Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+4
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Vinylshadow
Harmony Ltd.
8 posters

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 4 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Whipped this together in a pony maker, sue me

Rose Eye Concept:

I like white and red
As if my icon didn't give it away
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 4 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Harmony wrote:Re Rose Eye's appearance, what about a white coat instead of a red one. Blood red flowing mane, pure white coat and green eyes. Makes for more contrast, give her a less "bloodthirsty" external appearance. And there exist white roses as there exist red ones.

Thoughts?
Eh… Maybe. I don't know, though. You really think it would be better?

Harmony wrote:founded by a certain Babs Seed
Please note, readers of this thread, that this is probably a mistake.
(Sorry, Harmony, but, well, it is, and I don't want people getting confused.)

Vinylshadow wrote:Whipped this together in a pony maker, sue me

Rose Eye Concept:

I like white and red
As if my icon didn't give it away
Huh, that does look pretty good after all. Thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Ah, yes; from the first page of the first thread:
O. Hinds wrote:As an aside, Babs might have ended up involved with the Elusive. This area of my headcanon doesn't have much detail, but I recall thinking that she might have gone to work for Apple Pancake Enterprises and that they did a lot of work on the ship. Not sure, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Red Eye had a nice contrast with black mane and red coat

Red Eye:

Although I'd rather have someone like Protege (From Murky Number 7) take over Red Eye's operations
Can't really see the rest of the slavers liking that though, they're too used to abusing ponies
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Oh, if Rose Eye had taken over Fillydelphia without a war going on at the time, a lot of the slavers wouldn't have liked her either. Mostly because she'd order them purged. Rose Eye's core supporters are Red Eye's most fanatical troops and the foals who grew up with her and see her as a big sister/mother figure and protector, not the ordinary slavers.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Wonder if any of the Anti-Pipites have ever assaulted the SPP Tower she's locked in.... or bound to?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:59 pm

The SPP Hub isn't a tower...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Yeah, it took me a while to catch up with that one, but the SPP Hub / Neighvarro is actually a floating construct.

According to the descriptions, I'd see it like a mix between Cloudsdale and Laputa, in term of solid/cloud.

Probably closest to a giant, static Thunderhead?

Anyway, to answer the stream of stuff I haven't answered back yet...

Re Steel Rangers:

Well, I think the first thing is, the Steel Rangers continuing to focus on their isolationism will slowly have to face the fact the world is rapidly changing, when they'll see civilization popping back up all around them. In a decade or two they'll be in a situation where a position of strict isolationism will be simply untenable, made even worse when they'll realize they simply aren't the top dogs they once were, in term of technology and firepower. Reality is coming to come down crashing on them: either integrate with the rest of the Wasteland, like the AJ Rangers did (who are now at the heart of one of the most powerful organization on the Peninsula), or fade away like tears in the rain.
My guess is you'll see a number of diet "Steelhooves" (because I doubt it'll be easy to equal, let alone top the original bastard), who'll try to shake things up so that the Steel Rangers don't fade away and stay relevant, somehow. These are the ones most likely to contact other powers and try to strike deals.

Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Either way, if some faction got the materials and ordinance together, they could probably launch an assault on it

just something to think about; there's plenty out there who seem to have it out for the Lightbringer

I suggested some Steel Rangers would possibly defect to factions that would accept their services
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Now I'm curious:

Hinds, do you think it would be possible that the Enclave Remnants would have abandoned Neighvarro after a while, once they started consolidating their position in Friedrichshorfen, or do you think it would still to this day be theirs?

The second option would be interesting, as it would mean there would be a piece of a foreign Nation floating above one of the NCR's state (Maripony), which would also be occupied by the Lightbringer -and- Celestia.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I had totally neglected Neighvarro in those equations.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:00 pm

I think Littlepip may have allowed the Enclave to keep Neighvarro, if only because it was their capital at the time she seized the SPP Hub.

I mean, yeah she's an asshole, but she has some amount of self-control, as little as that may be.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Was it? I thought that their capital was the Grand Council's Thunderhead?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

High Council, sorry, but yes.
Kkat wrote:“You said the Enclave only had four of those,” I pointed out, hoping I didn’t sound accusatory.
“Ayep. An’ two o’ ‘em are permanently assigned. One’s at Neighvarro an’ the other is the home o’ the High Council.”
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Man, It's been like two years since I read FoE. Haven't re-read it since then. Seems like this is starting to show.

Still, wasn't Neighvarro the GPE's most important population center, the real "heart" of their civilization?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Well, it was their biggest military base.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Which also means that it might have been the site of some of the most intense fighting in the civil war.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Hmm... Indeed, but then, they couldn't just up and abandon it, now, could they? It still had great strategic importance, something worth fighting for.

So the question would be: did Littlepip and the Enclave cooperate to keep the Bitters out of Neighvarro? Or was it a complete free for all?

All things considered, the former seems more likely. But then, the Enclave could hardly keep pretending it stayed neutral in the Bitter War (the external war, not the civil war), if it got assistance from Queen Bitch of the Surfacers in person.

So that would mean repeated Bitter attacks against Friedrichshorfen. And thus probably a warming of the relationship between the Enclave and the NCR. And not having anything more to fear, the Enclave may go full swing in trading technology and weapons for food.

Which would mean an even quicker end to the Bitter War.

So to even things out the Bitters would have to be even more ruthless and downright murderously insane to keep the degree of destruction and terror they would have wrought consistent.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:26 pm

This would also mean that the Enclave could not stay as isolationist as it was.

Will have to revise the bits about Friedrishchorfen, Neo Cloudsdale and the GPE in general to reflect that. No pega-supremacist apartheid, for starter.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:28 pm

Alternatively, the Loyalists just looked around, grabbed everything in Neighvarro they could carry, and ran for the hills.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:31 pm

I suggest we go with that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Oh, and we're in our third thread! :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Dammit, the move ate my reply.

Anyway, abridged version of what I was saying:

From a strategic and tactical standpoint, moving dozens of thousand of people toward a place with no infrastructure to support them, while figthing a defensive operation in crowded city streets AND while stealing everything that isn't firmly bolted to the ground seems like a really risky proposal. I think the Enclave's leadership might have assessed better chances by holing up its forces in Neighvarro, retreating in entrenched positions and trying to protect as much as they could the civilian population.

On the other hand, I could see all the other lesser settlements relocating to FSF (Friedrichshorfen shortened) in the span of six month, as it would be a far better defensible position, allowing them to consolidate their defense. Though the food supply would become a real concern for the pegasi. So they could sign relatively early the "Food for Weapons and Technologies" treaty with the NCR.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:55 pm

I got the impression that Neighvarro was one big military base.

As I mentioned in the doc, there's also Draconia for a food supply. A nice, neutral party that won't get the Bitters attacking the Remnants.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:57 pm

True.

From what the pegasi in Thunderhead says in PH regarding Neighvarro, my understanding was that it was the most important population center in the Enclave. I may be misremembering, though.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Hopefully they'll have learned their lesson and just take what they're given 

*snorts*

Yeah...right, and I'm part zebra (No offense to any Zonies out there)
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:02 pm

I dont' remember seeing any civilians in the assault on Neighvarro in FoE.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:05 pm

In my interpretation, that was because LP's party only assaulted part of the admittedly huge complex.

I dunno.

Can you ask Somber for his interpretation?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:18 pm

I'll email you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:30 pm

I see.

We'll see about that later, then.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:32 pm

We can just say for the time being that the Remnants pulled out of Neighvarro as quickly as they could and not worry about the details too much.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next