Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:34 am

lightsaber lulz:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:39 am

Watched the trailer. From the perspective of someone who has never watched a Star Wars movies I don't think this is gonna get me in a theater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:29 am

Last wrote:From the perspective of someone who has never watched a Star Wars movies
How are you a member of society?

On an unrelated note, I saw ME!ME!ME! (which I can't link here). KLK has been dethroned as the most disturbingly sexual high-quality non-hentai animu vid.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Mister Frost wrote:All I know is, that new light-claymore seems a bit tame. Luckily, 

That's been rectified:

Also, comments on a military facebook page:

"So was it just me or did the storm-troopers in the star-wars trailer actually look competent"
>"The empire must be cracking down on white socks and haircuts"

One thing about that Fractal Saber: Those extra blades on the shaft are impossible

If they were like the ones closer to the hilt, it would be fine, but how can you have emitters on the blade itself?

(There's also a chainsaw gif version, or so my wife tells me XD)

As for competent stormtroopers; that's nothing new. In the books, Stormtroopers kick ass, unless there's a main character in the vicinity

They must have actual names; every other Stormtrooper is part of the very extensive Wilhelm family that breeds like rabbits and dies like lemmings

-

Caller number Five reporting in for the Sev Support Group; Delta Squad appeared in the Clone Wars TV series - briefly - but that at least confirms they're canon (Although Republic Commando itself is now part of the "Legends" canon...)

So Sev might still be alive and well with Delta Squad; hell, maybe they'll get another cameo in Star Wars Rebels
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:

Caller number Five reporting in for the Sev Support Group; Delta Squad appeared in the Clone Wars TV series - briefly - but that at least confirms they're canon (Although Republic Commando itself is now part of the "Legends" canon...)

So Sev might still be alive and well with Delta Squad; hell, maybe they'll get another cameo in Star Wars Rebels
Aye, but it's been nine years. I'd hoped that Traviss would give Sev some resolution, but LucasArts apparently expressly forbid her from doing anything with Sev's ending and she ended up rage-quitting before she finished the RepCom books (which is another thing that I've been waiting five years for). Given the crazy state of the EU after the partition, I'm not all that optimistic that Sev will get any closure.

Right now, I have one hope for the new films, which is that I really want Mara Jade to become a full-on character. Mara kicked fucking ass and she's probably the single most popular EU character next to Thrawn.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Lightsabers:

Mm...yeah; Lucas didn't want a definite end to Sev since they like to keep their options open...

An Imperial Commando game that showcases the Empire taking over planets (Pre-Rebellion era), closing down rebellions (Rebellion Era) and trying to keep their hold on their planets (Post-Rebellion era) would be a nice continuation of Delta Squad's work...

Other characters I'd love to become solid canon are Kyle Katarn, the Academy Battlemaster and Jaden Korr

Plus, Kyle trained Mara, so...win-win

*grumbles* We can dream, I guess
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:23 pm

tbh, I was in shock, when heard that anything starting from Dark Forces and to Jedi Academy was not canon anymore, despite the fact, that it was made by LucasArts.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Yeah, those are old games that some consider to be up there with the Thrawn Trilogy in being the foundation of the Expanded Universe

I still play Outcast and Academy to this day and enjoy them immensely

"No bounty on you...what a shame":
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:54 pm

That's a shame, really. I really enjoyed Outcast/Academy. Kyle Katarn was easily one of my favorite characters from the Expanded Universe. Hopefully we'll get to see at least a few familiar faces from other games/books in Episode VIII.

Good memories from Jedi Academy, though. Anyone here also played the lugormod?
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:01 pm

No, but I've played Jedi Academy MP for few years. But not that mod.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:06 pm

#Gainaxing
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Because Equality.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:08 pm

It's possible that you've seen an older version of this picture.

http://dirkloechel.deviantart.com/art/Size-Comparison-Science-Fiction-Spaceships-398790051
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:42 pm

I've just beated DA:I...it was AWESOME. Haven't complete 2 or 3 'board' missions though. And all of the DLC's they will release in future (duh).
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:03 pm

Dayum. 

I thought I was going fast and I'm not even through the first real part of the main quest. I have been doing a whole shitton of side quests though.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:10 pm

I had very little sleep, cuz of DA:I so...I've beated it in a week or so :D
Couldn't find all the shards and one dragon though..might be in location, that was closed for me or...will be in DLC.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Isn't it awesome?

I bitched about the 360 version's graphics for the first hour of gameplay. I was then consumed by how fucking excellent the game is for the next fifteen.

This is so unbelievably true:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:16 pm

My character had half-closed eyes in all cut-scenes...net time I'll make character, his/her eyes will be like on 2nd frame.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:18 pm

That's a dangerous road. My elf has eyes that are slightly too freakishly gigantic, but it's far too late to change her now. I'll have to remember that when I eventually get on to a Qunari playthrough.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:59 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:#Gainaxing

Is it a bad thing that I can't tell if the first person is being judgemental over anime tits or if they're joking?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:49 pm

Yeah, on reflection, she was kind of a chode in that movie. That's what I dislike about FiM's writing--for all the supposed "character-driven" plots, and all the praise it gets for its distinctive characters, it's worse than a lot of other shows at screwing with established characterization for the sake of the plot, and for bringing out the near-forgotten "quirks" of the characters' personalities at the perfect moment to make them absolutely intolerable.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:25 am

Yes, that last point is something I've noticed as well.

"Twilight, don't stress over dumb shit."
"A'ight" *Flips shit over another assignment from Celestia due to the questionable fucking relationship there*

"Fluttershy, quit pussyfooting your way through life and grow a pair."
"A'ight" *Breaks down in tears because someone frowned at her*

"Applejack, work that stick out of your ass."
"A'ight" *Works self and whole family to death*
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:45 am

Eh, I find that the way problems are dealt with in the show (in the slice-of-life sense, not the "rampaging demon" sense) is hard to relate to. Perhaps I'm, like, Type-A personality, or "assertive", or just kind of an asshole, but my response to dealing with a 'bully' or the general jackasses that the cast deal with generally isn't as kind as theirs. That's not even just a civilian thing--me and other lower-enlisted guys have gotten E5's and E6's who were being retarded to shut the fuck up (their duty to enforce discipline does not entitle them to abuse, belittle, or harass their subordinates, and anyone with a spine is free to stand up to them)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:45 am

@Kyle Katarn, Traviss must've loved him too, considering what she named the RC's iconic badass armor.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:20 am

I think we all know how Jesus feels:

Also, this is inspiring
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:42 am

Tonight I dreamed that I was being stalked by Slenderman.

He annoyed me so much that I counter-stalked him. This really through off his groove.

Turns out he was just being *-dere.

I think he was sorry in the end. Stopped bothering me.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:47 am

Also, don't underestimate the power of the internet and memes when it comes to marketing and reviving old careers:

Eating the Subway (fast-food), the radio was playing "Never Gonna Give You Up". Unironically, as far as I can judge.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:18 am

@Swicked: Yeah... they really keep throwing Rainbow under the buss because of plot con or "character development". Whether or not it actually contradicts their prior lessons or actions.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:50 pm

My problem with the shows writing is that they have trouble reflecting the characters growth and showing hints of the character's complexity in episodes that don't focus on them. Pinkie gets surprisingly complex and sympathetic in Party of One and Pinkie Pride, but becomes a brainless idiot with a very punchable face in Three's a Crowd or Fili Vanili. Lets not even get on the topic of Spike who has like 4 different characterizations.

Last edited by Downloaded Skill on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Swicked: Yeah... they really keep throwing Rainbow under the buss because of plot con or "character development". Whether or not it actually contradicts their prior lessons or actions.
That seems to be the case for pretty much all of them, sadly. One of the things I don't like so much about MLP is that none of the characters ever seem capable of retaining the lessons they've learned once they've moved beyond the individual episodes. Fluttershy is a particularly notable offender of this. No matter how many times she supposedly overcomes her timid nature, you can bet that she'll be right back to it once the next episode rolls around.

In other news, this is absolutely brilliant.
Spoiler:
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next