Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formis's Epic Fails in Progress

+3
IncoherentOrange
RoboRed
Formis_Fluttergod
7 posters

Go down

Formis's Epic Fails in Progress Empty Formis's Epic Fails in Progress

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 pm

So, after a... Month I think? I decided to take a pencil and draw something. That lasted for like 5 minutes and this is the result.
I already don't like the neck, ass and perspective, well it all generally looks horrible. But perhaps I can turn it into something that won't make your eyes bleed.
That's the progress, baby! Formis's Epic Fails in Progress 2692562100

PiP - Pony in Progress:
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Formis's Epic Fails in Progress Empty Re: Formis's Epic Fails in Progress

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Better than I can do.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:08 am

RoboRed wrote:Better than I can do.
It's always better than someone and worse than someone else.
Important thing is that I don't like it and I'm gonna keep changing it till I can at least look at it a day later and still like it.
Yay for obsession and madness! Formis's Epic Fails in Progress 3932362616
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Wheeeeeeee, so I finally got a tiny bit productive and this came out after 30 minutes (The sketchy lineart on paper, the sketchy Photoshop took me about 2 hours). I put it together kinda in a hurry because I'm lazy and don't want to work on it now really, so I'll leave it as a WIP for now and see what can I do with it later. Spike

Spoiler:

PS: I'm sure I'll do something with it, I already don't like the angry Twilight's head. Twilight crazy
PPS: Can someone tell me why am I drawing Twily when Fluttershy is the best Pony? Derpy Hooves
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Her bangs look a little weird and the right ear needs a tiny bit of adjusting but other then that she looks pretty damn good.

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 pm

That's awesome, I think. The eyes are perfect, and the color too. I can't say anything about the anatomical accuracy, since I'm not so sure.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Last wrote:Her bangs look a little weird and the right ear needs a tiny bit of adjusting but other then that she looks pretty damn good.
Suppose you mean the left Twi. Yeah, I didn't quite know how to approach her mane from this angle, a work in progress. As for her ear, I don't really know, it looks fine to me (for now, we'll see tomorrow), her head's supposed to be turned a bit to the right so the ears are mostly as they should be, but I think it might be the circular shape of the head, I just went with regular circle but plan on adjusting it further.

Also her neck could be a bit thicker, well, in general the size of her head and neck thickness ratio looks a bit off now that I look at it.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:24 pm

No, I meant right. I just realized there was another drawing. *Face palm.* In the behind shot the right ear seems like it should be angled differently. I could be wrong though

Can't see the neck in the behind shot so I'm assuming you mean the other one and I think the neck transitions well into the chest the way it is now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 pm

its better than i can draw lol
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:That's awesome, I think. The eyes are perfect, and the color too. I can't say anything about the anatomical accuracy, since I'm not so sure.
Heh, thanks, but Iwouldn't worry about the colors, I just traced them from the show's color scheme I have for all of the Mane 6. And if possible I want both of them in dark setting when (if) finished so I'll have to adjust that anyway, I just put the colors sort of quickly on so that she looks recognizable.

Sky Cloud wrote:its better than i can draw lol
It's always better than some and worse than others. That's how things usually work.

Last wrote:No, I meant right. I just realized there was another drawing. *Face palm.* In the behind shot the right ear seems like it should be angled differently. I could be wrong though

Can't see the neck in the behind shot so I'm assuming you mean the other one and I think the neck transitions well into the chest the way it is now.
Well, let's get this straight, shall we? Spike
By left I meant Twi (the one seen from behind) not her left ear, in fact I was indeed talking about her right one, just as you were. I think the shape of the head (and the weird shading) makes the ear seem oddly placed, I'll have to re-shape the head, then I'll see how it looks and possibly adjust the ear.
And I was referring to the left Twi as well with the neck issue. Like I said, either her head is too big (thanks to the basic cirular shape) or the neck's too thin to look natural (as much as natural can be with their disproportional bodies), so I'll probably adjust both a bit and see what that will get me. The fact the her neck is mostly covered with her mane kinda complicates things.

As for the right twi, I think her neck is mostly fine, but I don't like her head, it seems too "long" and not high enough, kinda squeezed if I have to use that term. IT could be placement of her mane and/or ear of course.

Anyway, it's almost 4AM, gotta go for now, keep the constructive criticism up if you can, I welcome it. Twilight Sparkle
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:11 am

Formis_Twigod wrote:Anyway, it's almost 4AM, gotta go for now, keep the constructive criticism up if you can, I welcome it. Twilight Sparkle

I certainly don't mind giving it out if you keep supplying the art to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Last wrote:
Formis_Twigod wrote:Anyway, it's almost 4AM, gotta go for now, keep the constructive criticism up if you can, I welcome it. Twilight Sparkle

I certainly don't mind giving it out if you keep supplying the art to do so.
Fair enough.
Been working on her hair flowing in the wind. Thoughts?
Star-Gazing Twi:

PS: Is it just me or does her head seem to be too big compared to her body? Derpy Hooves

Last edited by Formis_Twigod on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Formis_Twigod wrote:
PS: Is it just me or does her head seem to be too big compared to her body? Derpy Hooves

Too wide, yes.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:47 pm

No. That seems right for a pony. The lines that make up her mane and tail could stand to be a little thinner and her right leg appears to be coming out of her chest. But it's been a while since I've drawn ponies from the show so I'm if they're supposed to or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Too wide, yes.
Thought so, commencing adjusting now.

Last wrote:No. That seems right for a pony. The lines that make up her mane and tail could stand to be a little thinner and her right leg appears to be coming out of her chest. But it's been a while since I've drawn ponies from the show so I'm if they're supposed to or not.
The lines are still sketchy, will make them thinner later. And I don't really know about the leg, it's kinda hard to tell from this angle where the leg should be coming from and in the show it's not really constant, changes a bit depending on what the Pony currently does with the forelegs. I'll try to experiment. Spike
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:19 pm

By the way this is digital art correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:32 pm

Last wrote:By the way this is digital art correct?
Yup, I can't really draw anything properly on paper (except the concept sketches which were at the beginning of this as well), I'm too messy "artist" for that. :D
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:08 pm

That's fine. I can't wrap my mind around digital it could be I have a crappy mouse and no tablet.

Anyway the reason I asked was because I'm limited on the advice I can give for digital.

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:22 pm

How is it now?
(let the original in the background along with what's under the mane, hope it's not too distracting)
Spoiler:

Last wrote:That's fine. I can't wrap my mind around digital it could be I have a crappy mouse and no tablet.

Anyway the reason I asked was because I'm limited on the advice I can give for digital.
I don't think there's that much of a difference except for the tools used. If I were some briliant artist, there could be some, but not really on my level of "skill". Except for less eraser smears on digital picture. :D
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Control-z is one thing digital has over traditional. I don't think time and space could handle how much I would control-z. Also layers but that goes with the whole less smudging thing you were talking about.

Her head still looks fine to me. I tend to not like leaving the head as a circle for behind views.

Also her bangs look alot better then they did in the first picture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Last wrote:Control-z is one thing digital has over traditional. I don't think time and space could handle how much I would control-z. Also layers but that goes with the whole less smudging thing you were talking about.

Her head still looks fine to me. I tend to not like leaving the head as a circle for behind views.

Also her bangs look alot better then they did in the first picture.
I took the liberty of leaving it a circle since most of it isn't visible anyway, so it really serves only as a reference (poor head). Spike
As for the bangs, I changed it a bit, looked better, then decided to add the wind effect, think it turned out... nice. Shy
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Well, one Twilight has been finished so I started working on the second one before moving on to anything new.
Need just a quick opinion on the perspective since I decided for indoor setting. Twilight crazy
Dark Twi:
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Why do I detect a scene from Past Sins?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:22 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Why do I detect a scene from Past Sins?
Whatever gave you that idea? Spike
Nah, that really is a coincidence, I sketched this Twi just like that, then decided to put her in some dark dungeon... doing stuff. Twilight crazy

EDIT: Orginally after sketching I meant for it to be Sombra Corruption pic, hence the concept title "Dark Twi", but scrapped it because there's too much of that stuff already anyway.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:55 am

The only problem I see with this one are the floor bricks: they seem too large. I can already see that you were planning to change that though.

What are you using by the way? Tablet and sai?

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 am

Last wrote:The only problem I see with this one are the floor bricks: they seem too large. I can already see that you were planning to change that though.

What are you using by the way? Tablet and sai?
The walls and floor are at this point merely concept so that I have some general idea about the perspective of the room when I get to actual details.
And I use tablet with Photoshop.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by brony all alone Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:33 am

great job! keep on trying and you will get it perfect. its your drawing, do whatever you want with it. i could NEVER draw that good!
brony all alone
brony all alone
Pegasus

Brohoof! : -1

Character List:
Name: RazorWing
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content