Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+56
Give_me_muny
InLucidReverie
Train Dodger
Luminous Lead
Silver136
DaWarWolf
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Kippershy
Tytan
Captain Stramash
Adalbertus
TheWanderingZebra
Harmony Ltd.
Rayndalf
Ketchup
thatguyvex
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
FoolNeim
LordsServant
CD
Aonee
Downloaded Skill
Technowolf
chinman
StoneSlinger88
Vergil
Mazoku
CamoBadger
Mr. Snrub
ISuckAtNaming
Mister Nikel
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
Valikdu
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Penby
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Somber
Frost
ARoundCorner
Derpmind
Caoimhe
TalixZero
Moodyman90
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
FeatherDust
cb5
Scienza
60 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Shujaa Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Oh I know ! Taint !!
Shujaa
Shujaa
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Adalbertus Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Well... we do know that Gardens of Equestria will be activated at some point in the future. this should take care of the radiation and taint at least.
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.adalbertus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:03 pm

In fairness, having BJ for a mom is both a positive and a negative.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Still a good chance that BJ dies around the end of the story, so Glory might end up being the mother.

Shujaa wrote:Oh I know ! Taint !!

I don't think BJ has been exposed to Taint in... I don't really remember, but quite a while I'd guess.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:09 pm

I'd guess some time around playing with Discord maybe?
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:10 pm

I have a question:  if Echo was in control of the upgrade process the whole time, why did he feel it necessary to rip off Blackjack's face and replace it with a slab of metal?  I mean, he does know how Blackjack feels about the whole "becoming more machine than mare" thing, right?
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:15 pm

There probably were certain elements of the design he could not change. I mean, just adding wings would be enough, there was no need to put her into a huge metal can with holes on both sides, so I guess his control over the process was limited or he simply couldn't change too much to keep the whole thing working. he's not a cyberpony engineer trained in the field, to design in-depth changes into those systems on the fly.
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:10 pm

I haven't quite finished the new chapter yet, but I ran across an editing issue. Somebody might've pointed it out already but it's not fixed in the main doc, so...
Spoiler:
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:43 pm

FeatherDust wrote:I haven't quite finished the new chapter yet, but I ran across an editing issue.  Somebody might've pointed it out already but it's not fixed in the main doc, so...
Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Could be he only had limited control of the actual process other than activate it and guide it to the Eclipse program. Unable to alter the process. And he probably used up whatever bit of energy he had and couldn't reappear afterwards.

But what do I know, just thinking out loud.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Lets discuss all the potential problems Blackjack's kid would have:

- Severe radiation poisoning
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Having Blackjack for a mom
- etc
Nutritional issues during pregnancy. It's always a difficult balance to provide a fetus with the proper nutrients to develop (for example, the bones of pregnant women can get metabolized in order to provide calcium for the fetus). Since all Blackjack seems to eat is scrap metal, gems, cram (which ponies aren't really supposed to eat), old cereal, and whiskey, that foal's gonna get some really weird nutrition. And that's before the cravings start to happen and cause Blackjack to eat Scotch Tape.

Also, enervation can make foals stillborn. That's pretty relevant since she did just get exposed to an enervation field the likes of which Hoofington has never seen.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Adalbertus wrote:I actually forgot about the dream (and to be honest I don't remember where in the progress of the story it was <_<), so it just might be the option, although at her current age I don't think it'd be safe for Scotch to carry a baby even if she's genetically closest to it.
Chapter 33: Black.

Adalbertus wrote:Someone designed the system, so someone had to design the "clean" state of production and since blanks were mass-produced as organ donors (or at least that's how I understand it)
The system was intended to accept a genetic sample and produce a clone of that person -- which is exactly what they did with Scotch. Blanks happen when you cycle the mechanisms while the key Project Chimera parts are locked out by Luna's order. It's not an intended mode of operation.

Adalbertus wrote:Well... we do know that Gardens of Equestria will be activated at some point in the future. this should take care of the radiation and taint at least.
Near future. No more than 6 days, since we had film from the Battle of Friendship City.

Derpmind wrote:I don't think BJ has been exposed to Taint in... I don't really remember, but quite a while I'd guess.
Not since she fired Folly on the HMS Celestia, though her cyberlegs tiptoed through some puddles in Hippocratic, so she might have picked up some minute incidental exposure.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:02 am

Adalbertus wrote:Well... we do know that Gardens of Equestria will be activated at some point in the future. this should take care of the radiation and taint at least.
There's only 2 problems with this.
1) The original fic never actually had the Gardens go off. It was mentioned in the epilogue, but when Pip goes into the SPP, they still hadn't found all of the element bearers yet if I remember correctly, so there's no way to know how long after that they actually activated it.
2) The epilogue also points out explicitly that Gardens only removed Taint and Radiation from the land and water, but didn't remove it from the ponies afflicted by it already, leaving them to seek further treatment to try getting it cured.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:11 am

So, after a couple of pages of debate for who can find the squickiest surrogate for Blackjack's kid (barely adolescent mare, mentally deficient mare, genetically incompatible mare, or suicidal mare). I'm surprised to notice that no one's mentioned the "most likely" candidates.

If it makes as much sense to you as it does to me, then these hints should be all you need.
Hint #1:
Hint #2:
Hint #3:

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:33 am

SilentCarto wrote:The system was intended to accept a genetic sample and produce a clone of that person -- which is exactly what they did with Scotch. Blanks happen when you cycle the mechanisms while the key Project Chimera parts are locked out by Luna's order. It's not an intended mode of operation.
As an engineer I could tell you that if machine does something, it was designed to do it. I don't think blanks were a complete surprise to ponies working there once project Chimera was locked. also, there HAS to be a hard-coded template so that whatever comes out of the tree is a pony and not a pile of goo.
Then again, I'm applying real world logic to it, so you might be right and blanks could be a completely unpredictable side effect.
SilentCarto wrote:Near future. No more than 6 days, since we had film from the Battle of Friendship City.
actually that's SPP, not Gardens of Equestria.
CamoBadger wrote:1) The original fic never actually had the Gardens go off. It was mentioned in the epilogue, but when Pip goes into the SPP, they still hadn't found all of the element bearers yet if I remember correctly, so there's no way to know how long after that they actually activated it.
Yes, it could be weeks or years later, I know, but almost all bearers are gathered, except for magic and generosity. I'm pretty sure that between original FoE and PH we could find two ponies matching those virtues.
SilentCarto wrote:2) The epilogue also points out explicitly that Gardens only removed Taint and Radiation from the land and water, but didn't remove it from the ponies afflicted by it already, leaving them to seek further treatment to try getting it cured.
Yeah, but unless BJ (or the surrogate mother) doesn't get exposed until the Gardens are activated and the gardens are activated before the foal is born, Equestria would be clean of all taint... or most of it.

Luminous Lead wrote:And at least a quarter of them are DIRECTLY related to Twilight Sparkle.
ok, I have no idea <_<
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:09 am

@Luminous Lead
Hmm... That's definitely a thought.

@Shujaa
You are new here, I think! Welcome!

@Me
I'm slow! Well, okay, not really - I had finals to do. So, once again, I end up reading a chapter of PH on the plane. Finished it now, overall thoughts:
Thoughts:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:27 am

Alright well... I'm not even close to done...  Made okay progress last night, and then pretty much none today.

I reached that scene though, and I'm crying too much to continue, even if it wasn't past when I should be asleep.  I think I'll just post what I have so far though, so you guys don't have to wait forever until the whole thing is done.

*hugs Somber and Hinds each a little*

Chapter 62b Commentary part 1:

Last edited by WavemasterRyx on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Running through spell-check now that I'm awake, and not crying.)
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:21 am

Luminous Lead wrote:And at least a quarter of them are DIRECTLY related to Twilight Sparkle.

Wat.

I'm pretty sure that's not how the Alicorns work...

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:24 am

ooooh, alicorns...
The idea was so abstract it didn't occur to me
No, I don't think alicorns are a viable option here.
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:02 am

Last wrote:

Wat.

I think he may have actually been talking about the Society. We know Grace is related to Twilight, and I believe it was mentioned that a few others were also related to her as well...but it's just as likely that I'm an idiot and it never says that anywhere...

My other guess is the Twilight Society because I'm pretty sure many of them were related to Twilight I'm some way...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:16 am

Silver136 wrote:
Last wrote:

Wat.

I think he may have actually been talking about the Society. We know Grace is related to Twilight, and I believe it was mentioned that a few others were also related to her as well...but it's just as likely that I'm an idiot and it never says that anywhere...

My other guess is the Twilight Society because I'm pretty sure many of them were related to Twilight I'm some way...

Thing is Grace is DISTANTLY related to Twilight. BJ's a direct descendant (I think she's like a greatx8 (How many names were on BJ's gun excluding her adopted grandmother and Go fish?) grandaughter.) That's why the door opened for her, but Grace is related in the same way from what I remember Applesnack was related to AJ. (Weren't they like fifth cousins or something? Or did I make the Apple is in the name so it's part of that apple family assumption?) In other words not in any real way. So Grace and the rest of the society are probably as viable as anyother random wastlander.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:27 am

Last wrote:
Silver136 wrote:
Last wrote:

Wat.

Thing is Grace is DISTANTLY related to Twilight. BJ's a direct descendant (I think she's like a greatx8 (How many names were on BJ's gun excluding her adopted grandmother and Go fish?) grandaughter.) That's why the door opened for her, but Grace is related in the same way from what I remember Applesnack was related to AJ. (Weren't they like fifth cousins or something? Or did I make the Apple is in the name so it's part of that apple family assumption?) In other words not in any real way. So Grace and the rest of the society are probably as viable as anyother random wastlander.
Well...you did make the apple assumption, yes. Applesnack and AJ weren't related. Also, the only other group I could think of would be the Twilight Society, or maybe even the Stable 99 survivors. Maybe one of BJ's ancestors got around some, or maybe one had a colt...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:33 am

Last wrote:

Wat.

As far as I remember, Twilight, Trixie and the Gestalt twins were all smooshed together to form the base template for all the alicorns. When one joins unity, one is completely dissolved into the flesh mass and formed anew from the pre-existing Unity flesh. Taint was used in Project Chimera to make clones (I think), so it might have similar cloning effects in Twilight's goddess project. Given that Twilight is one of the "mothers" of Unity, it stands to reason that the alicorns would be more closely related to Twilight's kid than random wastelanders. Another thing to consider is that Alicorns are big (isn't Blackjack also on the large side?), so their wombs would probably be more accommodating to receiving a surrogate.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:39 am

Silver136 wrote:
Well...you did make the apple assumption, yes. Applesnack and AJ weren't related. Also, the only other group I could think of would be the Twilight Society, or maybe even the Stable 99 survivors. Maybe one of BJ's ancestors got around some, or maybe one had a colt...

Well, they probably are. But in a tiny insignificant way that doesn't matter you know how like Grace and BJ are related. They have one common ancestor two hundred years back.

You mean the ancestors that were sealed in stable 99? because if not you're still dealing with that insignificantly related problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:41 am

Luminous Lead wrote:
Last wrote:

Wat.

As far as I remember, Twilight, Trixie and the Gestalt twins were all smooshed together to form the base template for all the alicorns.  When one joins unity, one is completely dissolved into the flesh mass and formed anew from the pre-existing Unity flesh.  Taint was used in Project Chimera to make clones (I think), so it might have similar cloning effects in Twilight's goddess project.  Given that Twilight is one of the "mothers" of Unity, it stands to reason that the alicorns would be more closely related to Twilight's kid than random wastelanders.  Another thing to consider is that Alicorns are big (isn't Blackjack also on the large side?), so their wombs would probably be more accommodating to receiving a surrogate.
Well I would say yeah, but wasn't IMP a form of taint that had been modified? I would think it would be bad for a fetus to be raised in a radiation and taint eating alicorn. Not to mention finding one that would say, "Sure, implant me with your child!"

And I would think that the combo of so many ponies would dilute any major relation.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:49 am

Last wrote:
Silver136 wrote:

Well, they probably are. But in a tiny insignificant way that doesn't matter you know how like Grace and BJ are related. They have one common ancestor two hundred years back.

You mean the ancestors that were sealed in stable 99? because if not you're still dealing with that insignificantly related problem.
Yes, I was talking about the other security heads. They would have had children, chances are at least one had anxolt. And if a child of one of BJ's ancestors is insignificantly related, then Blackjack should be even more insignificantly related. After all, her family has been having kids with non-Sparkle males.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:53 am

Silver136 wrote:

Well...you did make the apple assumption, yes. Applesnack and AJ weren't related.=
Although... I think in PH canon, he actually is one of her cousins.

Which puts their entire relationship into a very, very uncomfortable light.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:56 am

As far as the Twilight Society goes... I don't think they actually are related to Twi, since then they would be able to use some of the Twilight-coded stuff. I think they are just related to high officials in the MAS who were at the hub at the time the bombs fell.

And, like I already said, taking the other route would work too - Big Mac was the father, there's an entire stable full of Apple family-related ponies.
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:59 am

Luminous Lead wrote:
Last wrote:

Wat.

As far as I remember, Twilight, Trixie and the Gestalt twins were all smooshed together to form the base template for all the alicorns.  When one joins unity, one is completely dissolved into the flesh mass and formed anew from the pre-existing Unity flesh.  Taint was used in Project Chimera to make clones (I think), so it might have similar cloning effects in Twilight's goddess project.  Given that Twilight is one of the "mothers" of Unity, it stands to reason that the alicorns would be more closely related to Twilight's kid than random wastelanders.  Another thing to consider is that Alicorns are big (isn't Blackjack also on the large side?), so their wombs would probably be more accommodating to receiving a surrogate.

Well one of the primary problems of suggesting the Alicorns is that they want Alicorn babies. I'm somehow doubting earth pony P-21 and unicorn BJ are gonna produce one of those. Even if it were possible why would they want their baby? They could adopt non alicorn children unless one of them is incredibly desperate to be pregnant.

The other is let's say they are 100% genetically Twilight. Good for them. Twilight is relative from two hundred years back I'm somehow doubting she'd be viable. We're looking for someone closely related to BJ not Twilight.

@Silver I have no idea how the doors work if that's what you're referring to. I think it somehow just tells if you're a direct descendent or something. I just don't know. I'm sure you got a relative from two hundred years back that has a bunch of grandkids (including you) that aren't related to you in any real way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:04 am

@Last: What I'm trying to say is that in stable 99, Blackjacks family has been breeding with the males for 200 years. This should result in at least one colt, who would also carry a relation to Twilight into children he has. I was also trying to point out that by breeding outside of the Sparkle family, BJ must be related, but just not a pure blood Twilight descendant.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next