Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rulers of Equestria: political RP

5 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Rulers of Equestria: political RP - Page 9 Empty Re: Rulers of Equestria: political RP

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Battle:

D2 (20) and E3 (7) attack D3 (13)
(7+2+8)x(27/13)=35
[your defensive bonus : 60%]

E4 (28) attack D4 (14.66)
(8+10+8)x(28/14.66)=49
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Rulers of Equestria: political RP - Page 9 Empty Re: Rulers of Equestria: political RP

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:44 pm

[this conclude my turn, data on the map are up to date. I'm going to bed now. See you tomorrow.]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Battle:

D2 (20) and E3 (7) attack D3 (13)
(7+2+8)x(27/13)=35

E4 (28) attack D4 (14.66)
(8+10+8)x(28/14.66)=49
D3 retreats to C3.
D4 retreats back to C4.

We double the effort to fortify realizing this is our chance at a crushing blow against the Republic.  People are pulled in from everywhere working in shifts to help with the fortication
Total war is declared (Will end it before rebellion breaks out 3 more turns until then)
[I'm just going to list out our numbers so it's easier]
We move all forces A column areas one east.

We move 1 troop unit from b2 north(we rolled for rebellion last turn I believe)
We move all of C3 north to C2, we move all of B3 east to C3, we move all of C4 north

A1, A2, A3, A4: 0
B1:29.66
B2:5.33
B3.7.66
C2:26.66
C3:26.66
C4:14.66

D3 & D4 occupied by The Republic

Our economy is shitting itself, but we've lifted any and all trade limits or mining limits to keep it stable long enough for the inevitable sacking of The Republic's capital.

Unhappy with B2's stubborn resistance we try more "direct" methods of pervuading them to resent to Phoenixia since they have been occupied since the start of the war:
Average of 6.66(which rounds up)
Twisting their hand has worked and they resent realizing they will never be liberated.  B2 is now under political influence of Phoenixia.
[If you're wondering how am I going to recover from this economically and preventing rebellion I'm going to relent a bit and let my troops rest in a turn and relax the fortifying in a turn.  Basically next turn is a rest turn]

Again offer armistace with same terms.
[end turn]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:36 am

[Okay, bad new :

I withdraw from this game.

Why ?

1/ In two weeks I'll be gone for four month with unreliable internet access.
2/ I have spent a non-negligible portion of my days working on this RP in the last few days, since it started.
3/ After having let it run for a while, I have to admit that I don't get enough enjoyment from this game to justify the time expenditure.
4/ I have better ways to spend the little time I have left before going to boot camp.

So I'm withdrawing as a player from the game.

However, The Republic is a pretty big blob on the map, and there's a war going on. So here's three solutions I'm suggesting :

1/ Scyto's changelings manage to take control of The Republic, and he gain influence over it.
2/ Plasticube gains control of The Republic, for him to do with as he please (it's the player taking control, not Bonita)
3/ My least favored option : next turn The Republic fall into civil war and break away into several NPC states. Exactly four of them, one for each player here.

I will not maintain the Map anymore, so if someone want to take the responsibility, he only has to copy-paste it in his own Google Drive.

That's all for now folks. Let me know what option you want for The Republic. If Scyto think he can handle it, I'll gladly throw the baby at him, otherwise if Plasticube wants to have some fun with a powerful nation at war while keeping Bonita safe, it's there for the taking. The solution #3 is only here as a last resort.]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:[Okay, bad new :

I withdraw from this game.

Why ?

1/ In two weeks I'll be gone for four month with unreliable internet access.
2/ I have spent a non-negligible portion of my days working on this RP in the last few days, since it started.
3/ After having let it run for a while, I have to admit that I don't get enough enjoyment from this game to justify the time expenditure.
4/ I have better ways to spend the little time I have left before going to boot camp.

So I'm withdrawing as a player from the game.

However, The Republic is a pretty big blob on the map, and there's a war going on. So here's three solutions I'm suggesting :

1/ Scyto's changelings manage to take control of The Republic, and he gain influence over it.
2/ Plasticube gains control of The Republic, for him to do with as he please (it's the player taking control, not Bonita)
3/ My least favored option : next turn The Republic fall into civil war and break away into several NPC states. Exactly four of them, one for each player here.

I will not maintain the Map anymore, so if someone want to take the responsibility, he only has to copy-paste it in his own Google Drive.

That's all for now folks. Let me know what option you want for The Republic. If Scyto think he can handle it, I'll gladly throw the baby at him, otherwise if Plasticube wants to have some fun with a powerful nation at war while keeping Bonita safe, it's there for the taking. The solution #3 is only here as a last resort.]
[Probably the best way to keep the game balanced would be a combination of the three options.

Since I have the most land out of the remaining players I will just keep the land I already have.
Scyto gets E3, F3, G3, E4, F4, G4, G2.  That brings him to really close to my amount.

Plasticcube gets C1, D1, E1, F1, G1, D2, E2, F2, B1 which brings him to 54.98.

I keep B2, but I lose B1

I have 58.98.

It's impossible to split the land perfectly unfortunately and that's as close as we can get it.  I don't remember Scyto's land, but I think that's around 54.98, Scyto having around 56, and me having 58.98.

Also I should expand the map three sections downwards so that new players can have a area to join if they want.

With this option everyone that is still playing has equal power.

We'll call it that a civil war occurred.  The Republic agreed to the armistice with Phoenixia only if they get back B1.  Phoenixia agrees.  The country splits in two and the bottom part joins R'Shalok, but they don't know there's changelings.  Also I'll copy the map in a little bit.]

[Vote:  Yes/No ]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:55 pm

[RP suggestion : the civil war / split may have been helped (not caused) by changeling agents seizing the opportunity to help R'Shalok expand.

It would be good, from a RP standpoint, for people to find a justification as to why exactly did the southern part of The Republic secede from the Republic AND join R'Shalok.

Something to do with the terms of the Armistice, maybe ?]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:[RP suggestion : the civil war / split may have been helped (not caused) by changeling agents seizing the opportunity to help R'Shalok expand.

It would be good, from a RP standpoint, for people to find a justification as to why exactly did the southern part of The Republic secede from the Republic AND join R'Shalok.

Something to do with the terms of the Armistice, maybe ?]
[What about that after three definitive losses against Phoenixia and no wins on top of total war the southern part after so many of them being sent to the far fringes of the republic's territory just wanted the war to end even if it meant accepting a armistice and after being ignored for so long by the the republic's government for their desire for a armistice seceded from the republic, but joined R'Shalok for protection from Phoenixia?  And after the southern part's secession and rebellion the republic had no choice but to sign the armistice and end the war?]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:35 pm

[With the new map I have 58,63

Scyto has 52.16
Plastic has 54.98

That's as balanced as I can possibly make it.  Considering that's only a difference of 6.47 that's not bad at all.

The new map is at-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap_3kwH7QmsHdFVZRU9TOWJWTUdBRV9aRkRycHJ0aHc#gid=9
I'll revise it when I hear back from plasticcube and scyto about what they want to do.  I added four rows below so that if people want to join they can join without worrying about having a conflict as soon as they start the game, cause right now the current countries are getting kind of big and that may turn off some people if they want to play and see we have all the land already.]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm

cb5 wrote:three definitive losses against Phoenixia and no wins
[Huh, every time the Republic's troops went on the offensive your troops either folded or retreated and it gained the territories, the two territories that have been taken were only by surprise at the beginning of the war, the two subsequent territories you invaded were retaken in no more than three turns each, and right now The Republic has got your old Capital in its hands, along with another territory. How can you possibly spin that as "no victories" ? As far as the Republic can tell, they are going to WIN this war, but it's going to take time and will involve sweat, tears and a lot of blood.

I think you're a bit too much in-character, there. Applebloom 

War lassitude, yeah, but not for the reasons you said, and more for what I said above : If anything, it would be more along the lines of "why should we die for these assholes way other there [the northerwestern territories that you invaded] ?". This because since The Republic first had the territories around the Capital join the republic, The Republic was more of a federation than a monolithic entity. So why would the souther territories go through all this pain to save the ass of people they don't really care that much about anyway ?

Also, you need to turn the authorisation of your map to "public" if you want people to be able to consult it.]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
cb5 wrote:three definitive losses against Phoenixia and no wins
[Huh, every time the Republic's troops went on the offensive your troops either folded or retreated and it gained the territories, the two territories that have been taken were only by surprise at the beginning of the war, the two subsequent territories you invaded were retaken in no more than three turns each, and right now The Republic has got your old Capital in its hands, along with another territory. How can you possibly spin that as "no victories" ? As far as the Republic can tell, they are going to WIN this war, but it's going to take time and will involve sweat, tears and a lot of blood.

I think you're a bit too much in-character, there. Applebloom 

War lassitude, yeah, but not for the reasons you said, and more for what I said above : If anything, it would be more along the lines of "why should we die for these assholes way other there [the northerwestern territories that you invaded] ?". This because since The Republic first had the territories around the Capital join the republic, The Republic was more of a federation than a monolithic entity. So why would the souther territories go through all this pain to save the ass of people they don't really care that much about anyway ?

Also, you need to turn the authorisation of your map to "public" if you want people to be able to consult it.]
[Actually I was going to attack C1 with B1 and C2 with a force of 70 and predicted you would try to move D2 to C1, but I would have launched the attack one turn before you got there, then I would attack D1 knowing you would have moved there and attack your force of 30 with a force of 70, then canceled the total war and send half the troops home.  Your remaining forces would have been hunted down and I would have gone around taking over your undefended territories with marginal force as you try to recapture the areas while going back on the attack as I take your capital and push the republic's government's faces into their desks and made them sign the armistice.  You would have had to make a blood sacrifice to the elder gods to have gotten dice rolls high enough.

It's called a lancer attack.  You attack the heart of a enemy's forces with overwhelming force and hunt down their remaining forces.

Also made the map public-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap_3kwH7QmsHdFVZRU9TOWJWTUdBRV9aRkRycHJ0aHc&usp=sharing
]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:43 pm

[Whatever.

Do as you wish.

I'm withdrawing.]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:48 am

[Since this RP has effectively died without my help]

The Dominion sets everything on fire. Everything.

Cackling with mad glee, the God-Kings of the Directory sweep through the land, slaughtering all and spreading wrath and ruin throughout the country. Everything explodes.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9