Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do?

+8
Scootaloo
Apple Crumble
RoboRed
Admiral Stoic Rum
Formis_Fluttergod
Sky Cloud
CamoBadger
Derpy Hooves
12 posters

Go down

So, your joke pissed them off, what do?

So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Left_c1054%So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Right_10 54% 
[ 7 ]
So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Left_c1046%So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Right_10 46% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 13

So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Empty So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do?

Post by Derpy Hooves Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:50 am

I'm bored, so here's a poll.

Say you are online right, like you always are (don't lie!). Now someone posts something on Facebook, or says something in a chat or message board, watever. You read it and INSTANTANEOUSLY something that you find REALLY FUNNY for a response comes up in your head, you begin to write what you think into the response box of some sort. But what is that? That little voice miles away... Is it telling you not to do it? Is it saying, perhaps, that the other person won't understand your humor?

Ahh ignore it, it's too far away to do anything.

So you post, and as your distant, dying, withered little pre-Internet conscience predicted, the other person gets mad because they didn't get your humor.

What do you do? The way I see it, there are 2 options.

1: swallow your pride, apologize to the person and go through the extent of explaining your joke. This results in 1 of 2 possibilities, with many variations possible but the basics are either the person forgives you or doesn't, because you're still an asshole for making a joke. The other result is that everyone else will see this explanation, which will ruin the possibility for others to enjoy your genius! And also gives them a chance to be insolent and explain why something doesn't work. So, it's a win-or-lose situation, that results in something less exciting overall no matter what.

2: Leave it. Just leave it, it's the Internet! People say stupid shit all the time, there isn't even a way for that person to prove you saw them get mad so what do you have to worry about? If the person has the least bit of decent they wont stay mad. This allows you to keep your cool, stand by your joke, hold your composure and watch the "likes" or whatnot rack up from people with brains.

So what do YOU usually do? I nearly ALWAYS choose the second option. If I said it, I might as well be able to go by it. Plus conversations within comment threads are annoying.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Empty Re: So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do?

Post by CamoBadger Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:46 am

I always choose the second one, because everyone I do that to pretty much knows that I have no filter for what is appropriate and what is taboo.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Empty Re: So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do?

Post by Sky Cloud Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 pm

it depends for me.
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Well, since I don't take internet seriously, I would stand behind my joke.
But this happens extremely rarely for me if even that, since I do silly things all the time people I know are used to it. People I don't know will get used to it eventually, otherwise it's their problem. Trollestia
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:47 am

Oh I'm good at that I have also inadvertently been labeled as a mostly ignore type person
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am

Depends for me. Usually its choice A, but there's also many a time where I'm like, "You know what? Fuck you, I'm funny.", and don't apologize.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:06 pm

RoboRed wrote:"You know what? Fuck you, I'm funny."

Yes, and occasionally that is an awesome feeling, when you think that..
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Crumble Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:47 pm

I let them rage over the internet if they're a total douche. Otherwise, I explain the situation to them. I give them what he/she deserves.
Apple Crumble
Apple Crumble
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Apple Crumble
Sex: Male
Species: Earth pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootaloo Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 pm

I watch and laugh.
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Shimmer Mint
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:57 am

Scootaloo wrote:I watch and laugh.

SCOOOOOOOOOTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MY FAVORITE CUTIE MARK CRUSADER CAME HOME!!!!!!
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 pm

I try really hard to never make thoughtless jokes online or off? So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? 908227573

Unless you've seriously offended or actually hurt someone, 99% of all stupid internet jokes are pointless and easily ignorable things. Lots of people online play by the rules of doing whatever they feel like, and places where people have actual conversations are the exception, not the rule. Asshole behavior is, for better or worse, the normal standard all over the internet. If you say something and another person makes huge statements about how mad and upset they are, chances are they're just blowing hot air because they fell like it. Words can really hurt people, but what you're describing, Derpy, doesn't seem very serious at all. I'm getting the impression that you're drunk with your drunk buddies and you say a stupid joke, in which case laughing your head off is completely appropriate.

Yes, I'm implying that 99% of all internet conversations are the equivalent of drunken ramblings. So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? 3845856932
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:55 am

So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Twilight_serious_E7-W7

Well, way to bring the mood down poster above...

I'm watching you Luna
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying Ace: Comet Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:59 am

Well, I'm watching you... O.O
Flying Ace: Comet
Flying Ace: Comet
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote:Well, way to bring the mood down poster above...

I'm watching you So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? 761398768
So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Lolponies__ceiling_derpy_is_watching_you__by_axemgr-d4nbfm0
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Oh no... im watching myself...
So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Scared_derpy_by_blackm3sh-d3drw8d
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:18 pm

The Derp in this thread is reaching critical levels!
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 pm

ketchup504 wrote:The Derp in this thread is reaching critical levels!
So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? 134282941129
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:12 pm

I have a package for you, wrapped up snug
Spoiler:

AAANNNNDD Derpy derails Derpy's thread.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:20 pm

So you inadverantly piss someone off online, what do? Abandon-thread1

Derprail!
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down