Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Zolaheuzis
geekladd
Technowolf
Meleagridis
Bootleg
iLateralGX
Frost
Caoimhe
Lex4art
Syroc
Scootayay
Train Dodger
DaWarWolf
JadedPony
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Downloaded Skill
OneMoreDaySK
Kippershy
Aonee
Vergil
Karasu
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Fellorn
CD
Derpmind
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Borsuq
Heart of Blades
Scienza
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Somber
Vexd
Shady
O. Hinds
pokeperson1000
SilentCarto
Dutcher
Rayndalf
Silver136
Vinylshadow
Icy Shake
51 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Silver136 Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:02 am

Scienza wrote:Seconded. The multiplayer is incredibly fun and, complaints about the ending aside, the single-player is still fantastic. Especially Citadel. Citadel is the best thing ever.
And that'd not even including the tons of downloadable content and extra characters and custom weapons in multiplayer, all of which are completely free.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 am

Right, we'll send Somber to Bioware and have him help produce Fallout: Equestria - the book/movie/musical/amusement park and have him weave some Horizons sidequests into the story or something...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:44 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always. Also, no other chapter editing today? Nice! The load times ("Unresponsive script, unresponsive script, unresponsive script, unresponsive script…") for that are pretty annoying.

Icy Shake wrote:That gave me a chance to address something else.
**Most of the quotation marks and apostrophes before this are non-directional
I'm afraid that I don't know what controls that and often can barely spot it even with you pointing it out. Sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:"there'd been" or "they'd been in"?
This refers to the shacks outside.

Icy Shake wrote:"hind legs"
Hm. I'm sure that that's a word, but I'm not finding sources backing me up. It ought to be a word, I think… Well, change made.

Icy Shake wrote:Is Eclipse black or "dusky lavender", as she was originally introduced in 49? The third time I found that her color is named specifically, in 59 ("accompanied by the black pegasus Eclipse in the"), it's black. If it matters (for aethetics, I guess), her mane is royal blue, and I don't think her eye color was identified.
Dusky lavender, I think, unless Somber contradicts me.

Icy Shake wrote:"niter"
Ah, is that a Commonwealth/American English difference?

Icy Shake wrote:"liquefy"
Same with that?

Icy Shake wrote:"goddess" should be capitalized, I think
Eh… I'm not sure here either, but I think that that would work.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Silver136 wrote:
Scienza wrote:Seconded. The multiplayer is incredibly fun and, complaints about the ending aside, the single-player is still fantastic. Especially Citadel. Citadel is the best thing ever.
And that'd not even including the tons of downloadable content and extra characters and custom weapons in multiplayer, all of which are completely free.

Yes, but on the other hand you have to play the lottery everytime you want something new. If you do choose to spend money on the multiplayer you have to do it in the worst way, and it doesn't make any sense. How can a game that is strictly cooperative be pay to win? Wish they had made it so you could purchase whatever you wanted, but if you tried to purchase something specific as opposed to the lottery boxes it cost more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Last wrote:
Silver136 wrote:

Yes, but on the other hand you have to play the lottery everytime you want something new. If you do choose to spend money on the multiplayer you have to do it in the worst way, and it doesn't make any sense. How can a game that is strictly cooperative be pay to win? Wish they had made it so you could purchase whatever you wanted, but if you tried to purchase something specific as opposed to the lottery boxes it cost more.
I actually liked the use of the lottery system. It meant that no matter whether you paid for it or how long you've been playing, you have the exact same chance of getting something good. New players can get directly into the game quickly and you can't just buy your way to power. It also made party makeup a whole lot more varied.

Of course, the random number gods hate me, and there's nothing quite like playing five hours of gold matches only to get five Turian sentinels.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:50 pm

At the very least I would have appreciated a little less randomization. Getting the same character multiple times for all the customization options and the same gun ten times so it could be as strong as it could be is in my opinion ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Vergil wrote:Never saw Dark Knight Rises.

Now I don't need to anyway.
Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, David Bushey stepped into the Quantum Leap Accelerator... and vanished.
He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change games and movies for the better. His only guide on this journey is Hinds, an observer from his own time who appears in the form of a hologram only David can see and hear. And so Mr. Bushey finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once was written wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Heh.
...What happened to Bronode, though? (I'm also wondering about swicked, Heartshine, and Snipehamster (...not so much about Hidden), but Bronode's been with the team since... Chapter 14, it looks like.)
I mean, thank you for the honor, but most of it isn't mine.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:49 am

O. Hinds wrote:Heh.
...What happened to Bronode, though?  (I'm also wondering about swicked, Heartshine, and Snipehamster (...not so much about Hidden), but Bronode's been with the team since... Chapter 14, it looks like.)
I mean, thank you for the honor, but most of it isn't mine.
1) You're one of the most active, forum-wise.
2) You have a single-syllable name.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:52 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:That gave me a chance to address something else.
**Most of the quotation marks and apostrophes before this are non-directional
I'm afraid that I don't know what controls that and often can barely spot it even with you pointing it out.  Sorry.
Okay, might get around to that later.
O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:"hind legs"
Hm.  I'm sure that that's a word, but I'm not finding sources backing me up.  It ought to be a word, I think…  Well, change made.
I don't know why "foreleg" seems to be a word but not "hindleg," but this is English we're talking about.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:"niter"
Ah, is that a Commonwealth/American English difference?

Icy Shake wrote:"liquefy"
Same with that?
Looks like it.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:22 am

Vergil wrote:Never saw Dark Knight Rises.

Now I don't need to anyway.

Be glad. It was just.. just.. bad. The premise for the entire movie was retardation. 

Random villains that had an agenda that made no sense using a fusion reactor that Wayne had and knew worked, but wouldn't release to the public because he didn't think mankind was ready for the kind of destructive power fusion could produce yet there was only ONE MAN ON EARTH who could turn it into a bomb or disarm it so the first few minutes of the movie is the capture of this ONE SINGLE MAN IN ALL THE WORLD who could turn it into a bad thing. 

So basically Batman kept free energy, the end of air-pollution and a source of power that would let us easily begin exploring space to himself because there was a 0.00000001% chance that the one man on earth who was believed to be dead at the time, could turn it into a bomb.

Then the villains come to Gotham and seize control of the town, leaving themselves no way out and activate the bomb with no way to disarm it. So their plan was basically go in, make a show of establishing anarchy and then blow everything up so that... nothing would change... there wasn't even a pretence of a greater goal. It was just "Gotham must burn and we want Batman to watch it happen!" They even wanted Batman to SURVIVE it burning. They at one point captured him and sent him overseas to be in a prison. Like, seriously, it's like a retarded, 14 year old wrote a fanfiction and the bad guys found it then thought, "Hey we could do that!"  

The main thing I took away from the movie was "Bruce Wayne is a monumental dick to the rest of humanity." and "The League of Assassins are Ninja assassins who never assassinate anyone. They always invade like an army ran by the worst leaders in history."
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:19 am

The Dark Knight Rises wasn't exactly the most spectacular finale to the trilogy. Batman is only in the film for about fifteen minutes and Bruce Wayne spends most of his time stuck in a hole with a broken back. I enjoyed Catwoman, and Bane was at least entertaining enough despite the difficulty understanding him, though Talia's handling was a mess. The odds of turning the super secret energy conductor into a nuke are obviously, conveniently in the badguys' favour, and the motives behind Bane's plan are very confusing and flawed - Ra's al Ghul and Scarecrow (who has really been underused in the films) wanted to just out destroy Gotham with fear, and The Joker wanted to prove deep down everyone is as nuts as he is. Bane...I don't get it. Why wait three months to nuke the place? Just do it. And there's all the minor but silly things like Bruce's magic robotic kneebrace, the fact that the film forgets he has no cartilidge in his leg and his back was somehow healed correctly, how and when did Batman jump out of the Bat Plane to live, for some reason Rachel and the Joker can't be named on screen, Alfred leaving, and other such things.

I'm curious what the opinions are on Man of Steel.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:36 am

SilentCarto wrote:1) You're one of the most active, forum-wise.
2) You have a single-syllable name.
Ah, okay.

Icy Shake wrote:I don't know why "foreleg" seems to be a word but not "hindleg," but this is English we're talking about.
Aye.  [shrugs]  I mean, we could just say "It's a word because we say it is, the meaning is clear, and there's no Academy to contradict us", if we wanted to.

@JadedPony:
…What.  Okay, yeah, I'm getting the impression that reading Somber's summary version is a more fun experience (from my perspective, at least) than watching the long special-effects-filled moved that was actually made, if that was the plot.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:11 am

Scienza wrote:
Somber wrote:I'd work for Bioware in a heartbeat.
Holy shit this would be awesome.
That would be a dream come true for me, not gonna lie.
Only thing that would be better is if Bioware and Bethesda worked together on a AAA open world game.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:07 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Somber wrote:I'd work for Bioware in a heartbeat.
Holy shit this would be awesome.
That would be a dream come true for me, not gonna lie.
Only thing that would be better is if Bioware and Bethesda worked together on a AAA open world game.

Don't tease me like that.

That's worse than saying Valve's posted details about Half-Life 2 - Episode 3

Although the concepts I've seen for it are gorgeous
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Maybe I should actually talk about the chapter for once. No?

As per usual everything that I would want to say about it has already been said. I will repeat however that it was a very fine chapter, I can hardly remember the days when combat between less than God Tier Characters would take a toll on BJ. But that is to be expected. It was good seeing all the old chums again. Probably for the last time unfortunately, if this ending goes the route I think it will go. 

Spoiler:

Last edited by tylertoon2 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Yeah, their "Marathon Rebound Sex" doesn't really strike me as a permanent solution/relationship

Would be nice if they could have some kind of happy honest heart-to-heart between BJ, MG and P-21 and come to terms with their feelings for one another

Maybe if they all come through the upcoming battle, although part of me thinks even if they do, Glory's going to become to the Black Mountain Bat Ponies what Velvet is to the Alicorns - their link to the outside world and won't stay with Blackjack

Try to bring them back from the brink of annihilation by diversifying their gene pool, getting them acclimated to the Wasteland, that sort of thing

The idea of Blackjack having sex with Littlepip intrigues me though
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Yeah, their "Marathon Rebound Sex" doesn't really strike me as a permanent solution/relationship

Would be nice if they could have some kind of happy honest heart-to-heart between BJ, MG and P-21 and come to terms with their feelings for one another

Maybe if they all come through the upcoming battle, although part of me thinks even if they do, Glory's going to become to the Black Mountain Bat Ponies what Velvet is to the Alicorns - their link to the outside world and won't stay with Blackjack

Try to bring them back from the brink of annihilation by diversifying their gene pool, getting them acclimated to the Wasteland, that sort of thing

The idea of Blackjack having sex with Littlepip intrigues me though
Personally what I bet on happening is.

Spoiler:
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:38 pm

"Quite an impressive monologue for someone stabbed through the heart ten minutes ago"

That's what I liked about Steelhooves' death in the original

Quick, painless and rather unexpected
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:"Quite an impressive monologue for someone stabbed through the heart ten minutes ago"

That's what I liked about Steelhooves' death in the original

Quick, painless and rather unexpected
True. A quick Steelhooves style death is actually much more likely
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Alas, I don't see many Hellhounds on the Moon
Moonhounds, the final line of defense of the moon base

If that is a thing, you don't need to credit me, although cursing me for spoiling it is more than welcome
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Yeah, their "Marathon Rebound Sex" doesn't really strike me as a permanent solution/relationship

I think Glory's feelings were pretty clear. She doesn't like the wang. She is not attracted to males at all so she doesn't want to be in a relationship with BJ and P-21.
However, she knows that in the long run, P-21 is better for Blackjack and Blackjack isn't good for her, so she let Blackjack go. I don't think there is a "Fixing" Glory/BlackJack any more. They matured and moved on, it's part of life. It's good for both of them. Blackjack just has trouble letting go. She's still trying to win the game of Glory but at this point, the only winning move is not to play.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:19 pm

I think BJ's whole reaction and rush to P-21 screams "denial"  and "one problem at a time let me not be mature about this because I'm Blackjack" but that's just me (speaking from experience D: ).

Who knows what's intended and I'm not one to play the death of the author card when the author is right here but the "gotta get back to Glory" rush that has been especially prevalent throughout this entire arc and the rather abrupt jump to P-21 which focused a lot on the sex rather than the emotional aspect says to me we haven't seen the end of this conflict.

If I see PH ending with BJ alive, I imagine there will be a very brief victory moment for BJ followed by complete mental breakdown collapse and crying because her largest motivation throughout will be complete which will make her face the reality of everything else and how completely emotionally unstable she is. BJ is entirely codependent on her quest.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Maybe they'll put Blackjack into the same system Goldenblood was in to keep her "safe"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:35 pm

That'd be shitty. Goldenblood was all kinds of horrible and deserved it. BJ is just a nut, she needs people and a stable environment to keep her productive. If anything, PH tells you you can't force maturity into folks and expect them to come out okay. She's never experienced freedom, either inside the stable or out, and the ideal situation is some sorta settling down. I'd say the kid might help but she would need help with that by far.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I think BJ's whole reaction and rush to P-21 screams "denial"  and "one problem at a time let me not be mature about this because I'm Blackjack" but that's just me (speaking from experience D: ).

Who knows what's intended and I'm not one to play the death of the author card when the author is right here but the "gotta get back to Glory" rush that has been especially prevalent throughout this entire arc and the rather abrupt jump to P-21 which focused a lot on the sex rather than the emotional aspect says to me we haven't seen the end of this conflict.

If I see PH ending with BJ alive, I imagine there will be a very brief victory moment for BJ followed by complete mental breakdown collapse and crying because her largest motivation throughout will be complete which will make her face the reality of everything else and how completely emotionally unstable she is. BJ is entirely codependent on her quest.

Oh, I don't disagree, Blackjack is totally on team Glory because she thinks, at least subconsciously, that Glory needs her and wants her. Glory may love her, but she doesn't need her. Also I think subconsciously she still thinks P-21 will stick around no matter what. While Blackjack was away Glory grew up. What Blackjack wants really doesn't matter any more. Glory is going to do what Blackjack does to other ponies all the time, she is going to do what is best for Blackjack, whether Blackjack likes it or not. In fact, we should coin a phrase for it, getting Blackjacked. When your friends take away all your drugs, you got Blackjacked! When your friend tells you that the girl you are with is a love draining monster just using you because you have a kind heart, you got Blackjacked. When your mother jumps in front of a slaver's whip to take the lash in your place, she just Blackjacked you! 

Blackjacked:

1) To do the right thing for someone who doesn't want your help. 
2) To do something stupid for someone who doesn't want your help and hope it turns out to be the right thing.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:11 pm

I'd love to see Glory's side of the story, she's gone through a fuckton more than BJ as a whole and she actually grew up.

bes pon pegasus master race
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Completely off topic: Caoimhe's avatar image made me realize something. If healing potions can push past the refractory period of males, I wonder if you could drink a bottle of whiskey, then drink a healing potion and have the effects of the alcohol wear off? If so can you imagine the fortune that could be made selling whiskey with healing potion chasers? Drink all night, stay drunk as long as you want, never get so drunk you fall down or make a fool of yourself, you could just stay in the warm happy place all night until you pass out and no hangovers in the morning. 

Assuming you don't die of alcohol poisoning. It's definitely a theory that needs testing.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:21 pm

I feel like that has been brought up before at least once, or for a case against it. I'm thinking Vanilla did with regard to Pippy's """"""drug problem.""""""
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:22 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:The P-21/Jack Romance seems not really to be a Romance...
Well, I think you're right, but I think that's okay. BJ has never been good at romance -- witness her pass at Midnight in chapter 1 -- and let's be honest, she's been out of the stable all of, what, five months? And effectively alone for three of them. Combined with the pressing concerns of stopping Horizons, that's not a lot of time to get socially adjusted. She started the story by noting that security mares in 99 were sort of outcast, and her lousy grasp of magic made her a misfit even among them. Her whole adult life has been largely self-focused -- not only in terms of "I want", but also "I'm not" and "I can't" and "I have to". I guess what I'm saying is, it would probably be more surprising if BJ did suddenly stumble her way into a stable (heh) relationship.

I mean, are we really proposing that P-21 is capable of romance, either? The closest thing he's ever had to a loving relationship was Duct Tape playing house with him as an unwilling participant. If a couple of severely broken ponies like that can manage to approximate a happy life together in this screwed-up wasteland, I say more power to 'em.

For however long it lasts.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next