Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
CamoBadger
Kattlarv
Penby
Ketchup
Scyto Harmony
StoneSlinger88
Frost
Admiral Stoic Rum
Scienza
Alessandro101
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Tytan
Valikdu
Moodyman90
cb5
Katarn
25 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:09 am

Ironlulz.

http://twixie-answers-mod.tumblr.com/post/72939050063/emcee-ironchef-lookatwhattheyredoingtome-dad

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:49 am

So there was a con.
There were some interesting people there.

WHY DID YOU JOIN MY BELOVED WONDERBOLTS??:

Lol rule 63:

You're in my shed.:

I SAY:

Death was there, too:

...I didn't even realize that this was Gilda. The lighting in the hall was... well, bad.:

Cadence:

Red Heart:

Rarishy:

Most of the attendees had agreed that the star of the event was this Rainbow Dash (ErinLiona). So, she was recorded a lot.
multiple pictures:

Not from the event, but would make a great advertisement for WoWP:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:38 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 GN6yotS
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:01 am

@ Valikdu: nooiiiiice!
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:06 am

camobait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:39 pm

So, for some reason jscript is turned off for me on Cloudsville. It's not NoScript though, since I've turned it off. And not any other Mozilla extension, since I've turned all of them off. Any ideas?

It's annoying, since I don't have any buttons and can't look under spoiler tag. Was fine yesterday and I haven't installed any update.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:58 pm

http://drawponies.deviantart.com/art/Comic-You-re-Not-You-When-You-re-in-Withdrawal-425933714
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Swickedbait: http://dragongirl983.deviantart.com/art/Crystal-Trixie-II-426041423
Scytobait: http://haydee.deviantart.com/art/Mlp-Rarity-425504597
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Ironlulz.

http://twixie-answers-mod.tumblr.com/post/72939050063/emcee-ironchef-lookatwhattheyredoingtome-dad

I laughed out loud. Black humor plus wordplay equals win.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Yeah, those first ones (and a couple of the others) are crazy atmospheric. They'd better be, considering some verge on 20 minutes. =P Anyway, one thing I'd note is that the ponies in FoE never seem to refer to the war as the "Great War" - which makes sense. Twice in PH, however, zebras refer to it as the "great war" - no caps, nothing special, but the wording is used by them. As regards ponymetal, one thing I'd note is that most heavy metal music (especially death and doom) isn't all that harmonious; it would likely come out of protest music if it appeared at all, since it does seem to go against the norm for Equestrian society. I'd recommend figuring out a way to make it make sense for them to have this genre of music around, in any case; your explanation might not have to stand up to musicologists' standards, but your readers might well have some questions about how Winter Wrap-Up became Scream Bloody Gore. =P

Also, black metal griffins. Sweetie Belle

>Jots down black metal griffins as a thing for my story.

Bloody Winter Scream.  Spike  Anyway, Metal being a type of protest-music makes sense to me. I could probably see Equestrians being pro-power metal since it has more of an uplifting sound, and some of it can be quite harmonious, I think.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:47 pm

I need new pants. Camo, I think you will, too: http://jalopnik.com/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-this-is-it-1499298030
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:34 pm

Have a video of Spy Party! Pictured here is what I'm calling the "Event Horizon" bug. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:00 pm

"Eyes? We don't need eyes where we're going."
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Discovered this story through one of Valikdu's posts, reposting for visibility and recommendation:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/141568/fallout-equestria-duck-and-cover

Issa cool and fun story, relatively short (~80k words) and COMPLETE. Also a spot-on and well-executed satire of the original FoE on top of that (actually, it's the core of the author's intent, but heh, just read the damn thing, okay?!).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:46 pm

I just finished Bioshock infinite...da fuck was that ending? I think I understand it but they left so many plotlines up in the air...damn, I need to finish the original bioshock...
Also are any of the DLC's worth getting?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:13 pm

stringtheory wrote:I just finished Bioshock infinite...da fuck was that ending? I think I understand it but they left so many plotlines up in the air...damn, I need to finish the original bioshock...
Short version is:  They're stuck in a infinite time loop.

Booker is both himself, comstock and andrew ryan.  The only way to stop columbia from ever being made is to kill booker before he chooses to or declines baptism thus erasing any timeline in which columbia exists.  By killing booker before the time loop ever happens it resets the time line to the original time line.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:25 pm

cb5 wrote:
stringtheory wrote:I just finished Bioshock infinite...da fuck was that ending? I think I understand it but they left so many plotlines up in the air...damn, I need to finish the original bioshock...
Short version is:  They're stuck in a infinite time loop.

Booker is both himself, comstock and andrew ryan.  The only way to stop columbia from ever being made is to kill booker before he chooses to or declines baptism thus erasing any timeline in which columbia exists.  By killing booker before the time loop ever happens it resets the time line to the original time line.
Right, I think I got that part. *reads wiki* ah, now its makes sense in time travel/paradoxy way (that is to say headache inducing)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:26 pm

If you go into the games part of the forum you'll find "What did you do during the siege of Columbia" thread. We had a rather long discussion there on what the ending was about, and there was also a video linked there as well.

As for DLC, Burial at Sea seems to be the best you can hope for as far as more story. If you actually enjoyed the combat and one for challenges than Battle in the Sky or whatever it's called is decent as well.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Discovered this story through one of Valikdu's posts, reposting for visibility and recommendation:

Issa cool and fun story, relatively short (~80k words) and COMPLETE. Also a spot-on and well-executed satire of the original FoE on top of that (actually, it's the core of the author's intent, but heh, just read the damn thing, okay?!).

You guys don't follow firestarter spitfire?

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Last wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Discovered this story through one of Valikdu's posts, reposting for visibility and recommendation:

You guys don't follow firestarter spitfire?
I do.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:41 pm

I have an honest question. In your opinions, how helpful are the folks in the Fallout Equestria groups on FimFiction? Personally, I get the impression that they are not of much help.

I started going further away from Cloudsville to gather information for my story, but honestly you guys seem to be the most reliable. Everyone else who I've lurked around seem to squabble more than they debate.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I have an honest question. In your opinions, how helpful are the folks in the Fallout Equestria groups on FimFiction? Personally, I get the impression that they are not of much help.
What sort of 'help' are you looking for?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:18 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I have an honest question. In your opinions, how helpful are the folks in the Fallout Equestria groups on FimFiction? Personally, I get the impression that they are not of much help.

I was asking around for recommendations for stories outside of Equestrian and the Zebra lands, since I'm unable to find them myself. Some of the answers I received made me question how many people actually read the first post.

EDIT: Fixed the grammar. My language functions get a little wonky when I'm tired.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

I was asking around for recommendations for stories outside of Equestrian and the Zebra lands, since I'm unable to find them myself. Some of the answers I received made me question how many people actually read the first post.

EDIT: Fixed the grammar. My language functions get a little wonky when I'm tired.
Just wondering, why can't you find them yourself?
Sorry, can't help you either I've basically given up on reading new FO:E fics usually because most of them are either predictable and/or shit. Nor do I feel like browsing through the 597 stories in the fimfic group

Last edited by stringtheory on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:35 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Sorry, can't help you either I've basically given up on reading new FO:E usually because most of them are either predictable and/or shit. Nor do I feel like browsing through the 597 stories in the fimfic group

Making sure that my dad is okay is a full-time job, and even when I get some downtime I'm usually just trying to relax before I have to do something else important. Plus, I'm usually in too much pain or too tired to care enough to do it myself. Though, when I am up to it, I do try pretty hard to get what I need.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:41 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

I was asking around for recommendations for stories outside of Equestrian and the Zebra lands, since I'm unable to find them myself.

I don't know about stories but Hinds and Harmony seem to spend the most time discussing the setting. Maybe they could offer some insight.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:49 pm

I just thought of something funny:
Decades from now when the novelty of the internet wears off imagine what people are going to think of how we currently use the internet.

"It's just a picture of a dog with the caption, 'wow such' and that", or "why was this person's username, 'playaboy420' going around screaming obscenities about other people's mothers while constantly pressing the crouch button?" and so forth.

It's going to be kind of funny trying to explain the concept of troll, griefers, memes and so forth to your grandkids.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:50 pm

cb5 wrote:I just thought of something funny:
Decades from now when the novelty of the internet wears off imagine what people are going to think of how we currently use the internet.

"It's just a picture of a dog with the caption, 'wow such' and that", or "why was this person's username, 'playaboy420' going around screaming obscenities about other people's mothers while constantly pressing the crouch button?" and so forth.

It's going to be kind of funny trying to explain the concept of troll, griefers, memes and so forth to your grandkids.
We live in such interesting times...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Last wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

I was asking around for recommendations for stories outside of Equestrian and the Zebra lands, since I'm unable to find them myself.

I don't know about stories but Hinds and Harmony seem to spend the most time discussing the setting. Maybe they could offer some insight.
Hm, well, I've not read many stories set in those areas, and I don't even know how many there might be. Sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Sorry, can't help you either I've basically given up on reading new FO:E usually because most of them are either predictable and/or shit. Nor do I feel like browsing through the 597 stories in the fimfic group

Making sure that my dad is okay is a full-time job, and even when I get some downtime I'm usually just trying to relax before I have to do something else important. Plus, I'm usually in too much pain or too tired to care enough to do it myself. Though, when I am up to it, I do try pretty hard to get what I need.
Just combed through the Fo:E FiMfiction group, found basically nothing like what you're looking for based on looking at the short descriptions.

Unrelated note: what are your thoughts on the Upheaval series if you've started reading it yet, Iron (and anyone else)?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:13 pm

stringtheory wrote:
cb5 wrote:I just thought of something funny:

We live in such interesting times...
Imagine how much porn there will be drawn if the number of internet users really does reach 5 billion by 2020 like it's estimated to reach.
*"the hills are alive with the sound of music starts playing"
*me dancing on top of a hill with porn floating in the breeze
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next