Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Aonee
Cptadder
iLateralGX
O. Hinds
Scyto Harmony
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Frost
Kattlarv
Katarn
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
20 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:48 am

Katarn wrote:Ah yes...I still remember how I dug into this one cave and few minutes later glorious dwarf fortress was haunted evil place with no living dwarf inside.
Hell, I can't past figuring out how the damn "UI" works...  Scootaloo 
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:55 am

It's part of becoming true dwarf. Also..I've spent 3 days figuring out interface.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:59 am

Katarn wrote:It's part of becoming true dwarf. Also..I've spent 3 days figuring out interface.
Ah, that explains my problem, pretty sure the longest stretch of time I've put into DF is about four hours, then I have to go play something with real graphics.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:12 am

stringtheory wrote:
Katarn wrote:Ah yes...I still remember how I dug into this one cave and few minutes later glorious dwarf fortress was haunted evil place with no living dwarf inside.

The pain will only be passing. You should survive the process.

Crazy

All of the hotkeys just settle in the muscle memory, after a time. I don't even remember when it was that I wanted a better UI...
Then again, I've been playing it since 2011, and also modding. I'm probably insane. Twilight crazy

I'm looking forward to the new combat mechanics and the multi-tiered trees (which will apparently have leaves and fruit). And secretly hoping for the bone stack bug to be fixed.

Last edited by Valikdu on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:19 am; edited 4 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 HMFTy
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 am

Yes, that is accurate.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:26 am

It's funny when I actually started to see barrels and stones, instead of ASCII code.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:06 am

So I was browsing the Cosplayer-in-Equestria subsection in FIMFic, and I stumbled across <a href="http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random">this</a>, which was used as a story starting point. Premise was write a story after clicking the link five times, and redoing it if you were too OP.
Curious to see what you all have as results. Mine were as follows:
1) Weather Adaptation - Can't be affected by weather changes e.g. gusts of wind, fog, etc.
Hopefully this is an active ability so if I do want to be carried by wind it doesn't negate it. Hence the Adaptation.

2) Burst - Ability to create "a burst of force".
Thinking I can focus the blasts to replicate Blackjack's TK Gun abilities.

3) Obsession Embodiement - Become stronger when obsessing over something or when filled with urgency. Will go rampant if obsession is repressed.
Well, nuts. On one hand, it's useful for winning. On the other hand, "I want to grab that spoon." *turns titan*

4) Enchantment - Ability to place something or someone under a spell. Comes free with shapeshifting / illusion.
Sheesh, this alone is OP. Hmm. Limits indicated are requiring a lot of learning, and can be hindered by not realizing the full extent of powers. Former is done by training, latter is null via creativity / imagination.

5) Society Manipulation - Mind manipulation on a societal scale. "The user of this power can control different kinds of societies and their belief systems and their cultures. When powerful enough, the user can affect entire countries of society, though they can also control smaller groups such as fan clubs, organizations an such"
  Hah, I can form my all-powerful student council now. Or be like 'Tia in some universes.

Was amusing. Back to lurking to see how long it takes for anyone to respond.

Last edited by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Prettifying the post)
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:15 am

1) Temporal protection. Can't be affected by alterations to the time stream. Man, I could have used this to completely fucking ruin Groundhog's Day.
2) Planetary Empowerment. Can draw power from planets. So I'm some sort of hippy motherfucker like not-even-a-commissioned-officer-let-alone-a-Captain-Planet. Fuck it, that guy's name is Planet Man now. Dumbass ain't gettin' no salutes from me
3) Radiation Immunity: Self-explanatory. The main use of this is that I'll never have to fucking deal with promasks or anything again. Those things suck dick for beer money.
4) Enhanced Intelligence. I already have this shit. It was a package deal with ravishing good looks and impressive skill at anything I attempt.
5) Physical Law Immunity. Isn't this shit, like, every superpower ever? Whatever. If it lets me access hammerspace through my pockets (and store approximately a metric fuckton of guns in those pockets) Then I'm happy. Also, I can legally have five aces in a game of poker.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:33 am

1) Envy Empowerment - Gains power from envy of oneself and of others. 
Well, this sounds like it would be useful. I'd just go on dA, find one of those ridiculously talented people, and become a god.

2) Worship Inducement - Can cause any sentient/non-sentient being to worship oneself. 
Holy shit, this is going to stack awesomely with Envy Empowerment.

3) Gluttony Empowerment - Empowered by gluttony. 
Bring me food, lowly plebs. Bring food to your god.

4) Supernatural Concealment - Can hide themselves from pretty much anything.
Useful, but doesn't really contribute to my epic combo.

5) Radiation Immunity - What it says on the tin
Cool, I guess.

Last edited by Scienza on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:34 am

1. Ionization- basically can create plasma. Not sure what I can do with that but alright maybe I can be a welder.

2. Fruit/Vegatable mimicry- Ability to have a body made up of fruits. That's a power?

3. Enhanced Chakram skill- Kinda self explanatory. Chakrams... Okay.

4. Floraportation- Teleportation with plants I assume. I didn't bother reading past the name. I wonder if since I've got a vegetable body if I can just teleport.

5. Vulnerability Inducement- The ability to make others physically or mentally weak.

I think my job options are pretty much guardian of those bins of fruit at the grocery store.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:37 am

We'd be a great combo, Scienza. You'd be getting so much power by envying me for being better than you.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:45 am

1)Loneliness embodiment http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Loneliness_Embodiment
2) Haemokinetic combat http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Haemokinetic_Combat
3) Aspect of Valor http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Aspect_of_Valor
4) Haemokinetic whip generation http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Haemokinetic_Whip_Generation
5) Omnipotence embodiment http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnipotence_Embodiment
5) Pressure point intuition http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Pressure_Point_Intuition

Basically Khorne

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:47 am

So, you're abnormally valorous while being the single kinkiest superhero in the universe.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:51 am

Mister Frost wrote:We'd be a great combo, Scienza. You'd be getting so much power by envying me for being better than you.
I could always make you worship me, ramping up my envy of myself, as I make you bring me food.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:56 am

Mister Frost wrote:So, you're abnormally valorous while being the single kinkiest superhero in the universe.
*LaMarseillaise.mp3*
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:08 am

?bait: http://lolo-doodles.tumblr.com/post/90542362168/nurse-pinkamena-is-a-bit-scary-cool-as-hell-but
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:08 am

Acceptable.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7d51Ce-Q0
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:22 pm

1) Lava Breath
2) Peak Human Endurance
3) Peak Human Accuracy
4) Spirit Magic
5) Ability Tier Activation [basically, having a talent tree]

Hmm... Okay.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Heh, I'll probably be abusing TK Sniper Rifle and Enchantment::Wallflower. to avoid anyone out to get me. Social Manipulation is not something I'd use that often, except maybe to make them forget I exist. Obsession is definitely something I need to negate first, otherwise I'd just be a berserker.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Valikdu wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

The pain will only be passing. You should survive the process.

Crazy

All of the hotkeys just settle in the muscle memory, after a time. I don't even remember when it was that I wanted a better UI...
Then again, I've been playing it since 2011, and also modding. I'm probably insane. Twilight crazy

I'm looking forward to the new combat mechanics and the multi-tiered trees (which will apparently have leaves and fruit). And secretly hoping for the bone stack bug to be fixed.
Aye, I've had moments where I'll do something and, midway through, realize that I don't consciously know what letter keys I'm pressing.

swicked wrote:For anyone who ever wanted to see what happens in Fallout 3 but could never get the game to work (looking at Hinds) and don't want to sit through a tens of hours-long playthrough, this guy beats the game in about 24 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4t9EHIneo
Heh, thanks, but I doubt that that would be the sort of playthrough I'd have. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:08 pm

Also, has anyone here besides me and Iron seen the new Transformers? If not.....consider yourselves fucking lucky. Shit was about as exciting as watching a dog chew up an IPhone while Jason Statham drives his head into a brick wall (which may or may not be an actual upcoming movie.) and I think the only way anyone involved in the movie could have given less of a shit was if Waste Management was closing its doors.

Basically, if someone offers you free tickets to Transformers and all you have to do to get them is to leave your jail cell before Slippery Steve comes in and butt/mouth-fucks you for about three hours, I urge you to consider carefully.
Actually, if Steve's decent-looking and brings his own lube, that'd certainly be preferable.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:23 pm

@Superpowers

1. Crystallokinetic Combat, The user fights using a combination of impaling crystals, walls for defense, and tricking the opponent into finding a flaw only to find it is a trap.

2. Matter Absorption, The user can absorb various kinds of matter into their own body. In some cases, this causes the user to take on the properties of said matter.

3. Electrocommunication, User is able to interface with natural electrical signals found in nature that used by special animals and insects to communicate with these special animals or insects. The user is far more capable of communicating and may control these special animals and/or insects through electrical signals.

4. Hallucination Solidification, The user is able to make their illusions or hallucinations of reality turn solid and make them real. They may have no control over this power as it just sort of happens when they're sick or high since that's when most hallucinations occur. However, the user's dreams will sometimes become solid too as it also turns the subconscious mind into reality.

5. Aerial Communication, The user can communicate with the winds in the surrounding area. This ability makes for an excellent tracking mechanism as the winds can move all throughout an environment and report back to a user its information.

So looks like I've got pretty good scouting with light direct combat capabilities. That Hallucination one though, that might either cause problems or just be completely useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:37 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:So I was browsing the Cosplayer-in-Equestria subsection in FIMFic, and I stumbled across <a href="http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random">this</a>, which was used as a story starting point. Premise was write a story after clicking the link five times, and redoing it if you were too OP.
1) Weather Adaptation - The user is unaffected by the weather, including wind, rain, temperature, electricity, fog, etc. Their senses, movement or any actions aren't affected by weather in any way.
2) Hope Manipulation - User can sense and manipulate the hope, including the virtue, of themselves, people, animals and other creatures, whether by increasing, decreasing, causing or otherwise channeling hope, even manifesting the emotional energy to physical level.
3) Demonic Force Manipulation - The user of this power has the all of the forces of Unholiness at their Whim and the ability to control all the malevolent primordial dark energies. The user also has full control of the negative restraints over the dark mystical energies generally controlled by evil entities allowing them to accomplish any dark magical feat.
4) Telepathic Prediction - The user can know an opponent's moves and attacks by reading their minds/thoughts/brain waves.
5) Weather Empowerment - Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they through weather, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw strength/vitality from the weather or even slow or stop aging.

*looks at 1 & 5*...Those two seem a tad bit contradictory at first...

Last edited by RoboRed on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:37 pm

1. Firestorm. Create pyroclasms that "incinerates all".
2. Air Augmentation. It... augments air-based powers. Which I guess Firestorm could sometimes be. I guess.
3. Numerical Precision. Intuitive understanding of reality as maths.
4. Sacred Darkness. Relates to healing, banishment, necromancy, summonings, negative energy manipulation.
5. Electrical telekinesis. Telekinesis through electromagnetic field manipulation.

I am the scion of a Dark God, but a benevolent one. With enhanced smiting capabilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Bored waiting so I rolled another character:
1) Technology Manipulation - The ability to manipulate electronics and machinery.
Aka I am now a hacker.

2) Truth Denial - The ability to deny truth. This power views reality as a sentient being, lies to it, and makes reality accept those lies.  
Umm. Yeah, so OP power right here.

3) Power Negation - Nullifys any and all other powers.
Jackpot.

4) Expanding Energy Bolts - Energy blasts that expand on contact or chosen place
Hadouken!

5) Adaptive Regeneration - The power to increase the speed of ones regenerative power each time one is wounded.  Can evolve into Supernatural Regeneration.

Apparently this character rolled to stop other characters. Twilight crazy
In other news, Warframe Forums exploding with the unofficial information that Perfect World Entertainment is purchasing Digital Extremes.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Also, has anyone here besides me and Iron seen the new Transformers? If not.....consider yourselves fucking lucky. Shit was about as exciting as watching a dog chew up an IPhone while Jason Statham drives his head into a brick wall (which may or may not be an actual upcoming movie.) and I think the only way anyone involved in the movie could have given less of a shit was if Waste Management was closing its doors.

Basically, if someone offers you free tickets to Transformers and all you have to do to get them is to leave your jail cell before Slippery Steve comes in and butt/mouth-fucks you for about three hours, I urge you to consider carefully.
Actually, if Steve's decent-looking and brings his own lube, that'd certainly be preferable.
My impression of the Transformers films is that once the novelty of seeing Optimus Prime blow things up wore off, there was pretty much nothing else for me to enjoy. It just sucked out what little narrative complexity was in the franchise to begin with (this coming from someone who loves the shit out of Transformers) and gave us only the most cynical of shitty franchise-milking.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Scienza wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Also, has anyone here besides me and Iron seen the new Transformers? If not.....consider yourselves fucking lucky. Shit was about as exciting as watching a dog chew up an IPhone while Jason Statham drives his head into a brick wall (which may or may not be an actual upcoming movie.) and I think the only way anyone involved in the movie could have given less of a shit was if Waste Management was closing its doors.

My impression of the Transformers films is that once the novelty of seeing Optimus Prime blow things up wore off, there was pretty much nothing else for me to enjoy. It just sucked out what little narrative complexity was in the franchise to begin with (this coming from someone who loves the shit out of Transformers) and gave us only the most cynical of shitty franchise-milking.
The sad thing is that they attempted to make a decently well-thought out narrative--and it came out as an absolute clusterfuck of clumsily intersecting plots and enemies *resists taking a crack at PH*

I grew up on Transformers,and I can attest to the fact that a decent supply of cool robots and a semi-coherent plot is all that's necessary to keep us happy. Cut out about 80% of the human-only scenes (if we wanted to watch a movie with no Transformers in it, we'd be watching literally any other movie on Earth.) and certainly keep them out of the way of the actual endgame fight scenes. That's just the start of the trainwreck that was the most recent one, but it's a start.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Meanwhile, the PWE panic thread over at Warframe Forums has reached 174+ pages since this morning.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next