Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+5
Fuzzy
Vergil
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
9 posters

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 15 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Valikdu Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Well...
I'd love to explore the new section of the branch upwards from the D.W.2. But, in my endless boredom, I've already researched all the tier 6 VK.xx.x, so the previously-mediums are both already open. Ugh.

Although the VK 30.01.H now has the friggin' Konish gun on tier 5, so I could take that for great pwnage.

The A-44 also looks inviting.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 15 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by hawkeye92 Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Well, 8.8 comes tomorrow for Europe. I have my 3001h all ready to get turned into tier 5 and get the real Panther(tm) at tier 6.

Although I've grown rather attached to the 3001H, it's actually not a bad tank at all as it is and it'll probably be worse as a tier 5 heavy overall.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Some of these replays are really bloody impressive. (also, total Fuzzybait w/ the Matilda in the first vid Spike )

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:43 pm

People on the WG forum are all saying that the DW2 sucks.
I dunno. I kind of like it. Of course I get murdered if I meet a tier 5 heavy, but it does good against its own tier.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:50 pm

RoboRed wrote:Some of these replays are really bloody impressive. (also, total Fuzzybait w/ the Matilda in the first vid Spike )
It was more the Churchill VII one that made my eyebrows go up! That was literally the perfect game for a C7.

The Matilda one was hysterically funny though. Again, just sheer dumb luck to face mostly tier 3's, ones with low pen weapons and idiots who had the high pen ones! Oh how I'd have loved that. I do love my Matilda. (Starting to like the Covenantor a lot lately too after discovering its top gun on the 8.6 accuracy...so long as it only faces tier 4...)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Covey was an alright tank. Crusader's alright, too. I can't wait to unleash hell with the Cromwell, though.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Been trying 8.8 now.

Sigh.

WG, I know you have a lot of Russian fantasies that keep you awake smiling at night you want to do, but could you please get around to learning how to optimise?

8.8 has damaged the framerate again. The last four patches in a row have steadily been declining the framerate. In 8.7 I was slammed down to 15 fps until I minimised every single graphics setting that let me get about 23 if I was lucky. That was already absolutely unacceptable.

But now you can max out at 20 fps. And this is on my rather powerful rig too. It's...laughable. Unplayable damn near. It's making the server controls freak out and now tanks control like they're on ice with over-sensitive controls on everything.

Really, in 2013 there should be no such thing as a game below 60 fps as minimum, with higher being considered the norm. This isn't difficult stuff guys, especially given WoT isn't exactly the most taxing game visually or technically.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:49 am

Fuzzy wrote:Been trying 8.8 now.

Sigh.
You're using Nvidia graphics aren't you? Wargaming has a long history of not bothering to develop or test their system for it. In fact until a couple of patches ago there were some utterly game ruining bugs for Nvidia cards which they couldn't be bothered to fix.

You would have thought it would be a no-brainer sorting the issue out since so many of their potential customers use that hardware, but no.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:13 pm

Oddly I've never really had problems with WoT and my nvidia cards. Then again, I've long been suffering from a bluescreen problem somewhat related instead (which I think I only just recently solved).

Honestly though fuzzy WG is nuts if they think they deserve another golden joystick at the moment. I'm quite glad NA hasn't gotten the patch yet.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
RoboRed wrote:Some of these replays are really bloody impressive. (also, total Fuzzybait w/ the Matilda in the first vid Spike )
It was more the Churchill VII one that made my eyebrows go up! That was literally the perfect game for a C7.
Disclaimer: I hadn't finished that vid yet when I posted it. No clue what you were talking about. Herpderp.
But yeah, that was cool.

This Ferdinand, however...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 15 418736__safe_princess+luna_photo_ponies+in+real+life_military_tank+%28vehicle%29_canada_artist-colon-cplhenderson_leopard
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:41 am

I'm not even sure what to make of that.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:49 am

That was pretty much my exact reaction.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:35 am

Not a lot of news...but something else to mention after this that is almost hilariously stupid on WG's part, we'll get to that in a minute. First some excerpts.

- SerB states that there were no other candidates for 2nd German TD branch tier 9 (like the Panther- and Tiger-based ones) (SS: what a load of bullshit)

SS knows his stuff. Gotta love Wg not doing research again.

- SerB confirms that when the unlockable hull modules appear in WoT, there will be many changes in the tech trees (SS: as in, some tanks will disappear, becoming effectively an optional hull for another tank), SerB will tell “when the time is right”

Interesting. Finally we might get a proper Churchill IV, Cromwell MkVII and a Heavy Conqueror.

- there are plans for various other Waffenträger German TD’s, SerB will also tell when the time is right

- there are other possible vehicles to fit the assault gun branch of German TD’s, other than StuH, StuIG, Sturmpanther and Sturmtiger (SS: other considered are sIG33B, turret-less version of Sturmpanther, Sturmpanzer Ferdinand and Bär, oh yea and the 150mm Panther Sfl I think, not sure I forgot something)

More German is a little unneeded at the moment, but certainly not unwelcome.

- apparently (and possibly newly in 8.8), there is a new feature. If two tanks fire at each other and (theoretically) destroy each other with one shot, only one will die, the one, who (according to the server) fired faster. In other words, when a tank dies, its fired shell apparently disappears

What. At the very least that nerfs the slow firing derpguns a little but it makes no damn sense.

But as I said, there is something bigger. They finally released the tech tree for the British in World of Warplanes and...hah...just when you thought WoWp couldn't get any worse in comparison to War Thunder you get this.

Ready? You thought the Firefly not being in was bad?

World of Warplanes' British tree doesn't have the Hurricane.

Nor does it have the Typhoon.

Or the Gladiator.

Or the Meteor.

Or the Swordfish.

In effect, the only major historical ones it has are the Spitfire and the Mosquito. But still, no Hurricane?! The single biggest workhorse of the RAF? That's like WoT without a Sherman. I'm actually laughing. They've just handed themselves to War Thunder on a silver platter.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:50 am

You know, at first I thought it was looking a bit awkward, but with time I think I've been warming up to the design of the Leopard 1.

I mean, it looks like if it were to be taken from behind or from the sides it'd be totally screwed, but, I dunno, it just looks cool to me.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:59 am

I don't remember the last time I solopubbed and went 5 for 5, but it literally just happened.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:You know, at first I thought it was looking a bit awkward, but with time I think I've been warming up to the design of the Leopard 1.

I mean, it looks like if it were to be taken from behind or from the sides it'd be totally screwed, but, I dunno, it just looks cool to me.
If it's taken from anywhere it's totally screwed. Speed is life to the Leo and it does speed very well. Awesome tank to play, so I hear.

Also, some more news.

Brace for frustration.

- the crew voices will not be extended anytime soon

Translated as "We don't care about the UK"

- SerB on some guns doing as much damage as they do: “Once you find a historical amount of damage the guns did in hitpoints, we will review it immediately”

Translated as "We want Russian guns to be better than anyone else."

- Q: “What prevents you from adding some interface mod features into the game for more comfort?” A: “The fact that we don’t consider overstuffed interface comfortable”

Translated as "We don't want to admit XVM is better than our game's own GUI."

- enough British heavies or meds for second branch? “Doubtful”

Translated as "We can't be bothered to make British tanks even though there's enough for another four trees."
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
- SerB confirms that when the unlockable hull modules appear in WoT, there will be many changes in the tech trees (SS: as in, some tanks will disappear, becoming effectively an optional hull for another tank), SerB will tell “when the time is right”

Interesting. Finally we might get a proper Churchill IV, Cromwell MkVII and a Heavy Conqueror.
I'm looking forward to that. So many opportunities.
But as I said, there is something bigger. They finally released the tech tree for the British in World of Warplanes and...hah...just when you thought WoWp couldn't get any worse in comparison to War Thunder you get this.

Or the Gladiator.

Or the Meteor.

Or the Swordfish.

In effect, the only major historical ones it has are the Spitfire and the Mosquito. But still, no Hurricane?! The single biggest workhorse of the RAF? That's like WoT without a Sherman. I'm actually laughing. They've just handed themselves to War Thunder on a silver platter.
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 15 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS312qMOobF4yBRliRkKMPOKHb43YP52ffXHvWQ3DiMEaUJcNzOhw
The Hurricane was a very important design. So was the Meteor. And Swordfishies were important too. AND NO TYPHOON?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Fuzzy wrote:

Or the Gladiator.

Or the Meteor.

Or the Swordfish.

WHELP...NOTHING ELSE TO SEE HERE, FOLKS.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Nor does it have the Typhoon.
HERESY
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:19 am

So, for a while I had been thinking about starting a new grind, parallel to my French Light / Medium and Heavy grinding lines, and I had been wondering which one to choose.

Thought about Chinese medium line, then the Soviet IS line. The T-62A also crossed my mind.

Finally, and as much as I hate the idea of playing Nazi vehicles, I think I'll start grinding toward the Leopard 1. At least the end-goal seems to be worth it.

Plus, I'll finally have a wide selection of mediums to play.

Currently, the mediums I have are low tier French and British ones (up to tier 4 with the Matilda, which is arguably more of a pocket Heavy than really a medium), and I won't be having new mediums before I hit tiers 9 and 10 of the French tree.

So, any remarks before I start ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:20 am

(but it seems that apart from the Matilda, I'm specializing into driving armor-less tanks. Spike )
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:30 am

Okay, first possible switch, first question :

Should I choose the Pz. III path, or the Pz. IIg one ? I'm inclined to choose the Pz. III right now.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:20 am

This shameless vid repost should answer your question...Spike 

And this one, just because:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:48 am

Also, you can do this (shameless self promotion)
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:57 am

That is a quality I love about the PzIII. It's a hefty little tank and does pretty good ramming damage.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:13 am

'kay, got it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:54 am

I love the Centurion.
Just got 23 hits, no misses, and 18 penetrations. The 20-Pounder A is powerful in terms of penetration, along with ROF, and is very accurate, especially when compared to the American guns I'm used to.
When it's hull down its armour does very well, especially for a medium. Depression is meh, though. It can brawl if it really needs to, but it's a last resort due to the depression, low speed and acceleration with the Mk. 4B Meteor, and low damage.
Very vulnerable to artillery and the hull armour is too thin to protect against lower-tier gunfire consistently. It has a good HP pool, though.
It handles a little bit like I remember the T32, but with a gun that actually works against Tier 8s and 9s consistently. It also doesn't fire shells that cost a thousand credits, an AP is only 680, so it makes money or breaks even almost every time. Makes it more fun to play.

Overall, great support and sniping tank, and a good hill-fighter.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:14 pm

15 victories today, that's 250K credits in my pocket! Fluttershy
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Ketchup wrote:I love the Centurion.
Just got 23 hits, no misses, and 18 penetrations. The 20-Pounder A is powerful in terms of penetration, along with ROF, and is very accurate, especially when compared to the American guns I'm used to.
When it's hull down its armour does very well, especially for a medium. Depression is meh, though. It can brawl if it really needs to, but it's a last resort due to the depression, low speed and acceleration with the Mk. 4B Meteor, and low damage.
Very vulnerable to artillery and the hull armour is too thin to protect against lower-tier gunfire consistently. It has a good HP pool, though.
It handles a little bit like I remember the T32, but with a gun that actually works against Tier 8s and 9s consistently. It also doesn't fire shells that cost a thousand credits, an AP is only 680, so it makes money or breaks even almost every time. Makes it more fun to play.

Overall, great support and sniping tank, and a good hill-fighter.
Yeah, that's why I love mine too. Most people don't like it and prefer the 7/1 but to be fair I like them both. You are lucky with your timing though, I had mine before they changed the income value of the tank to make up for the heniously expensive shells. In the bad days you would have to hit, penetrate and roll high damage to make money back from a shot in all but the best of games, so the 7/1 lost less money than it's tier eight counterpart.
they did fix it though so with premium it's all right at making a steady trickle of credits.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next