Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
CD
Retl
kingkodus
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Harmony Ltd.
Dekshuduph
Train Dodger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Luminous Lead
pokeperson1000
Technowolf
Valikdu
Thoroar
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
FeatherDust
neoaustin
Loud_Taffy
OneMoreDaySK
MSCA
Evilgidgit
WavemasterRyx
ARoundCorner
Exodus Hero
Silver136
Dutcher
RoboRed
Somber
Borsuq
Derpmind
Shady
Vergil
Rayndalf
Vinylshadow
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Scienza
44 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Lex4art Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Also, here small attempt to make BJ's smiles from existing MLP smile-o-pack (most made from re-colored DJ-PON3):
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj1[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj2[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj3[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj4[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj5[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj6[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj7[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj8[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj9[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj10[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj11[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj12[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj13[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj14[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj15[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj16[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj17[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj18[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj19[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj20[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj21[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj22[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj23[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj24[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj25[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj26[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj27[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj28[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj29
Actually this work better be done by serious artist (to add more "BlackJackness") but i'm far from it; hope it fun anyway [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bj6.

Last edited by Lex4art on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lex4art
Lex4art
Foal

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Also, no one's answered my question about Nallar's epub versions, and I'm not sure how I'd check them myself.
You can just navigate to nallar.me/fics and download the EPUB, then extract with 7zip, or presumably other file extraction programs. It's only up to chapter 67, I guess because nallar updates weekly. I don't know what to do about the Kindle edition, but assume it's up to the same point.
Ah, thank you.  I guess that the person saying that they'd not found any that went past 58 just wasn't aware of it.  It's linked on the hub page, you know.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Just read the chapter! Been without internet for a couple days on account of a storm (that hit where I'm currently staying, not my home, happily).
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:31 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Also, no one's answered my question about Nallar's epub versions, and I'm not sure how I'd check them myself.
You can just navigate to nallar.me/fics and download the EPUB, then extract with 7zip, or presumably other file extraction programs. It's only up to chapter 67, I guess because nallar updates weekly. I don't know what to do about the Kindle edition, but assume it's up to the same point.
Ah, thank you.  I guess that the person saying that they'd not found any that went past 58 just wasn't aware of it.  It's linked on the hub page, you know.
I had no idea actually...now I wish I had. How
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:36 am

Sorry...
There are a variety of other versions linked there, too, if you're interested.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Okay, finally have a chance to read this. Sorry for the delay.

Chapter 68 Commentary:

Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Somber posted a new story over on fimfiction. It's only one chapter so far, but it's also gotten the usual fimfic luck of criminally low views (55 so far).

BTW, can we get a little spam going to EqD to post that Club Mixers album? I think it's where it will get the most visibility and they're much more likely to post something the more people send it in. Just shoot an email to Submit@equestriadaily.com I've sent in a few things that they've posted before and it's completely painless.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Derpmind wrote:Somber posted a new story over on fimfiction. It's only one chapter so far, but it's also gotten the usual fimfic luck of criminally low views (55 so far).

BTW, can we get a little spam going to EqD to post that Club Mixers album? I think it's where it will get the most visibility and they're much more likely to post something the more people send it in. Just shoot an email to Submit@equestriadaily.com I've sent in a few things that they've posted before and it's completely painless.
Duly spammed. On "Broken Accords," and its view count, I suspect that it's a case of not having much of a follower base there, and of those he does have, I wouldn't be surprised if many are low-quality in terms of conversion into views for new stories, being either more interested in Project Horizons updates or reposts of old work. Hopefully there will be some signal boosting, but that could take a while.

UPDATE: I just got an email from EQD saying that the album will be included in the next album post.

Last edited by Icy Shake on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Relevent news.)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:43 pm

I don't really mind not having a lot of views on my writings on FiMFiction

Let's see...

34 views, 5/3 like/dislike, 3 comments, two by the same person and one by me replying to him...

GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

I write in Fragments, so it's hard to form a story out of 'em...oh well

I'm sure there'll be a large influx of people getting 44 music tracks for $7, that's practically a steal
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Icy Shake wrote:UPDATE: I just got an email from EQD saying that the album will be included in the next album post.

Bah, humbug. That absolutely deserves its own post. Meh.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Derpmind wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:UPDATE: I just got an email from EQD saying that the album will be included in the next album post.

Bah, humbug. That absolutely deserves its own post. Meh.
Well, if people want they can still spam asking for an individual post or submit tracks they particularly like for spotlight music consideration.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexd Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Well, just did a binge reading of this story and made it to Ch. 62b, and out of everything that happened, only one thought stuck-
spoiler:
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Okay, finally have a chance to read this. Sorry for the delay.

Chapter 68 Commentary:

Editing:
Ah, thank you.

SilentCarto wrote:"Ones" should be "one". It's the same "one" you would use if you replaced the phrase with "someone so young".
Hm…  I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sound right to me.

SilentCarto wrote:"settled for"
Hm.  I think that that changes the meaning.  Sorry.

SilentCarto wrote:Oh. Huh. Hmm. Robots are generally more efficient, since you don't have to feed them, maintain pressure, or deal with sanitation... though I guess magic talismans offset a lot of those issues.
This came up in the discussion, I believe.  Basically, yes, in the long term, it would have been more efficient to design robots that could cast the spell.  That would have taken longer and been more expensive in the short term, however, and that was judged to be more important.  Particularly since that extra time and resource requirement would have made it more difficult to keep the Project hidden.

SilentCarto wrote:This would actually be a pretty badass look, if not for the ponyhide armor. What is it with evil people and wearing skin?
Well, the ponyhide would be because of the Reaper thing.

Derpmind wrote:Somber posted a new story over on fimfiction. It's only one chapter so far, but it's also gotten the usual fimfic luck of criminally low views (55 so far).
Aye!  Go read it, people!  It's good!

Vexd wrote:Well, just did a binge reading of this story and made it to Ch. 62b, and out of everything that happened, only one thought stuck-
spoiler:
Welcome!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:10 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
Speaking of Waifus:
Spoiler:
Harassing Cogs with nerf guns is all fine and dandy until some colt breaks out the potato cannon in hopes of earning a slew of potato-pun laden achievements 

Bonus for dousing the potato in vodka first

Vexd wrote:Well, just did a binge reading of this story and made it to Ch. 62b, and out of everything that happened, only one thought stuck-
spoiler:
What which kid? 

I hope my faulty memory isn't some kind of spoiler...

Edit: Blackjack ought to change her name back to Go Fish, and wonder off into the wasteland rediscovering her "roots" (you know beating the %^*# out of raiders and the like). After regaining her notoriety and hopefully some allies, she can stage a coup, and take down Cogs, then reveal her "true" identity.

Last edited by Rayndalf on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexd Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Rayndalf wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
Speaking of Waifus:
Spoiler:
Harassing Cogs with nerf guns is all fine and dandy until some colt breaks out the potato cannon in hopes of earning a slew of potato-pun laden achievements 

spoiler:
What which kid? 

I hope my faulty memory isn't some kind of spoiler...

Spoiler:
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Vexd wrote:
Spoiler:

Pshh...:

Edit: ch. 66 would be the source of my confusion.

Last edited by Rayndalf on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexd Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Rayndalf wrote:
Vexd wrote:
Spoiler:

Pshh...:

Well, there's one critical flaw to that
Critical flaw:

I guess what I'm afraid of is that becoming the final kicker before the end, I just want Bjackjack to get her
Spoiler:
ending along with her sunshine and rainbows
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Vexd wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
Vexd wrote:
Spoiler:

Pshh...:

Well, there's one critical flaw to that
Critical flaw:

I guess what I'm afraid of is that becoming the final kicker before the end, I just want Bjackjack to get her
Spoiler:
ending along with her sunshine and rainbows
So you assume:
It just occurred to me that Blackjack out "rasputined" Rasputin chapters ago... Applebloom
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:27 am

Just read the first chapter of Broken Accords and found a couple issues, but still enjoyed it, that said I found my self to lazy to create a new account elsewhere, and figured I'd just post 'em here.

Broken Accords Ch. 1:

Regardless, I enjoyed the story a great deal, and it help cope with the cliffhanger of ch. 68
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:28 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:"Ones" should be "one". It's the same "one" you would use if you replaced the phrase with "someone so young".
Hm…  I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sound right to me.
You always say "...in (or for) one so young". It's a set phrase. The "one" in this context is Goldie. It's unusual to see such sadness in a person, singular, as young as him; in one (who is) so young.

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:"settled for"
Hm.  I think that that changes the meaning.  Sorry.
You're darn right it changes the meaning -- because it currently means the wrong thing. "Settle with" means "come to an agreement". Are you seriously saying BJ would have come to an agreement with people to kill them?

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Oh. Huh. Hmm. Robots are generally more efficient, since you don't have to feed them, maintain pressure, or deal with sanitation... though I guess magic talismans offset a lot of those issues.
This came up in the discussion, I believe.  Basically, yes, in the long term, it would have been more efficient to design robots that could cast the spell.  That would have taken longer and been more expensive in the short term, however, and that was judged to be more important.  Particularly since that extra time and resource requirement would have made it more difficult to keep the Project hidden.
Yeah, I meant to come back and add a line there that while robots could have built the weapon more efficiently, they wouldn't have been able to enact the spells, so it makes sense again.

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:This would actually be a pretty badass look, if not for the ponyhide armor. What is it with evil people and wearing skin?
Well, the ponyhide would be because of the Reaper thing.
Being a Reaper doesn't mean you HAVE to wear the skin of people you killed. Rampage doesn't.

It makes sense in some specific cases, like taking advantage of the usefulness of dragonhide, but mostly it's just gross.

Rayndalf wrote:It just occurred to me that Blackjack out "rasputined" Rasputin chapters ago... Applebloom
Hehehe. Rasputin didn't really take an unusual amount of killing -- the legend can mostly be chalked up to amateur assassins who seemed to think a gunshot instantly stopped all biological functions, followed by other amateurs who didn't know how to burn a body. (PROTIP: Always cut the tendons.)
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:54 pm

I don't remember if it was really explained HOW Blackjack came back to life...

What are we up to now...three times?

...I really need to reread Horizons, but I've got a lot going on, like making Team Fortress 2 into solid gold....
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:I don't remember if it was really explained HOW Blackjack came back to life...

What are we up to now...three times?

...I really need to reread Horizons, but I've got a lot going on, like making Team Fortress 2 into solid gold....
First time because of SS
Second time because of the anchor used by snips or snails, cant even remember by now.
Third time is the whole Discord thing i think?
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:38 pm

SilentCarto wrote:You always say "...in (or for) one so young". It's a set phrase. The "one" in this context is Goldie. It's unusual to see such sadness in a person, singular, as young as him; in one (who is) so young.
Ah, I don't think that I was aware that it was a set phrase. Hm…
Well, I still don't like it, but I guess that I'd better make the change.

SilentCarto wrote:You're darn right it changes the meaning -- because it currently means the wrong thing. "Settle with" means "come to an agreement". Are you seriously saying BJ would have come to an agreement with people to kill them?
Hm. Then they're both wrong, I think. I'll see what I can come up with.

SilentCarto wrote:Yeah, I meant to come back and add a line there that while robots could have built the weapon more efficiently, they wouldn't have been able to enact the spells, so it makes sense again.
Oh, robots could have cast the spells, but the technology for that would have had to have been developed.

SilentCarto wrote:Being a Reaper doesn't mean you HAVE to wear the skin of people you killed. Rampage doesn't.

It makes sense in some specific cases, like taking advantage of the usefulness of dragonhide, but mostly it's just gross.
Hm, point, but I'd say that it makes sense. Sure, Rampage, Gorgon, and Psychoshy didn't wear the armor, but Rampage was unkillable, Gorgon had natural armor, and armor didn't really fit Psychoshy's character. For Reaper!Security, on the other hoof, armor is both practical and part of the character.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Heron Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Sooo, hi! Long time lurker, Huge Fan of MLP, both the originals and FIM. And I love, love Project Horizons, even better than Fallout Equestria.

I hope this hasn't already been answered, I couldn't find it but these threads move so quickly, so if it has, smack my hoof and call me a bad newb.

Question About Whisper:

Blue Heron
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:23 am

I believe that that's not the case. She was delivered prematurely, and kept in stasis by Sanguine in case he ever had a use for her (extortion, what have you), but she wasn't ever moved to a clone body. She can probably conceive, carry, and deliver a child.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Heron Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:57 am

Hmmmm, this is what trueblood said in chapter 39, but I could be reading it wrong:

“Yes.  I built the first stasis pod prototype myself, in my garage actually, just as Chimera was set up for Fluttershy… so that nopony would ever have to go through what she did.  I don’t know what happened between them; he was always so cool around her that it never occurred to me they were in a relationship.  We perfected the stasis pods, so we thought; I should have been rich from the invention... but ah well.  Then came fusion spells to improve on ponies.  Blanks were introduced last as a source of organs and test material.  I was able to fuse the infant with a healthy pegasus blank of her own body, and that stabilized her enough to survive.”

Blue Heron
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:02 am

Sorry, my mistake. I'm not sure how this would affect her reproductive capacity.
Also, should that be "clone" instead of "blank," since the blanks were not templated to anyone's genetics?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Heron Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:07 am

The terms seem to be used interchangeably, trueblood called the clones of his family, scotch tape, and BJ blanks.

Blue Heron
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:22 am

swicked wrote:Blanks can't grow. That's why they can't get pregnant, their bodies can't undergo the change in hormones and etc. They come out whole and don't change. I don't know what Sanguine did, but it was clearly much more complicated than was done for BJ.
If it hadn't been, Psychoshy would still be an infant or would require constant surgeries as she grew and her blank parts didn't.

That seriously doesn't make any sense. Not growing is the same as being dead. Your skin cells are constantly dying and being regrown. As you eat food you grow some fatty tissues, and they eventually get broken down. Blood gets replenished and wounds heal over. You can use whatever handwavy reason for Ghouls you want, but considering that the Blanks were harvested for organ implants in completely normal ponies, that explanation just doesn't work out.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 am

Derpmind wrote:
swicked wrote:Blanks can't grow. That's why they can't get pregnant, their bodies can't undergo the change in hormones and etc. They come out whole and don't change. I don't know what Sanguine did, but it was clearly much more complicated than was done for BJ.
If it hadn't been, Psychoshy would still be an infant or would require constant surgeries as she grew and her blank parts didn't.
That seriously doesn't make any sense. Not growing is the same as being dead. Your skin cells are constantly dying and being regrown. As you eat food you grow some fatty tissues, and they eventually get broken down. Blood gets replenished and wounds heal over. You can use whatever handwavy reason for Ghouls you want, but considering that the Blanks were harvested for organ implants in completely normal ponies, that explanation just doesn't work out.

I think that what he's saying is that they don't grow in terms of aging. A blank comes out fully grown, already matured. It's not going to go through natural aging processes like puberty.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next