Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 32 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Vergil Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Ketchup wrote:He has one more victory than loss.
I have 140 more victories than losses because of draws, giving win/draw/loss of 50/2/48. It should balance out at about 50 percent for most players, or the matchmaker is making imbalanced teams.

Average NA winrate is actually 48.87% due to the combination of a pretty wild ratio spread and draws.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 32 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Me and my clan participated in our first-ever Clan Wars. It was me in my VK36.01 H, my two buddies in their M103's... And that was it.

The battle lasted twelve minutes against a team of Tier X's with at least seven E-100's.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Welp, my first match with a T-80, almost stock, except for the 45 VT (the one from the T-70).
 Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 32 Shot_010
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 32 Shot_011
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Eh...I had a plethora of screenies of me at the top of the losing team, but it's just really redundant now. Sometimes, you just do what you can.

Now for something different:
Spoiler:
Probably would've won at the end, too if I had more time. Also would've come out with a top gun had my second shot at the T29 not gone low and left him with 1%, or had I not failed at backwards driving when the SU decided to facehug me at the end. Was a fun match, though. Fear the AT7.

For some happier news, T29s and their ilk are becoming less scary given the guns I now have. I need to study the weak spots on some of the higher tier Brit tanks, though. I rarely run into them, and that Caernarvon and a Centurion 7/1 gave be a bit of trouble recently.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Sorry Robo, game crapped out on me and I didn't realize it. We lost anyway, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:52 pm

I alt+f4'd about a minute after I got blown up. (the minute being one where I watched you and studied the battlefield before determining whether or not we had enough of a fighting chance for me to continue watching, but then the hill fell...)

That was a horrible matchup anyways. Tier X match on El Halluf. Niiice...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:54 pm

- Listen up boys ! We're going camping !

- Where ?

- El Halluf !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 pm

RoboRed wrote:Eh...I had a plethora of screenies of me at the top of the losing team, but it's just really redundant now. Sometimes, you just do what you can.

Now for something different:
Spoiler:
Probably would've won at the end, too if I had more time. Also would've come out with a top gun had my second shot at the T29 not gone low and left him with 1%, or had I not failed at backwards driving when the SU decided to facehug me at the end. Was a fun match, though. Fear the AT7.

For some happier news, T29s and their ilk are becoming less scary given the guns I now have. I need to study the weak spots on some of the higher tier Brit tanks, though. I rarely run into them, and that Caernarvon and a Centurion 7/1 gave be a bit of trouble recently.

Caernarvon - Anything other than mantlet and primary strip on the upper front plate is glass, it's by far the least armoured heavy in the game short of the TOG-2.

Centurion 7/1 - Pretty much the same. Only with less HP and even less armour elsewhere.

Both have ammo racks that are improperly placed and glitched massive out, strike them anywhere in the front half of the tank and you'll likely hit it. Lower glacis is auto pen on both of them.

Essentially, so long as they aren't hull down every shot will always go in with them. Even if they are hull down just aim at the extreme left and right of the turret, they are almost 0 armour.

In essence, they are glitched to hell armour wise, anything other than mantlet stands a good chance to go in.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:16 pm

I'll have to remember that. Must've just been unlucky with the heavy. The Cent was hull down when I ran into it.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 32 942393_553360258061752_2056950361_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:50 pm

There needs to be a Chesty, whatever team with it wins by crushing the enemy with sheer weight of balls.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:54 am

RoboRed wrote:Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 32 942393_553360258061752_2056950361_n

I'm going to repost the hell out of this
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:03 am

Happy news for Fuzzy?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:38 am

Is the Sheridan tank already in WoT ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:46 am

Nope.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 am

I wonder how they would model the missile...

It could be a quick scout with a powerful alpha gun (low rate of fire), but even more fragile than the french light tanks (wikipedia says in substance that a single hit from an HE shell of the same tier would turn the tank into a giant fireball).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:59 am

RoboRed wrote:Happy news for Fuzzy?

Yeah there was a bit of drama over that visit; WG at first claimed that their Soviet spy documents from before the vehicle was made were more historically accurate than the physical tank, or something along those lines and I think people were banned on the forums for bringing it up at one point.

Although since the silliness has been retracted I think and they might do it. If they do I'll probably go for the 4202. If they don't buff it I'll be happy with the 7/1 or 7/2 anyway. Although actually the fully upgraded Centurion 7/1 is actually likely to be a Centurion 9, since it's effectively a 7/2 (mk 7 with 105mm gun), with infra red driving lights and bins on the rear of the turret.

Although a Mk 10/2 Centurion if they added in the notable features of it would be a truly devastating vehicle. It's a version with a more heavily armoured gun mantlet and cupola, has a contra-rotating commander's cupola for easier target aquisition and has a ranging machine gun- the ranging machine guns on the Centurions combined with their excellent optics and gun stabilisation meant that they were the first tanks in the world to be able to fire on the move. You would fire a burst from the machine gun and if you scored a hit you immediately fire the main gun and the chances of a hit were about 90% on the move against a stationary target.

In fact it was so successful it was only phased out on the Chieftain when main gun ranges became much longer- although the machine gun could have identical ballistics, the phosphor coating on the back of the tracer would burn out before it reaches the target so there's no way to tell if you've hit. That was when the rangefinding stuff was made with radar and infra-red.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:21 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I wonder how they would model the missile...

It could be a quick scout with a powerful alpha gun (low rate of fire), but even more fragile than the french light tanks (wikipedia says in substance that a single hit from an HE shell of the same tier would turn the tank into a giant fireball).

It's just going to have a 152, the missile won't be modeled.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:00 pm

Heckuva gun for a light tank.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Up to 500 millimeter right angled rha-equivalent penetration. But an abysmal rate of fire, and a single hit from any tank of the same tier would probably be a one hit kill (extremely vulnerable magazine).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:24 pm

'Murica.

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:09 pm

That gunny is over the top.

Do they get delivered with the insane moto speech pattern on standard, or do you have to pay a premium to have that ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:32 pm

That picture of the American tanks with the men they were named after. I feel so sorry for bradley, even he looks as disappointed as most people that have to use that abomination of a vehicle.

The Sheridan, unfortunately, will not be in WoT, it entered service in 1969, which is significantly out of our time frame. This is if they stick to their rules however, I think it's perfectly viable to see it working if they dump the missiles. Same as the FV101 Scorpion could work or the JagdChieftain. So I'd like it...but it's unlikely.

They have however confirmed the M41 Walker Bulldog will be in it eventually. Likely at Tier 8.

The FV4202 news is very good indeed, might make it playable! Such a weird tank but a fun eccentricy of tank design.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Fuzzy wrote:The Sheridan, unfortunately, will not be in WoT, it entered service in 1969, which is significantly out of our time frame.
Is it judged by the date at which they entered service, or design date(s) ? Because if it's the former, this is a bit strange given all the prototype tanks in the game that never actually entered service. Spike And on the other hand, wikipedia says that design work on the Sheridan started in the mid 50's.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:The Sheridan, unfortunately, will not be in WoT, it entered service in 1969, which is significantly out of our time frame.
Is it judged by the date at which they entered service, or design date(s) ? Because if it's the former, this is a bit strange given all the prototype tanks in the game that never actually entered service. Spike And on the other hand, wikipedia says that design work on the Sheridan started in the mid 50's.

It's service date or last known conception date.

For example, the Sheridan entered service in 1969, so that date is used.

But for say, the FV301 for the British, which never entered service, they consider the date in which it was last concepted which was in the late 40's rather than mid-war when it was supposed to come out, thus it was able.

However, if it had designs prior to it, they sometimes go back and find a suitable concept ot prototype. That's what they did withthe T-62A to avoid getting the T-62's developments that wouldn't have worked in the game engine. It's the same as they are doing for the Chieftain despite the production one being in 1962 and thus perfectly able. (That's a chip on my shoulder that one, I want mah Chief! :p )

So it's not impossible, just very very unlikely we'll see the Sheridan, especially as they confirmed the Bulldog will be their top tier light tank already.

On othe rnews, I've completed my expanded collections of British tanks into a tech tree.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 32 L7pa1h11

From top down...

Lend Lease line, drops back into the Cruiser line once they hit the Comet, as they did in reality.

Cruiser Line, current medium line as normal.

Turreted TD Line, one of three potential TD tree directions, this one focussing on fast moving turreted TDs and ending with heavy gunned Centurion TD's.

Assault TD Line, the current line as normal only with the FV215b replaced with the JagdChieftain as the tier 10.

Traditional TD Line, the last direction for TD's, this is a more traditional TD line style. It ends in the FV215b. This is the 183 version, the FV215b HT has been converted into the Tier 9 tank destroyer just before it and renamed the Fv217, there was an Fv217 concept called the "120mm AT Gun Conqueror" so it makes sense to me that this could be it.

Support Tank Line, the current heavy line with the tier 10 tank replaced by the Heavy Conqueror. Also breaks on an alternative path

MBT Tank Line, an alternate small section at the end of the Support line breaking off from the Black Prince that leads through the Chieftain's development.

Light Support Tank Line, same as before, but with the Valiant added after the Valentine. As a note, the Valiant should be a medium here, I've just made a mistake. Will correct it soon.

SPG line, same as right now.

Light Line, progresses through tiny nippy recon and annoyance tankettes into proper light tanks and finally into the lighter MBT in the form of the Vickers MBT.

Premiums from normal WoT are maintained.

Others are all unassigned due to not fitting in, but I've roughly divided them into their tiers. WG has a HUGE selection they can use that I've identified. Standouts include the COMRES 75 which is a remote turreted Cromwell with a 20 pounder for EXTREME hull down dominance and autoloader, Centurion AVRE which is just a big derpgunned Centurion with spaced armour, the TOG-1 which is just a massive Matilda and two tanks by the name of Centaur and Cavalier at tier 5. These are just downgraded Cromwells that did see combat when they took the prototypes with them before the proper Cromwell was finished. You can actually play these already, just use the 6 pounder (for Cavaliar) or 3.5 Howitzer (for Centaur) and the stock engine.

I'll go into more detail about each of these tanks and what they'd have in future posts but for now this shall suffice to show what I've been up to in my rampant historical digging. :p

Last edited by Fuzzy on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:02 pm

You might want to consider resizing that image. Even when I download and save it and zoom in, it's still small. Then I have to zoom in and it's all blurry.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Just click on it and it boosts to full size in the window.

If not, try this.

https://i.imgur.com/L7Pa1HY.png
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Odd...I swear it wasn't working like that earlier.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 am

snip:

Soooo, it's been several months since garages were mentioned. What's currently in everyone's garages now?

3:
PzIII Ausf. A

4:
PzIII

5:
StuG III
AT 2
Excelsior

6:
AT 8
Hellcat

7:
JagdPanther
AT 7
AT 15A

8:
Indien-Panzer
Ferdinand
T26E4 SuperPershing (selling for gold at next patch, though)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:33 am

Okay. This may take a while...

2:
T1E6 (uncrewed)

3:
BT-SV (uncrewed)
Pz. S35 (this is actuallly the one I have the most fights with, and the crew is on the 3rd skill)
AMX 38 (want to replace it when the other French branches come out)
Chi-Ha (won a prize with this one, once)

4:
AMX 40
SAu 40 (will move forward)

5:
Pz III/IV (will move towards the Leopard)
Wolverine (will move towards the T95)
AMX 13 105 AM (will move forward)
Churchill I (will move to the GC and AT 7)

6:
KV-1S (will move to the KV-13)
KV-2
SU-100Y
M4A3E2 (undecided as to where to move)
ARL 44
TOG II

8:
KV-5

9:
AMX 50 120 (will move forward)

Yes, I'm completely scatterbrained.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next