Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 3 speculation

+5
jacky2734
Derpy Hooves
Moodyman90
Kippershy
Permafrost
9 posters

Go down

Season 3 speculation Empty Season 3 speculation

Post by Permafrost Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 am

Well, Season 3 is bound to begin within the next 2 months, so why not start speculating on what will happen? Please only have reasonable speculation...in other words stuff that has a chance to actually happen.
Permafrost
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Season 3 speculation Empty Re: Season 3 speculation

Post by Kippershy Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:26 am

We know discord is returning.
I'm going to assume we'll see another cameo of Trixie in some form (Gabby Gums in S2).
We know Cadence is playing a part in at least one episode, and so S.A should be attending too - which would be nice.

I'm hoping to see something from either Fluttershy's or Dashies parents / childhood memories other then the race, and meeting Pinkies parents again could be interesting.

They wont give any of the CMC their cutie marks, because that'll mean the end of that thread and thus would probably mark it as the last season... besides, we had an episode revolving that in s2, so that'll be left out.

It would be nice to see more of pip and Luna, especially together.
(Not shipping, but it would be nice to see a continuation of the "your my favourite princess ever!" theme)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Going on the pattern the past two seasons... one or two Spike centered episodes and a Pinkie centered one right before the finale.

Personally I would like to see another pet centered episode, and some more world building naturally.

As for more speculation, another mental breakdown episode with my bits it being Twilight again.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Nah, Twilight has had two breakdowns now - if you include the season 1 occurrence with the parasprites.

Rarity having a breakdown would be cool, I could see something funny coming out of that.
Rainbow has had sonic rainboom & Mare Do Well.
Applejack hasn't had a true breakdown - just over exhaustion.
Flutters had Dragonshy (somewhat) / Iron Will / Hurricane Fluttershy

More time with the twins (cakes) would be cool. Definitely more footage of Tank.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Oh, here's another thing:

I reckon this crystal ponies thing is a double parter to open up the new series, instead of having some big bad enemy - open up with a nice big celebration.
Why?

So far, they've opened up on double parters - yes, discord was meant to be the end of season 2, but they made the right choice in pushing it back for S2 instead of the end of S1, left the gala as a spectacular event not overshadowed by an awesome two parter.

The pilot was nightmare moon, season two was discord, so I reckon it'll be the double parter involving crystal ponies - to give the event the amount of air time needed to show off the stuff.

Also, the quality of the animation and art put into the song indicates it's for something special, thus it would make perfect sense for it to be the opening two parter song.
Start with a bang, right?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Kippershy wrote:Oh, here's another thing:

I reckon this crystal ponies thing is a double parter to open up the new series, instead of having some big bad enemy - open up with a nice big celebration.
Why?

Who's to say the Crystal Carnival prevents some epic adventure or bad guy?
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm banking on a Scootaloo centered episode. In two seasons, she is the only main character to receive no character development or an episode of her own.
Come on Hasbro, show some Scootalove.
Scootaloo
It's the only Scootaloo Emote we have on the sight.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote:

Why?

Oh, nothing. For all we know they could need to go through the depths of the everfree forest into the old castle of the princesses once more to regain a certain something of utter importance, only to find it's been taken by some thief before they arrive.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Derpy Hooves wrote:

Why?

Oh, nothing. For all we know they could need to go through the depths of the everfree forest into the old castle of the princesses once more to regain a certain something of utter importance, only to find it's been taken by some thief before they arrive.
Oh please no, I don't want another "get the elements!" "OH NO NO ELEMENTS" storyline...
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I'd like to see a season-wide story arch, would be nice, though I severely doubt it.

Things I would love to see in the season:

Lyra should talk again, because it almost threw me into a freakout last time.

MOAR LUNA!!! (and no, her popping in at the last possible second and saying "Did I miss anything?" does not count. I wanted to slap someone)

As has been said: Give us a Scoots episode. The other two crusaders got their own episodes (or 2 in AB's case), so why no love for little Scoots? Teach her how to fly or something! I feel like I'm dying inside everytime she tries!

As I've said about a thousand times, I'd love to see some Equestrian history! Where alicorns come from, how Celestia and Luna came to defeat Discord, the Rise of NMM, etc.

Honestly, I'd like to see an episode where one of the mane6 gets in a relationship of some kind (just please, for the love of celestia, no overly-gooey lovey-dovey crap like in Hearts and Hooves day).

MOAR. LUNA. (did I already say this?)

Also, AJ should sing. In a duet. With Rarity. (probably never going to happen, but if it did you would never see me again due to heart attack) [I will also accept another song from Rarity, or especially a AJ focused song]
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:09 am

CamoBadger wrote:Also, AJ should sing. In a duet. With Rarity. (probably never going to happen, but if it did you would never see me again due to heart attack) [I will also accept another song from Rarity, or especially a AJ focused song]

The actress who is the lead singer in a bad... who makes their money by singing to people and making them like it so much they buy recordings of her singing has yet to get a song to herself. Ngargh.

More Quarray Eels. Not likely? Fine. More pun monsters, then. But I would donate an organ to them for more Quarray Eels.

EEEEEELS!:

Oh and Tartarus would be a nice thing to see.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:52 am

I want them to do a riff on a Beatles song already! Or any '60s/'70s rock song, really. Mr. Ingram has got the talent to pull it off, and he's got the organ for it, too! I mean, the BBBFF song was so close...

Well. A human can dream.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Derpy Hooves wrote:

Why?

Oh please no, I don't want another "get the elements!" "OH NO NO ELEMENTS" storyline...

Oh, what I'm saying doesn't have to use the elements - standard thief. Just gotta find out who they are and book em, ya dig?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I want them to do a riff on a Beatles song already! Or any '60s/'70s rock song, really. Mr. Ingram has got the talent to pull it off, and he's got the organ for it, too! I mean, the BBBFF song was so close...

Well. A human can dream.

Words cannot describe how much want.

*Sigh* Even if they don't do it we still have the beatle bronies.

I hope the return of Trixie and Discord is related. Like, Trixie accidentally releases him, or she becomes his student. The juicy contrast between two student teacher duos is too much to resist.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Is it bad I want to see a Seinfeld bass slap style transition in at least one part...
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 13

Character List:
Name: Ferrous
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://ferrousoxidemolecule.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:36 am

Ferrous_Oxide wrote:Is it bad I want to see a Seinfeld bass slap style transition in at least one part...
Nope! Not bad at all.

I also want to see LotR references. (I know there were one or two already) Not sure how, not sure why, but I do. So long as it's not a Tom Bombadil song; I don't think even Fluttershy could redeem those after I heard them in the audiobooks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down