Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derpy's Official Statement of Disconcern for This Site.

+5
Kippershy
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
Cptadder
Derpy Hooves
9 posters

Go down

Derpy's Official Statement of Disconcern for This Site. Empty Derpy's Official Statement of Disconcern for This Site.

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:52 am

Hello readers, if you are reading this then there is a healthy chance you are a membe of this here site. Cloudsville was founded in November of 2011 by a 15 year old boy with a dream. When this site started we were a friendly group of 25 or so, growing by a couple a week. Post rates were high as expected on a new site and the rules were a bit shady, but no one did anything wrong.

I'm going to skip to now, skipping a few changes in power, a couple of nasty trolls, wars in activity and large changes to the site.

Now it's almost November of 2012, meaning we are almost to a year of Cloudsville. In general everything on site is the same, but 80% of the founding membership of the site is now gone, the remainder now work staff positions on the site. All original admins but the founder are now out of power. And today the userbase is 90+% Project Horizons role playing.

This is where the title comes in. If anyone is a friend of mine they will know this: I love Cloudsville. I loved this place dearly and did everything I could at any moment to make sure this place was in tip-top shape, from the beginnings when I made and repaired emoticons to formally contacting the founder to finally give us a standing and active administration. I refused a few months ago to believe this place would fall. I encouraged the return of users I still had contact with, I came here every day to make posts and chat in the chat box. Once given moderator power I would delete offensive posts, fix errors causes by glitches on the site, and kick Formis from the chat box whenever he poked someone. I worked as hard as I could to keep this place up, but I've decided to quit.

This message is me finally caving in to the inevitable, this place isn't going anywhere.

Project Horizons people, you didn't kill this place, and right now you are the only ones giving it a purpose. Keep doing what your doing. If anyone can remember this place wasn't in great shape the month the PH folk moved in and they actually gave us a push, they didn't hinder us or ruin anything. The problem is that push has run out. It actually ran out many months ago but I refused to believe it.

I'm not leaving, I'm staying here and retaining my pink supermodel status and whatever responisibilities ever come, but I'm no longer going to work to promote this site's prolonging any more. This means I will no longer be pushing users to come on, I will no longer be inviting new users, I will no longer be observing and evaluating the administration for flaw, and I will no longer be plotting to take control from FinestHour because the truth is, there is nothing we can do to keep this place around.

I want to get in contact with as many of you as I can, so please add me on Skype (Skypename: pencilman222000) or join the Facebook group. I don't want this community to die with the site, and I don't think it will. I just want to keep in contact so that when this place is even more of a boneyard I will still have people to talk to, I don't want to go finding new bronies.

Basically, what I'm doing is sugar coating something much simpler in this long post. That's this fact: I was wrong, I tried as hard as I could to not believe it, I wanted cloudsville to go places, and I stuck around longer than anyone else, but I'm giving up hope, which is terribly hard for me to do. I actually spent 2 weeks planning to make this post before tonight, and it's still hard to hit the send button.

Last edited by Derpy Hooves on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Derpy's Official Statement of Disconcern for This Site. Empty Re: Derpy's Official Statement of Disconcern for This Site.

Post by Cptadder Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:15 am

Well what to say aside from when I ran the numbers when PH hit 20,000 total comments. Cloudsdale is 35% PH posts at this point not counting the rp we move up to the mid 80% range.

At least that was true a month back, so it's gotten worse(better?worse-better?) since then.
Either where I am a handy example/sterotype of the point your trying to make. PH drew me to the forums, PH is why I post here. And because of that... if it's not in the PH thread (Or my own Minecraft thread) or Murky's thread I literally don't run into the other non PH/Murky users.

So you will be missed except your not leaving, but it is interesting to see this statement from one of the first posters here.
Forums acquire history the longer they last and it's interesting to see the culture that develops around them.
And I can say this for Cloudsville, you literally have the nicest forum culture I've run into... pretty much ever since I started posting stuff to Internet forums some sixteen years ago.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Derpy's Official Statement of Disconcern for This Site. Empty Re: Derpy's Official Statement of Disconcern for This Site.

Post by O. Hinds Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:22 am

I'm sorry that things didn't work out the way you were hoping. Thank you again for giving us a place, though, and I hope that you meet with more satisfying success in your next great endeavor.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:52 am

O. Hinds wrote:I'm sorry that things didn't work out the way you were hoping. Thank you again for giving us a place, though, and I hope that you meet with more satisfying success in your next great endeavor.

Oh, i should have clarified for those that don't know, i'm not the person who started this place, FinestHour is, as referenced my by cessation of trying to take over from him.

He's like never here, except for his random bursts of "I CARE" so its not a surprise you got confused.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:40 am

Derpy Hooves wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:I'm sorry that things didn't work out the way you were hoping. Thank you again for giving us a place, though, and I hope that you meet with more satisfying success in your next great endeavor.

Oh, i should have clarified for those that don't know, i'm not the person who started this place, FinestHour is, as referenced my by cessation of trying to take over from him.

He's like never here, except for his random bursts of "I CARE" so its not a surprise you got confused.
Eh? No no, I didn't think that you'd founded Cloudsville. ...I'm not really sure why you thought that I thought that, actually. As your post said, though, pouring work into the site and having high hopes for it doesn't require that you be the founder.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 am

well, nothing went wrong, thanks for giving us a home and that RP room that we totally pile with lots of messes!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:31 pm

They are taking the babbies back to new york, to lady to rest.
My parrys are with the father, I am truly sorry for your lots.

(Seriously though; I'm sorry this turned out this way for you. I'm also sorry if we had anything to do with the downfall - though you say it isn't so, I still feel guilty all the same.

I hope that you can find something to hope in again, hope is necessary in this harsh world.)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying Ace: Comet Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Derpy, I remember the good 'ol days when the site was created and I'd like to cordially say thanks for being so awesome. Like you, I miss the community we used to have and I am sad to see that the few that remain don't even hardly post at this point. I wish you fair tidings in any of your future endeavors and I hope we keep in contact. Hard to believe that I was part of this forum (with my first acc.) when it was created. Grand times we all used to have in the chat box. Memories like those will never die.
~Comet <3
Flying Ace: Comet
Flying Ace: Comet
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:(Seriously though; I'm sorry this turned out this way for you. I'm also sorry if we had anything to do with the downfall - though you say it isn't so, I still feel guilty all the same.
We DON'T have anything to do with its downfall. We are just a disappointment.
He expected us to breathe new life into the forum but, instead, we just stick to our threads.

I could swear I remember him even making an announcement, once, that we had to start posting in other threads. Then we didn't.

I wasn't actually the one that made that post, it was Bubbles (Nightfire), but it was after I had told him to do so. (which in all honesty just backs up my point that I was trying a whole lot)
I wasn't pointing you PH folk out as an annoyance, I was trying to in my post dispel the rumor that all of us other members find you as terrible nuisances. We would often say that you killed the site but none of us actually believed it, it was just a cop-out excuse (and a fair bit of fun).

And Comet. Thanks, It's nice to know you and the others do feel the same way. It does suck, and my admittance of that fact was the whole reason for making this thread.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote:Once given moderator power I would delete offensive posts, fix errors causes by glitches on the site, and kick Formis from the chat box whenever he poked someone.
Didn't know it was that much significant part of your job. Trollestia

Anyway, I've been here for half a year now, there were some visible changes, especially after PH guys came over, but for me not enough time went by to become nostalgic about it. My heart is made of stone, takes time to crack, plus I'm usually hopelessly optimistic and easygoing about things. Twilight crazy

Sorry to hear things didn't go as you wanted and hoped, but the core of community (at least the part I've managed to meet) is still mostly here even if not as active as used to be, and we've got Skype still so I hope to see you there sometime soon. Twilight Sparkle
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:20 am

Well Derpy, I'm more or less holding out a bit of hope season 3 will help us, that this time of PH threads taking over (not necessarily a bad thing) is because of the drought of new episodes. Of course, it is likely I am wrong, but hey, ya never know. And as also being one of the "Cloudsville Starters", I do agree with Comet...even if most those memories involve a chatbox.
Permafrost
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Crumble Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:53 am

I must agree with you Derpy. I was just a young brony when I went to Cloudsville. I have been around for quite a long time and also felt that this forum is becoming stagnant. When the forum was fairly new, I remember post that were creative and interesting. Now, the only post I see are the squee, punch, kiss and other forums games. I'm not hating on those bronies who are just posting on the forums games maybe you guys just don't want to post stuff. That's fine.

I remember the time when we had a minecraft server. It was F***ing fun and I loved to hide shit all over the town, little did aruiguis know :P. But, everything changed. I don't know what but everything just changed.

I still have a lot of hope for this site but with only some members left I fear for the worst. But, I hope that this small knit of friends may still live on after. :)

Hey you may never know, when Season 3 comes out. Everything will come back to life. But for now, it's been an experience :).
Apple Crumble
Apple Crumble
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Apple Crumble
Species: Earth pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down