Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elements of Nature Planning (Name might be changed when it starts.)

+4
Moonlight
Octavia
CamoBadger
Linguz
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Elements of Nature Planning (Name might be changed when it starts.) Empty Elements of Nature Planning (Name might be changed when it starts.)

Post by Linguz Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Over on another site, I created a roleplay that lasted for quite a while. I want to know how many would be interested and thoughts on the plot and such.

The plot: Anything and everything might change given feedback.
Spoiler:

The character template:
Spoiler:

Species: Ask me to include any that'd you'd like, and I'll look into them.
Spoiler:

I will be making my character soon. I have it all done, but I'd rather get it in when I see other people take interest in this.

Last edited by Linguz on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Brohoof! : 10

Character List:
Name: Nidal
Sex: Female
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

Elements of Nature Planning (Name might be changed when it starts.) Empty Re: Elements of Nature Planning (Name might be changed when it starts.)

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 pm

OH
MY
GOD
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'll make a character and get it to you ASAP if it's okay for me to join...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Elements of Nature Planning (Name might be changed when it starts.) Empty Re: Elements of Nature Planning (Name might be changed when it starts.)

Post by Linguz Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:12 pm

All are welcome. I'd prefer you to make the character in the thread here or when I make the actual one. I will deny characters I deem overpowered though.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Question to anypony who is thinking about joining:

Should this be a pony or human RP? The species will be kept relatively the same no matter the choice, so decide upon being or not being humanoid creatures.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Pony is my choice, and I'm totally in.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Arvena
Species: Nord

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Another update: Each of the 6 bards of chaos will use an instrument. Which is still undecided. I'll talk to you about that Auth, as you have more knowledge on bard characters.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 pm

W00T - kinda makes my bards less unique though, but I LOVE bards. Music is bossome.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:06 am

this souunds pretty intense!
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Crumble Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:29 am

I want to join too Elements of Nature Planning (Name might be changed when it starts.) 2182320263this looks exciting
Apple Crumble
Apple Crumble
Earth Pony

Character List:
Name: Apple Crumble
Sex: Male
Species: Earth pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 am

Not sure if will join, watching
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:41 pm

should at least give it a stab spitfire - this RP was awesome on the last forum, and the new updates will make it more interesting I'm sure. I just hope we get further in the story this time.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Alright, but a few things:
1: are we ponies then?
2: is there a formal rules set?
3: is there any dice rolling?
4: how do I make a char, and what kind of char?
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:26 pm

1) Yes.
2) What do you mean?
3) Actually... yes.
4) Look at the character creation outline.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:38 pm

I mean, DND has set rules, are we playing like a traditional RPG where the DM adlibs whatever, but follows structure, a computer RPG, where everything is solid in rules, or full addlib?
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Dice rolling? Coo this just got about 20% cooler
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Hmmm...interesting...I'd have to think up a character but I will join if enough others do...
Permafrost
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:59 am

Spitfire wrote:I mean, DND has set rules, are we playing like a traditional RPG where the DM adlibs whatever, but follows structure, a computer RPG, where everything is solid in rules, or full addlib?

You'll have to explain each of them a bit more. I have never played DnD and what is that last word?
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:14 pm

ad-lib, sorry. basically making it up as we go.

and let's see, what I mean is, there is a system, a rule book that explains all, but the dungeon master is free to change things. so while there are rules in place, the GM can change them at will
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:29 pm

And are you asking about overall or just a single specific thing?
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Stupid me. I looked up.

Rules as in you can't do specific actions? No.

What was the Assassin's Creed in Assassin's Creed? All is permitted is part of it I remember.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Looked it up. First part does not apply.

What I'm going by is: Nothing is forbidden. All is permitten.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Now, how should I do stats? I'm thinking 3 main ones: Strength, Agility, and Intellect. These would either supply a flat bonus to the dice roll or a multiplier, depending on the task. You'd get a set amount of points to split between them. I'm not sure whether to include things like Charm and Will though.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:07 pm

I don't have much experience with RP's where you roll dice, so I don't know if it would be better to have those stats or not.
Based on my assumption about it, I think it might be a good idea to have those. A stronger pony would then have more influence in something that requires strength, rather than everypony being equal in everything; just seems to make it more realistic in my opinion.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:11 pm

And it'll give the entire thing a chance of something happening instead of something like "his punch hit him and sent him flying across the room."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Nothing is true; everything is permitted. Assassin's Creed.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Alright. Well, the first part, like I said, doesn't apply to this RP.

After I decide how I'll make the story and make it, probably at school tomorrow or the day after. I'll also decide where things will be placed in this version of Natures.

After that, I'll start it. Probably next week unless I'm gone on vacations.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Strength, Intelligence and Agility are the things I was planning on for the DnD RP, unfortunately procrastination got in the way of me finishing the system. I was thinking of those being the overall stats, and then there would be a sub-skill system - I.E. Magic, Sneak, Hand-to-Hand - basically a Bethesda game system, but simplified and the GM would award experience/levels to stats upon success in a certain task. Problem for me was dumbing it down enough to do online, so I've put off finishing it and continuing the DnD RP until the break when I'll have enough time to finish it up.

I was planning on making the Overall stats (strength ect.) be the base for the other stats, then a bonus to those other stats as you progress through the game. Then the enemies would have base stats as well, and that would effect the chances of dice rolling. Problem is I keep getting too complex XD.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 pm

I could get it nice and all that. I probably will. I don't want to use weapon skills as a sub-skill of Strength because that will be meh. If I get an equal amount of sub-skills for each of them.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Well, if you don't wish to use weapons as skills under strength, IDK what you would use. I can't think of a subskill for strength besides the normal weapon wielding skills. As for other stats, there are dozens of skills from all kinds of systems you could use - sneak - lockpick - repair - magic (which could be split up further if wanted) - alchemy (poisons, materials that junk, not magic) - languages ect. ect. ect. but strength I can't think of any for XD.

problem is I have no experience with stat systems simpler than Skyrim (Skyrim is pretty simple compared to most games I've played).
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 pm

I'll make it. I'm thinking the main stat gives a solid bonus while the smaller stat gives a multiplier to the boost if that's the one that's used. Or the other way around. The multiplier would be small though. Like 100 would give only 2x or 3x the bonus.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next