Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite episode of season 2?

+4
Formis_Fluttergod
RoboRed
CamoBadger
Kippershy
8 posters

Go down

Favourite episode of season 2? Empty Favourite episode of season 2?

Post by Kippershy Thu May 10, 2012 5:58 pm

There doesn't seem to be any rules against making a thread not based on one particular episode in this part of the forum - as long as its related to the show itself, right?
(I'm new.)

So, question - which was YOUR favourite episode of the second series now that it's all finished and the last episode hype has begun to ware off?

I know it's tempting to simply say the finale because its fresh in the mind - and I will admit it was simply amazing, truly magnificent.
However, I'm going to say that as truly amazing as the two finale episodes were, they were designed to send the series off with a bang and thus, I wont choose them.

However, my favourite episode, despite Fluttershy being my favourite mane six character, has to be episode 4 - Luna Eclipsed.
Luna is my favourite supporting character (narrowly beating Derpy, followed by Lyra) - the animation in that particular episode was also amazing in a strange way, not so much a technical one like the over the shoulder movement with Fluttershy tied to her chair in the episode with Iron Will (With the door in the background) or even how Pinkie manages to move perfectly to the beat in Smile Smile Smile (Saw a youtube video breaking down both piece by piece, really made me appreciate it a lot more).

But instead, episode four with Twilights costume and such... it feels... and sounds... comfortable, on the eyes and ears.

I loved Luna coming back, and I loved her new look.

All on all, Luna Eclipsed was my favourite episode, even if the royal wedding episodes trumped it in a lot of ways.

What about you?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Favourite episode of season 2? Empty Re: Favourite episode of season 2?

Post by CamoBadger Thu May 10, 2012 6:05 pm

You're good, this board is for any kind of show discussion, and favorite episode is definitely show discussion.

This question is a tough one, and honestly I don't think I can just pick one. I loved aspects of every episode, and didn't like other parts of them. As for the story of an episode, I've gotta say the finale took the cake on that (but as you said, that was the goal to finish it up), but as for comedy you cannot beat Return of Harmony pt. 2 (at least to me).

Luna Eclipsed was definitely one of the ones I enjoyed more than others, probably because we finally got to see Luna again, and the whole premise was amazing!

Hurricane Fluttershy was another awesome one for me, mostly due to every pegasus being a different look (this is the only episode I've seen such diversity among background ponies), plus Cloudchaser is awesome.

Yeah, I can't choose Applebloom
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 10, 2012 6:47 pm

For me, it's a toss-up between Lesson Zero and A Canterlot Wedding.

Lesson Zero mostly because I just LOVE Twilight. Favourite episode of season 2? 524433800 But I also think the episode is one of the best choices as an introduction to MLP:FiM. It breaks the notion of any girly pink lovey stuff, you get to see Fluttershy (apparently) breaking a bear's neck, Rainbow Dash demolishing a barn with karate kicks and an explosion, and Twilight absolutely flipping out in the second half of the episode.

Canterlot Wedding was just epic in general. Plenty of action, awesome and moving song pieces - It played out like a classic Disney movie. What drags it down, however, are several plot holes and unanswered questions. But overall, it's just amazing.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu May 10, 2012 7:41 pm

My favourite episode? That would be... No wait, I think... How about... Ah, that's it!
I'm 100% certain of my one uncertain answer.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 am

The Last Roundup. And NOT because of Derpy (an amazing moment, yes, but not the focus of the episode for me). More pop culture references, the two best kinds of Pinkie interactions (annoying AJ and Rarity, even weaponized!) along with a chase scene thrown in. There was even a background story with one of my favourite background characters (intentional or not). Probably not the best for everyone, but I loved it.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri May 11, 2012 4:30 pm

The last rounderp was decent, I quite liked it, but for some reason that one didn't really stand out for me.

I'm amazed there's been no episodes that I actually disliked, unlike season 1 where the CMC episodes were often a little boring or annoying to me, even the cutie pox episode turned out pretty entertaining.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Fri May 11, 2012 5:29 pm

I think The Return Of Harmony (I can choose both parts, right?) tops the list for me. Discord is just such an excellent character...

Following that up by a little bit would have to be A Canterlot Wedding, MMMystery On The Friendship Express, Luna Eclipsed and Lesson Zero - in no particular order.

Needless to say, I loved all of Season 2 (as I more-or-less did for season 1) - but this latest season is just so much more FUN and ad me smiling a lot more (especially that song). Rainbow
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue May 22, 2012 3:36 pm

The ones with Rainbow Dash in it. Favourite episode of season 2? 3845856932

Seriously though, Hurricane Fluttershy is my favorite, followed by Luna Eclipsed. The first because character development and Pegasi are totally radical, and the second because night rocks the hell out of day. Sisterhooves Social gets third place because it's secretly the best episode of FiM of all time really cute and heartwarming.

The thing about Return of Harmony is that they were originally supposed to be the finale episodes for season 1. Taken in that context, Return of Harmony probably gets less credit than is due. Lesson Zero immediately one-upped it, and Canterlot Wedding blows everything out of the water anyways. Except writing. Cramming a full-length movie into 40 minutes didn't quite work out perfectly, but it did go spectacularly.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Favourite episode of season 2? Empty Re- Favourite episode of season 2

Post by Rainbow_crash Sat May 26, 2012 6:08 am

Oh, why must you make me choose! Rage

- But I will do my best:
I really enjoyed series 2 and in particular episode 18 "A friend in Deed" and here is why...

1- Pinkie Pie being her over-the-top super-hyperactive self
2- The Pinkie Pie Smile song never fails to make me happy (I know all the words!) Queen Pinkie Pie

3- It highlights the extreme lengths Pinkie will go to to have just one more happy friend
4- It even shows Rainbow Dash reading more of the adventure novels Twilight had previously introduced to her
5- Pinkie Pie is just so darn cute, this you cannot dispute
Rainbow_crash
Rainbow_crash
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 12:58 am

Um. Well. Uh. I guess...

I have no idea. They were all really, really good. Season 2 felt like it was really in a groove.

Canterlot Wedding got me just a bit misty eyed with the BBBFF song... Baby Cakes had the least annoying insane infant characters I'd ever seen... Luna Eclipsed was just plain cool... Last Roundup had tons of funny moments ("Raritycatchme")... The show in general focused less on the "frou-frou" stuff that some (great) season one episodes emphasized, which was a pretty bold thing to do - savvy and bold.

I can't decide, I really can't. Can't even call the episodes I mentioned my top picks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down