Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfic Recs / What Are You Reading

+14
Luminous Lead
Vinylshadow
JadedPony
Loud_Taffy
jacky2734
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
brony all alone
Third Wind
Scienza
RoboRed
Kippershy
Formis_Fluttergod
Valikdu
18 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Fanfic Recs / What Are You Reading - Page 6 Empty Re: Fanfic Recs / What Are You Reading

Post by Icy Shake Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:22 am

Not really fanfic, maybe not even fiction at all, but "How to Lose Weight in 4 Easy Steps" was a hell of a story, basic but with excellent delivery. Won't take long either: it's under 1900 words.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Fanfic Recs / What Are You Reading - Page 6 Empty Re: Fanfic Recs / What Are You Reading

Post by RoboRed Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:43 pm

That....That was pretty damn good.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Ynanhluutr has completed, and the next book, Utann, has been posted.

Fanfic Recs / What Are You Reading - Page 6 Ygaj-1442739425-290208-full
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:16 pm

(Let me know if you need more information. I'm trying to be a spoiler-free as possible.)
A event that occurred in Equestria has Rainbow Dash heading off on a journey alone. All she is told about her target's destination is that it lies eastward on the other side of the world. Along the way, she meets new ponies, encounters foreign villages, cities and kingdoms, endures trials and tribulations, and learns more about the truth, secrets and history of the world they all live on, as well as its and her own destiny.

The story is an AU that splits off from Season 2.

Here is one person's testimonal/description of the made in a fairly recent post to someone else asking about the material:
not spoilery:
Here's another post:
slightly spoilery:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Yes it is. It so is.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Designing Intrigue updated.
Been a while since that one's had an update, eh Swicked?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:33 pm

Never read it, but wow. That's well after how long it'd have taken for me to consider it dead, especially with so few chapters published in the first place.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:26 am

I have just started reading "The Twilight Enigma" by iisaw

:3
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:29 am

Just read "What is Missing, What is Lost," which hit some nice crazy-Twi notes to go with tone and themeing that reminded me of parts of PH, in a pure drama between Twilight and Celestia.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:51 pm

The Victory at Ostagar series: http://www.redhen-publications.com/publications.html#

Five novels, based on Dragon Age: Origins. I think it's just Origins, although I'm only reading the second one right now. AU. The immediate threat from the Blight is dialed down (see the title), the political intrigue aspects are dialed way up. Loving it so far.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:17 am

The Season of Grace is a beautiful season-appropriate FlutterMac shipfic. Builds an internal sense of nostalgia in service of the story and the ship, great atmosphere all around. Nice bit of worldbuilding in terms of the traditions, as well.

The Jet-Powered Pegasus is a nice combination of thriller and character piece, with a strong enough Scootaloo perspective that despite upon further thought actually kind of agreeing with the antagonist's original position, at the time I was entirely in Scootaloo's corner. Also has a structure that just kept pulling me along.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:23 pm

Whaaaaat?! Why
Through the Eyes of Another Pony is coming back after over three years without an update?! And now it's going to be an FiM-Undertale-??? triple crossover?!
Wat.
Still excited to have something from the very early days back. But wat.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:46 pm

It's going to be veeeeeeeeeeery interesting.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:57 pm

Just finished "Second Person, Present Tense," a story about a sort-of amnesiac (still can kind of access the memories, but different consciousness and sense of self) dealing with her parents trying to therapy her back into who she was before the drug overdose that caused it. Tense and even a little frightening, it still kept a frame that vilified the people around her far less than might have been the case. It came up in the comments on a (semi-, I've been busy) recent Bad Horse blog. It's a bit longer than most of the things I've brought up here, but I thought it was worthwhile.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:31 pm

"The Universal" might be the best "immortality fic" I've read in a long time.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:27 pm

I've recently been working with a group translating a story from Russian to English as an English language editor. It's sci-fi, set in a (semi-? hard to say so far: it's completed, but since I don't read Russian, I only know what's been translated so far) dystopian future where artificial life forms can be made and programmed. Among them, ponies. Bits of mystery in there, it seems, too.
Prologue and first chapter are up here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/324970/the-broken-toy. I think it's got some promise, and could be worth a few minutes to check out. (Also, any suggestions relating to how the prose could be handled now or in the future would be welcome.)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:28 pm

I've brought more Eva.

Reticence

-It's well-written mechanically
-It's post-Rebuild 3.33
-It's *finished* (and large)
-The author isn't trying to slap the WILLE crew down with his OC while yelling "YOU SO WROOOONG AND BAD PERSN"
-Actually, there aren't any notable OC
-Actually, the author doesn't seem to be trying to push anything on you at all
-The characters are reacting to things and developing like actual people
-The world is expanded in an interesting fashion

So... Get in the (fucking) robot.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:10 pm

And more.

A Century Apart sets the Second Impact and the events of NGE a hundred years earlier. Shinji is an IJN cadet, Gendo's an admiral, other characters have their positions altered accordingly, Evangelions are dieselpunk mechs, Zeppelins are a thing.

Very well-written story.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue May 10, 2016 9:21 am

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7642230/1/Puella-Stellae-Madoka-Magica

The events of PMMM take place In The Grim Darkness Of The Far Future.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:01 am

Children of an Elder God

An AU of Evangelion, made by fusion with Lovecraftian mythos. Very well written.

The level of character trauma overtakes NGE and approaches Darkest Dungeon Horizons.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:49 pm

Altered Destinies

Follows the NGE series (one chapter for one episode), with a twist. It's a shipfic, but I sort of like it.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Chuck Finley has a novella out. It's a mystery/thriller set in a planet in a sci-fi world (apparently run by MrNumbers) that's just lost FTL communication and all its high-level AI, and is fun, fast-paced, and at times quite funny. Liking detective stories (so much time in high school years spent with Law and Order), I thought that side of things went pretty well, and the base sci-fi concept is one I really enjoyed (but I'm probably biased). Consider checking it out.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Gob Hobblin writes excellent Eva stories. Although, one stands out for me:

Someplace Vast And Dry (FF.net)

It's a 'fusion' AU, with elements from Deus Ex: HR and Ghost in the Shell.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6