Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+56
Give_me_muny
InLucidReverie
Train Dodger
Luminous Lead
Silver136
DaWarWolf
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Kippershy
Tytan
Captain Stramash
Adalbertus
TheWanderingZebra
Harmony Ltd.
Rayndalf
Ketchup
thatguyvex
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
FoolNeim
LordsServant
CD
Aonee
Downloaded Skill
Technowolf
chinman
StoneSlinger88
Vergil
Mazoku
CamoBadger
Mr. Snrub
ISuckAtNaming
Mister Nikel
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
Valikdu
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Penby
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Somber
Frost
ARoundCorner
Derpmind
Caoimhe
TalixZero
Moodyman90
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
FeatherDust
cb5
Scienza
60 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:34 am

Yes. The madness is starting to spread. Again.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:25 am

All that would do is reset us for a few days before we reach this point again.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:31 am

Somber wrote:These are indications that I need to get 61 out sooner rather than later...
The Council has been appeased.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by ARoundCorner Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:46 pm

And here I thought this was a forum open to all discussion related to PH.

lol
ARoundCorner
ARoundCorner
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Aroundcorner
Sex: Yes, PLEASE!
Species: Ponies or Humans, either one is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:56 am

Moodyman90 wrote:All that would do is reset us for a few days before we reach this point again.
kinda like in Majora's mask, you can set a calendar to our Shenanigans between chapters
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:22 pm

We usually keep the fan art in the fanart thread, but this deserves an exception.

WASTELANDER! (by penby):
Source
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Derpmind wrote:We usually keep the fan art in the fanart thread, but this deserves an exception.

WASTELANDER! (by penby):
Source
Genius.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Mouthless style is very boss.

As is Peetwon with a Rambo headband.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Mouthless style is very boss.

As is Peetwon with a Rambo headband.
Haven't seen you around here in a while, where have ya been?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Traveling around the country journalisming. Very hectic. :(
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Traveling around the country journalisming. Very hectic. :(
Ah, makes sense. Coved any big stories?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Some fluff crap before hand and then this whole gov shutdown thing, been a big mess. I'm a small part of the crew covering this for back home and there's been many sleepless nights. Part of the reason why it took so long for me to actually finish the last chapter, practically no free time. Aaaaaag.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Small correction for Ch. 10:
It’s a hell of a set.  A hell of a set.  Not good enough.  Thirteen zebra get taken.
I think we decided a while back that "zebras" was the plural we're using, right?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:33 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Small correction for Ch. 10:
It’s a hell of a set.  A hell of a set.  Not good enough.  Thirteen zebra get taken.
I think we decided a while back that "zebras" was the plural we're using, right?
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Somber wrote:These are indications that I need to get 61 out sooner rather than later...
I was originally thinking that I had no idea what you were talking about, but then remembered some of what's been going on the last few pages. Well, it seems to have calmed down here, at least.

Anyway, another week, another old chapter: twenty seven.

Is it just me, or is the present-day real-world of Project Horizons all just meant to give us the context we need for chapters like this, "Lucidity," and the final merge with the Goddess? Maybe not, but sometimes these just feel like the most important things to happen, perhaps because they are so profoundly personal.

So much of this chapter seems to have been about accepting limitations, and using that as an impetus to reveal what was really needed all along. I think that  Blackjack's increasing infirmity was handled very well during this chapter, and having her be the one that is holding together emotionally is a good change of pace that really let her character shine through. On that front, clearly the strongest part was seeing that she couldn't be the one to give Glory what she needed, and identifying Dusk as someone who could, and going to her and persuading her despite the loathing she feels towards her.

There were two relatively significant issues I had with this chapter, one major and one minor. The minor is that towards the end of the mindscape section, things got too introspective narration heavy, which was an unwelcome contrast to the vivid descriptions, dialog, and touching interactions that had preceded it. The major problem was having Blackjack not care about ponies being attacked, realize that it means she's different from what she was before, and go back in the span of literally seconds over a few paragraphs. I just feel like this either should have been allowed to develop, letting it get to the point that she actually lets something happen to ponies she doesn't know and doesn't need for anything (ideally in a context where her friends see it happen and could react to it over time) or just shouldn't have been in there at all, especially when the mirror scene is going to be there later in the same chapter (or at least that could have been tied a bit to the earlier scene with the zombies). I hope you understand what I mean, that it seems like it showed up almost out of nowhere, affected nothing, and then was gone, possibly never to be heard from again, though I could be wrong on that last part.

Also, the Gala was pretty great (though I'm glad the next one you do goes back to the pre-Pinkie version). I think you managed to subtly slip in some great hints at how the Ministry Mares were screwing things up even from very early on.

Chapter Twenty Seven Running Thoughts:
Chapter Twenty Seven Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 am

Icy Shake wrote:
I was originally thinking that I had no idea what you were talking about, but then remembered some of what's been going on the last few pages. Well, it seems to have calmed down here, at least.

Anyway, another week, another old chapter: twenty seven.

Is it just me, or is the present-day real-world of Project Horizons all just meant to give us the context we need for chapters like this, "Lucidity," and the final merge with the Goddess? Maybe not, but sometimes these just feel like the most important things to happen, perhaps because they are so profoundly personal.

So much of this chapter seems to have been about accepting limitations, and using that as an impetus to reveal what was really needed all along. I think that  Blackjack's increasing infirmity was handled very well during this chapter, and having her be the one that is holding together emotionally is a good change of pace that really let her character shine through. On that front, clearly the strongest part was seeing that she couldn't be the one to give Glory what she needed, and identifying Dusk as someone who could, and going to her and persuading her despite the loathing she feels towards her.

There were two relatively significant issues I had with this chapter, one major and one minor. The minor is that towards the end of the mindscape section, things got too introspective narration heavy, which was an unwelcome contrast to the vivid descriptions, dialog, and touching interactions that had preceded it. The major problem was having Blackjack not care about ponies being attacked, realize that it means she's different from what she was before, and go back in the span of literally seconds over a few paragraphs. I just feel like this either should have been allowed to develop, letting it get to the point that she actually lets something happen to ponies she doesn't know and doesn't need for anything (ideally in a context where her friends see it happen and could react to it over time) or just shouldn't have been in there at all, especially when the mirror scene is going to be there later in the same chapter (or at least that could have been tied a bit to the earlier scene with the zombies). I hope you understand what I mean, that it seems like it showed up almost out of nowhere, affected nothing, and then was gone, possibly never to be heard from again, though I could be wrong on that last part.

Also, the Gala was pretty great (though I'm glad the next one you do goes back to the pre-Pinkie version). I think you managed to subtly slip in some great hints at how the Ministry Mares were screwing things up even from very early on.

Chapter Twenty Seven Running Thoughts:
Chapter Twenty Seven Editing:
Ah, thank you very much as always.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:42 am

Icy Shake wrote:

That reminds me, I need to integrate the Darkverse dream into my multiverse headcanon. I completely forgot about twenty-seven.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:39 pm

I started playing Fallout 3 for the first time. It's great fun and I love seeing all of the inspirations for much of FE and PH.

I'm currently re-reading Project Horizons again and after reading Hoss' terminal diary, I've wondered was the black mare he mentioned hiding in the barn possible Psalm?
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:I'm currently re-reading Project Horizons again and after reading Hoss' terminal diary, I've wondered was the black mare he mentioned hiding in the barn possible Psalm?
If so, Somber's ability to plan everything out/fit everything together is truly amazing.

Last edited by stringtheory on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Somber's like JJ Abrams, only Somber's continuity connections aren't after the fact bullshit.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:I'm currently re-reading Project Horizons again and after reading Hoss' terminal diary, I've wondered was the black mare he mentioned hiding in the barn possible Psalm?
Oh, absolutely. Probably on her way from Black Pony Mountain to Maripony after learning that her whole mission was a lie.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Latest from Kkat - The Solaris Legacy orb (also, a comment on PH) : http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/214899/the-solaris-legacy-orb
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ARoundCorner Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Ah, so that's what Kkat approved means.

I always thought that Kkat approved meant that the authors personally asked if they could write a side fic and kkat said aok and that all other side fics were just something the authors did without asking Kkat.
ARoundCorner
ARoundCorner
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Aroundcorner
Sex: Yes, PLEASE!
Species: Ponies or Humans, either one is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Who is pooping their pants and running to Kkat over PH approval that that post need to be made. I mean, really?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Penby Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Well, for some reason, the same topic came up on the comments of that Wastelander pic I did. 
Looked like there was a bit of confusion of what it meant.
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:02 am

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Somber11
61!

Also, I am very pleased to announce that swicked has officially joined the team!

Last edited by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 am

I.. wait.. what? Tonight? Crap.

So much for me sleeping for a few hours.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:10 am

Looks like it's time to catch up on the Walking Dead, I've got most of S3 to get through, but it's on Netflix now and...

nvm =P

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:31 am

Well...didn't see that coming. I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:04 am

Ah there's nothing quite like
Chapter 61 spoilers:
Yay Murky shout out!

Still reading as of this post.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next