Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S4 Episode 5-Flight to the Finish

+3
Rusty Hooves
Moodyman90
Aonee
7 posters

Go down

S4 Episode 5-Flight to the Finish Empty S4 Episode 5-Flight to the Finish

Post by Aonee Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:47 pm

I really liked this one, I felt like it have good character development for Scootaloo, and they kept it open whether she will or won't fly.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

S4 Episode 5-Flight to the Finish Empty Re: S4 Episode 5-Flight to the Finish

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:28 pm

I really liked the songs. And the message of working together, unity and harmony was a good one as well.
I also think last weeks messages was done better here as well. Don't forget how awesome you are by focusing on how awesome others are. After all, Scoot was obsessed with flying because her hero Rainbow flew when she carried the flag.

Also to not listen to people actively trying to put you down instead of offering legitimate criticisms or advice.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Hooves Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:42 pm

The animators are working 30 times harder this season: lighting, facial expressions, fluid movement, pony crunches (Amazing work in every way)
The songs were freaking great. Finding a mp3 of hearts as strong as horses now.  Scootaloo 
 I like how the CMC's have become an amazing team and have become awesome at everything by working so hard on everything a pony can do, RD, Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara have figured that out already.

Speaking of Rainbow dash, I loved her trying to be professional, even though Harshwhinny's outburst was completely expected since RD started containing her excitement.  Rainbow 

I was smiling and jumping in my seat the entire time I was watching this episode.  I did the same thing last episode too, and the one before that... This season has been so freaking great and I cant wait for the next episode to come out. 
oh yeah and this guy:
 Roid Rage  even though he didn't YEAH all over the place
Rusty Hooves
Rusty Hooves
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 4
Location : Illinois/ Indiana, America (depending on if Im on college break)

Character List:
Name: Raucous 'Rusty' Hearthstone
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Rusty Hooves wrote:The animators are working 30 times harder this season: lighting, facial expressions, fluid movement, pony crunches (Amazing work in every way)
I can only imagine what it'd look like if the animators of Naruto tried the same thing. But enough of that, I already derailed an entire episode thread because of Naruto.
The animation is definitely much improved, but that was never in question, now was it? If nothing else the animation (aside from the weird CGI timber wolves) has always been great in FiM and one of the few things which's quality people don't constantly argue about. Spike
In terms of story and character integrity and I'd say this episode's been the best of season 4 so far. Everyone were in character and the character development in Scootaloo's case was done perfectly.
The song was nice. Not the best Daniel Ingram has made, but that's just a matter of taste.
The lesson wasn't controversial for once and pretty clear to figure out, that's a plus for the kids. Applebloom 

Now, if my memory doesn't deceive me this was the first glimpse we got from Scootaloo's home, or at least her own room, no parents anywhere. In the middle of the day they might've been away working, but you never know... Twilight crazy 
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Let me start out by saying the DT and SS are now officially on my list of ponies that need to be sent to the glue factory. I don't care how many freudian excuses people think that duo have, being annoying jerks is one thing, actively pointing out another filly's inability to overcome a hurdle just to sabotage the competition is absolutely unacceptable.

Other than those two little shits, the episode was great. The music was spectacular, the animation superb, and the jokes were hilarious. All of that combined with it being a Scootaloo centric episode have placed this episode as a top contender for my favorite episode of the season.

Five head-banging Scootaloos out of Five.
 Scootaloo  Scootaloo  Scootaloo  Scootaloo  Scootaloo 

Oh, and was it just me or was Ms. Harshwhinney a lot snootier in this episode than in her last appearance?
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:
Now, if my memory doesn't deceive me this was the first glimpse we got from Scootaloo's home, or at least her own room, no parents anywhere. In the middle of the day they might've been away working, but you never know... Twilight crazy 

At least we know she isn't living on the street or in the CMC Clubhouse. That alone is enough to kill over three-quarters of the Scootabuse Fanon.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:16 am

I thought this episode was pretty good and I normally don't like CMC episodes. Good animation and lighting, good song, lots of humor and funny facial expressions. I felt like the episode took a bit too long to get into the main conflict and sorted it out a bit too quick, but its a minor grievance. I'm honestly surprised how good it was considering this was the first episode of a new writer, I'd say he has a good understand of the characters we saw.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:I thought this episode was pretty good and I normally don't like CMC episodes.
More or less the same thing here, I usually like CMC episodes less than others, but this one was great.
I'm honestly surprised how good it was considering this was the first episode of a new writer, I'd say he has a good understanding of the characters we saw.
I couldn't help it, it's stronger than me. Spike
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Who need proof reading?
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:Who needs proof reading?
You're doing this on purpose. Twilight crazy
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Spoiler:
Overall, it was better than the rest of the season so far, and it had good lessons taught.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:33 am

CamoBadger wrote:
Of course they win, because background characters aren't allowed to win over main cast.

EVER.

Not true. Rarity and Sweetie Belle came in second in the Sisterhoove Social. Can't remember who beat them though, I think it was Dinky and Sparkler.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:47 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Spoiler:
Of course they are allowed to win, but only if it's meaningful for the plot, or at least meaningful in the eyes of the creators. Spike 

And consistency was never a strong suit of fictional universes. It's often sacrificed for the sake of the plot, that's why there's so many plotholes everywhere (I'm looking at you Mass Effect 3 How).
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 am

CamoBadger wrote:This is also the first every CMC song I liked. Pretty damn good.

But Camo thy weren't properly hydrating during their training.  Spike 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down