Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+5
Fuzzy
Vergil
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
9 posters

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 5 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:23 am

Meanwhile, on the NA server...(Problem, Harmony?)Trollestia
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 5 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:32 am

*sees offers on the French Light Tank line*

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 5 F8p6tg3

>North American server

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 5 Tumblr_m7d0nddhd41r1849go1_500
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:54 am

Meh, you're not the only one suffering...I just blew a bunch of my free xp on the British medium line a couple days before the event (because FV4202, one day...). What I have left can only carry me to the tier 3. I kinda want the BatChat, too. I can see myself causing a lot of hell in it. (and the ELC)

I love mediums.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Anyone up for some Tier 4 battles tonight, guys ? I want to grind XP for the B1 and move up the French Heavy Line. I could use two matilda covering my incompetent ass. Derpy Hooves 

Dual-purpose : I'm short 400,000 credit to move up the French Light Tank line and get the Tier 6 one.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:02 pm

*rams head through wall in frustration* Why?...WHY CAN'T ANYTHING GO RIGHT TODAY!!?!?

I just want some figgin XP so I can get to tier 9 before classes start...
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 5 Sad_pony__twilight_crying_____by_jfiend97-d5ouga7
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Managed to grind enough XP today to do all the research on the B1 minus the best radio, which is Tier 9 and require around 7,500 XP to get.

So right now I'm looking at something like a 14,000 XP grind to get to the next step, which is the BDR G1 B.

Also, I took advantage of the current offer, and now have 33 garage slots (23 unused, but not for much longer :v ), and a shitton of barrack slots.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:00 am

Had a pretty crazy game in the Patton. We were apparently down a tier 10 and there were a lot of big guns around, I thought I'd meet a messy end early on. All the TDs and heavies went into the city on both teams, ours being defensive, leaving two assailing BatChats and their artillery in the field to four mediums, including myself. We lost all the assets in the city after we took out those, but they were disorganized enough that it was a relatively simple matter of taking our remaining mediums and flanking all of them.
Spoiler:
And I bounced an FV 183. It was grand.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:07 am

For the Medium line, I think I'm going to invest in the british tree. Any remark ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:23 am

I've gone up the tree to the Comet, where it became quite the grind and I started working up the American turretless TD line instead. I find it not much fun to play due to it's rather weak top gun, which is the Cromwell's excellent tier 6 75 mm gun with a few sprinkles, meaning it lacks significant damage for tier 7 with some decent penetration. The Cromwell is a great tank and is very fun to play, as it can fill many roles. I like the M103 for the same reason.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:29 am

From Fuzzy's words, I think that line (the 8+ tiers to be precise) is in bad condition right now? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:38 am

Well, I was thinking mostly of just getting the Matilda, and maybe the two Churchill above it, for the fun of maybe doing a three Matilda / two Matilda and one Churchill platoon with Fuzzy and Hawkeye. :D

The high rate of fire of the Matilda gun makes it looks like a bunch of fun to play.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Lol, second or third game on the Vickers Medium Mk. 2, and I get second class mastery without much effort (the teamplay was really good), with only 270 XP won.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean about the quality of the vehicle or the players using it. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:59 pm

I had the Matchmaker God on my side for the first two-third of this game session... But then Fate turned against me, forcing me to experience the shame of numerous defeat born from incompetent teammates.

At least by tonight I should have the Vickers Medium III.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Lol, second or third game on the Vickers Medium Mk. 2, and I get second class mastery without much effort (the teamplay was really good), with only 270 XP won.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean about the quality of the vehicle or the players using it. Spike
It's kinda crazy. For example, I've got four games in the Cruiser Mk. III, including one that had four out of seven total kills for the vehicle that must have netted me Ace Tanker. I think it's more that new players play the early vehicles, as it's much more difficult to get those badges on higher-tiered tanks.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:For the Medium line, I think I'm going to invest in the british tree. Any remark ?

Ketchup wrote:I've gone up the tree to the Comet, where it became quite the grind and I started working up the American turretless TD line instead. I find it not much fun to play due to it's rather weak top gun, which is the Cromwell's excellent tier 6 75 mm gun with a few sprinkles, meaning it lacks significant damage for tier 7 with some decent penetration. The Cromwell is a great tank and is very fun to play, as it can fill many roles. I like the M103 for the same reason.

Valikdu wrote:From Fuzzy's words, I think that line (the 8+ tiers to be precise) is in bad condition right now? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The British medium line is...patchy.

Cruiser III - Not bad, the Pom Pom is lethal at this tier.

Cruiser IV - Cruiser III a tier higher, basically, it's really not that great.

Covenantor - Aurgh

Crusader - Fun in platoons and a sneaky little tank, but it's frustration central when it feels like a Tier 4.5 tank

Cromwell - Very fun tank, if no-where near as powerful as it used to before everyone became a sniper.

Comet - Worthless unless you're rolling premium ammo. It's got good all round stats but it's so cumbersome and its gun is unbelievable in how bad it is.

Centurion MkI - If you can last the grind on this tank, your patience will forever be increased. This tank is unthinkably frustrating with no armour, a pretty weak gun, moderate agility and no ability to camo at all. Plus a huge cost to repair and even to fire the fun. If you make a profit in a game with this tank, it's an event.

Centurion Mk7/1 - I've hear dit's great once elited, to just be a sniper with a ridiculous gun.

FV4202 - Worst Tier 10 in the game.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Yeah, I think I'll just stick with the Matilda once I get it, then. Spike

What's a good Medium line that isn't Russian ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Batchat's are mean SOB's. Really, you should continue on down the French light/med line.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:03 pm

Got the Medium 3. Cheated a bit by transferring a bit of XP from the ELC to the Medium 2, but for only 3 gold who cares ? Spike

Anyway, I think the only arty I'll ever get will be the AMX 13 F3. At least I won't have to grind everything before to get something somewhat decent. Twilight crazy *eye twitch*

@ Robo : Oh I know that Crazy . I just wondered if there was a "dedicated" medium line that seemed promising around the middle tiers.

Once I get the Matilda, I'll ditch the three previous British tanks. I think I'll start investigating the French TD line. Any remarks ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:13 pm

German meds are pretty fun.Spike 

For French TDs, initial grind will be a bit of a pain, as they are slow and often have limited gun traverse. Final forms are speedy, sloped, and have those annoying-ass autoloaders.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:54 pm

I AM LE QUACK!!!:
Not a bad little tank. But, that was a short time with it. Now on to the AMX 40.

S'been good today. Lots of wins, hit my 10k quota for the IP. Unfortunately didn't get A SINGLE WIN in my AT15, but oh well.

Also, installed XVM. God bless that map marking system.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:08 pm

French tech tree : backstabbing optimized ?

Speed, maneuverability & big guns makes me believe so.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:French tech tree : backstabbing optimized ?

First response:
Possibly. Maneuverable as fuck, they are.

I just can't wait to wreck havoc in the ELC.Sweetie Belle

Second response:
this makes Spy happy.:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:22 pm

This was intended. Spike

Anyway, somehow managed to get Class 1 mastery of the Medium 3, somehow.

https://i.imgur.com/88s2H1v.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5vNzz3M.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GFidpmi.jpg
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:15 pm

BTW, I bought the TOG.

Ketchup, we must ride together.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:32 pm

TOG platoon ? This is gonna be... something.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:For the Medium line, I think I'm going to invest in the british tree. Any remark ?

My thoughts, as someone who's also grinded both German heavy lines to tier 8. Fuzzy's input is great, but I disagree on a few points.

Cruiser III:

Great little tank. I've only played two games in it before progressing and I didn't keep it as my tier 2 non premium tank only because the Pz. 35 captured my heart first. It has a great mix of speed and gun. It has little in the way of armour so you won't bounce anything and the vehicle is quite big, but it is a mean machine.
I prefer the 2pdr to the pom-pom because of its extra penetration and accuracy- you can go through anything on its tier no problem as long as they're not angled (tip, when fighting T18's shoot the angled plate on the front- it is only 15mm thick and even sloped it won't stop pretty much anything uless it's lucky- the flat plate above and below is really tough though).
However the pom-pom does great burst damage.

Cruiser IV: Pretty much as Fuzzy said, it's a bigger Cruiser III. I used a mixture of the 2pdr and the 40mm pom-pom for this tank.

Covenanter: Yeah this isn't a good tank. I found the basic gun overall to be the best due to decent rate of fire and no loss of accuracy between shots which hampers the autoloaders. Of note though the bofors I believe fires two shots for every click of the trigger and 'one' shell expended at this tier though.

Crusader: A light tank with the mobility of a medium, it has a low profile, good camo value and a fairly good gun in the form of the 6pdr. It's decently mobile but has no armour so you can't brawl with ANYTHING, and I mean anything. In my opinion it's better than the current pz 4 in it's accurate and relatively high penetration gun, mobility and high camo value. Probably not as good as the 3/4 though, although I progressed past that point in the tree before it was introduced.

Cromwell:
An interesting beast. Absolutely superb mobility and a gun better found on a tier seven medium. It's drawbacks are that it has very little armour, the gun cannot fit a vertical stabilizer and gets quite inaccurate on the move (which you need to be moving almost all of the time). Also it might be a little too fast. You are not a scout and souldn't behave like one. Sometimes it is difficult to pace yourself and keep behind your friends when you can get as fast as this does. It's for this reason I don't do very well in this tank. However, my most kills ever were scored in this vehicle when everything decided to bounce off and I was playing well.

Compared to the VK36.01, the VK has faaaar superior armour and resilience, a decent high penetration gun comparable to the Cromwell's but a little more accurate, higher penetration and slightly lower rate of fire but does a little more damage per shot. Also, you can play it like a heavy tank at tier six, just be wary of the russian heavies.

Compared to the VK 3001P it has a lot of similarities in being a fast medium. The VK can bounce shots from its turret, has a bit better armour but not by much and is a bigger tank so slower. The VK also has access to the the short '88, which has a lot of alpha, pen and accuracy for a tier 6 medium. I performed a lot better in the 3001P than the Cromwell on average, mainly because it was that bit slower so I didn't go haring off ahead. However, reign that instinct in and the Cromwell will beat the 3001P.

Comet:
Where the tanks start getting serious, you have a relatively strong turret, a low profile and really good turret depression on the second turret. You're pretty mobile and can cruicially fit a vertical stabliliser so you don't get so much reticule bloom on the move (although I heard it's effects were somehow nerfed, have to look into it) and during turret traverse, which is a godsend in a mobile tank.
Because of its low profile you can snipe well, it's gun isn't a huge improvement on the cromwell's but it doesn't need it. If you hit the sides of bigger tanks you can often penetrate easily and the DPM from the rate of fire is excellent. I would often get 2000 damage games in my Comet. If you can get sixth sense it would make this tank a lot better though because it's hull is weak and although the second turret face may bounce some tier seven shells, heavier tanks will have no problem penetrating you.
In fact, if I had a Comet with sixth sense I'd probably play it in platoons as a tier 7. The Comet is also an excelent wolfpack tank in platoons.

I performed better in this tank than both the Tiger and Porsche Tiger, by a considerable margin (52% WR for the Comet, 39% in the Tiger and 44% Tiger P, with over a hundred more average damage per game).

Centurion I/III:
This is a very good tier 8 tank. Fairly mobile, it'll reach it's top speed fast and traverse is good. The hull is made of paper and it has an ammorack very vulnerable to damage from pretty much anywhere (although I don't think it can actually EXPLODE, modelling the fire containment system from the real vehicles' racks. Although that's a rarity in most other tanks anyway). The turret is OK aith fairly good armour which when sniping a long way away can offer some measure of protection, but at tier eight there are guns which will go through it like butter.
Your best defence in this tank is to not get shot. Get hull down where you can and learn to avoid fire (the Comet is great for learning this). The Centurion's view range is great, allowing you to shoot spotted enemies from a really long way away.

The gun. Is Awesome. Really high penetration, almost insanely accurate and has a really good DPM. You can penetrate the pike nose of an IS-3 easily with this tank, to the point I've stopped even aiming at their lower plate now. Most other tier eights it can penetrate weakspots reliably and often, even the cupola of the Super Pershing from several hundred metres. Tier nine and above it struggles with the heavier armour on heavies but you'll go through mediums easily and flanking shots on tier nine heavies will go through more often than not.

You'll lose money with this tank, but you'll probably lose money with any tier eight overall, or make a very slim profit if you're good at it. It's how the game is designed to work. The Centurion is on a par with others after it's 25% income bonus to offset the expensive ammunition (and it is very expensive for the damage it does).

Compared to the King Tiger (which I haven't played in a while), its a very different beast, with a high dpm, high penetration cannon but no armour, wheras the king tiger angled can be a tough nut to crack and the best gun has high penetration, decent alpha but takes a while to reload and aim. The Centurion is also far more mobile and has much better gun depression. However, the Centurion has a terrible camo value and will be spotted from miles away, so make good use of cover and get sixth sense. Without it this tank will suck a fair proportion of the time.

Compared to the VK 45.02 Ausf. A, the Centurion is better in almost every single way. You'll no doubt know how much I despise this tank from reading this forum, but the Centurion has a turret with armour on a par if not more bouncy than the VK, is more mobile and has a far superior gun (the best gun on the VK, the short 10.5 has less penetration and accuracy than the long 88, does less than twice as much damage but costs five times as much per shell). the only thing the VK has is heavier armour, but even this is pretty laughable at tier 8. You can reliably bounce tier seven tanks with it (which is the one thing this tank can do which the Centurion can't), but tier eight and above, forget it. Which is why I prefer the Centurion- if you're going to be penetrated anyway with either tank I'd take the one which doesn't catch fire from the front, is more mobile and has a better gun. I lose less money on a loss on the VK though because ammo isn't as expensive, but on the flip side you'll be lucky to do 800-1000 damage on a decent victory.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:TOG platoon ? This is gonna be... something.

TOG platoons are often awesome. Just today I was in a three man platoon defending the cap in encounter from multiple tier seven tanks and won. The DPM they can throw out is unbelievable.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:40 pm

So what you're saying is that you were playing...

*puts on sunglasses*

TOG of War ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:05 pm

RoboRed wrote:BTW, I bought the TOG.

We shall, my friend. Perhaps tomorrow.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 am

RoboRed wrote:BTW, I bought the TOG.

oh noooooooooooo

Also I'm back in dc tomorrow
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Cool. Was wondering when you'd be heading back.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next