Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+56
Give_me_muny
InLucidReverie
Train Dodger
Luminous Lead
Silver136
DaWarWolf
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Kippershy
Tytan
Captain Stramash
Adalbertus
TheWanderingZebra
Harmony Ltd.
Rayndalf
Ketchup
thatguyvex
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
FoolNeim
LordsServant
CD
Aonee
Downloaded Skill
Technowolf
chinman
StoneSlinger88
Vergil
Mazoku
CamoBadger
Mr. Snrub
ISuckAtNaming
Mister Nikel
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
Valikdu
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Penby
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Somber
Frost
ARoundCorner
Derpmind
Caoimhe
TalixZero
Moodyman90
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
FeatherDust
cb5
Scienza
60 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:13 am

Silver136 wrote:@Last: What I'm trying to say is that in stable 99, Blackjacks family has been breeding with the males for 200 years. This should result in at least one colt, who would also carry a relation to Twilight into children he has. I was also trying to point out that by breeding outside of the Sparkle family, BJ must be related, but just not a pure blood Twilight descendant.

I'm sorry, Silver but I'm just not getting what you're saying. Mind explaining to me why you brought up a colt? I haven't slept yet So I'm not my sharpest.

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Adalbertus Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:16 am

Last wrote:I'm sorry, Silver but I'm just not getting what you're saying. Mind explaining to me why you brought up a colt? I haven't slept yet So I'm not my sharpest.

He said that there might have been a colt somewhere in BJ's lineage, and that colt would then be used to reproduce and spread the holy genes of Twilight Sparkle all over stable 99.
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.adalbertus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:21 am

Adalbertus wrote:
Last wrote:I'm sorry, Silver but I'm just not getting what you're saying. Mind explaining to me why you brought up a colt? I haven't slept yet So I'm not my sharpest.

He said that there might have been a colt somewhere in BJ's lineage, and that colt would then be used to reproduce and spread the holy genes of Twilight Sparkle all over stable 99.
Exactly. Thanks Adalbertus.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 am

Adalbertus wrote:

Ohhh ok. Umm maybe? I mean he'd have to be chosen to actually breed (As in the one time the mares are actually allowed to have a foal.) With quite a few mares. Which I doubt. Because well that hurts genetic diversity. Suddenly all the foals are related. And he'd have to be born after the queue was put in. Before that I think the stable ran just like equestria relationship (and sex.) wise. Remember the queue wasn't always there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:25 am

Last wrote:
Adalbertus wrote:

Ohhh ok. Umm maybe? I mean he'd have to be chosen to actually breed (As the one time the mares are actually allowed to have a foal.) With quite a few mares. Which I doubt. Because well that hurts genetic diversity. Suddenly all the foals are related. And he'd have to be born after the queue was put in. Before that I think the stable ran just like equestria relationship (and sex.) wise. Remember the queue wasn't always there.
Actually I had a huge reply written that said just that and explained what I was talking about. But, then Adalbertus typed up what I meant in WAY fewer words so...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:27 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Alright well... I'm not even close to done...  Made okay progress last night, and then pretty much none today.

I reached that scene though, and I'm crying too much to continue, even if it wasn't past when I should be asleep.  I think I'll just post what I have so far though, so you guys don't have to wait forever until the whole thing is done.

*hugs Somber and Hinds each a little*

Chapter 62b Commentary part 1:
"safety regulation"
Safety regulations? Since when did wartime Equestrian architecture care about silly things like those? :D

"I really do feel sorry for the three cyberponies Chicanery takes out (for all of his... former... soldiers really). They lost so much just because they thought they were protecting their home. I wonder what would have happened if they'd lived... Could they all have been helped, or even any of them?"
Well, I don't actually know if all of them are dead. The POWs from below were evacuated with the civilians, after all, and I don't know what the range of whatever transmission Snapped Strings used was. We'll see what's revealed.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Adalbertus wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:The system was intended to accept a genetic sample and produce a clone of that person -- which is exactly what they did with Scotch. Blanks happen when you cycle the mechanisms while the key Project Chimera parts are locked out by Luna's order. It's not an intended mode of operation.
As an engineer I could tell you that if machine does something, it was designed to do it. I don't think blanks were a complete surprise to ponies working there once project Chimera was locked. also, there HAS to be a hard-coded template so that whatever comes out of the tree is a pony and not a pile of goo.
Then again, I'm applying real world logic to it, so you might be right and blanks could be a completely unpredictable side effect.

I don't think they actually used blanks for organ transplants at all. They made taint-created clones of ponies for organs, usually one created with the blood of the patient. And remember that the clones behaved exactly like the blanks. Blanks are somewhere around being the basic genetic template for ponies, so that a blood sample 'fills in the blanks' with the specific genetic stuff that makes that pony unique. No wishy-washy 'because magic' needed. And remember, we don't really know what's made Boo different, so that makes her even less likely to be compatible with whatever procedures allow magical ponies to do magical surrogacy.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Welp, I'm finally rereading all of ph from the beginning. Thanks, vacation/holidays/unemployment!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Have you started reading that once story I recommended to you yet? Of Skies Long Forgotten?

And to keep this on topic...

I don't think the starmetal sword is gone for good. She seems to be heading downwards anyways, and it's likely that she'll run into it again. I predict either embedded in some sort of debris or, in a complete twist, in Dawn's possession.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:18 pm

O. Hinds wrote:"safety regulation"
Safety regulations?  Since when did wartime Equestrian architecture care about silly things like those?  :D

"I really do feel sorry for the three cyberponies Chicanery takes out (for all of his... former... soldiers really).  They lost so much just because they thought they were protecting their home.  I wonder what would have happened if they'd lived...  Could they all have been helped, or even any of them?"
Well, I don't actually know if all of them are dead.  The POWs from below were evacuated with the civilians, after all, and I don't know what the range of whatever transmission Snapped Strings used was.  We'll see what's revealed.
Heh, very true, if they did there wouldn't be all those incredibly hazardous action-scene catwalks in all the factory buildings either.

Also true. They did have about an hour to get a head start, and we don't know what the range on the transmission was. I would assume he would have made sure it could reach a considerable distance, but it is certainly possible the POWs might have escaped it, especially if their coms were being jammed at the time. Whether or not it's a good thing if they did survive, we'll have to wait and see that as well...

I just realized I posted that part of the commentary without spell-checking it... Oops.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:49 pm

@Robored (Where'd the sword go?)
I can see it now: Blackjack goes down into the core to fight the big baddy... only to see the starmetal sword already sticking out of it. "Oh, well, right then. I guess we can go home." And they did. The end!

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Or maybe it lands somewhere and starts a corrupting chain reaction and shit starts getting fucked by the time she approaches it.

That's also very video gamey.

"How do we kill God?"
"Hit him with a sword, a lot, but monologue first"
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:40 pm

CamoBadger wrote:2) The epilogue also points out explicitly that Gardens only removed Taint and Radiation from the land and water, but didn't remove it from the ponies afflicted by it already, leaving them to seek further treatment to try getting it cured.
I'm fairly sure it would remove active taint from ponies, too -- it was, after all, based on the same taint-removal spell Lifebloom used on Littlepip. The trouble is that the damage taint causes is ongoing, so Gardens won't make affected ponies any better -- it just won't get any worse.

Adalbertus wrote:actually that's SPP, not Gardens of Equestria.
Got me there!

Luminous Lead wrote:If it makes as much sense to you as it does to me, then these hints should be all you need.
Hint #1:
Hint #2:
Hint #3:
If you're talking about alicorns, they may or may not be genetically compatible with Twilight. They might just be physically modified without tweaking their genes.

Silver136 wrote:My other guess is the Twilight Society because I'm pretty sure many of them were related to Twilight I'm some way...
If they were, they wouldn't have needed BJ to be Twi's so badly.

Last wrote:Thing is Grace is DISTANTLY related to Twilight. BJ's a direct descendant (I think she's like a greatx8 (How many names were on BJ's gun excluding her adopted grandmother and Go fish?) grandaughter.)
BJ is Twilight's 9-times-great granddaughter.

Adalbertus wrote:And, like I already said, taking the other route would work too - Big Mac was the father, there's an entire stable full of Apple family-related ponies.
True enough! Though a ninth cousin might be rather distant for these purposes. A closer relative -- someone from Stable 99 -- would be far better.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:29 am

Or, and this is a really unlikely possibility, but it's not like we weren't surprised before, BJ will actually do it all by herself. I mean, basically the main problem is her armor, that doesn't really stretch, but it's not like we couldn't have it removed in a month or two, before stretching is needed. In less then a week Littlepip enters the SPP (unless something isn't changed, which I doubt) and I suspect Hoofington would be dealt with earlier. After that it's either a huge slightly radioactive lake, because BJ found a big red button, or a scavenger's heaven. in either way, if BJ and her foal survives, she could go to Tenpony Tower or find some other safe place (Junction R-7?), take off the parts of her armor plates and just let the nature do it's thing.
Sure, it'd be boring and BJ hates to be bored, but...well... baby.
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:01 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:-Best part was the "alicornication," which I encapsulate in quotes because she's clearly not an actual alicorn, y'all. Frankly, I'm actually kind of surprised the procedure worked at all, would have had to be very cobbled-together since I'm pretty sure the biology of an alicorn is pretty different from that of a unicorn...
Well, FoE had Gizmo, an earth pony with cyber-wings, thanks to Stable 101 tech. So that's apparently not a particularly difficult obstacle to overcome.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:-I'm an idiot, what was on the paper.
"I have a megaspell".
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:03 am

Adalbertus wrote:Or, and this is a really unlikely possibility, but it's not like we weren't surprised before, BJ will actually do it all by herself. I mean, basically the main problem is her armor, that doesn't really stretch, but it's not like we couldn't have it removed in a month or two, before stretching is needed. In less then a week Littlepip enters the SPP (unless something isn't changed, which I doubt) and I suspect Hoofington would be dealt with earlier. After that it's either a huge slightly radioactive lake, because BJ found a big red button, or a scavenger's heaven. in either way, if BJ and her foal survives, she could go to Tenpony Tower or find some other safe place (Junction R-7?), take off the parts of her armor plates and just let the nature do it's thing.
Sure, it'd be boring and BJ hates to be bored, but...well... baby.
Pretty sure cybernetics don't work like that. The whole problem is that the armor is part of her structure, not just bolted on. I still think she's going to get a fresh, cloned body at the end, and they can move the baby into that.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:10 am

Well, your guess is as good as mine as to the structural integrity of those new cybernetics... maybe parts of that can be removed, maybe all those changes can be undone and she could have what's left of her body with as little implants as possible just to keep her alive and mobile... or it might be too complicated to do in her state, who knows...
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:01 am

@SilentCarto
What I meant about the cobbled-together bit was that, since the procedure had been designed to work on Princess Luna and/or Celestia, it would probably have taken into account size, nerve endings, and other biological stuff that BJ lacks. An earth pony getting cyberwings that were designed for an earth pony is easier than a unicorn getting cyber wings designed for an alicorn, I'd think. That said, well, we know it WAS a cobbled-together procedure, anyway - just commenting that it must have been quite the cobbled-together procedure, indeed. Also, thanks for cluing me into the paper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:36 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@SilentCarto
What I meant about the cobbled-together bit was that, since the procedure had been designed to work on Princess Luna and/or Celestia, it would probably have taken into account size, nerve endings, and other biological stuff that BJ lacks. An earth pony getting cyberwings that were designed for an earth pony is easier than a unicorn getting cyber wings designed for an alicorn, I'd think. That said, well, we know it WAS a cobbled-together procedure, anyway - just commenting that it must have been quite the cobbled-together procedure, indeed. Also, thanks for cluing me into the paper.
I believe the alicorn cybernetics were designed to be used on the alicorns Twilight would eventually make, however your point still stands.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:13 am

@Silver
Derp, you're right, for the alicorns from Twilight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Silver136 wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@SilentCarto
I believe the alicorn cybernetics were designed to be used on the alicorns Twilight would eventually make, however your point still stands.
While you are correct about the issue of her not having wings and the need to account for that, I'm still not sure it works entirely as a limiting factor, as the size and proportions of the newly-made alicorns was unknown at the time the cybernetics were designed, so there would need to be some flexibility in the design to allow for that (and presumably the alicorns mightn't be uniform in size and shape, either).
Also, the name does suggest that it was designed for Luna, not the post-Chimaera alicorn project. (That does, however, still leave the major modification needed to allow for Blackjack's lack of natural wings. But I think that that can be accounted for just due to the fact that Steelpony replaces bones, muscle, connective tissue, and—particularly for the Eclipse model—skin and fur, it's not too hard to see it working largely the same way, perhaps with a weaker connection to the torso if Blackjack's core bones weren't replaced and reduced flight performance due to the lack of pegasus magic.)

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=1130
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31