Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Fallout New Vegas Run

+12
Ketchup
Frost
Kippershy
O. Hinds
Katarn
Valikdu
Darkbright39
StoneSlinger88
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Cptadder
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Last Fallout New Vegas Run Empty Last Fallout New Vegas Run

Post by Cptadder Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:58 pm

So I'm starting my last Fallout New Vegas run. Of achievements to get I still need to side with Caesar or go Anarchist. I've sided with myself, Mr House and the NCR but never the other paths. Got some odd achievements like picking pockets, doing 10k damage unarmed and with Gun Runners weapons (I never bought Gun Runners until the last steam sale when it dropped to 50 cents).

It's odd to think I've put 170 hours into a game and still not clinched all the achievements.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Last Fallout New Vegas Run Empty Re: Last Fallout New Vegas Run

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:10 pm

That's not too bad. I have 575+ hours and I still haven't gotten all the achievements.

And it's not just the Caesar ones I'm missing either. I wish you luck on your final run on getting the rest of those achievements! And to have fun of course.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:32 am

Wow 575 hours? Man, I can see 300 hours, 400 hours... 500? wow
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:40 am

I have something like 160 hours on New Vegas.

Of which 135 hours are only one gameplay, and I still hadn't explored the entirety of the map.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:06 pm

I have four or five different profiles, all of them at or around max level with most of the quest done for each of them including all the DLC ones, nearly every area discovered and explored.

Outside of the Wild Card ending and Caesar missions, most of the achievements I'm missing the pickpocket one, roulette and caravan still haven't found all the warheads in the Divide and I apparently never completed my Hardcore run.

Maybe I need to start playing the game again.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:10 pm

my first playthrough, the +100 hours long one, I did in Hardcore from start to finish. Spike

Unrelated, but trying to play Fallout 3 on windows 7 is an exercise in frustration.

The game has already crashed around 15 times and I haven't passed the GOAT yet...

That's one of of the most salient points which makes New Vegas a superior GAME in my opinion.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:24 pm

My favorite playthrough so far has been my latest one. Explosive stealth expert with melee tagged as well. Problem with explosives is that they're hard to find in the early game, expensive if you do happen to find them or just rush through to an area that sells them, and you need most if not all the perks for them so you can maximize damage with minimize self harm.

As far as New Vegas vs 3, both are good games but 3 is way more likely to crash then New Vegas is. At least for me. Back when I was playing both games nearly all the time and people were trying to skype me, I could keep New Vegas running as I went to desktop and came back in. 3 on the other hand would crash every single time.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:40 pm

See ? I was just playing New Vegas and it took the game around 10 minutes before crashing.

With Fo3, it would have been only 2 minutes. Crazy
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:my first playthrough, the +100 hours long one, I did in Hardcore from start to finish. Spike

Unrelated, but trying to play Fallout 3 on windows 7 is an exercise in frustration.

The game has already crashed around 15 times and I haven't passed the GOAT yet...

That's one of of the most salient points which makes New Vegas a superior GAME in my opinion.

you can set windows seven to emulate XP...

also since I initiated a Clean Slate protocol on New Vegas I've had on 2 crashes not counting a series of crashes caused by a faulty mod.

NVSE for the win
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:my first playthrough, the +100 hours long one, I did in Hardcore from start to finish. Spike

I had that same problem, and there is a solution. Here's the link. It's just instructing FO3 to run on two cores, which is plenty-- I could still max the settings with a two-year old laptop Sandy Bridge i5.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:36 pm

No kidding Fo3 is a nightmare to run even back then. So many memory leaks and script errors causing conflicts. It's so nice to start New Vegas up and hit 40 mods, set them all to run and have to spend ten minutes tops re-jiggering the load order to get everything to run right for 90 hours of fun.

And again
Underground Hideout is hand's down the best player house mod as far as packrats go. Being able to stock you shelves with oodles of guns and equipment... so enjoyable.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:14 am

Cptadder wrote:No kidding Fo3 is a nightmare to run even back then. So many memory leaks and script errors causing conflicts. It's so nice to start New Vegas up and hit 40 mods, set them all to run and have to spend ten minutes tops re-jiggering the load order to get everything to run right for 90 hours of fun.

And again
Underground Hideout is hand's down the best player house mod as far as packrats go. Being able to stock you shelves with oodles of guns and equipment... so enjoyable.

I got the Lucky 38 reloaded players home...

its got a wall display for all the guns and sorted armor and stuff, and even sorts your junk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I941-kwc0L8&feature=share&list=SPF6F122CB27A4C085

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-HxLGpiZDY&feature=share&list=SPF6F122CB27A4C085

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR00RmjmwtY&feature=share&list=SPF6F122CB27A4C085

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCKdfHQ4IGI&feature=share&list=SPF6F122CB27A4C085

a Mod CLinic for those who are new to modding...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-3c1a9cLL8&feature=share&list=SP0E5E8CA384409B11

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFDAD9921BFB12F9E
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:59 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:I had that same problem, and there is a solution. Here's the link. It's just instructing FO3 to run on two cores, which is plenty-- I could still max the settings with a two-year old laptop Sandy Bridge i5.
Already done. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkbright39 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:02 pm

I myself am slowly doing a DLC run of both Fallout 3 & New Vegas. I just got Anchorage and Broken Steel to finish before I'm ready to move on to NV DLC. I can't believe I loaded up a file I put down YEARS ago and I swear if it weren't for the console freezing then this would definately be one of the best games I've played!
Darkbright39
Darkbright39
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Anchorage played right after you make a character ends up with you getting a literal ton of excellent equipment and weapons to go along with gaining an absurd of amount of levels very quickly. That being said, it's actually pretty fun and interesting.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Anchorage played right after making a character more or less breaks the game outside of the Mutant Overlords with their Tri-Beam laser and Point Lookout with their armor ignoring hill billies.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkbright39 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:17 pm

The hill billies oddly share a similar model to the Alien abominations in the spaceship pack.
Darkbright39
Darkbright39
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:35 am

swicked wrote:...not sure I get the draw of this one. Do people really like their smartphones so much they want them in their post-apocalyptic games instead of a proper pipboy?

What's so surprising? People have a fetish for these things. Even the inside of the new Enterprise is a smartphone.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:55 am

I actually love that thing more, than pipboy. Thought I'm not fan of smartphones and anything more or less that could be considered similar to this is my old iPod Touch G1. Also, I see it more like PDA than like smartphone.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 am

Katarn wrote:I actually love that thing more, than pipboy. Thought I'm not fan of smartphones and anything more or less that could be considered similar to this is my old iPod Touch G1. Also, I see it more like PDA than like smartphone.
I'm sorry in the post Apocalypse I need to have something that screams durability. Something that says "Feel free to bash in a skull with me, I can take it"

So I prefer my trusty 3000 series pipboy.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:48 am

^ Or something that can withstand direct hit by lightning? Spike
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Crap I done fucked up, going inside structures causes crashes.

My load order:
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:40 am

swicked wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-HxLGpiZDY&feature=share&list=SPF6F122CB27A4C085
...not sure I get the draw of this one. Do people really like their smartphones so much they want them in their post-apocalyptic games instead of a proper pipboy?
Honestly, it makes about as much sense to me as redesigning the vault-tec suits. Pipboys forever.
[/quote]
actually theres another mod in this video where the pipboy looks like its actually with the lore called a n old friend the pipboy 2500 which is the hand held model and is lore friendly. I just don't like wearing a pipboy glove when i am supposed to be wearing a sealed environment suit or my power armor... I can remove the glove, but eh...

swicked wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR00RmjmwtY&feature=share&list=SPF6F122CB27A4C085
This one just breaks my game.

by breaking game, do you mean crash or destroys immersion, you really think night vision is game breaking? the rifle scope for the varmint rifle has thermal vision. also out of all my mods that one is really the only one which adds things to the game that "give an edge" and since my lighting mod gives darker nights, i need either a flashlight, or nightvision. as far as the stealth armor, you can just make it so either the stealth field is turned off period or you can set it to on all the time, or you can have it on only when you're in crouching. then it would only work while you're crouching and still... you have to set it upon install of the mod...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:48 am

My game was crashing, from time to time, only from mod, iirc, Wasteland at war. It adds some battlegrounds in zones away from original game, but still in map (you just didn't have ability to go in said zones). But it could brake some quests, since there is battleground just outside main NCR camp. NCR vs Fiends. Even if you are lvl 50 and caught in the middle of firefight...you're dead. Since there are many semi- and main bosses, who wields GLs. Getting hit by ~10 projectiles in matters of few seconds could be lethal.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:15 am

swicked wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:by breaking game, do you mean crash or destroys immersion, you really think night vision is game breaking? the rifle scope for the varmint rifle has thermal vision. also out of all my mods that one is really the only one which adds things to the game that "give an edge" and since my lighting mod gives darker nights, i need either a flashlight, or nightvision. as far as the stealth armor, you can just make it so either the stealth field is turned off period or you can set it to on all the time, or you can have it on only when you're in crouching. then it would only work while you're crouching and still... you have to set it upon install of the mod...
No, it's the first mod I've come across that causes my game to crash every time. Yesterday, when you asked me if my game was crashing? It was that.

eeew... since you decided to forgo NMM I am not surprised, the mod overlaps with some other mods
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:19 am

Katarn wrote:My game was crashing, from time to time, only from mod, iirc, Wasteland at war. It adds some battlegrounds in zones away from original game, but still in map (you just didn't have ability to go in said zones). But it could brake some quests, since there is battleground just outside main NCR camp. NCR vs Fiends. Even if you are lvl 50 and caught in the middle of firefight...you're dead. Since there are many semi- and main bosses, who wields GLs. Getting hit by ~10 projectiles in matters of few seconds could be lethal.

I'm on the search for a gatling laser, and duct tape.

I can never find enough freaking Duct Tape it is a annoying

I already cleaned out novac

and helios 1

and vault 11

and repconn HQ

And the Repconn Launch Site

hell you know what really sucks? collecting about 100+ fission batteries, selling them for caps, then realizing you needed about 8 on hand at all times for a mod device and being unable to find any frakking fission batteries

spent hours getting my way around till I finally found a pair and was like huzzah!

but still I am having so much trouble with duct tape.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkbright39 Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:29 pm

swicked wrote:
I don’t know why people say Fallout 3 was better. New Vegas is, hooves down.

Very true, at least I enjoyed it since it's got a superior workbench system plus hardcore mode, plus an ending that didn't need DLC to stand up right. The severed head is for Camp McCarren & the Brain is for The Kings in Freeside. I still don't know how to finish that radio tower quest, maybe it's glitched shut.
Darkbright39
Darkbright39
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 pm

The only thing about New Vegas I missed from Fallout 3 was the random encounters.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:52 am

Yeah, the heads are for 3 Card Bounty at Camp McCarren like Dark said, and the Brian is for fixing Rex.

You know, Cass is the reason I don't use drugs aside from Mentats in New Vegas anymore. I had downed nearly everything I had in my inventory when I ran into the Silver Rush because I had finished Cass' companion quest in a way that didn't require killing them but they attacked me.

Anyways, once I was done with that slaughter I turned to Cass, where she chewed me out for being high and didn't want me to become a junkie.

As for random encounters and New Vegas, yeah there's non programed in the game like they are in 3, but that just makes the really random stuff from leaving an impact.

I had just exited Broc Flower Cave, my new Ratslayer in hand. All of a sudden I hear gunfire. Expecting to see the three random NCR troops fighting the three random Legionaries that usually spawn in the same area, I was instead greeted by a female prospector running for her life. Not far behind was the three Legionaries. Since this was my "try to be nice to the Legion" playthrough I didn't step in and just watched.
One of the Legion guys literally shot the prospector's gun out of her hands, picked it up and killed her with is as she cowered next a rock. In order to not lose standing in the Legion, I followed the three bastards taking sneak attack head shots.

I'm not a fan of the Legion, never have been since I first started playing the game, the slaving bastards. But that right there, that truly random event that will probably never happened again, pretty much killed my "be nice to the Legion" game and any attempt of me trying a Legion ending for a good long while.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 am

My lucky guess it's either Black mountain radio or series of quests for NCR and their radio posts. One, with messed up reports.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content