Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to rationally discuss the issues that arise in the chatbox.

2 posters

Go down

A place to rationally discuss the issues that arise in the chatbox. Empty A place to rationally discuss the issues that arise in the chatbox.

Post by Derpy Hooves Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Ok, this will help us. Here i want one thing to happen. Firstly, I want to see Bubbles explain his case.

Nightfire, please explain in a semi-detailed post the following

-The "Job" you are fulfilling, and why you think you are doing it right/
Give examples of any work you have done on the site.

-What you believe others feel you are doing wrong

-Examples as to why you feel you are hated by the community, keep emotions OUT OF THIS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after this, i want everyone to make a post in DIRECT RESPONSE to Bubbles, formatted thusly

-Pertaining to bubbles response, what is he doing wrong in this "job"

-If he knows what he is doing wrong, if not, explain with examples

-You're feelings for bubbles as a person, outside of his admin position, as referenced by examples you give. Again, emotions OUT

ANY AND ALL POSTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THIS IN THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED BY ME! I WILL ALSO RESPOND IN THE SAME WAY! This is to be a place to give exact reasoning for the issues we are facing and for us to later, after everyone states their case, come up with a "solution" if one is required.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

A place to rationally discuss the issues that arise in the chatbox. Empty Re: A place to rationally discuss the issues that arise in the chatbox.

Post by Nightfire Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:37 pm

-Job I have been doing is staying active watching over forum I refresh page a lot to see if anybody ever posts in the feedback section and when they do I look over the problem or suggestion and do best I can. Examples of work I did was:
  • All Individual boards are missing the scroll icon for "New Posts"

• Super Moderators (soopahmodels) Don't have power over Character Sheet threads

• Welcoming messages (Something i tried for long time)

I did all those and was looking into the RP chatbox til Camo did the honors of paying instead. I know not many things however suggestions or problems are never sent since site can be calm at times.

-I feel others believe that I goof off a lot and don't use the responsibility I was given for good.

-
  • Not doing my job the best I can.

• Having different opinions that interfere with others.
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : -19

Character List:
Name: Alice / Ranger
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Pegasus / Time traveler

Back to top Go down

A place to rationally discuss the issues that arise in the chatbox. Empty Re: A place to rationally discuss the issues that arise in the chatbox.

Post by Derpy Hooves Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Ok, i'll be the first response.

resp:
Nightfire wrote:-Job I have been doing is staying active watching over forum I refresh page a lot to see if anybody ever posts in the feedback section and when they do I look over the problem or suggestion and do best I can. Examples of work I did was:
  • All Individual boards are missing the scroll icon for "New Posts"

• Super Moderators (soopahmodels) Don't have power over Character Sheet threads

• Welcoming messages (Something i tried for long time)

The problem here is that your first example, of "watching over" the forum is something anyone can do, along with your last example. It is good to have an administrator do that of course, but it doesn't really count as part of your job, especially not a part that could be made easier in any way.
The other examples are legitimate, I know because I was the one that brought up the issues.
-Now, what i see wrong with your work. Some examples of things you did with your Admin power that did not help the community in any way.
)Removing the "banana" emoticon
)Briefly promoting Moonlight to admin
)Many small, random, temporary events that happen, usually late at night, such as promoting people, changing usergroups, etc.
)The "rules" update or clarification in the feedback board

The first 3 examples are what many people are judging you on. none of these affect anyone greatly but they are visible, and obvious to the community. They see you using your admin power in such ways without seeing many other uses such as the examples you mentioned. Remember that your character is built of your actions, and only the ones that are seen.
The fourth example affects no one, but is an example of the biggest overlying problem many people are seeing. You try to hard to "do your job" on the site. None of the suggestions in that thread are useful with our community and all of the clarifications were unneeded as no one breaks any rules around here. The problem is we see you trying to fix what isn't broken, and though your posting did not have anything to do with your rank as admin, people see your rank, and upon seeing things like this they think you are attempting to make a change.

Now on to the biggest issue with your job. You act on random.
Often times, something will be suggested in the community, be it the addition of an emoticon, the change of power on a board, or the repair of an issue. Now when these things are suggested, you often go through full due process, you examine the task, relay with the other admin, and do what needs to be done. This is good, it can seem slow to the community, but it's what is right.
Also often, is when you do things, without talking to the community or Camo, like the things i spoke of above. these may be small or non-effective to anyone, but they are actions. The problem here is these things happen at YOUR choice, and no one else's.
If you will remember, we have the "fallen admins" group for the exact reasoning, people were coming in from long absences, taking one look at the community and thinking "i should do something" and doing it, without talking to anyone. You should remember, as the only reason you are an admin is because of one of those random actions. But you were a big supporter in my effort to contact finest and remedy the problem (the one and only positive thing he has done for this site ever). Now you just need to avoid this issue yourself.

What I think you need to be informed of is this: you have administrator rank and power, it doesnt mean you have to use it. Notice all of the things you did that were positive to the site were by suggestion from a user. Just because you have the potential to make any change doesn't mean any change even has to happen. change only needs to happen in cases where it is shown something isn't working right. You tend to suggest or act in cases where YOU think something MAY be wrong, but to the rest of the community, nothing is going wrong.

And like is said in the chatbox.... its kind of impossible to state how i feel about you without using emotion, but use context from the above and you should figure it out.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down