Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Fallout New Vegas Run

+12
Ketchup
Frost
Kippershy
O. Hinds
Katarn
Valikdu
Darkbright39
StoneSlinger88
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Cptadder
16 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Last Fallout New Vegas Run - Page 2 Empty Re: Last Fallout New Vegas Run

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:08 am

I don't remember a severed ear being involved in that questline.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:05 am

Ears as equivalents of NCR dogtags. I don't remember, but somewhere in camp McCarren you can exchange them for caps.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:56 am

I don't know if I ever did the quest right about the Legion spy in Camp McCarren. I usually end up waiting by the radio tower till 1 AM in game and hoping he just spawns in there.

Now you could
A. just listen to his plans and quickly leave to disarm the bomb on the tram before reporting in.
B. Confront the spy, kill him, quickly disarm the bomb on the tram and report it all.
C. Just listen and/or confront the spy, report in and see if you can disarm the bomb before the tram leaves.

So far I find option B to be the best one. I'm sure A works as well, but the main point is to go disarm the bomb before reporting what you find in. If you report your findings before doing that, the tram is just likely to leave with the bomb and blow up.

Also, I can't remember if they fixed it, but it's better that you don't talk to anybody once you find out somebody has been sneaking into the Radio Tower. I say "fix" because the quest use to send you directly to the spy before you found out they was the spy, and because you didn't know they was the spy you could fail the quest by saying "I know the spy has been going into the radio tower at night."

I'm being vague to try to prevent spoiling who the spy is.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkbright39 Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:16 am

Oh, maybe I sabotaged myself from that quest since I couldn't keep my mouth shut lol. It's hard for me to support Legion-win since I'm part of the Yes-man master race. I'll probably do NCR and House endings first before I stoop to helping out Caesar. What color is your Pipboy screen? I use the blue.
Darkbright39
Darkbright39
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:22 am

I stick with that dusty faded yellow and amber. Blue is alright but there's something about the yellow I like on the pipboy.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:44 pm

I just can't help it swicked. I'm just drawn to "the light side" in games like this. I don't go "I'm going to play a nice guy" when I play these games, I just usually am. With some exceptions like stealing and maybe some undue deaths.

On the other hand I have to make a conscious choice of "I'm just going to be an evil asshole."

Though you have to admit, of the 4 choices the game gives you, there's three different shades of gray that's up to you to pick which one is the lightest( or more interesting) and then there's the Legion which is a really dark gray if not black. It doesn't help that no matter what you do during the game, a Legion ending is pretty much summed up by "And the Legion came in and fucked everybody up. Killing a bunch and enslaving the rest. The only exceptions being the Followers cause Caesar was all "I use to be with them, let them go cause they're alright."
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I just can't help it swicked. I'm just drawn to "the light side" in games like this. I don't go "I'm going to play a nice guy" when I play these games, I just usually am. With some exceptions like stealing and maybe some undue deaths.

On the other hand I have to make a conscious choice of "I'm just going to be an evil asshole."
This.

It also help that doing the Good Thing in general is also the choice that pay the most, if maybe not in term of caps.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 pm

That's something wicked.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:13 pm

I wonder if your forum name have something to do with this. Spike
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:09 am

swicked wrote:Is no one reading this topic?
I shall guess that, perhaps, no one is reading this topic.
You guess wrong
I'm always watching

swicked wrote:
Out of curiosity, how does playing for the Legion's side work when you're female?
What a good little female totally unlike all other females, you must be some sort of mutant woman since all of our women folk are good for is making babies and woohoo time.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:35 am

swicked wrote:Out of curiosity, how does playing for the Legion's side work when you're female?
Well, my latest completed playthrough was a female, Good Natured, positive-karma-ed Legion character (I wanted a roleplaying challenge). She specialized in unarmed weapons and had high intelligence and skills (she took care of Caesar's brain tumor personally). I had her viewing the NCR as ineffective and not of pure intentions, as she was from New Reno. What got her to side with the Legion, though, was that I did Old World Blues the first time I passed through Nipton. She basically came out of that the cyborg queen of Big Mountain, and that and her further exploits gave her the confidence to think that she could use the Legion's dictatorial nature to, eventually, make a better world.

My current playthrough (after I put on hold the Independent playthrough that I started after the Legion one... my attempts at playing male Couriers always seem to run into problems) is a bad-karma House using a stealth suit mod. My character isn't bloodthirsty, really, she just... doesn't see much of a problem with killing people to get the job done (she's got a soft spot for robots, though). And the job is now working for Mr. House. Except for my first Legion playthrough (the abovementioned one was my second, and the first was using an ARGH EVIL BLOOD KILL MURDER EVIL! character just to see what the Legion route was like), I think that this is the first time I've wiped out the Boomers instead of befriending them (my character judged them a potential threat to Mr. House's interests).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 am

I have tried to, but I just can't get into a RP with Fallout and keep character. I always revert to becoming the goody-two-shoes (with occasional fits of kleptomania) because that's what gives you the best equipment for the least effort.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:18 am

If only Obsidian had been given more time to finish the game. There could be more real role-playing options... and gameplay after the battle... and stuff...
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:25 am

Well, to be fair, every Fallout game suffer of the same problem.

In the end the most gratifying thing is to more or less unwittingly end as "King / Queen of the Wasteland", ala BlackJack, with every major faction being into so much debt toward you you just end up owning the place.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 am

Well, actually the most gratifying thing is siding with House.

Because you can imagine that the resulting future of the world you've created is going to be Firefly.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:12 am

Somehow I thought you'd have left him be crucified...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:27 am

"Nothing personal. It was just business, you know. Anyway, you gonna help yes or no ?"
"You know Benny... As someone once said, this might look like bad luck, but in truth... the game was rigged from the start."
"How original."
"Famous last words." *two shots*
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:35 am

Something for you, swicked.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:46 pm

the ears you have to go to camp forlorn hope to exchange, the heads you have to talk to a major in mcarran, dogtags you have to go to forlorn hope to exchange, also if using project nevada, be sure to enable the alternative repair system as you can fix things with tincans, scrap metal, abraxo and repair tool kits...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Honestly the most horrible thing one could do is with Arcade Gannon. Don't know if it's possible to do but I imagine gathering up the remains of the Enclave to help in the final fight only to turn around and sell Gannon to Caesar is really evil.

But I don't know if it's possible. I think Gannon stops being a companion completely after that quest. Either because you
A1. told the Enclave to help the NCR and told him to join them in the fight.
A2. told the Enclave to help the NCR and told him to remain with the Followers because they'd need his medical training.
or B. Told the Enclave to help the Legion and he get's super pissed and just leaves.

"For Auld Lang Syne" is one of those quest that pretty much shows how the developers made the Legion the bad guys of the whole game.
Once you've gathered up the five Enclave members left, other then Gannon and meet them at their bunker, if you tell them to help the NCR (Which is best to do even if you're going with House or Yes Man) Orion will leave because he hates the NCR and you either convince him to stay if you have a high enough Speech, or have to fight and kill him. You then either take his Enclave Armor, or pass it up and Daisy will give you hers because she's flying the Vertibird anyways and the armor makes the cockpit cramped.

If you tell them to join the Legion on the other hand, Cannibal Johnson and Gannon just leave. There's no Speech checks, no Intelligence checks, no fighting. They just straight up leave. You're then given Johnson's armor.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:40 pm

well you find enough ductape then... Im just saying its more realistic when your repair skill is high enough that you're able to jury rig repairs...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:17 am

For WG's NOT to attack dude, you need sneak to their meeting and wait till speech will be finished (where Mortimer confess, that they all eat human meat). After that you just walk in and say that that's not human flesh and all WGs beat the -squee- out of Mortimer.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 am

Advice. Take a dress or tuxedo from one of...hm...who died in 'accident' in that society and give it to Veronica ;)

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:30 am

Things didn't end terribly well with Veronica in my recent Legion playthrough (though, for fun, I gave her the Old World Blues stealth suit). Even after the end of the "leave" branch of I Could Make You Care, she didn't take my destruction of the Brotherhood very well. No, Veronica, I wasn't kidding in that Terrifying Presence dialogue option…
I've got a headcanon, though, that my character reunited Veronica and Christine postgame.
(Hopefully I've been vague enough here to not spoil things for you, Swicked.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:well you find enough ductape then... Im just saying its more realistic when your repair skill is high enough that you're able to jury rig repairs...

by jury rig I mean use scrap metal and abraxo cleaner to fix guns and armor
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:08 pm

i never found christina, is she at the followers outpost?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:36 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Things didn't end terribly well with Veronica in my recent Legion playthrough (though, for fun, I gave her the Old World Blues stealth suit). Even after the end of the "leave" branch of I Could Make You Care, she didn't take my destruction of the Brotherhood very well. No, Veronica, I wasn't kidding in that Terrifying Presence dialogue option…
I've got a headcanon, though, that my character reunited Veronica and Christine postgame.
(Hopefully I've been vague enough here to not spoil things for you, Swicked.)
I've finished all the dialogue you can do with Veronica from the get-go, and the rest is just expected (finding her long-lost lover and the likelihood of her getting ticked after you kill almost everyone she ever knew).
That said, I'm not the type to get all bent out of shape over spoilers, so don't worry about it.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:i never found christina, is she at the followers outpost?
Ah. Well, you never actually find her long-lost lover, annoyingly. There's someone who's very strongly hinted to be said lover, but, for some reason (probably due to time and money) the developers added zero dialogue options with either one about the other. Not so much as a "Hey, does the name 'Veronica' mean anything to you?". Hence me having to resort to headcanon in the postgame.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:56 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:i never found christina, is she at the followers outpost?
She's not in the main game. She is hinted at in one of the DLC, and you can meet her in another.

(does this sound appropriately frustratingly vague?)
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:57 am

swicked wrote:I was hoping she was the surgery-ed girl in dead money.

Well... yeah, that's her.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:31 am

I don't know if that's relevant for you, but mine favorite DLCs are:
Honest hearts > Old World Blues > Lonesome Road > Dead Money.
DM - is my least likable dlc. HH and OWB is two best DLCs. And LR - just good DLC, not too long and quite enjoyable.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content