Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S03E11 Just for Sidekicks

+6
CannonFodder
Formis_Fluttergod
Katarn
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Cptadder
10 posters

Go down

S03E11 Just for Sidekicks Empty S03E11 Just for Sidekicks

Post by Cptadder Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:17 am

S03E11 Just for Sidekicks MV5BMTk0MDE5MTU2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDYxMTMyMQ@@._V1._SY317_
Youtube link when it comes.

This episode is about Hijinks, and pets... Also guest staring Chuck Norris.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

S03E11 Just for Sidekicks Empty Re: S03E11 Just for Sidekicks

Post by Cptadder Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Episode thoughts

Intro
Oh look smart helpful assistant spike is back, and he's trying to make a cake. Can't wait for the sixteen re-mix dubstep songs of his tiny little song here.

First part
And he's still singing, but stops when Fluttershy drops by. Also Spike is genre savy with his inside joke
Gems are Spike's Scoobi snakcs
Spike is panhandling

God tank is hillarious, and the incredibly slow dash lick was adorably
And Dash, tank and Spike is hilarious
Continued pan handling Spike is still hilarious
And things go to shit in 3...2...oh we did not even make it to 1 and off to commercial

So far this episode has been predictable but it's so well put together and the jokes so good I don't mind, watching Spike panhandling the ponies was so amusing in how blatant it was. But the interplay between Dash and Tank was adorable as well as the general problem of giving a non-flying pet the ability to fly, speaking of pets where the hell is Pewee?

And Angel bunny is starting shit, and the CMC is adorable
And Spike is trolling the shit out of the CMC and he's great
Also remember when I said things went to shit in 3...2...1.. with the CMC we made it to 2
And random Zecorca wants spike's Booty
And now Spike's paying protection money
And then the CMC planned to jump off a bridge
...and now they are going to the Crystal Empire... is this a secret two parter?

So second segment, this was fing hilarious. Again the setup is pat but what they do with it is hilarious. From the "industrial hair dryer poofy Wionna" to the fact Angel bunny does nothing but start shit in a deliberate effort to screw over Spike. You know it's bad when Angel is hoping trains, that bunny is evil!

The money situation is a little confusing and oh hey we are back in the Crystal empire
And Angel bunny is clearly trying to get back to Fluttershy
And Angel is not evil he's just a dick
Dawwable Sweetie Bell trying to hnnng her way out.

Final thoughts
I'm not sure it was my favorite episode of the season but what it was great. The jokes are spot on the situation while pat as I said several times was turned on it's head. It's funny how some of the pets mirror their owners like Winona while others have their own personality with some aspect of their owner that makes sense they would like each other. Rarity enjoys being spoiled, Opal enjoys being spoiled, Tank is loyal as is Rainbow Dash even if in him it's just him trying his hardest. Owlicious is great as a pseudo responsible one for Spike even if most of his stuff was minor and Gummy is still Gummy. The most interesting thing to me was Angel Bunny because he is the reason for 90% of the crap that goes down in this episode. At first I called him evil, evil bunny is what most people think seeing Angel most of the time. But the longer the episode went on the more I came to realize that Angel is just a bastard not evil. You don't see to my needs? Well fuck you I'm going to start some shit and see how you like it. At the end when he does not alert the Mane 6 to his presence and they all wait out the train ride is a very important point to the fact he just wants someone to care for him and ignoring him pisses him off and gets Angel to act out. Kind of like a fluffy needy six year old.

The main thing for me and this episode was the amount of sold visual jokes and tiny little nods in there. Like Zecora taking a gem and from spike and instantly turning around and donating it to charity. Or Rainbow Dash and Tank's interaction, just because a turtle(tortoise!) can fly does not mean he will fly well. And the number of tank gags this episode was great. Scoots little joke about Tank was great. My favorite jokes remain the two times we cut back to find the pets destroying things... or the CMC helping the pets destroy things, just great visual gags.

In the end a simple story well told packed with so many gags and visual jokes it will easily fit into any top ten MLP episode list... where on that list I don't know yet.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:48 pm

CheeryMac ???? Also, ScrewLoose is back. https://i.imgur.com/XImYuGY.jpg

Adder, what happened with PeeWee is explained in the first opening seconds of the episode if you look at the photos on the wall.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeah, I think Spike returned him to his family.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm

S03E11 Just for Sidekicks 224431__safe_rarity_caption_worst-pony.png
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:38 pm

'cause she's a business-mare, and when it comes to do business she become stingy ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:41 pm

On other hand(hoof), she tore it off her dress, so maybe she didn't have anything else. And from it's looks..was it ruby? How rare are they?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 pm

People basically said it all already. At least from what I read. It was indeed a great episode with perhaps a bit predictable but full-of-jokes storyline.  S03E11 Just for Sidekicks 524433800

I'm more curious about other thing though. Specifically Fluttershy and what she, aside from doing a great job of being diabetes inducing and more assertive (is she really bargaining with Spike? Fluttershy? Big mac), says here.
Continuing the thought:
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Formis_Twigod wrote:
Continuing the thought:
That would be awesome if in the next episode you get to see spike and the crusaders in the background trying not to be seen.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:CheeryMac ???? Also, ScrewLoose is back. https://i.imgur.com/XImYuGY.jpg

Adder, what happened with PeeWee is explained in the first opening seconds of the episode if you look at the photos on the wall.

RoboRed wrote:Yeah, I think Spike returned him to his family.
Yeah the commentators pointed that out, my stream cut off the first fifteen or so seconds so I missed all the pictures explaining what happen to Pewee, he died the way he lived via retcon.

CannonFodder wrote:
Formis_Twigod wrote:
Continuing the thought:
That would be awesome if in the next episode you get to see spike and the crusaders in the background trying not to be seen.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ifmRgQX82O4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 pm

This was a nice episode. Character weren't being out of line, and the jokes were amusing. I personally am amused that people assume that the gem size is directly proportional to the gem worth. Just because a gem is valuable doesn't make it tasty to Spike. Rooting for Angel myself, and loved the interaction between Dash and Tank. So sweet.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 am

Here are my thoughts on this episode.
1. Spike's been taking drama lessons from Rarity.
2. Fic writers take not, Angel is apparently scared of Owlolicious(I have no Idea how to spell that.)
3. Alas poor Peewee, we hardly knew thee.

And lastly, Angel is a little Shithead. Seriously, I think I said "That little shithead" out loud on three separate occasions while watching it.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 am

Before, I think. He's Season 1, "Twilight-licious" came around season 2, I believe.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:26 pm

My favourite part of it all was the split second moment of Dashie giving in to her desire to be affectionate to Tank and nuzzling with him.
That to me shows true, genuine affection for somepony like her who dislikes admitting to any of that stuff because she feels it too girlish, yet gives in to Tank and deep down, enjoys it far more than Rarity enjoys Opal, for example.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:32 am

jacky2734 wrote:
And lastly, Angel is a little Shithead. Seriously, I think I said "That little shithead" out loud on three separate occasions while watching it.
Indeed. I know I said "you little shit" at least once or twice while watching. Damn obnoxious little critter.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 pm

They say that the best turtle is the one you never have to hit someone in the head with.
I respectfully disagree.
I prefer the turtle you only have to hit someone in the head with ONCE.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content