Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:53 pm

Mr. Handys: Whoa, was that ever a false positive! I think I misread the context there.

And yeah, mistyped that the whole infinitive should have been cut on that last one.

I miss Meleagridis too.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Mr. Handys: Whoa, was that ever a false positive! I think I misread the context there.
Ah, I'll change it back, then.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:19 am

Sigh... have to go into the IRS soon.  My taxes are a mess.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:10 am

Fuck it, dude, do what I do and just let the Army take back your entire paycheck. Boom; taxes done.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:54 am

Sorry, Somber.

@Frost:
That reminds me of my Mandarin professor in undergrad telling us how, in the PRC, taxes were just taken out of their pay before it was given, and they never even knew how much it was.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:11 am

Oh, I get a Leave & Earnings Statement every month detailing exactly where my money is going--specifically, where besides my pocket my money is going. (+$300 allowance for sustenance, yay! -$350 for access to the DFAC, which is open at best 45% of the time, yay!)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:32 am

Ah, interesting.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:01 am

Eh; it's the same old shit--the inevitable result of miring every step of every process in layers of bureaucracy--especially when processes are regulated and automated for the sake of 'efficiency'--the Government at large, but especially the military, virtually runs on mid-to-low-level personnel from operations to administration being willing to (technically illegally) scam, sham, and corner-cut their way to solutions that actually manage to make things worth through the haze of bullshit.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:06 am

Huh. Also interesting. Thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:09 am

Hurray! I'm too young to pay taxes XD
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoroar Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:33 am

So when they were in Thunderhead and Dawn killed the councellor and said one of Blackjack's friends betrayed her, did we ever find out who or how?

Thoroar
Foal

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:01 am

Do you really think Rampage could be drugged like the rest of the household?

And I let them take an extra 10 dollars a check in taxes just to have a pad... with the understanding that I'll get it back.  Unfortunately, some one used my SSN last year when they filed their taxes to claim an exemption on the kid, and now suddenly I can't file my taxes or get a return.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:24 am

Frost wrote:Oh, I get a Leave & Earnings Statement every month detailing exactly where my money is going--specifically, where besides my pocket my money is going. (+$300 allowance for sustenance, yay! -$350 for access to the DFAC, which is open at best 45% of the time, yay!)
"Here's 300 bucks for food, but since fuck you we're taking 350 for eating the food."
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:26 am

"Oh, hey, funny thing. We fucked up, and you, an E-3,  have been getting E-2 pay for three months. Don't worry, we'll have it sorted out before you make E-4. No, you don't get back-pay."

"Oh, hey, we fucked up. You wound up with an extra fifty bucks a few years ago. I know it's 0930 on your comp-day, but we're gonna need you to drop by S-3 (make sure you have a fresh shave) and get that back to them."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:33 am

"Hey, I know you got promoted to E3 a year ago, and even though there's a video of the promotion, we lost the paperwork so you're still an E2." --two weeks before a promotion (back?) to E3.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:16 am

"Hey, I know you're getting fucked with this [anything] going on, but I'll make it up to you." --every squad leader ever

Current "Make it up to you" points--12, after resetting at the beginning of the new year
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:15 am

Another artwork I found, I'm sure that's what Blackjack would do ^^
http://nemo2d.deviantart.com/art/Security-Mare-394881065
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Security_mare_by_soapdealer54-d6j3o6h

She did do that back in Stable 99, right? ^^"
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:27 am

Hee.  Except she's not allowed alcohol, and in 99 her being drunk would have been a big problem.  99 doesn't have much in the way of punishment and rehabilitation, so it doesn't take much for a mare to recieve capital punishment and some other lucky mare gets to have an extra kid.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty LOLs and LOEs

Post by ILM126 Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:42 am

Somber wrote:Hee.  Except she's not allowed alcohol, and in 99 her being drunk would have been a big problem.  99 doesn't have much in the way of punishment and rehabilitation, so it doesn't take much for a mare to recieve capital punishment and some other lucky mare gets to have an extra kid.

Alright then. LOL. Also, anyone "trying" to play Legends of Equestria?
If anyone has a window laptop and wants to download the game client, I got a version on my site ^^ Hope this helps! https://treblesketch.net/downloads/

(I'm off to bed now, I just spend the past 2~4 hours Scootaloo  trying to get LOE to work... 12:11am 25/01 now, Zzzzzzz Applebloom )
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Somber, I hope you can get your tax problems sorted out with a minimum of pain and trouble.

Somber wrote:Hee.  Except she's not allowed alcohol, and in 99 her being drunk would have been a big problem.  99 doesn't have much in the way of punishment and rehabilitation, so it doesn't take much for a mare to recieve capital punishment and some other lucky mare gets to have an extra kid.
Well, there was at least flogging. But given that you could get that for sex in the showers while off shift, I guess I could see drinking on shift as requiring something harsher. But damn, it's like they were trying to speed the day the whole stable would be massively inbred.

Somber wrote:I also imagined red alicorns with flamer and fireball type spells, yellow alicorns who could do lightning, and orange alicorns who could manipulate time. Probably a good thing I didn't go there, huh?
Yeah, I see some problems there. Where they'd come from is one (though I suppose some uniquely powerful in magic and personality unicorns could have just recently been added to Unity or something, or maybe a second Unity with an initial trial from Red Eye), but past that, fire and lightning seem a little too ordinary to justify a alicorn classes. And adding time stuff seems both potentially too powerful and like something that, if done, would make a better focus of a smaller story than piece of PH. And at that point, why not just make it about the unicorn with the time powers, rather than incorporate it into Unity?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:27 pm

ILM126 wrote:

Alright then. LOL. Also, anyone "trying" to play Legends of Equestria?
If anyone has a window laptop and wants to download the game client, I got a version on my site ^^ Hope this helps! https://treblesketch.net/downloads/

(I'm off to bed now, I just spend the past 2~4 hours Scootaloo  trying to get LOE to work... 12:11am 25/01 now, Zzzzzzz Applebloom )
The LoE servers were under a DDoS attack.  Quite annoying, given that last night was the only time this weekend I knew I'd be able to play.

Why do you have your own version of the client?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:17 am

Okay, who is the Blackjack at magfest? I see you.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:22 pm

We've edited 72 to give the lunar facilities Equus-normal gravity.
Old Text:
New Text:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Sigh... sorry.  Unfortunately this weekend wasn't very productive at all.  I was hoping to get up to page 24 brushed and edited this weekend.  It didn't happen.  And with how little work we got done, I don't know if it will be up next weekend either.

Everything in life right now seems to be turning out as fail.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:09 am

Sometimes things take time. Usually they turn out all the better for it!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:11 am

You teach'n'shit, yeah? Offer extra credit to any student who can edit or critique your work, "to develop their critical analysis and advanced literary structure and grammar skills"

That's what we in the Army call shamming delegating
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:28 am

No.  It's not that.  It was more just not able to get stuff together.  I really want Horizons finished before Everfree, but at this rate it's not going to happen... sigh...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:33 am

Frost wrote:You teach'n'shit, yeah? Offer extra credit to any student who can edit or critique your work, "to develop their critical analysis and advanced literary structure and grammar skills"

I can only imagine what would happen if he were caught doing that, even if he were in the position to as a full-time teacher. Still, can't deny the idea's fun!

swicked wrote:
Vergil wrote:Sometimes things take time. Usually they turn out all the better for it!
Nah, we just need to be more efficient, really.

I really like the chapter so far, though.
Glad to hear that part.

On the recent topic of drinking and punishment in 99:
Chapter 64 wrote:For the duration of her pregnancy, the expectant mother was supposed to take things easy. A mare that drank illegally, or did chems, or took risks was socially castigated. You simply didn’t do it when you were with child. Once the baby was born, things would return to normal; until then, you played it safe and wallowed in all the attention and well-wishes.
So it sounds like there's at least some room for punishment below death, and possibly even flogging. And that that's what happens when you drink while pregnant, merely drinking illegally probably wasn't that harshly punished. But again, I don't see illegally drinking on the job being looked at at all favorably.

Oh, and for big Blackjack fans, you might be interested in checking out "Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman" #6. I think that there are some engaging parallels there, in both of the stories in the issue. Well, that and "Sensation" is probably the best Wonder Woman available right now in general, even if the art is kind of hit-and-miss. But that doesn't have much to do with this topic.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:00 am

"Delegating" work, "Acquiring" gear, "Scheduling an appointment", "Supervising" and "securing" an area are all skills that require a good bit of art and subtlety to perform. That's something that just about every work of fiction gets wrong--patriotism and dedication to one's cause are great, but there's only so much menial work you're going to get from an underpaid and overworked joe or all-that-plus-babysitter NCO.

The depiction of Lieutenant Butterbar eagerly telling a main character that "we stand ready to perform our duty without fail! [organizational motto]!" Is entirely accurate--so long as it includes his platoon standing behind him, collectively rolling their eyes and muttering "shut the fuck up....." Under their breath.

Last edited by Frost on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:50 am

Frost wrote:You teach'n'shit, yeah? Offer extra credit to any student who can edit or critique your work, "to develop their critical analysis and advanced literary structure and grammar skills"

[shudders]
After some of the stories Somber has told about students he's had, I don't want them anywhere near PH with editing permission.

Icy Shake wrote:Still, can't deny the idea's fun!
Nope. No no no. I don't know if Somber would be okay with me sharing some of the things he's told us publicly here, so I won't, but... Oh dear, the mess that could make.
(And yes, also probably illegal and whatnot.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next