Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Craterfist
Downloaded Skill
StoneSlinger88
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
Valikdu
IncoherentOrange
Scyto Harmony
Tytan
Katarn
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Cptadder
iLateralGX
OneMoreDaySK
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Frost
Scienza
Ironmonger
Vinylshadow
25 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:So in two hours of browsing internet my galaxy s4 has gone from 100 to 39% battery.

I think I need either a new battery or a new phone.
Is your screen's brightness all the way up? That can be an issue.

Other than that swicked is right, those things have tonnes of bloatware. Some of which you can't even disable.  How

Edit: Yeah I saw the new 3DS and its pretty cool although kind of a dick move with the improved processor and new buttons that will make the new handheld have some exclusives...
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:40 pm

All bloatware has already been eradicated for a while, and I'm always running at minimal screen luminosity. Plus I always close any app I'm not using and regularly clean the ram.

It's just that the S4's battery is under-sized compared to the average consumption of the device, and it (battery) having gone through more than 400-450 complete charge-discharge cycle in less than a year has probably seriously impacted its health.

Li-ion batteries don't like heat or beeing deeply discharged / discharged at too high a rate, two things this device provide in quantity.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:00 pm

I see. Maybe a new battery will help then.

I can only speak from experience but on my S3 after a while the phone just became a battery hog and the only thing that fixed it was flashing a new ROM. Cyanogenmod (which is very close to stock Android) was much better on my battery than Touchwiz ever was. Even then over the course of about a year I needed to reflash Cyanogenmod because it became unstable and horrible to my battery.

I love Android but they can seriously be a pain sometimes.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:12 pm

So, for those it may interest,

http://www.hermione.com/en/the-hermione-project/the-history/

The Frigate that Lafayette used to reach the US and help it during the War of Independence has been rebuilt in the city where my current base is.

If there's a spot I'll try to visit it tomorrow for the second time (already got a few pics), and if I'm not blocked or some shit like that, I'll to be there next sunday when they'll launch it for the first time.

Also, on the above linked site, you should have dates and stuff for the tour it's going to do in American ports.

http://www.hermione.com/en/the-hermione-project/the-voyage/
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:32 pm

Luckily, I'm finally heading back to the rear after two weeks in the field even as we speak. I'm pretty sure I smell worse than the average person's asshole right now
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:46 pm

iLateralGX wrote:
Edit: Yeah I saw the new 3DS and its pretty cool although kind of a dick move with the improved processor and new buttons that will make the new handheld have some exclusives...

You can get a circle pad pro for the buttons. I got one when I got monster hunter 3 and resident evil revelations (By the way even with the 20 dollar accesory it was still cheaper then it was on XBL or PSN) I just wish they were clear about what it is. Is it the 3DS2? Or is it simply like that upgrade you could get for the N64 that you only really needed for a handful of games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:49 pm

@Frost: that's why they call them "baby wipes"

Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Lastbait:
http://luminaura.deviantart.com/art/2x-pbbts-478855189

Swickedbait:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KoC2vvXVqns/VADoH7xyMyI/AAAAAAAB-CA/G06OykDj_rY/s1600/710302__safe_solo_animated_trixie_3d_tree_sfm_diatrixes_derpibooru%2Bexclusive_chasing%2Bown%2Btail.gif
http://8bitamy.deviantart.com/art/Water-Fight-474587790
http://gamermac.deviantart.com/art/Do-u-like-bananas-478771496
http://prinnywesker.deviantart.com/art/Trixie-Fatale-474618830

Harmonybait:
http://joakaha.deviantart.com/art/MLP-FIM-Fleur-The-Lis-First-Princess-Role-478802631
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Last wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:

You can get a circle pad pro for the buttons. I got one when I got monster hunter 3 and resident evil revelations (By the way even with the 20 dollar accesory it was still cheaper then it was on XBL or PSN) I just wish they were clear about what it is. Is it the 3DS2? Or is it simply like that upgrade you could get for the N64 that you only really needed for a handful of games.
The circle pad pro looks so shitty though. 

It's not a new console, they did the same thing with DSi (which there were a few exclusives for) however this time there are more buttons instead of just a better processor and more VRAM.

Last edited by iLateralGX on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Too many Harmony Theory Spoilers

gaaah

meanwhile, cringing my way through Wasteland Bouquet...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:25 pm

swickedlulz?:
derpmindlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Those "Beep Beep" pictures are adorable

Pegasus Combat Camo:

Eggheads:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Gooooooooddamnit. Everywhere I look on this base, there's a mountain there. And every time I look, it gets closer. 

We fuckin' did it. Thirteen years we've been lighting up the mountains of Afghanistan with everything from M4s to JDAMs, and now we've pissed off the whole mountain race. That's why this brigade is stuck here: we have to defend America's southern border from the goddamn mountains. 

Oh, no one believed me, at first. Then this shit happened:

Shit that happened:

Last edited by Mister Frost on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:50 pm

You pissed off the land

May whatever deity you worship have mercy on your souls
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Of course, everyone knows mountains are evil, anyway. It goes all the way back to Greek mythology. Syciphus is pushing a boulder up a mountain. Why is there a mountain in Tartarus, huh? 'Cause that mountain was a fucking asshole, that's why. Where did the Gods live when they weren't smiting and/or raping mortals for no goddamn reason? Oh, yeah. On top of a mountain. 

They are a cruel people, the mountains. It's as if they had hearts of stone.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:02 pm

Mountains are the real villain

We should raze them all to the ground

#DownWithEverest
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:10 pm

I think I'm starting to turn into Gavin Free. The other day, I told my mom I was gonna grab a banana for breakfast before I helped her around the house, and I couldn't think of the word for the fruit. I ended up calling it a "yellow peeler".

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Is it time to say that mountai s are my domain?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:30 pm

swicked wrote:
...but those are both real words.
Gavin would call it something more like a bandy anna or a mellish boomafruit.

Now that I think about it, I have to agree with you. Still, it felt so odd to say that I just stared off into space for a second like "I don't know what the hell I'm doing anymore."

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Is it time to say that mountai s are my domain?
Your domain is the mechanic shop where you and all your Chair Force buddies play with each others' "wrenches" all day. 

Knowing my goddamn luck, when I PCS at the absolute soonest opportunity, I'll get orders for goddamn Fort Drum with the 10th Mountain division. The post whose claim to fame is having the Army's highest suicide rate.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
swicked wrote:
...but those are both real words.
Gavin would call it something more like a bandy anna or a mellish boomafruit.

Now that I think about it, I have to agree with you. Still, it felt so odd to say that I just stared off into space for a second like "I don't know what the hell I'm doing anymore."
I'm sorry Iron to hear you developed early onset Gavinism. Someday we will find a cure.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Cptadder wrote:
I'm sorry Iron to hear you developed early onset Gavinism.  Someday we will find a cure.

I've almost got the nose to be Gavin. This is bad.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:32 pm

*intensity intensifies*
Possible ph spoilers:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:04 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Holy fuck.....

Chapter 21
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

On an unrelated note, I liked Expendables 3 just as much as I did the first two, but I get the feeling I'm the only one here dumb and uncultured enough to actually enjoy those movies.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:49 pm

You guys should probably create a separate thread for this Harmony Theory stuff.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:54 pm

Yeah, I think it's gotten to that point.

Mister Frost wrote:*snip*
Hey, don't diss the mountains. Those mountains are fucking awesome.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:13 am

@Tyler (LoL)
Dunno if I've got you summoner name, actually! I've played LoL with people from here before a couple of times, so I assumed I had everyone. I'll try to remember to send you a friend request next time I get on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:34 am

A couple songs I find generally entertaining:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:03 am

lul:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:49 am

That is all. Continue.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next