Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S03E13 (Finale) Magical Mystery Cure

+9
Derpmind
Moodyman90
Harmony Ltd.
Formis_Fluttergod
IncoherentOrange
Sky Cloud
Orm
RoboRed
Cptadder
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

S03E13 (Finale) Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 Empty Re: S03E13 (Finale) Magical Mystery Cure

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 pm

So, have you guys heard, there's 5 more background ponies next season.
They're called Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

S03E13 (Finale) Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 Empty Re: S03E13 (Finale) Magical Mystery Cure

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:49 am

Also :

http://derpiboo.ru/246285
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 am

I just have to say, I absolutely lost it when Celestia started singing.
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 7

Character List:
Name: RainbowJJP
Sex: Colt
Species: Pegasus

http://rainbowjjp.malware-site.www

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:41 am

Don't worry, what you're experiencing is called a "fangasm". It'll pass. Hopefully.

... Last time we had to call an exorcist...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Just finished watching it. My continuity and logic are shot to heck. But as a standalone, it was fine-ish.

So was this the musical episode of the series or what? It went from song to song without stopping. Really felt rushed.
Things my borked brain was thinking:
1) How the world did Twilight cast that spell with seemingly no exertion at all? Is she that overpowered? There is no way a spell that alters reality like that can be so simply cast. Argleblargle
2) What was Celestia thinking sending that by post office? What happens if some non-existent malicious group got their hands on the package?
3) Is Twilight apparently the only one keeping them together or something? Because they apparently forgot about each other 'till she mentioned them.
4) Anyone reminded of Fo:E's Unity according to Somber with the screens and all?
5) They don't have tech reminiscent of screens. Why isn't Twilight asking questions at that point?

I'm so conflicted about this episode.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Late to the party. But nowhere else to gab about it.

I had problems with the finale. A lot at first, but less when I rewatched it a little less bitterly. Still not a fan. Did anyone else get bothered by the way Celly's mane moved like a gif on a sheet of cardboard at the end?

Anyways, other than the mane problem above I'm going to skip over most of the real issues that bugged me and focus on something irrelevant to the actual episode. Namely the (hopefully unintentional) implication that a person should only ever do one job for the entirety of their live-long lives. Now I realise that there were a few things to squish into the episode and the whole switcharoo wasn't the only focus. This, however, does nothing to stem the disappointment in how the whole thing was handled. Personally I would have really preferred something a little different. I'm not suggesting sticking to the switch- By all means go back to the status quo (barring, well, you know). But before getting back to things as normal but maybe it wouldn’t be the end of the world to suggest that, with a little nudge in the right direction, a person could discover new talent and make a life for themselves outside their comfort zone? Say that in place of each of the characters bumping each other aside, they provide the fundamentals their friends are missing and each of them can make their own ‘destiny’ from there?

Long long opinions on how each character could handle it and a picture:

Now each life is switched to specifically exclude the character's innate talents and proclivities- in my opinion, this is all the more reason to show that your destiny is no rigid thing, and is subject to change. It's a very minor nit that I've picked with a full-bore automatic drill, but this really bugged me. This could have been its own thing, should have been its own thing, and I also forgot to use this picture. I guess I'll throw it at the start of the spoiler.

swicked wrote:...by the way, is anyone at all curious why Starswirl the Bearded was working on a spell to create alicorns?
One that channeled the power of the elements of harmony, the god-stoppers, to do so?

...and if he really did fail to complete it?
Twilight was working on a spell to create alicorns (sort of- she obviously didn't know what it was going to do). Starswirl was working on a spell involving changing destinies... one that was left incomplete... and he was forever after known as one of the most powerful magicians in history... with no understanding of close social ties... there is a thing here somewhere, I just don't know what.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Long long opinions on how each character could handle it and a picture:
Would you mind trying to fanfic that idea ? Pinkie Pie

swicked wrote:...by the way, is anyone at all curious why Starswirl the Bearded was working on a spell to create alicorns?
One that channeled the power of the elements of harmony, the god-stoppers, to do so?

...and if he really did fail to complete it?
Twilight was working on a spell to create alicorns (sort of- she obviously didn't know what it was going to do). Starswirl was working on a spell involving changing destinies... one that was left incomplete... and he was forever after known as one of the most powerful magicians in history... with no understanding of close social ties... there is a thing here somewhere, I just don't know what.
I heard a theory that Discord is actually Starswirl the Bearded after he failed some... experiment.
Spoiler:
When Celestia said he didn't understand Friendship as Twilight does, it doesn't mean that he didn't have any friends...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Would you mind trying to fanfic that idea ? Pinkie Pie
Well I've written a small essay on the alternative fortunes of candy coloured ponies. In for a penny...

Spoiler:
When Celestia said he didn't understand Friendship as Twilight does, it doesn't mean that he didn't have any friends...
Gur... buh? Huh... well...
I, for one, have my fingers crossed for a little more worldbuilding now.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Shed into a new light Discord's total change in attitude when he understood Fluttershy was the "first friend he ever had", eh ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Unrelated to the current discussion, but related to the episode :

http://purplekecleon.deviantart.com/art/One-Trick-Pony-355491985
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2