Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+12
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
StoneSlinger88
Frost
cb5
Scienza
Somber
Moodyman90
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
16 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 32 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Vinylshadow Wed May 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Fair enough

I have very...interesting....views on that kind of subject

call it what you like, I'm a bit of an arse when it comes to races

...maybe that explains why I seem to get a sadistic pleasure out of writing ponies butchering each other just because they don't have wings or a horn

TO THE EARTH PONY CONCENTRATION CAMPS
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 32 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 29, 2014 12:55 pm

Okay, the outline to the rest of what ATR was planned to be has gone up, and it looks like it wouldn't really impact our large-scale worldbuilding very much anyway.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 29, 2014 1:39 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:"Good morning!" (the view from the hotel room)
Well that's... scenic.
Isn't it?
(source post)

This reminded me of the discussions we had regarding the Manehatten War Memorial.

By the way, where's that outline, if it is public?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Scenery inspiration: https://i.imgur.com/Dhs11Aa.jpg
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Harmony wrote:By the way, where's that outline, if it is public?
Oh, it's over in the ATR thread.

Harmony wrote:Scenery inspiration: https://i.imgur.com/Dhs11Aa.jpg
Nice!
Could be a lot of places…  Not Elusive City, that's metal and plastic, not concrete.  If you cleaned off the graffiti and put the people in uniforms of one form or another rather than civilian clothes, it might be in Masozi; the musicians would probably be soldiers off duty and relaxing with a hobby.  In the same way, it might be Thornbush, though there there'd be "civilian" Banner members as well as the soldiers.  It could be Profectum, probably somewhere in the more dedicated-university areas of the tunnels (some of the new university facilities are on the surface around or on the mesa), graffiti, civilian clothes, musicians, and all.
That's all I can think of at the moment, and I have some homework I ought to be doing.

edit: Oh, and pretty nice picture in general. That's the Paris Metro?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 30, 2014 2:48 am

Yes, that's the Paris metro. More specifically a part of the Chatelet - Les Halles sprawling giant underground station.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 30, 2014 5:25 am

Are there commercial malls in Elusive?

I can easily see it happening. There and in A-Town in Manehatten.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 30, 2014 11:45 am

Harmony wrote:Yes, that's the Paris metro. More specifically a part of the Chatelet - Les Halles sprawling giant underground station.
As I said, nice.

Harmony wrote:Are there commercial malls in Elusive?

I can easily see it happening. There and in A-Town in Manehatten.
Aye, there's at least one.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Man, imagine the culture shock when NCR citizens come and visit a mall in A-Town, complete with the elevator music, the coffee shops, the advertising holograms and all that shit; with tons of stores full to the brim with Alliance-made consumer goods.

Hmmm... Would all that be duty-free? I kinda doubt it. Though it could be a move to stimulate the tourism industry in Manehatten.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 30, 2014 12:40 pm

Harmony wrote:Man, imagine the culture shock when NCR citizens come and visit a mall in A-Town, complete with the elevator music, the coffee shops, the advertising holograms and all that shit; with tons of stores full to the brim with Alliance-made consumer goods.
Which is of course a big part of the point. :D

Harmony wrote:Hmmm... Would all that be duty-free? I kinda doubt it. Though it could be a move to stimulate the tourism industry in Manehatten.
Yeah, probably not. A-Town isn't actually Alliance territory, more sort of leased, and the NCR would at least want to make some money from the Alliance's attempts to seduce its citizens.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Why do I get the feeling of Equestria as being similar to Pangaea?

Makes me wonder if there's French and Asian ponies
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Why do I get the feeling of Equestria as being similar to Pangaea?

Makes me wonder if there's French and Asian ponies
What do you mean?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Unfortunately, Neighpon got annihilated in the Days of Fire.

Prance... did we put that one on the map? If not, should we? If yes, I could see it as not being on the Peninsula, actually. A pony nation on the northern coast of the Maredetirranean? With its inhabitants being kinda related (at least in physical appearance) to the Saddle Arabians (see: how Fleur-de-Lis looks)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Fleur uses the same body style as Princess Luna, if that helps

I've heard Prance mentioned a few times but have never really gotten a clear version of it

I wonder if they have a....um...Equine Tower?

Doesn't Friendship City have have the Statue of Friendship or is that in Manehatten?

I'd love to see Ponified versions of Italy (Although Roam seems to be Zebra territory...)
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 30, 2014 2:15 pm

swicked wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Unfortunately, Neighpon got annihilated in the Days of Fire.

Prance... did we put that one on the map? If not, should we? If yes, I could see it as not being on the Peninsula, actually. A pony nation on the northern coast of the Maredetirranean? With its inhabitants being kinda related (at least in physical appearance) to the Saddle Arabians (see: how Fleur-de-Lis looks)
Saddle Arabians are the same size as Celestia, while Fleur-de-Lis only has the body proportions... not the size. I would figure she has mixed blood.
That's the idea, considering how many north african and "arabs" there are in France, irl.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 30, 2014 4:50 pm

I've just been assuming that Prance was the region around Fancee.

Also, Vinylshadow, I still don't understand the "Why do I get the feeling of Equestria as being similar to Pangaea?" question.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Well, spank me and call me Sally. I had forgotten we actually had a "Fancee" on the map already.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Ah. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 30, 2014 6:00 pm

So, if it's still relevant in 30 SR somehow, chances are it's part of the Northern League (which existence itself depends on how PH is going to end).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 30, 2014 6:01 pm

I mean it's all one big landmass with no areas overseas

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 32 509px-Pangaea_continents.svg
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 30, 2014 6:20 pm

O. Hinds on v.12 of his Equestria map wrote:update v1.12 2014-5-26: changed the names of New Oatleans (since ATR is now sadly officially dead and someone pointed out that Neighorleans sounds better) and St. Paulomino (since I realized that the "St." didn't make much sense)
Then you also need to change "San Frantello" to something else, given the "San" of "San Francisco" comes from the spanish "Santo", which means saint.

Re Pangea: Hinds published a while ago a complete worldmap, showing there exist at least one other continent (on which sits the Crystal Empire). Thus Equus (the planet's name) isn't a complete pangea.

By the way, an idea that will probably have no impact on the setting, but... If I'm not mistaken, on the hemisphere opposed to the Zebrican-Equestrian super-continent is an ocean that puts the Pacific to shame in term of vastness.

How about some polynesian meta-culture over there?

[cue seaponies]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Harmony wrote:So, if it's still relevant in 30 SR somehow, chances are it's part of the Northern League (which existence itself depends on how PH is going to end).
If it extends that far west (and I don't see why not), sure.

Vinylshadow wrote:I mean it's all one big landmass with no areas overseas
Equestria?  Are you speaking of a universe that is not the universe we're speaking of?

Harmony wrote:Then you also need to change "San Frantello" to something else, given the "San" of "San Francisco" comes from the spanish "Santo", which means saint.
Hm, I don't think so.  "San" isn't an abbreviation.  If you really think that it's needed, I'll do it, but I prefer not to update the map when I don't have to.

Harmony wrote:Re Pangea: Hinds published a while ago a complete worldmap, showing there exist at least one other continent (on which sits the Crystal Empire). Thus Equus (the planet's name) isn't a complete pangea.
Yeah, sorry, the world map's still in alpha and unreleased.  You can find bits and pieces of various versions of it scattered through the thread, though.
Anyway, there are (currently, at least) two proper continents, the Northern Continent and the Southern Continent.  The Northern Continent is entirely taken up by the Crystal Empire and, currently, the Southern Kingdom (which is still too in alpha to post).  The Southern Continent is mostly undefined, but I'm pretty sure that Zebrica is officially an ill-defined continent despite being being part of the Southern Continent in the same way that Europe is officially an ill-defined continent despite being part of Eurasia.  And then Equestria is of course a (or on a, depending on whose maps you look at; Equestria claims the entire peninsula, but the Highlanders would dispute that) peninsula extending from Zebrica but was likely considered separate from Zebrica in the same way that Britain is from Europe (though it's a bit more difficult with Equestria, since Equestria does have a land border).  And I'm afraid that my maps tend to mix tenses…

Harmony wrote:By the way, an idea that will probably have no impact on the setting, but... If I'm not mistaken, on the hemisphere opposed to the Zebrican-Equestrian super-continent is an ocean that puts the Pacific to shame in term of vastness.
It's a pretty big ocean, yes.
pictures of the current world map alpha version, with and without plate lines shown:

Harmony wrote:How about some polynesian meta-culture over there?

[cue seaponies]
:D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 31, 2014 12:31 pm

I am not a smart pony, my apologies

Now if only I was a happy drunk...

Interesting concept, I've toyed with the idea of a "Southern Kingdom" in stories of my own

Unfortunately, in my canon, it was destroyed by Luna
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 31, 2014 1:39 pm

No problem.

The current inspiration for the Southern Kingdom is sort of South Korea mixed with Imperial China.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat May 31, 2014 1:46 pm

Considering Hinds is taking inspiration from North Korea for the Crystal Empire... Applebloom
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 31, 2014 2:46 pm

Yeah, there's a great big double line of walls all along the border (at least in the west, and there are fortifications in the mountains where applicable; the border in the east is a river, though, so they might not bother with building walls, just firing positions to take out boats). :)
Though when the Southern defenses did finally fall at the end of the war, it had been so long that the Crystal Empire was too set in its ways to actually bother invading.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 31, 2014 2:58 pm

Yes, let the ponies and zebras wipe each other out, we have plenty of popcorn to spare
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 31, 2014 11:45 pm

The Southern Kingdom, in my current alpha version, got wiped too, actually.  The PR managed to use their longstanding emnity with the Crystal Empire to finagle them over to the zebra side... on which they were pretty much entirely useless due to the fact that they were a preindustrial civilization (and by choice, so sending advisers to help a rapid industrialization program wasn't an option) a long way from the majority of the fighting.  They were able to supply some raw materials, but yeah, mostly nothing. Equestria wiped them anyway, though, just in case.  On the bright side, their nation survived in some remote areas of the mountains and, due to its nature and to the Crystal Empire not bothering to invade, is pretty much back to where it was at the time of the war.  Except that foreigners get shot on sight now; after all, they tried opening up once, and then they had to spend two centuries rebuilding.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:39 pm

So they're kinda like the Boomers in New Vegas?

minus the heavy artillery, anyway
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:15 pm

...Um. I don't seem to be able to make that comparison fit. What suggested it to you?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next