Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+12
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
StoneSlinger88
Frost
cb5
Scienza
Somber
Moodyman90
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
16 posters

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 31 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Watch Project Horizons get knocked off target, hit Sombra and prompt him to invade the Wasteland...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 31 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 16, 2014 6:18 pm

We're not sure if Somber went with Hinds' interpretation, but said interpretation is, as I alluded earlier, that the events of the season 3 opening two-parter never happened, that Cadence, if she exist in this setting, wasn't an Alicorn, and that Sombra never existed. The Crystal Kingdom / Empire itself simply having historically been relatively been isolationist.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Cadence is mentioned once in Project Horizons, on page 2255 (by an apparently outdated PDF that only has 65 chapters) by "Eclipse"

Eclipse actually frowned and rolled her eyes. “Not again. Honestly, why can’t she
simply go stay with Cadence?” Eclipse snorted scornfully, and my shock must have
shown because she immediately coughed and forced a smile. “Ahem. Sorry to
cut this short, but sometimes there’s just no reasoning with my. . . with Princess
Celestia. I’ll get somepony to show you out, my dear.”
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri May 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Which sort of reminds me. Do we consider changelings to exist in FoE? Because one of the cool things about them is that if they do exist, it's entirely reasonable to assume that nopony would ever know.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:I've been tempted to try ponifying the opening sequence, but my writing would fall far short of what most FoE fics seem to hold themselves to.
Opening sequence?
Oh, of New Vegas?

Harmony wrote:- El-Dogado ("Dogs dug too deep, and too greedily")
"Dogrado" (which may have just been their capital; I'm forgetting some of my own headcanon here…), but that was kind of the idea, yes. I'm not sure about their destruction being due to their hubris, but I suppose that they might have survived if they'd tried diplomacy with the Northerners.

Harmony wrote:- The Star-Worshipping Zebra
Eh… Maybe? Northern civilization continued off the Peninsula, though, and what Peninsular works of theirs survived the fall and the years of abandonment was built over by ponies or just lost. They'd definitely fit the "brought down by their hubris" bit, though.
I don't seem to have locally stored the history I wrote on this.
Bah, and after I-don't-know-how-long searching, I still can't find it in the thread. We could do with a better way to archive this stuff.

Harmony wrote:- show-accurate Crystal Empire (though only in the most superficial sense of "a land lost to time")
We couldn't do that unless we junked this universe's current version of the Crystal Empire.

Harmony wrote:- Equestria itself??? Though Zebrica would probably be a more accurate candidate, if we go with FoE's description of the effects of the war on the Zebra homeland.
Hm. Equestria or the PR… (Zebrica being the continent, recall)
Maybe? I don't know, though. If either, it would probably be the PR, given its long history and how thoroughly most of its works were erased, but it still seems too recent. It's technically within living memory, after all.

Harmony wrote:We're not sure if Somber went with Hinds' interpretation
Probably not, but I don't think that he intends to bring the Crystal Empire up again (though I could be wrong).

Harmony wrote:and that Sombra never existed
Well, Sombra may have existed; he's what I based the ruling class on.

Vinylshadow wrote:Cadence is mentioned once in Project Horizons, on page 2255 (by an apparently outdated PDF that only has 65 chapters) by "Eclipse"
Aye. I'm not sure that her pony type is ever mentioned, but, whatever PH says, my headcanon has her as a winged unicorn (or horned pegasus, if there's a difference) at most.

Scienza wrote:Which sort of reminds me. Do we consider changelings to exist in FoE?
Well, this shared headcanon universe does. Have you not read any of Meleagridis's highly entertaining works involving them? :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 17, 2014 1:12 pm

Yeah, I feel like FoE only has the first two seasons considered canon.

Discord mentions that something caused everything to slide away from what we, the audience, consider canon and then Equestria slid towards their kind of industrial revolution and later to war.

I've heard it mentioned that Cadance was a Pegasus before she became an Alicorn, but how and when she changed is never expressly stated.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Discord mentions that something caused everything to slide away from what we, the audience, consider canon and then Equestria slid towards their kind of industrial revolution and later to war.
I consider that speech to be mostly just Discord being Discord.

Vinylshadow wrote:I've heard it mentioned that Cadance was a Pegasus before she became an Alicorn, but how and when she changed is never expressly stated.
Wasn't that in one of the comics? I might be wrong, though, and I've not read it anyway.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun May 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Yeah, it's mentioned in 'Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell'

The book tells the story of Twilight Sparkle after she'd been made an Alicorn and seeks advice on being a princess. She turns to Cadance, who tells her life story, how as a baby pegasus she was found in the woods by earth ponies, who took her to their village.

blah blah, something about reverse-engineering a love spell and getting adopted by Celestia as her niece

ignore the die roll .-.

Last edited by Vinylshadow on Sun May 18, 2014 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun May 18, 2014 1:37 pm

The member 'Vinylshadow' has done the following action : Dices roll

'100 Sides' : 90

Game Master
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 19, 2014 3:58 am

A wee bit more inspiration:
I've decided to call the diamond dog empire Bichtlan (likely also referred to as the Bichtlan Empire).  El Dogrado was just the capital.  The last ruler was Emperor Bichtlantecuhtli IX.
(The empire, of course, has some heavy mayincatec influence, in case you the reader had forgotten or are new and didn't see that.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon May 19, 2014 2:35 pm

'Bich'

Jack would be proud of that word

sheesh, writing the intro to New Vegas with ponies, not even a thousand words

knowing some authors, they'd be able to stretch it out to ten thousand easily

that, and I woudl have no idea where to place it in Equestria and I'm not sure if 'Neighvada Desert' woudl work for it or not

Giving the DD some more background sounds nice
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 24, 2014 7:08 pm

So, it seems that ATR is, unfortunately, dead. I've asked about the possibility of getting an outline of what would have happened, but I have no idea how likely that is.

On the plus side, at least, this will pretty much completely free up that area for us; even with an outline, we'll have a lot of room to work before broad strokes even have to be applied. Though we'll still need to see what the ending of PH does to the Remnant, of course.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Oh, even if PH wipes out the Remnant, there's no law saying that a cell somewhere didn't survive
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Well, the good thing is, now this only leaves PH as the last story we are waiting to end to have complete free reign on what direction we want to take the setting in.

The more immediate consequence is that we are now free to do pretty much what we want of New Oatleans.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Do we still keep the idea of the area having a sizable equestrian mino-majority pre-war, or do we go full blank-slate here?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 26, 2014 5:29 pm

Were we having a lot of minotaurs in the New Oatleans area? I don't remember that.

I'd rather not go full blank slate; New Oatleans is only on the map at all because of ATR, after all, and I recall that I was already at least partially using broad strokes for it as for the others.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon May 26, 2014 5:34 pm

I think Neighorleans sounds better than New Oatleans
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 26, 2014 5:45 pm

Hm... agreed. And it would remove the question of where "Oatleans" is and what happened to it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 26, 2014 5:58 pm

Map updated.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon May 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Seems like any area with 'New' in the name could be changed to Neigh with little difficulty

Now I'm imagining "Neigh Jersey" as being an area where sports fans congrate
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Of course, some places legitimately have "New" in the name. Though I do find myself wondering why Old Olneigh is Old Olneigh...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon May 26, 2014 11:25 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Of course, some places legitimately have "New" in the name.  Though I do find myself wondering why Old Olneigh is Old Olneigh...
It could be because New Olneigh became so much more prominent that it became habit to modify Old Olneigh instead of New. Or, for a more flavorful version, Old Olneigh could have been named after someone called "Old" Olneigh due to his or her age when the city was founded. On the foundation of New Olneigh, it was naturally determined that "New Old Olneigh" would be a profoundly stupid name, so the "Old" got dropped.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 27, 2014 12:24 am

Heh. :)
We don't see you in this thread much, Icy Shake.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue May 27, 2014 12:39 am

I forgot to put "zebra" between "equestrian" and "mino-majority" (demographic group so large it would be unfair to call it a minority)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue May 27, 2014 8:25 am

I'd hardly call Zebras a minority, especially since we have Zonies in high places
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Harmony wrote:I forgot to put "zebra" between "equestrian" and "mino-majority" (demographic group so large it would be unfair to call it a minority)
Oh. :D
Anyway, though, yes, I kind of like the idea.

Vinylshadow wrote:I'd hardly call Zebras a minority, especially since we have Zonies in high places
Why would that make them not a minority?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue May 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Not really sure how to explain it

the same way Mexicans and Asians aren't a minority in America?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue May 27, 2014 2:04 pm

How do you define "minority" here?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed May 28, 2014 9:00 am

They're not the ones that make up stupid laws and rules
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Ah. I'm just defining it as "a group in a population that is not the largest group in that population". I'd say that it's quite possible to have a minority be in charge.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next