Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite MLP Pairing

+12
Formis_Fluttergod
Derpmind
jacky2734
Frost
Kippershy
RoboRed
Katarn
Scyto Harmony
Harmony Ltd.
CamoBadger
Derpy Hooves
BronyJammies
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Favorite MLP Pairing - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite MLP Pairing

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:12 am

As generic as they are, I've always been partial to Favorite MLP Pairing - Page 2 Medium and Favorite MLP Pairing - Page 2 Tumblr_ml81tmbqLO1rlqxf5o1_1280. The former because it's really cute, the latter because they have a really nice dynamic, despite not actually having any in-show personalities.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Third Wind wrote:The third one is absolutely hilarous, thanks a lot for the link. Hardly managed not laugh outloud at my workplace, that would be a little awkward.
The first two, however, appeared to be rather dull.

Could someone recommend some other pairing fictions? There's too much of them to pick just randomly. Everything without Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy will do. Though if you say the fic is great, I'll cope with them.
I haven't read them myself yet, they're in my fav queue.
As for shipping fics, I've read so many I can't distinguish between most of them (for obvious reasons). Spike 

But I'd recommend Twilight's List and Bluebird's Song. Both nicely written TwiDash fics. If I remember correctly, Bluebird's Song had some occasional minor issues, but I'm not sure with what exactly, would have to re-read it since minor issues are usually in the details I don't remember anymore.

Scienza wrote:As generic as they are, I've always been partial to AppleDash and TaviScratch. The former because it's really cute, the latter because they have a really nice dynamic, despite not actually having any in-show personalities.
I pray to Celestia that they never actually make any in-show personalities for Octy or Vinyl. I like them the way the fans estabished them (though they're not entirely 100% consistent from fic to fic of course).
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:I pray to Celestia that they never actually make any in-show personalities for Octy or Vinyl. I like them the way the fans estabished them (though they're not entirely 100% consistent from fic to fic of course).

While I agree with you that I really adore the personalities fans have given them, I'd love to see Vinyl or Tavi end up with a bigger role in the show.

It's a bit like Cloudchaser. The show needs more Cloudchaser. There can never be enough Cloudchaser. Literally, if there was an episode that was only Cloudchaser, it still wouldn't be enough Cloudchaser.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm not even going to lie, I'm one of the guys who loves the Lyra/Bon Bon pairing. Why? Not because "OMG LESBIANS ARE THE BESTEST AND THEY'RE TOGETHER SO THEY MUST BE!!!1!"
No, I love it because some of the stories I've read about the two are absolutely fantastic. They've set up such amazing characters for both of them and portray them very well as a REALISTIC relationship. Yes, some stories just say the shit of "they met, they fell in love, they sex", but those piss me off and I ignore them. Yeah, I know there are lovely stories for just about any pairing you can think of, but I still gravitate more toward the Lyra/Bon Bon romance more than any others in the fandom (to the point that they're the only romance stories I'll read involving non-oc ponies, and I've developed voices for each of them that don't match the show at all, but I could care less).
Of course it likely has something to do with the fact that I've loved Lyra's design from the very beginning, and I've never figured out why. I just love the way she looks in show, and the way she behaves when we see her makes me giggle every time. And it may have something to do with how fanfics don't portray Bon Bon as a total bitch like the show tends to do.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:38 pm

CamoBadger wrote:I'm not even going to lie, I'm one of the guys who loves the Lyra/Bon Bon pairing. Why? Not because "OMG LESBIANS ARE THE BESTEST AND THEY'RE TOGETHER SO THEY MUST BE!!!1!"
No, I love it because some of the stories I've read about the two are absolutely fantastic. They've set up such amazing characters for both of them and portray them very well as a REALISTIC relationship. Yes, some stories just say the shit of "they met, they fell in love, they sex", but those piss me off and I ignore them. Yeah, I know there are lovely stories for just about any pairing you can think of, but I still gravitate more toward the Lyra/Bon Bon romance more than any others in the fandom (to the point that they're the only romance stories I'll read involving non-oc ponies, and I've developed voices for each of them that don't match the show at all, but I could care less).
Of course it likely has something to do with the fact that I've loved Lyra's design from the very beginning, and I've never figured out why. I just love the way she looks in show, and the way she behaves when we see her makes me giggle every time. And it may have something to do with how fanfics don't portray Bon Bon as a total bitch like the show tends to do.
It doesn't help that they've given BB some really awful voices. Unlike Cloudchaser. Cloudchaser has an awesome voice.

As you said, the best shipping fics are the ones that take a while to watch the characters develop a natural relationship, rather than skipping right to the making out and sexing. One of the best of those, in my opinion, is the The Ballad of Autumn Dreams, which I highly recommend.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm also a fan of Colgate/Redheart, because I see it pretty much never. Tried to write one a while back, and it seemed popular enough, but I dropped it after I started writing FoE stuff. Might pick it up again at some point, but not completely sure.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Can I have a link to that? Guard said it was good but he didn't have it anymore when I asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Last wrote:Can I have a link to that? Guard said it was good but he didn't have it anymore when I asked.
Took it off FiMFic a long while ago because at the time I didn't plan on continuing it. I've only felt the desire to do it again in the last few months.

HOWEVER! I still have the first 2 chapters on my computer if you'd like to see them.

Just know that I wrote it a while ago, so it's horrible quality-wise.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Yes I'd love to read them. Horrible? But it's got nurses and doctors.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Alright. Do you prefer a PM or just post here?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Just post that shit, son.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Yeah, post it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Fine. Here ya go.
Living it to the Fullest Chapter 1
Living it to the Fullest Chapter 2
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Well, I've already started reading, and I can already see how you've improved since then. Your narrative nowadays is a lot more fluid
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:58 pm

swicked wrote:Favorite MLP Pairing - Page 2 What7
I dunno... Rarity and that rock, I guess?
Or maybe Steven Magnet?
Applejack x Bloomberg best ship.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:44 pm

CamoBadger wrote:I'm not even going to lie, I'm one of the guys who loves the Lyra/Bon Bon pairing. Why? Not because "OMG LESBIANS ARE THE BESTEST AND THEY'RE TOGETHER SO THEY MUST BE!!!1!"
LyraBon I often find hard to like, because (at least for the stories I've read) of the inconsistency with which it is protrayed in fics.

TaviScrach, in contrast to that, somehow managed to get so deep into the Fandom's subconsciousness that people usually manage to protray their relationship and personalities relatively consistently compared to each other. That's why I think making in-show personalities for them that may not correspond with what the fandom has already created could mess that up. Sure, people are stubborn and would continue writing them with the original fandom ones (at least for a time) but it wouldn't feel the same.

I don't have this issue with LyraBon as they seem less established/consistent in terms of personality (aside from Lyra's obsession with humans, that is). Who knows, maybe in time (or maybe I read the wrong fanfics :D).

EDIT: Also, speaking of the best pairing, what about Applesauce and Fluttershutter? Spike 
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:06 pm

>_>

<_<

...Princest anyone?
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:08 pm

swicked wrote:
Formis_Fluttergod wrote:what about Applesauce
Hmm.
I don't know that one.
Applebloom 
Applesauce x Fluttershutter:
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Scienza wrote:>_>

<_<

...Princest anyone?
Well, very well could be. Spike 
At the rate people continue shipping Twilight with Celestia I don't even have to include fics between Celly, Luna or Cadence, Twilicorn will find her way.

If you mean purely CellyLuna, then I don't think I've seen more than one or two fics and don't have any stong opinion on the pairing as of yet.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:
Scienza wrote:>_>

<_<

...Princest anyone?
Well, very well could be. Spike 
At the rate people continue shipping Twilight with Celestia I don't even have to include fics between Celly, Luna or Cadence, Twilicorn will find her way.

If you mean purely CellyLuna, then I don't think I've seen more than one or two fics and don't have any stong opinion on the pairing as of yet.
I have seen a few CellyLuna fics. One of them made me puke, but the others were kinda nice. They've got this interesting balance dynamic, yin and yang and whatnot.

Also, there's the question of whether they're actually biological sisters, or if, given their status as unaging god-horse-women, biological terms even apply to them. Since Princessness seems to be a meritocratic title rather than hereditary, and Cadance isn't actually related to them despite being referred to as their niece, is it possible that they're like, soul sisters or something, and so them getting it on isn't that icky/kinky?
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:51 pm

I love the whole circle fuck of shining on twilight on mac on applejack on rainbow on rarity on fancypants on a cupcake with pinky pie, fluttershy is working the camera
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 pm

I've always assumed that ponies literally lack external genitalia, and reproduce externally like fish. Big Mac plows the fields, despite the Apples not growing any crops that would seem to require it. Why? Because pony eggs are placed, fertilized, in the ground like potatoes to grow to maturity.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I've always assumed that ponies literally lack external genitalia, and reproduce externally like fish. Big Mac plows the fields, despite the Apples not growing any crops that would seem to require it. Why? Because pony eggs are placed, fertilized, in the ground like potatoes to grow to maturity.

I will never see farmers the same way again.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:34 am

Is that what the Cabbage Patch Kids were? I always assumed that they were genetically-engineered midgets capable of sneaking through air vents to poison their targets.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:44 am

Mister Frost wrote:I've always assumed that ponies literally lack external genitalia, and reproduce externally like fish. Big Mac plows the fields, despite the Apples not growing any crops that would seem to require it. Why? Because pony eggs are placed, fertilized, in the ground like potatoes to grow to maturity.
Or it's a kids show and showing genitals on television for a children's cartoon is a fast way to get the ban hammer?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:47 am

cb5 wrote:
Or it's a kids show and showing genitals on television for a children's cartoon is a fast way to get the ban hammer?
That's gotta be the most improbably and ridiculous theory I've ever heard. What next, you're going to tell me that Unicorns didn't evolve horns to impale their competitors and simply learn magic as an added bonus?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:53 am

Mister Frost wrote:That's gotta be the most improbably and ridiculous theory I've ever heard. What next, you're going to tell me that Unicorns didn't evolve horns to impale their competitors and simply learn magic as an added bonus?
The funny thing about this comment is that mythically unicorns would stab to death nonvirgins with their horns.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:55 am

cb5 wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:That's gotta be the most improbably and ridiculous theory I've ever heard. What next, you're going to tell me that Unicorns didn't evolve horns to impale their competitors and simply learn magic as an added bonus?
The funny thing about this comment is that mythically unicorns would stab to death nonvirgins with their horns.
Yes. We know.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:03 am

Mister Frost wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Yes. We know.
I could make so many potential jokes here right now you don't even know.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next