Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoE: Meadow's Ford

+7
StoneSlinger88
Moodyman90
Aonee
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
11 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

FoE: Meadow's Ford - Page 3 Empty Re: FoE: Meadow's Ford

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:31 pm

We Have launched the skype and will commence the game in half an hour, for those who want to sit in on the rp please get in touch from the teamspeak or the skype group we will invite you into the call.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:14 am

So, I've been sitting in for about an hour. I haven't been reading this thread, so I have no idea what's going on. It starts with the party examining some hut that has a super-bad single-shot griffin rifle and a big hole under the walls. Then they go to bed, but not before Tyler trades up from nothing to a box of 200 year old wine. The group went to sleep and two of them woke up drunk. And then something almost happens before everyone took a break from the game. So for an entire hour, basically almost nothing happened.

And yet somehow it's extremely entertaining and sometimes really funny. *Shrug* Oh, and I rolled a 666-side die because.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:57 am

As a none RPer in this game but as a listener, I do suggest reading through the thread to get a better idea of the story, save questions for after a session or directly before one starts, and, while I do throw in some jokes and comments, try not to hold up the game.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:57 am

Never forget Mr. Stumpy. The baddest no legged feral ghoul to ever lived.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:27 am

my leg won't forget mr stumpy

(also, there was a lot going on when the rage quit happened, so it wasn't fair, at all)
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:08 pm

[scrunchy face intensifies]
Seems like I missed some funny scenarios. Just when I was about to show Akapesh something, too.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:56 pm

actually I was saying it wasn't fair for you to blame the rage quit entirely on that one scenario, second it wasn't fair for me to further delay the rp by rage quitting.

finally swicked, while we did invite people to sit in upon and enjoy the role play, there were many moments when interjection from the observers inconveniently delayed our game. It was conveyed by other players that as the host of the call, I was welcome to boot anyone from the call that i wished. I did say that no, I wouldn't want to boot people because i want to show my respect for their ability to listen, while at the same time expecting them to respect the rest of the players and the GM(I have no idea why Adder does not count himself as a player, he plays more characters than the party does combined) by not interfering or delaying the game. Just like moody said, there's fun times to put a joke in here or there, but arguing world aspects in the middle of the game is not the best time to do so.

I like having other folks from the forums here, its a good sharing of our fun.

If you like, when I next host the call, I can just start booting Non-players and non-GMs when they are detracting from the game experience. I don't want to do that because I believe our group, while a little rough tongued with one another, can at least show through action a level of respect.

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:11 pm

I can see we both understand each other; I'm looking forward to having you at our next session on Saturday.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Don't worry SK, Alouette fell asleep on Akapesh's back, and when we went to the 'stable' she got cake.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Aonee wrote:Don't worry SK, Alouette fell asleep on Akapesh's back, and when we went to the 'stable' she got cake.

suspicious cake that was edible, and that flashpoint tested for alouette.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:43 pm

Dog and I are going to the park, wrap up and tl;dr later
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:02 pm

Adder currently has 1337 post as of right now. Just wanted to point that out.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:19 pm

this may account for his delay
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:09 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:this may account for his delay
It's not it's Kiki fault I keep sitting down and getting distracted, walking her one last night time tonight then writing.
Also I had two stables to build today, kind of important I got half one one done.

*Edit
Also 9 levels in BF4 and a dozen gold/equipment packs.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:14 am

Dangit
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Before wrap up Mega reply post
Derpmind wrote:So, I've been sitting in for about an hour. I haven't been reading this thread, so I have no idea what's going on. It starts with the party examining some hut that has a super-bad single-shot griffin rifle and a big hole under the walls. Then they go to bed, but not before Tyler trades up from nothing to a box of 200 year old wine. The group went to sleep and two of them woke up drunk. And then something almost happens before everyone took a break from the game. So for an entire hour, basically almost nothing happened.

And yet somehow it's extremely entertaining and sometimes really funny. *Shrug* Oh, and I rolled a 666-side die because.
The party has a bad habit of getting bogged down in the little things and taking forever to get around to do things.

Sometimes I feel that way but the main problem is the fact the group dynamic still has not shaken out yet.  We still have the Flashpoint and Back Draft tales while the rest of the group gets encounters going.  Read the re-caps or just read the TL:DR I'll be posting today

swicked wrote:While I will make more of an effort to ensure I'm not holding things up (after all, it was never my intention to, in the first place), I can guarantee nothing else.
I didn't mind you there at all swicked but I did regret going more in detail with you about Cross then I intended.  It's a problem of mine of judging how to give enough detail or giving to much and frankly you were more interested in the atypical reactions of Ms Griffin than anyone else was.  

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Aonee wrote:Don't worry SK, Alouette fell asleep on Akapesh's back, and when we went to the 'stable' she got cake.

suspicious cake that was edible, and that flashpoint tested for alouette.
Totally legit cake from legitimate cake enterprises.  Again only swicked was interested in the idea.... if this was in fact a non poison cake or a evil magical cake... where did the cake come from?  Was it a spell preserved cake or a fresh made cake?   If so where is the baker?
 Trollestia 
Or maybe it's an evil cake.

Sometimes I enjoy just setting up something mundane and see how cautions my players are. For example a simple dark room took them half an hour of checking to go past it. I very much follow RPG rules that very few dead ends are a waste of time and reward exploration.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Cptadder wrote:The party has a bad habit of getting bogged down in the little things and taking forever to get around to do things.

Isn't that true of 99.999999999999999999999% of all RPG groups?

Friday night was the third session I sat in on and that was also the what? Fifth or sixth session in total, one of the few times everybody's character was in the same area and able to interact with each other, and actually trying to help each other? And unfortunately not everybody was there to play their characters as well. So yeah, the group dynamic as a whole still has a lot to fully settle, but we are getting good with character pairs.

I'm not oppose to wanting the find out the who's, whats, and whys of the going on of the setting and NPC characters, but there's a time and a place for questions and if the players don't care or aren't astute enough to ask them during a session, while they're trying to play isn't the time. It's like stopping a movie to check out the DVD extra's when there's other people who just want to watch the movie.

On the topic of the cake, I know you said you sent me an IM Adder but I either didn't get it or it got lost with the various tabs and programs I had open. If it something important I would like to know so I can chuckle evilly at the others, but if it's what they discovered after all those Perception checks after already eating the cake, than I'm good.

As I said before, I love your GM style Adder, but I don't think I could ever play with you. Maybe it would change if I was in the action but as a bystander I'm savvy to your ways.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:21 pm

You guys do this via skype? is anyone allowed to sit in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:23 pm

I mean to listen, not to participate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Yeah they've been using Skype and so far anybody has been allowed to sit in to listen. There may be a limit or some standard ground rules set if we start having more listener than the Players and GM.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Last wrote:You guys do this via skype? is anyone allowed to sit in?

yes we love to have guests,
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Last wrote:You guys do this via skype? is anyone allowed to sit in?

yes we love to have guests,

Great, I'm interested in the shenanigans this group can get up to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:42 pm

The Players
Aonee as Akapesh (Zebra Alchemist)
AdmiralStoicRum as Back Draft (Dashite Pegasus)
OneMoreDaySK as Alouette (Mute Unicorn Musician)
Obs as Flashpoint (Anti-social Earth Pony Mercenary)
Stone as Draz (Zebra Shaman)
Tylertoon as Smooth Steve Smooth Tongue (Unicorn Merchant)

Session 5 Part 1
Things have been tense in town. It's evening of the 6th day after the town's population vanished from Meadow's ford. Thanks to the efforts and knowledge of Strong in the Hoof a potential disaster for the Griffons has been staved of. The Burning Mare could have ended up chasing Flashpoint in and among the camps of the tribals, scavangers, mercenaries and prospectors all outside Meadow's Ford. Who knows what that mass of ponies could have done if had something as unexpected as balefire abomination in pony form charge in to the middle of them. Back Draft and Flashpoint are back in town safe at least from the Burning Mare. Needless to say within ten minutes Flashpoint is trying to pick a fight with griffons guarding the town.

Returning from the wasteland, the other group of Smooth Tongue and Draz with Aouette still riding Akapesh, the two unicorns and two zebra's wander into town just in time to hear that the Griffons are getting bidding going on how long until Flash Point is dead to the Burning Mare. It seems that she was well known around these parts as a local hazard and how dangerous and easy she was to avoid. Don't attack her, don't annoy her and if you see her coming stay quiet and silence and let her go on by and she was no more threatening than a deep pit, unless you jump in your fine. That changes when someone (Like Flashpoint) manages to enrage her. At that point she will be after who or whatever made her angry until she can burn them out of existence. After learning that Flashpoint is the one being chased a chance comment by Smooth Tongue results in an informal wager turning into a full scale bookkeeping enterprise.

On the plus side now much fewer people will want to shoot Flashpoint outright because there are caps to be made depending on what day the Burning Mare gets him. If he dies before then to something else they will lose their bet you see. So it's in everyone's interest he remain alive until their chosen day of death. The only problem is that those who have money riding on him in the future will be less than friendly once they have lost those caps as the chosen day has come and past. In a way this betting has been a very good thing and a very bad thing for Flashpoint. While he is smart and tough he has the emotional maturity of a sulky six year old and in the wasteland that will get you killed sooner or later.

By the time night as rolled around a little more investigation into what Back draft found earlier determine that the one house with the burned out pony contained a fully alchemist laboratory full of far more poisons than potions. Everything from screaming death number 3 to Problematical bowel movements number 1 to even nastier stuff like forgetfulness dust and a box marked pink cloud precursors. An entire house full of zebra alchemy and according to the griffons it was some pony living there.

The other house yielded an even odder mystery. The walls of the hut were joined together scrap metal and wood, the roof canvas and the floor dirt and two grenades had gone off inside. However only the walls some damage, the dirt floor was freshly turned and the canvas appeared fully intact. There was blood on the walls but the floor and ceiling were clean. After some terrible roles and a digging expedition by Flashpoint it was Back Draft who founded two pockets sewn into the canvas roof of the hut which held two old griffon hunting rifles. One was a pre-war wood grain hand worked gun in excellent condition. The second was a copy of the first but on an industrial design. Where the first one had wood grips and smooth hand worked details, the second was made of plastic and steel but shaped and patented to look identical. On first look identical but any handling would show the difference.

When all of this was shown again Back Draft took credit for everything to Cross and was payed for his troubles but these two guns distressed her greatly for reasons Back Draft could not grasp.

As the evening ended to a close Smooth Tongue managed an excellent trading session in the camps outside the town and came back to camp with over a hundred caps in profit and a box of wasteland wine decanted from who knows what where. Matty the griffon Back Draft had met together with Smooth Tongue got together and had a pleasant evening drinking most of the wine while the rest set up in the shack which Flashpoints digging had half collapsed.

The night ended quietly, day 7 of the missing town began.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Session 5 Part 2
Day seven opened with  another scream of rage  which drew an instant response. It was not the Burning Mare charging the town but instead an group of unofficial leaders from those gathered outside the town waiting to loot it.  They were there trying to convincing Cross that letting them loot the town was not breaking contract but that her contract with the town had ended.  However several of them had money on when Flash Point would end up dead including Cross herself and the shout of hopeless rage drew them instantly from their discussion.  But to their dissapoint Flashpoint was not dead but Flashpoint waking for the second time to find someone had crudely drawn a game of tic-tac-toe on his back, no crude slogans or genitalia this time.

Finding none of them were going to lose their stake by him dieing earlier they went back to ignoring him and went back to their discussion.  As the rest of the group woke up in the various places they had set down the night before.  Back draft tried his best to wake up Matty who was asleep half on half off the roof after the drinking the night before.  After the normal group comedy antics (Which took up about half an IRL hour) they left town.  Smooth Tongue and Back Draft stopped to listen into the tail end of the discussion between cross and the group from the camps.

There were eight members of wasteland tribals represented Stone Hill who wanted the land Meadow's Ford was on as a new main camp.  An even dozen unaffiliated scavengers were represented by a wasteland trader named Bargain Price.  The rest gave no names while the two listened but Cross had already decided she was still under contract at least for today no looting the town or her griffons would put them down hard same as the day before and the day before that.  The only problem is that of the eight odd ponies outside a good third of them where made up of the Black Tails mercenaries who had not bought into this little diviy up the town agreement which Price was here to negotiate.   The instant Cross started looting herself or let others loot on her behalf they would try to kick something off to get everything themselves.  In fact Price had no more idea that Cross why the Black Tails had not attacked other than they were content for someone else to start the fighting letting them clean up the pieces and take everything for themselves.

As the group left town together for the first time since the first session it was clear that things were going south for Meadow's Ford. There might not be a town for much longer if they did not find something in the next few days. Cross had given no definite date but time seem to be slipping away.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Session 5 Part 3
It was an uneventful walk back to the "Stable" for the group.  Alouette and Akpesh stuck together as before, Draz was more quiet than usual.  Smooth Tongue and Back Draft were talking and Flash point was taking point looking back to make sure they still followed him.  

Re-entering the stable Smooth Tongue who was explaining things to Back Draft and Flashpoint said everything was the same.  The corpses had not moved, what they had killed was still dead and the gear was still untouched.  Details they had missed during their first nervous exploration were more obvious.  The foyer lights in the entrance were not burned out but shot out.  The dead pony next to the door was in Stable 39 barding as was one of the ghouls.  Venturing further in the room where all the ghouls had attacked before looked the same.

Even the two ghouls which attacked from around corners were the same, there was two not one put they were put down as quickly as the old ones.  Exploring the room and the gunfight took up a great deal of time but it was soon obvious that there were more things wrong with this so called "stable".  Not layed out like a stable, not set up like a stable and doorways which were nothing like a stable.

As the explorations came to an end Back Draft found something the others had missed, a narrow corridor, a scorch mark and a cripple ghoul which tried attack the Pegasus instantly. Having four missing legs the obvious victim of a nearby land mine it had been laying in the scorch mark of it still did it's best to limp after Back draft. Deciding to put the thing down with a few quick shots Back Draft aimed his recharger rifle and fired... and missed... and missed and missed. The ghoul threw itself at the Pegasus fighting and trying to bring the living pony down. In this it failed and Back Draft retreated around the corner. Only for once again it to attack him when he moved around the corner to shoot it finding it face to face with him again. This time it succeeded in temporarily knocking the former enclave pony down. It was unable to maintain it's grasp and was shoved aside as Back draft retreated firing as he went. Again and again he missed first with his gun then deciding to keep it as a pet he tried lassoing it only to fail again and again. Distracted by the constant magical energy shots and the curses it was Akpesh the zebra who put the thing down with a single casual shot to the head.

The last thing in the room untouched was in one of the side cubicles in the large room the fight had occurred in was set a large two level cake which was untouched. Next to it plates, forks and plastic knives. Everything indicated someone had set this birthday cake down ready to go for some foals birthday. It's unreality made it suspicious and a large argument broke out, only Alouette who was not one to turn down free birthday cakes wanted to eat a slice while Akapesh and Back Draft argued against it and spent several minutes attempting to determine what form of villainy the cake contained.In the end Flashpoint ate a slice and suffered no evil affects which resulted in Alouette doing her best to eat three slices before Akpesh made her stop.

After repairing a stuck door they entered the next section of the stable to find another large hallway wrapping around several rooms. They opened one on accident to find a brightly lit and clean stable bed room. The contains had several sizes of more Stable 39 barding and the bed looked inviting. The session came to an end after the group found a locker room with security barding and police pistols with more stable 39 barding inside each unlooted locker. Along with that they were faced with eight more rooms who's doors they had not opened along with one room which had a large DO NOT OPEN scrawled on it along with a cramped and unreadable signature with tape crossed over the open door button.

After sorting xp and equipment the session ended.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:53 pm

hmmm, well I did not quite get an exact read on the XP distributed
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hmmm, well I did not quite get an exact read on the XP distributed
XP is 9.99 DLC add-on

(Or maybe I've got the details but not posted them yet)
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm looking at xp tonight, are we on for Friday or Saturday?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Saturday. As far as I'm concerned, last Friday was a one-time thing.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Cptadder wrote:I'm looking at xp tonight, are we on for Friday or Saturday?  

saturday
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content