Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Aonee
Cptadder
iLateralGX
O. Hinds
Scyto Harmony
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Frost
Kattlarv
Katarn
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
20 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:07 am

No visible symptoms. No silly ads showing up. No jumping to fakesite.com. Straight up attack on the router password that locked my dad out, thankfully pretty sure whatever is using my computer didn't get in. Seeing Upload and Download activity even though nothing is doing so.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:23 am

Change access port on your router, it should be available in it's settings, tough I'd recommend you use someone's laptop or, if possible access it from mobile device, so you'll be sure no keyloggers or other nasty stuff would try to get your password _AND_ change your password to 14-digit with both capital and small letters and throw some $ and 0 there.
Image $ = S and 0 = O
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:45 am

Again Router is safe for the moment, blocking any attempt at accessing. Pop reset and changed the password. But before that, whatever is on my rig was forwarding every port. My current worry is trying to root out whatever is on my rig before accessing the network again, figuring out how it got on there, and how to prevent that from happening.

Current working theory is whoever it is got in through my I.E. 10. Had to downgrade in order to access gov't training site outside of work zone. Stupid outdated policies.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 am

Try this. Install Comodo AV WITH firewall (turn Kaspersky in meantime off). Set Comodo firewall into either paranoid or learning state, this way for every attempt at accessing network from both outside and inside it would ask for permission. It's hard way, but this way you'll be able to root out what's scanning your ports w/o any downgrades and re-installs.
And don't worry, Comodo is free.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:10 am

Guess I'll try it when I get home. Currently scanning with stuff. Though I remember one time another computer of mine was infested with something nasty that knew about the removal tools and wouldn't let you open them. Bypassed by giving the programs 'codenames'.
Cure.exe
Scan.exe
Seeker.exe
Copper.exe
Purge.exe
Nuke.exe
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:16 am

Yeah, sometimes viruses are like that, encountered one like that once.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:39 am

On one of my old laptops I got not one but two 'moneypak' viruses.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 am

Worst one I've seen was a friend who got one that changed the icons on desktop to NSWF links, the background to some more NSFW stuff, and forced a looping playback of a soundclip "HEY MOM! I'M WATCHING GAY PR0N!" on a loop. No idea what that was all about, but I pretty much had to do a fresh install for him.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:46 am

I may have to read that series... => http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/TheLaundrySeries
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:24 pm

@Harmony
Sounds like that series has got a laundry list of good things in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:32 pm

*cannedlaughter.wav*
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:44 pm

*sunglasses.bmp*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:39 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Kim
I believe it was Downloaded Skill who wanted to take a discussion with you to outside this thread.

Ugh. Been reading pony fic and reading comments. This one particular person keeps popping up and posting
[Sound Effect] <3 <3 <3 :fluttershy: :fluttercry:
For me, that's pretty much no content whatsoever. It really bothers me, but I know it shouldn't that much.
Okies.

And that does sound rather peculiar if you ask me.

@Last: Ha! I found out the other way around xD I thought they could only be used outside of battle x3
And can agree on that mission. It was really derp. Like "Oh hey, the guy that promised us money is dead. But that's k, we're mercs, so we fight for free!" I can say the worst "wtf?" moment of that was if you chose to tell both long term rivals to fuck off. (and wyvren-escape from there with the pansy) Basically, "Arr, we have hated each other our entire life! (Like... what's a decent example? Nazi forces and jews? I really don't know, couldn't come up with a good game reference. But basically, you meet these two... ah yeah: eberron drow and high elves. Basically that. And they both go "Help me kill these fuckers!" and point at each other. And you can either join the asshats, or the douchebags. OR you can tell both to fuck off, in which, they will ally with each other to take you down... because that makes sense... "Hey human, help me kill these filthy drow! - No, help us murder these stuck up fuckers! - Nah. You deal with that yourself. - What!? You refuse to pick side? Come my life long Nemesis! KILL THEM FOR BEING NEUTRAL IN OUR CONFLICT!1!" it's just... wat? But yeah, the AI does retarded things at times. Like "I can either kill their king... or, I can murder this peasant for no reason or gain whatsoever... DEATH TO PEASANTS! LONG LIVE GAGGALOR! And cabbage smoothies!" But yeah... I solved that situation with severe backflipping... mmm... backflipping... (I find it really retarded that the assassin class doesn't have any acrobatic movements though xD I mean, even the horses backflip harder than that xD) Also, speaking of the assassin, found it derp that if you pick female, and "pre-teen-ish" body, you got suddenly tits when going to assassin. Like, just out of no-where. Suddenly bust. xP From flat to phat in 10 seconds xD

On another side note, something I found bs in the game series Metal Slug (that I otherwise love...well, bar from BS "the only way to progress is to die" moments.) is the "I am busy killing someone, come back later" animations. Say you play co-op. A plant eats one of you. And for this reason, it can't be killed, but acts like a invulnerable shield you can't get through, but the enemies can get to you. Kinda like... if your archer has 4 units around them, and other archers can shoot at you, but you can't shoot back, because you are in melee with something. Or oh: An archer is shooting at your melee unit, so you are not allowed to harm the archer, because they have attacked a unit that round. Basically that. Just really frustrating to have that enemy block off all your attacks, grenades and whatnot, just eating it up while it allows other enemies to kill you casually, because you can't get to them.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Been getting two trailers today on youtube vids.
Dracula - Man turns into monster to save family, drinks blood and gains superpower. Can control swarms of bats to the point of it being pretty much TK.
Lucy - Features Morgan Freeman. Running off the premise of '10% of your brain'. Apparently there's a drug that increases brain usage, and a mule gets the drug broken in her stomach, giving her increasing superpowers and decreasing empathy to sociopathy. Mind and matter manipulation. (Personally waiting for twist ending where she's just suffering from epilepsy).

@Kim
If you like Metal Slug, what do you think about Broforce and Mercenary Kings, both of which were on Steam Summer Sales?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Two 22 hour road trips complete! Back home just in time to hear Newfoundlanders complain about being Canadian!

Life is great.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Were the road trips with friends or family? Not sure how road trips with friends but I know from the ones that I've taken with my family usually end in us not talking to each other for an hour or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:48 pm

Family. I was with my Sister, Father, and Mother, driving to visit my Oldest Sister at her new apartment for a few days.

10 hours to drive across Newfoundland.
6 Hours on a Ferry.
6 Hoursto drive to Halifax.

4 Days later? The same only vice versa.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:35 pm

@Scyto.

That sounds miserable, I think I'd need to be away from my folks for a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:38 pm

*glomps Scyto* Welcome back!

swicked wrote:
I want to enslave some people. I only have three servants so far.
I bet there's a mod for that.

In other news, I am slowly making my way through Kill la Kill.

It makes my brain "wtf" at times, but I am entertained.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:45 pm

swicked wrote:Gosh, I love 5 hour energy.
Anyone else try it? I keep a stock in my desk.
It's my perfect little high. Everything is a little brighter and more glorious.
I might be getting addicted to "B vitamins".

Anyway, I've been kinda inactive the last several days and will continue to be so in the foreseeable future. I have discovered Skyrim and it has replaced real people interactions for the time being.

You know, there really aren't enough scripted opportunities to be evil an ass in this game. Robbing all the stuff in this one old guy's collection of oddities turned amateur museum. Trapping the soul of the guy that trapped his soul in the black star to achieve immortality in a different black soul stone and letting his student think his master's soul is finally free. Stealing stuff right in front of their owners and telling off the guard 'cause you're a thane or whatever. Paying for training and pickpocketting it back, planting poison on the pickpocketting "master" while you're at it.
I wish I could rage people without their knowledge. More cliffs with people standing next to them would be nice, too.
No more quests to carry supplies up a mountainside to a bunch of arrogant greybeards that have the audacity to use their voice magic to get you to visit them, then require you prove you are the one they summoned in the first place.
These mute NPC sons of witches need to learn their place in the new world order.
Them and the other dozen or so secret societies asking for my help.

Edit:
I really hope there's some way to play the imperials and stormies off each other and come out master of skyrim. That would be sweet.
Also, gotta figure out how to quietly assassinate people. I know there's an assassin guild secret society... they keep sending guys after me. Maybe they give me the ability? I should hope so.
What the game needs, really, is some equivalent to "Terrifying Presence", except instead of just verbally assaulting folks, you get the option to spare the final foe in a group of enemies to spread the tales of your slaughter. And you get to decide if they really need their hands/eyes/kneecaps to accomplish that. 

Also, man-face cloaks. The crafting table let me down, man. Let me fuckin' down.

Anywho, there's a game on Steam currently in Alpha, which appears to revolve entirely around Mages and all the fun stuff they do--specifically, you can craft and design your own spells wholesale and do all kinds of fun and grizzly shit to people. I'm sure that'll interest anyone with $30 to spare.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:44 pm

swicked wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:Family. I was with my Sister, Father, and Mother, driving to visit my Oldest Sister at her new apartment for a few days.

10 hours to drive across Newfoundland.
6 Hours on a Ferry.
6 Hoursto drive to Halifax.

4 Days later? The same only vice versa.
Wait, so, 22 hours of driving straight? If so, wow.

Well, we weren't driving on the Ferry, we were just trying to sleep in the least comfortable chairs possible.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:58 pm

swicked wrote:

Not Skyrim, but I'm thinking you might be interested. There's a choice in Jade Empire that if you take it all of your friends with the exception of two will threaten to leave if you don't rectify it. You can choose to respond by binding their souls to your body and enslaving them.

RoboRed wrote:In other news, I am slowly making my way through Kill la Kill.

It makes my brain "wtf" at times, but I am entertained.

I wonder if you got to my favorite quote yet...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Oh and for the Xbox guys Gotham City impostors is one of the free games this month. It's a multi player only shooter with thing like grapling hooks and glider rigs where you play as two rival gangs that idolize batman and joker.

I already own it so if there's enough of us we could do something like a game night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:43 pm

I'm downloadin' that shiznit now. If there's another game that'll let me be a modern-day harpy (a hot chick with glider wings and an AK), a rocket-slinging obese motherfucker on rollerblades, or Turok with......Batman stuff......then let me know
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Swickedbait:
http://sophiecabra.deviantart.com/art/Everything-the-Light-Touches-464740407
http://pony-berserker.deviantart.com/art/The-Royal-Flu-Comic-cover-463749287
http://obcor.deviantart.com/art/Necromancy-464929774

KLK/pone:
http://zacatron94.deviantart.com/art/Twilight-Ryuko-464280816
http://kunaike.deviantart.com/art/commission-Ryuko-and-Applebloom-464753511
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Last wrote:Oh and for the Xbox guys Gotham City impostors is one of the free games this month. It's a multi player only shooter with thing like grapling hooks and glider rigs where you play as two rival gangs that idolize batman and joker.

I already own it so if there's enough of us we could do something like a game night.
Yes! I loved the shit out of that game on PC.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:34 am

Toady One on the next version of Dwarf Fortress wrote:The game is coming out next week! Soon you will get to join us in the living hell of debugging this monster. Almost everything about dwarf behavior had to be changed for this release, so literally every aspect of the game is crawling with bugs. We didn't wait this long because we hate you! We just wanted to get rid of the most soul-crushing bugs so you could join us in perfecting this creation without pulling out all of your hair!

Well... that's honest of him.

I'm sort of terrified.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:39 am

So now DF would be definition of 'punishing yourself, while playing game', instead of Dark Souls?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:42 am

Katarn wrote:So now DF would be definition of 'punishing yourself, while playing game', instead of Dark Souls?
I'm pretty sure DF always held that title, just that Dark Souls is like scaling a very high wall while with DF, the wall is covered in spikes.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:45 am

Ah yes...I still remember how I dug into this one cave and few minutes later glorious dwarf fortress was haunted evil place with no living dwarf inside.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next