Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues with Anti-bronies

+5
Moonlight
CamoBadger
Derpy Hooves
Crona The Critic
OverlordTwiggy
9 posters

Go down

Issues with Anti-bronies Empty Issues with Anti-bronies

Post by OverlordTwiggy Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:28 am

Lately, I've been getting increasingly annoyed with certain individuals I know whenever I discuss anything MLP-related. Now, I understand that not everyone likes the show, but I'm talking about people that dislike it and its fans for no reason (ie without watching MLP, etc). I used to shrug it off as trolling or close-mindedness, but lately it's been really bothering me. I can't talk about the show with my brony friends or even browse EQD on my laptop without eliciting vexing reactions: rolling their eyes, blowing their breath, and sometimes even downright insulting me (sometimes not sure if joking, either). I mean, it's not like I'm shoving it down anyone's throat or trying to indoctrinate them or anything like that.

Recently, I used some MLP fan music in my DnD campaign as battle music, and a non-brony friend really liked it. He found the song and to his confusion and slight rage, it was pony music. I talked to him for a while on FB and he eventually agreed that he was wrong to judge the brony community so harshly and said that he was no longer a hater. However, another friend immediately jumped in and essentially just kept saying that we bronies were the lowest of the low on the internet. I'm not sure if he was trolling, but it really bothered me...

Anyone else have problems like this? How do you deal with it?
OverlordTwiggy
OverlordTwiggy
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Twiggy
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Issues with Anti-bronies Empty Re: Issues with Anti-bronies

Post by Crona The Critic Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:32 am

Ignore the troll.

Haters gonna hate,

Scooter gonna scoot.
Crona The Critic
Crona The Critic
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 8

Character List:
Name: Larva
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:37 am

I've never had a problem, aside from the occasional sigh at the sight of my desktop wallpaper at school, everyone i know still sees me as the same guy, and yes they make friendly stabs as my bronyness, you should have seen my birthday presents this year, most ive ever gotten, but of course most took pokes at my MLP loving, in a nice way, or in an unrelated not so nice way (I got a graphic card from spencers with a nude guy as a stab at me being "gay" which im not and they know) but overall no one REALLY judges me for it, and we all end up laughing in the end together.

so honestly no i haven't had problems. Then again my school is a 200 student charter school, advertised as a "choice" and our main policy is relationships and community, so no one really hates anyone there. My bronyness is no different from the hipsters or the atheists or the doctor who nerds.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:35 am

I experience that issue where I am currently.
A few of the people here with me hate on MLP constantly when it is brought up .
But of course there are also those that except it, and the term 'to each their own' has been used a few times.
I try to ignore the haters, though I doubt I'll be converting anyone here :P
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:52 am

Assert your right to bronyism, and make sure that everyone understands that their insignificant views without insight won't sway you from your beliefs!
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:33 am

The worst I've gotten at school is one person calling me "pony" and the like. One of my friends dislikes the show and doesn't understand it. We don't talk about it unless I find something that'll shock him (like the military patch.) Another one of my friends enjoys the show and stay up to date but doesn't actively partake in the community. My last friend I'll talk about is indifferent as far as I can tell. All 3 friends I mentioned are from when I lived in USA 2 years back before I came to Venezuela.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Brohoof! : 10

Character List:
Name: Nidal
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 am

I don't have any friends to have that issue with ^-^"
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordTwiggy Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Maybe I'm too sensitive? I don't know... I guess it really bothers me how dramatic some of them are. I mean, when I talk about the show to my brony friend or watch it on my laptop, I don't announce "HEY, EVERYPONY! I'M DOING PONY-RELATED THINGS!" But those individuals that I'm complaining about seem to want to be as audible as possible. The moment they see me talking to my friend, they watch me and then pretty much proclaim, "OH GOD, THEY'RE DOING PONY THINGS AGAIN!" to the rest of the group, even though I'd done nothing to warrant that kind of announcement.

I really like the show, but I wish people wouldn't be so immature about it, especially when you consider that all of my friends are in their early to late 20s. I have to wonder if they think I'm doing this for attention, or something... =/
OverlordTwiggy
OverlordTwiggy
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Twiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 pm

I find it funny how as you described, people who should be mature are throwing up a fuss over MLP, because it is "for little girls".

Think about it, the people who are trying to get at for not being mature are acting like the little kids XD
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:49 pm

My teacher teases me about liking it, but he only jokes about it. I show how much I enjoy drawing them and watching the show through my skill in drawing them and my knowledge of the show. I've gotten into my GCSEs with ponies as an objective there, so It's all good.

The sister forum was attacked by some trolls, but I swear they didn't say anything about MLP sucking. they just spammed the topics with random things. I doubt they were anti-bronies rather than trolls.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 12

Character List:
Name: Fluttershy
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by bigmikem2000 Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 am

I was deroin around on mlb and some girl came over qbd watched me then out if the blue she screamed MIKE LIKES MY LITTLE PONY i ignored it no one carred ... everyone hates her ...lol
bigmikem2000
bigmikem2000
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down