Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would anyone be interested in a one-shot roll20 this weekend?

3 posters

Go down

Would anyone be interested in a one-shot roll20 this weekend? Empty Would anyone be interested in a one-shot roll20 this weekend?

Post by Cptadder Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Simple question, room for five a three or four hour one shot campaign this Sunday I'm thinking not sure when. It will be 4th edition the characters will be pre-gen so all you have to do is come up with a name and play the character everything else is taken care of. I want to tweak a campaign I've been working on again off again for a few years more details to come if we get some interest.

I wanted post this earlier this week but I thought I had someplace to be Sunday which has been moved to next Friday instead.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a one-shot roll20 this weekend? Empty Re: Would anyone be interested in a one-shot roll20 this weekend?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:38 pm

What's the setting? Fallout Equestria or something else entirely?

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a one-shot roll20 this weekend? Empty Re: Would anyone be interested in a one-shot roll20 this weekend?

Post by Cptadder Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Last wrote:What's the setting? Fallout Equestria or something else entirely?
Normal D&D 4th edition so elves and orcs, pirate captains and tax collectors
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:48 pm

I'm interested, but I'd probably just slow it down. Not familiar with any of the rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Last wrote:I'm interested, but I'd probably just slow it down. Not familiar with any of the rules.
4th Edition is dead easy to pick up which is why I'm using it.  

Every class has the same basic mechanics

"At Will", "Encounter" and "Daily's"  Think of them as WoW talents or spells.  You can use them whenever you want, once per fight or once per day.  As first level you'll have two or three At-wills a single encounter and a single daily.  Your defenses will be AC, Fortitude, Reflex or Will.  All attacks target one of those three and since these are pre-gen I'll be handling that side.

The nice thing about 4th edition is you get these easy to understand stat blocks and cards.  Each one will tell you roll a d20 add +whatever to that number and that's your an attack... what happens when you hit and anything else you can do.  Battle is move, minor and standard which is just "I can move my speed, "I can do something minor" and "I can attack or move again"

Let me steal this image as an example
Would anyone be interested in a one-shot roll20 this weekend? Wpid-DwarfSlayer

Looks complicated all you care about is your HP (Obvious) your Spd (Speed how many squares you can move) and your four defenses of Ac, Fort, Ref, and Will. The two cards there are examples of At wills and the text is small but it does the math for you for the most part.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Alright, if it's simple as you say I'm willing to give it a shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:13 pm

with a grand total of 1 person interested looks like this is not happening
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Sorry about that Adder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:55 pm

I'd be interested too. Three or four hours is a little... intimidating; I've never done a roleplaying game before, but I'd like to try if you'd have a newbie.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Maybe next time. Still trying to figure out what to do. Alouette is in a similar position as Blackjack with a room full of guns pointed at her at the moment, and no plot armor.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down