikdu wrote:I've successfully resisted an impulse to make a horrible joke. That's new.

Also, I like the... um, let's say 'the drawing style', of this artist. Check the tag "artist:lvl" for more.

extra saucy:
I've recently come upon this artist myself. He also has a tumblr that is... *ahem* saucier.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:46 pm

The only thing better than CQB training? CQB training wherein the OPFOR stashes their weapons and sneaks around like ninjas. 

We actually had an assault team member yanked out a window last night. 

Of course, the assault teams got in on it, too. We had teams scaling walls and breaching through the ceiling, guys going in through windows, and the classic feigning trouble breaching the door while the other fireteam comes in through the rear window. 

Still doesn't compare to the training of a few months ago, where there were six or seven smoke grenades going off in a ranch-sized house during a platoon-on-platoon engagement. Suffice to say, everyone died.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:50 pm

lvlthesentry

I like the style
The content...love/hate, I guess...

The outfits are nice, but it's the large breasts that make me falter in praise

Keep is classy:

-

A lot of modern training mimics ninjas - create a distraction in one place, attack from the side/back, hit-and-fade tactics, unnerve the enemy, that sort of thing

Goddamn kill stealers...you do all the work, they get all the credit
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:27 pm

@Frost
I'm imagining the LARP crew from my college given access to smoke grenades. It is not a pretty sight. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next