Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:13 am

I usually find a lot of stuff by accident way before everyone else intentionally does.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:38 am

Happy Fat Day, mentlegen. 

And, on this day as on all 'Murican holidays......you're welcome
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:39 am

*rolls eyes*
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:39 pm

There is a bat flying in the mess.

After seeing cat shit in some of its corners some times ago... I'm not surprised.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Epsilon wrote:A pleasure to meet you, Kyle and Cobalt.

And yes, a happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!

By the way, I noticed there was an associated (invite-only) group on Steam. Does anyone still use that? The relevant threads seem rather old now...
Welcome to the forum, hope you'll stick around! As a part of joining you get an (imaginary) gift! Pick one of the following: a shotgun, a bottle of whiskey, or infinite sanity (don't pick the sanity, you'll miss out on all the fun Twilight crazy).
As for the steam group, I started it...and then let it fall apart, then someone else picked it up for a while...and then it fell apart again, so don't expect much activity from the group.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Damn it, Cobalt. I AFK to go see my folks and you go and talk about Madoka Magica and Worm?

@Madoka
Have you seen Rebellion yet? It's excellent. It takes everything that was amazing about the show (art, writing, characters, yuri undertones) and ramps it up to eleven. Without giving anything away, let's just say that the ending is so fucking beautiful that it leaves you horrified.

@Worm
Worm is excellent and you should read it.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Scienza wrote:Damn it, Cobalt. I AFK to go see my folks and you go and talk about Madoka Magica and Worm?

@Madoka
Have you seen Rebellion yet? It's excellent. It takes everything that was amazing about the show (art, writing, characters, yuri undertones) and ramps it up to eleven. Without giving anything away, let's just say that the ending is so fucking beautiful that it leaves you horrified.

@Worm
Worm is excellent and you should read it.
Ha, that about sums my timing up. Hope the visit with the folks was nice!

@Madoka
No, though I know it exists. I'm thinking I should wait a bit on seeing it, let the first ending sink in and settle before starting the sequel.

@Worm
Cool cool. I've had it open in a tab for a while now, just waiting on some time when I don't have a book to read and have some spare time. Might wait on the ebook version the author says is coming eventually in the FAQ, depends on when the need to read hits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Might wait on the ebook version the author says is coming eventually in the FAQ, depends on when the need to read hits.
You can find links to fan made ebooks in the comments for the FAQ if you want to start reading sooner.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:27 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Might wait on the ebook version the author says is coming eventually in the FAQ, depends on when the need to read hits.
You can find links to fan made ebooks in the comments for the FAQ if you want to start reading sooner.
Nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:40 pm

Today has been quite good; I've found decent equipment with which to start a one-man music project for under $500. Now, I just need to wrap my head around splicing together instrumentals, vocals, and programmed drums...

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:07 am

Happy Thanksgiving, guys. Twilight Sparkle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:08 am

I feel like sharing some tracks from the OST of Aldnoah.Zero because they are amazing even out of outside of the show.
Heavenly Blue (OP)
Bre@th//less
MKAlieZ
Apologies for the tumblr soundcloud links since there are no uploads on Youtube of the original tracks.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:03 am

@Robo
You to-- HE'S ALIVE!
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:31 am

Stringtheory wrote:As a part of joining you get an (imaginary) gift! Pick one of the following: a shotgun, a bottle of whiskey, or infinite sanity (don't pick the sanity, you'll miss out on all the fun).

As if there was ever any question. [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 XSPoMvb

Shame about the Steam group, though. Anyways, if anyone wants to add me sometime, here's my Steam profile.
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:22 am

Playing DA:I.
This is so far my most favorite bard song in this game
Spoiler:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:08 pm

People take things way too seriously

No, I am not trying to say SHARP training feminizes you, I'm just saying 'does your winter uniform include skirts' because the 'uniform' that pops into my mind when it's mentioned are typical anime uniforms, which have skirts year-round because anime

Happy Thanksgiving!:

AFTER THREE AND A HALF HOURS, I EMERGE VICTORIOUS FROM MONOPOLY

Hotels on Red, Green and Yellow properties

Gets 'em every time...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:14 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:People take things way too seriously

No, I am not trying to say SHARP training feminizes you, I'm just saying 'does your winter uniform include skirts' because the 'uniform' that pops into my mind when it's mentioned are typical anime uniforms, which have skirts year-round because anime
Ah, so it wasn't a clumsy attempt at an insult, it was just the goddamn dumbest joke I think anyone's made on the forum since its launch. Did you honestly think that anyone, at all, would find the question of "do your [military] winter uniforms include skirts?" funny because some fictional uniforms include skirts? 

Here, let me try:

"Vinyl, how much does your son want to kill you in your sleep? Because you're a parent, and some parents beat their children. lol im so random."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Katarn wrote:Playing DA:I.
This is so far my most favorite bard song in this game
I've heard some good (and bad) things about that game. What's your take on it so far? Music is indeed quite good, at least.
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Well, I damn that game for driving me to insomnia :D
It's good, even with my ~4 y.o. PC picture is nice, I love dialogues in story in it. Some stuff I'd improve. MP is..sort of repetitive and include 'buy stuff for real money or spend alot time in game'.
There's good written world, so I'd recommend watch (for example) Angry Joe's review on this game
link
Be warned, (minor) spoilers inside. For most part I agree with him.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Seems like a pretty solid title, I think I might pick it up sometime. Might have to play the first Dragon Age game first though, since I'm unfamiliar with the series and its lore. A shame about the macrotransactions for multiplayer, though. EA's influence, no doubt. :S
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:28 pm

I watched a movie called Rubber on netflix last night, then I looked it up on rottentomatoes. The consensus was it was a clever movie apparently, I wonder how much of that has to do with the opening in which one of the main characters adresses the audience directly after his assistant runs over a bunch of the world's flimsiest chairs and lets him out of the trunk. He then goes on a short speech how the the alien in ET is brown for no reason (He gives a few other examples of movies having shit in them that is done for no reason) and then proceeds to use that as an excuse for nothing in this movie making sense.

I don't wanna take the movie seriously. I don't think it's supposed to be taken seriousy. But I don't agree that it was clever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Last wrote:I watched a movie called Rubber on netflix last night, then I looked it up on rottentomatoes. The consensus was it was a clever movie apparently, I wonder how much of that has to do with the opening in which one of the main characters adresses the audience directly after his assistant runs over a bunch of the world's flimsiest chairs and lets him out of the trunk. He then goes on a short speech how the the alien in ET is brown for no reason (He gives a few other examples of movies having shit in them that is done for no reason) and then proceeds to use that as an excuse for nothing in this movie making sense.

I don't wanna take the movie seriously. I don't think it's supposed to be taken seriously. But I don't agree that it was clever.
Yeah Rubber was weird, and I have to agree that being meta is not a free pass.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Agreed on that point. I'm currently playing Saint's Row 4, having picked it up with the Humble Bundle, and I'm enjoying it immensely--the way it handles its meta jokes is quite amusing, such as Keith David's very presence (after his character, Julius, was killed off earlier in the series, Keith David, as Keith David, was introduced and is mentioned as "sounding just like Julius") or his remark of "I even acted in a few video games. Then again, video games aren't known for their great storytelling"

Except in certain circumstances (such as, again, SR4's Enter The Dominatrix, wherein the content is presented as a film that the actors--the characters themselves--comment on) outright fourth-wall breaking in a work of fiction is rarely entertaining.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Valikdu wrote:BP: War in Heaven, on the other hand, is completely sublime.

Addendum. BP: WiH: Tenebra (Release 2) is beyond categorizing.

I can't even fathom how much effort went into creating each of those missions.

The writing is great. The "dreamscape" all-dialogue sections in between missions are very organic and don't feel out of place.

And...
-Sometimes the story decides to really unsettle you.
Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:54 pm

For any Star Wars fans out there, the official trailer to Episode VII was released. Not really sure what to think, to be honest.
Spoiler:
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:18 pm

...And here I'm still waiting to find out what happens to Sev.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:23 pm

You and me both.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:43 pm

And I make three.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Four.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:54 am

All I know is, that new light-claymore seems a bit tame. Luckily, 

That's been rectified:

Also, comments on a military facebook page:

"So was it just me or did the storm-troopers in the star-wars trailer actually look competent"
>"The empire must be cracking down on white socks and haircuts"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next