Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

+17
Admiral Stoic Rum
IncoherentOrange
mcm-Fyrestorm
Rboy474
Aonee
Scootaloo
Apple Crumble
XT Vengeance
Ketchup
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Elipsilon
Formis_Fluttergod
Meleagridis
RoboRed
CamoBadger
Risal
21 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) Empty Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by Risal Mon May 14, 2012 6:57 am

This is the thread where you post how your day was. Be it good, bad, depressing, happy, hopeful, whatever!
Risal
Risal
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by CamoBadger Mon May 14, 2012 10:50 am

I had a rather good day yesterday, filled with board games (which I substituted the pieces with blind bags every time) and fun with my family. Much better from the day before when I was pretty depressed most of the day.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by RoboRed Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 pm

I had a great Sunday. The family went out and had a picnic at a state park to celebrate Mother's Day with the extended family. It was sunny out with barely any wind. My mom and I brought out a jug of her homemade bubble solution and a bunch of bubble tools. And then we blew huge bubbles, and tried to keep them aloft (as did the many kids that gathered around once all the bubbles started appearing). I crashed and hurt my shoulder while trying to perform an epic slide to get under a large bubble to keep it aloft. Later, my mom, my sister and I went over to a pond where they had paddleboats. (which we partially used to terrorize the geese... Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) 3932362616 )

I had a race that night, which went sort of alright. I got second place in both heats, but my team got the most overall points. First race probably would have ended with me winning, had I not rolled over and lost my aero (and my dignity because of my girly scream).

Of course, the post-game Cat & Mouse session was hilarious. I was laughing so hard at a couple points that I couldn't breathe.

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 pm

My day hasn't been too bad. Got Diablo III, and it's awesome, but they're having issues with the servers (of course, they all got blown up at midnight Spike ) so I'm waiting for that to resolve itself.

Got to see my Sgt from deployment again today, which is always awesome since we're basically family.

And the bad part of my day (prepare for first world problem folks): I can't get in the fucking mood to write, and I've been telling people my new chapter would be out tomorrow for a week now Scootaloo
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue May 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Nightmare Moon wrote:And the bad part of my day (prepare for first world problem folks): I can't get in the fucking mood to write, and I've been telling people my new chapter would be out tomorrow for a week now

This feel. Abney Park usually helps me, so try this if nautical rock sounds like something to pull out your creative.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Meleagridis on Tue May 15, 2012 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too many Scoots)
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Tue May 15, 2012 5:39 pm

My day was full of studying, but it has a bright side too, 8 hours of Epic music straight while studying. Twilight crazy

Also, my copy of Diablo III hasn't arrived as it should, gotta wait till tomorow morning, but I see I haven't missed much with the server issues.

Nice day as always. Twilight Sparkle
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed May 16, 2012 12:20 am

Well, let's see where I can begin with this...

Last night, I had a crazy dream that myself, my grandma, and a couple other people were at this large villa somewhere in Spain. And it was haunted by the ghost of a little girl.

...Who proceeded to scare the living shit out of all of us (having the spectre of a little girl warp across the room and right into your face, screaming, is NOT COOL. Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) 4206338362) Waking up was a relief.

Other than that bit, my day's been fine. Had a doctors appointment in the next city over, picked up some Doc360 on the way back (Pepsi's alternative for Dr. Pepper - test market phase, can only get it over there right now, good stuff).

Had latest Vintage Indycar race tonight. Swept the competition, but now my arms are killing me.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elipsilon Sat May 19, 2012 2:48 pm

I don't have much time to type, as I have to leave soon; but today is my high school graduation ceremony :D

There will be cake. It will be fun.
Elipsilon
Elipsilon
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun May 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Today has been AWESOME!

I went to the pet store so my dog could get vaccinations, and while I was paying the cashier asked if I was in the National Guard (she saw my wallet). I told her yes, and her next question was "So you're in the National Guard and you're wearing a My Little Pony shirt?" (I was wearing my Fluttershy 'Yay' shirt at the time). I laughed and nodded. This is when she says "That's awesome."

And then I realized her nametag said AJ.

BEST. PET STORE. EVER.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun May 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Woke up, went to church, had the shared birthday dinner my grandmom hosted for me and my cousin, and now I'm here.
So over all today has been good so far.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Elipsilon Thu May 24, 2012 9:17 pm

It was ok. I spent most of the day helping my mom move. When I wasn't, I tried drawing; but gave up because it just wasn't working out. I tend to have days like that.
Elipsilon
Elipsilon
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:02 pm

I just learned that my favourite TV show, Sanctuary, has been cancelled.
BETRAYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!
Well, the SciFi Channel is now useless.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:42 am

Valikdu wrote:I just learned that my favourite TV show, Sanctuary, has been cancelled.
BETRAYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!
Well, the SciFi Channel is now useless.
Good shows always get cancelled, because that makes way for the mindless reality shows that for some reason never end...

Anyways, my day was...I've been better. But at least I got some writing done, so, accomplishment...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Awards were given on an in-class basis today, in the categories of leadership, most improved, and highest mark.
I got 2 leaderships, for being better behaved than everyone else and being a positive "role model".
My highest marks were only 97's, which clearly don't beat the 100's the people who study get.
I'm pretty happy though.

On the other hand, my brother infected me with a nasty cold.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:46 am

Drink lots of fluids and get some rest! Don't boost your immune system!

I thought today would be as miserable as the last two. But right at the end me an' a friend said, 'Let's make a Fallout of our home town.' So we did, then we grabbed a laminated map of the city and some dry erase markers. Then we spent a couple of hours modifying it with territories and whatnot.

It sounds silly.

It was silly.

It was fun.

If you have a friend who's also a Fallout fan, I really recommend it.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Another day of depression and avoiding all contact with people for me today, which probably isn't a good thing considering I'm supposed to go to dinner with family tonight...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:49 pm

I am doing alright. Could be better, could be worse.
Ice Crystal wrote:Another day of depression and avoiding all contact with people for me today, which probably isn't a good thing considering I'm supposed to go to dinner with family tonight...
That sucks. I am here if you need to talk.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:00 pm

I am currently suffering from a splitting headache from caffeine withdrawal because of my decision to cut myself off of soda. Scootaloo

Ice Crystal wrote:Another day of depression and avoiding all contact with people for me today, which probably isn't a good thing considering I'm supposed to go to dinner with family tonight...

Sad face, man...sad face. *hugs* :(
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Drink lots of fluids and get some rest! Don't boost your immune system!

I thought today would be as miserable as the last two. But right at the end me an' a friend said, 'Let's make a Fallout of our home town.' So we did, then we grabbed a laminated map of the city and some dry erase markers. Then we spent a couple of hours modifying it with territories and whatnot.

It sounds silly.

It was silly.

It was fun.

If you have a friend who's also a Fallout fan, I really recommend it.
Indeed, boosting the immune system intensifies the symptoms. The virus itself causes little discomfort compared to the immune system trying to get rid of it.
And the map thing sounds fun.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:09 pm

My head....it cannot contain the awesome...*splode*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elipsilon Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 am

I have an essay to finish by Friday, but I haven't even started on it yet :l
Elipsilon
Elipsilon
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Crumble Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:41 am

Math Assignments. Math assignments everywhere. Everywhere and Everyday. *good god*
Apple Crumble
Apple Crumble
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Apple Crumble
Sex: Male
Species: Earth pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 am

Today was pretty good. I mean, when the worst thing to happen is your mouse deciding that it no longer likes its drivers (and your solution somehow temporarily kills the keyboard), and the best thing is watching the last four episodes of MLPFIM:S2 with your younger sister, that adds up to a pretty good day, I reckon. Other highlights include drumming through the album "Screaming for Vengeance" on Rock Band (fun, but pretty easy apart from the beginning of "Riding on the Wind") and playing League of Legends with friends (fun, and pretty hard without a mouse, ha)

:)

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 am

...How the hell did you manage to play LoL without a mouse?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:59 am

Helped return a lost cat.

Writer's block buggered off.

Feel pretty good now.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:21 pm

RoboRed wrote:...How the hell did you manage to play LoL without a mouse?
Well, I stuck to Vayne, Katarina, and Alistair, so there wasn't anything too fancy going on, and I had enough room for the extra some-fraction-of-a-second longer it takes to accurately target because my friends were mostly playing quite well, and I'm only level 20 so we weren't going up against the best possible players, and I'm actually getting used to being forced to use the trackpad since the mouse has made a habit of dying in the middle of matches recently... but mostly, the answer is "with difficulty." =P Honestly, the worst part was camera movement - it's a pain to slide the camera an inch or two over in the middle of a fight, and that's a pretty common occurrence. That, and ignite did not like how I was clicking several times. Several critical times. >_> It was still fun, though!

Today, I have not yet gotten sleep. (I was designated human alarm clock for the family members needing to wake up at 6, and decided to just stay up) This means I will start feeling at turns exhausted and hyperactive soon! But it's been a good day so far, for the most part. Very nice outside, perfect weather to mow the lawn.

@Meleagridis
That sounds like things are looking up for sure!

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:28 pm

If that means what I think it means (what else would it mean?) Congrats!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 pm

swicked wrote:So yeah... The doctor said they're going to be inducing next week Wednesday.

Please forgive my ignorance, but... inducing?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:33 pm

I think it means "inducing labor", because that's one of the first hits I got off google.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Oy. Congratulations!
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next