Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Tacoman587
Silverink
Dambrony
Ditzy_Do0
Nightshade
Katarn
WovenTales
Plasticube
Snipehamster
Mr. Snrub
Technowolf
Downloaded Skill
Quotidian
Regolit
Bootleg
RoboRed
Vergil
Mister Nikel
CD
Luminous Lead
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Exodus Hero
tylertoon2
Train Dodger
Moodyman90
FoolNeim
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
thatguyvex
Meleagridis
Valikdu
Caoimhe
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
SilentCarto
Cptadder
O. Hinds
cb5
Derpmind
Stack Trace
Kippershy
Icy Shake
Harmony Ltd.
49 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:22 am

what do you call what the goddess is doing?
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:31 am

@Somber
Uh... perpetuating a self-induced narcissistic personality disorder? =P But for srs, I forget, did the pacification field straight up remove all aggressive thoughts or just make you unable to act on them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:33 am

IIRC, make you be more peaceful..so it's first one.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:09 am

Somber wrote:what do you call what the goddess is doing?

A narcissist with a god complex that due to how she functions may be unchanging, but also due to her being unchanging that means she's highly illogical and incapable of changing or bettering herself or seeking to actually better the world cause of her inability to change or alter her ideas or beliefs.  I would argue that the "goddess" isn't alive in a metaphysical sense due to being stagnate amalgamation of other ponies into a form that can't be altered with new information taken in or grow or change as a individual on the premise that she believes she is a god and therefore believes she is always right.

Basically she's like Dawn added in a god complex with nuts.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:27 am

swicked wrote:Blackjack: So, no shooting?
Dr. Dala: Oh, yes.
Blackjack: And no stabbing, either?
Dr. Dala: Oh, yes... definitely.
Blackjack: Well, given I'm only good for three things, and thinking my way out of something like this certainly isn't one of them, I suppose I just have one option left...
Dr. Dala: Oh... oh myyyyy......

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 5da
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:02 am

Quotidian wrote:I've got to wonder why teleportation hasn't been weaponized yet. Steel ranger tearing you up? Just teleport a their head six inches to the left and boom, problem solved.
Quite likely for the reasons Featherdust suggested. If the teleport spell creates a portal of some sort, it might be fairly hard to "slam the door" on someone's neck without their innate magic resisting the effect and "pulling them out" of the teleport. And that's assuming you don't have to override the spell's innate safety measures, too.

In any case, barring a special talent in teleportation, it's probably more energy-efficient to hit them with a fireball, lightning bolt, or magic arrow instead. Teleportation is apparently a relatively complex and costly spell, based on its rarity in the show, and Twilight's first response in the Changeling burly brawl was to pull out a blaster spell that was explicitly designed as a weapon.
swicked wrote:Blackjack: So, no shooting?
Dr. Dala: Oh, yes.
Blackjack: And no stabbing, either?
Dr. Dala: Oh, yes... definitely.
Blackjack: Well, given I'm only good for three things, and thinking my way out of something like this certainly isn't one of them, I suppose I just have one option left...
Dr. Dala: Oh... oh myyyyy......
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Mlfw8251-28421
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:11 am

So Blackjack's a three trick pony? Luna
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:18 am

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 George-Takei-oh-my
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 am

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 29556%20-%20door%20go_on%20rainbow_dash%20thread
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Somber wrote:what do you call what the goddess is doing?
Nothing, cause she won't let you.

What's her favourite snack?
Alicorn-on-the-cob.

How many Goddesses does it take to change the lightbulb?
Five. Two to do nothing, one to try and help, one to yell at everyone else that she doesn't need help, and one to change the lightbulb.

She dips folk in vats with IMP-Unity.

Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Puny goddess
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:26 pm

I think I've used this one before, but what do you call Fleur-de-Lis as an Alicorn? French Dip.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Haha, very good.Fluer
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:18 pm

They tried it on Dr. Glue. Made the dip stick.

Unity priest said he never strayed from the path. I asked which one, the telepath or the psychopath?

I had dinner at Meatlocker the other night. I told the waiter it tasted funny. He said, "No wonder- that was a clown." ...I ate a person!

Ponies say it's hard to survive in the wasteland. How hard can it be? The water glows in the dark!

I know this guy in Flank, his motto is 'Love thy neighbor.' He lives next to Stable 69.

That Security and enclave kid sure make a fastidious couple. One's fast, one's hideous!

Thanks, folks! I'll be here all week, or until Big Daddy hears that crack I made last show! Goodnight!
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 am

swicked wrote:Kay, so... "finished" old world blues for fallout new vegas (gonna go back and be more completionist for a better ending), anyone else worried Cognitum will go the way of Mobius when we finally meet her?
...Huh. I hadn't even thought of that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:20 am

"I did this only to keep %enternamehere% and Dawn at bay, so they won't destroy everyone."

Yeah, right..though is that's what's gonna happen, I'll look forward to how it will be realized.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:13 am

Anybody else think cognitum is that crusader mainframe ripoff that Horse made?

200 years of a computer able to keep personalities on file with nobody maintaining it or making sure it doesn't get corrupted?

My money is on the mainframe has a ton of personalities stored in it and they've probably gone more nutty than a cashew, also the dawn we know is a mental copy in a robot body that thinks she's the original.

I'm thinking along the lines of how glados is a mental copy of caroline, but the personalities cores that constantly talk to her and drive her insane are actual personality copies instead.  Also that applebot and sweetie bot probably form the core personalities, it's just that having actual pony's minds scream at you for two centuries probably does not do so well for one's sanity.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:03 am

swicked wrote:Kay, so... "finished" old world blues for fallout new vegas (gonna go back and be more completionist for a better ending), anyone else worried Cognitum will go the way of Mobius when we finally meet her?
Considering what she did to Dawn, I can't see how that could be the case. Even if she's faking the whole "GIMME GIMME GIMME" thing (and it would take a lot of convincing to make me think she is,) she's still evil amoral to the core. That's kinda why I suspect she's an imperfect copy of Luna, minus the soul.

swicked wrote:Dawn could, conceivably, actually see something in Cognitum that the new "goddess" is either covering up, for some reason, or is otherwise being prevented from acting upon. Some actual underlying benevolence wrapped in a combination of madness and logic.
I'm still not convinced that Dawn's village wasn't composed of star-worshippers that were exterminated for good reason. So I'm not about to go to bat for Dawn's moral compass in any case.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:23 am; edited 4 times in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:13 am

swicked wrote:Cogitum IS giving out free food and equipment to her followers and that seems to go far beyond simply arming them and throwing them at Blackjack.
That's all part of the cold equations. You need healthy, well-equipped soldiers to take down Blackjack and get EC-1101 from her.

As far as any further care goes, I would imagine she's either programmed to protect Equestria, or she has some measure of Luna's care for her subjects without morality to hold her back from subverting what it means to be human pony. We saw Cog's world in BJ's vision after she blew up the HMS Celestia -- a world pacified by the Eater of Souls' influence, and those who wouldn't submit were subverted instead.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:16 am

cb5 wrote:Anybody else think cognitum is that crusader mainframe ripoff that Horse made?

200 years of a computer able to keep personalities on file with nobody maintaining it or making sure it doesn't get corrupted?
Oh, no doubt at all.

I think the erase button he had really did erase the copies from the maneframe, even if it might have dumped the data somewhere else in the process. But then he got the helmet on Luna, if only partially and only for a moment, and even that was enough to blow some fuses. In other words, he never erased that one. I'm positive that Cog is some portion of Luna, but how much or how corrupted, I can't say.

Edit: 800th post WOOOOOO!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:05 am

That is the exact place where I got tired of New Vegas. I still had most of the north half of big MT unexplored, and I realized that I didn't want to walk around there further or leave big MT without getting 100%. GG right then and there. *Nostalgic tear*

We all know that the Core's obvious inspiration is going to be big MT, but besides the fact that it's going to be the best DLC, we still don't know what Somber's really planning for it. So, who's up for crazy speculation? My unlikely prediction (and terrible idea) is that the group won't find a way to get even BJ inside that much enervation, so they find a combat robot that they rig up remote-control for, and while BJ is piloting it the others do some occasionally helpful backseat driving.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 am

Derpmind wrote:My unlikely prediction (and terrible idea) is that the group won't find a way to get even BJ inside that much enervation, so they find a combat robot that they rig up remote-control for, and while BJ is piloting it the others do some occasionally helpful backseat driving.
I say, we still need a giant robots fight. Crazy 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Considering what she did to Dawn, I can't see how that could be the case. Even if she's faking the whole "GIMME GIMME GIMME" thing (and it would take a lot of convincing to make me think she is,) she's still evil amoral to the core. That's kinda why I suspect she's an imperfect copy of Luna, minus the soul.

Well, bear in mind that while Mobius was... hold on...

Old World Blues spoilers:

But Cognitum, unlike Mobius, was never alive. She's been full machine her whole 'life.' She doesn't know what parts Dawn needs to stay sane and not feel like a soulless robot. So it might be possible that Cognitum never 'assumed direct control.' It could simply be Dawn, unable to resist the dehumanizing (dewhateverizing) effects of being a full metal monster.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:05 pm

Derpmind wrote:That is the exact place where I got tired of New Vegas. I still had most of the north half of big MT unexplored, and I realized that I didn't want to walk around there further or leave big MT without getting 100%. GG right then and there. *Nostalgic tear*
 I know exactly what you mean. After a couple of runs with different characters, Big MT just feels like you're going through the motions. I also never felt it had enough fluff to explain how this place could help humanity and what a good Courier could do with it to improve the wasteland. Nothing in that place has any useful application unless you're a sociopathic killer like the Think Tank. Well, okay, the water sink would be kinda useful, I guess.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:38 pm

CD wrote:
I also never felt it had enough fluff to explain how this place could help humanity and what a good Courier could do with it to improve the wasteland. Nothing in that place has any useful application unless you're a sociopathic killer like the Think Tank. Well, okay, the water sink would be kinda useful, I guess.
Without Project Nevada, it's the only place to get implants. The plant monsters come from experiments geared towards growing life-sustaining food. Hazmat suits, life-lengthening medical procedures, nightvision goggles, unparalleled recycling programs...

The problem isn't what the Think Tank was doing. It's the Think Tank, and their need to explore every possible facet and outcome of the experiments, good or bad. They do everything just to see what will happen, it's all they did in life and now it's all they have left to do.

I'd be a little surprised if BJ walked into the Core and didn't find anyone that parallels the Think Tank's somber situation.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Without all the jokes, OWB is kinda bad. All the characters are far past the moral event horizon, but they were made that way specifically to tell a truckload of evil science jokes. I can forgive the writers because they were actually funny. Though 'your brain' was a horribly wasted opportunity that they totally botched. Know-it-all annoying moron isn't a character, it's one of the deadest 'jokes' ever.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:43 pm

swicked wrote:Mel:
old world blues spoiler:

OWB:
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Somehow I get the feeling that if Blackjack did get inserted into Old World Blues she wouldn't even blink at losing her brain. Might even decide the Think Tank did her a favor, scooping it out. Of course I imagine any reconciliation with her brain would somehow involve whiskey and sex. Or shooting. Or explosions. Actually probably all of the above, in no particular order.
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:57 pm

The brushing's been going well so far, but we'll probably be finishing tomorrow rather than today.  Interestingly, tomorrow also happens to be my two-year anniversary of working on PH; my first post was [Hm, the tag doesn't seem to work for this address; I'll paste it below.], back on 2011-07-12.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/fallout-equestria-side-stories.html?showComment=1310525892760#c3377515659959704351
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:59 pm

yay!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next