Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The True Story of Shadow Kicker (and other Winningverse speculation)

5 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The True Story of Shadow Kicker (and other Winningverse speculation) - Page 9 Empty Re: The True Story of Shadow Kicker (and other Winningverse speculation)

Post by RoboRed Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:02 pm

New chapter of Freeport Venture out.

In other news: Strumming pisses me off.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

The True Story of Shadow Kicker (and other Winningverse speculation) - Page 9 Empty Re: The True Story of Shadow Kicker (and other Winningverse speculation)

Post by Forevermore Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:48 pm

Strumming is easily the best part of this story. I love her whole "I'm not taking any of your teenage shit" attitude towards Sunset. Considering pretty much everyone else is trying to coddle Sunset or manipulate her, it's nice to see someone be completely straight up about how much they dislike her. In many ways, Strumming's the only truly honest pony we've got. She makes no secret of how much she hates being assigned to tag Sunset and how little she cares about the self-inflicted angst.

Puzzle worries me. He's clearly operating on a different spectrum of morality (I don't think he's evil, just not good). Once he's broken out I could easily see him trying to kill or otherwise dispose of Strumming for revenge. Which will inevitably lead to the EIS striking back and triggering an escalating war of espionage between the Council and Equestria. That's going to be all kinds of hell.

On the other hand, he may be professionally minded enough to let bygones be bygones. Strumming is merely an agent doing her job and however much he may dislike her personally she's not worth the potential risks.

Sunset had some decent development this chapter. It was interesting to see her come so close to a breakthrough in how much she's screwed up and needs to change only to slam the epiphany shut out of pride. Pretty much confirming she's going to suffer a whole lot more before she finally realizes that the vast majority of her issues stem from her own actions.

Forevermore
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:00 am

Comments on Freeport Venture 9:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:01 pm

rising shadows:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Rising Shadows Epilogue Comments:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:17 pm

freeport venture ch 10:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:39 am

Aye, though I'm more interested in her plans for evading recapture. Escape is relatively simple; all she has to do is get herself and the changelings from the inside of the embassy to the outside. Difficult, but the only other thing she has to worry about is trying not to hurt the Equestrians too much.
However, once she is out, she won't be able to focus entirely on evading recapture. She won't accomplish her goals or even find food that way; she'll have to find some way to do her work and not get caught at the same time.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:25 am

Comments on Midnight's Shadow 7:
Not much to say about this one. Some more signs of Gale and Midnight's unhealthy relationship, I think, but that's old news.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Forevermore Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Comments on Midnight's Shadow Seven

It seemed that the fact that she had been a mare of Pegasopolis
Kind of ironic since Pegasopolis were the ones who started a war with Equestria, slaughtered thousands, and allied themselves with the literal avatar of evil.

I hate her as much as any of you
Did we ever get an explanation why Red hates Midnight so much? I mean, I can understand her open dislike of unicorns and pegasi considering her backstory but why Midnight in particular?

I'm liking Subtle Song more and more. That Gale distrusts her is actually a pretty significant point in her favor.

Confound this mare. Did she have to subject me to such things?
Well, now I'm shipping Midnight and Subtle Song. It's a much healthier relationship though I get the feeling Gale is going to keep it from going anywhere.

“The worst of the pain is already past, and thou dost know it needed to be done.”
The phrasing of this bothers me. It sounds like the kind of thing you say after spanking an unruly child. Coming from Gale, whom we know to be abusive, it's just wrong.

Forevermore
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Out of curiosity, why do you make your quotes in a larger font?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Forevermore Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

That was not intentional. I was copy-pasting directly from the page. They just turned out like that.

Forevermore
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Ah, strange.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:54 pm

...Oh. And "to destroy Mother and all her family line" basically means "to destroy Clan Charger".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:41 pm

The new chapter of Midnight's Shadow has started to hint at Midnight's origins, it seems, but nothing definite yet.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:05 pm

A Couple of Comments on the new TFtPE Chapter:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Forevermore Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:18 pm

It's been pretty heavily implied that Celestia and Shadow got together after Celestia gave up her immortality. Shadow likely changed the name of her clan in honor of that. I don't remember if it was ever outright stated that is what happened but it's what I'm going with.

Knight Fluttershy is freaking me the hell out. It's too awesome for words! Zecora was also pretty great.

Forevermore
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:31 am

Ah, their relationship had slipped my mind; thank you. I'm not sure whether there is still a clan (though hopefully that's not just my memory glitching again), but that sounds like a plausible origin of the name.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:38 pm

freeport venture ch11 art:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:29 pm

Nice.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:18 am

So I'm reading To Serve and Protect...
Spoiler:

Oh, and, a small detail: it looks like I was wrong about Shadow's height in this thread's opening paragraph thing; she does not appear to have been shorter than average. I checked this in The Lunar Rebellion, too. I may, of course, have missed something this time rather than last time, but either way, sorry about the mistake.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:07 am

I'm not sure where the "pure of heart" thing came from either. I'll point out, though, that it's possible she isn't considered pure of heart by your definition but that a different definition is being used.

swicked wrote:Is it seriously her ghost, or is the armor just enchanted?
That's not clear, I'm afraid.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:59 am

I doubt that it has that particular meaning, but yes. :)
We'll probably get more information about this eventually from The Lunar Rebellion.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:30 pm

In related news, Chengar posted the next story in the present-day Winningverse.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/275748/the-new-life-of-a-winning-pony
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm aware of this, but I'm wanting to finish some other reading before starting that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 am

Update: And I've now read the first (and currently only) chapter.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:22 pm

Regarding the new chapter of The Lunar Rebellion:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:44 am

I see "Winningverse", got curious and jumped in.
What's this thing here?

Rarity
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:15 pm

What would you like to know that the first post doesn't cover?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:12 am

Gah! I didn't read ^^"
Just jumped straight in...
I should stop doing that in forums :(

Sorry..
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:31 am

No problem. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next