Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Third Wind
Scienza
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Necr0maNceR
cb5
Karasu
Exodus Hero
Aonee
Revan Seiei
FoolNeim
Plasticube
Technowolf
Mister Nikel
TalixZero
Vixie
WovenTales
FeatherDust
Ketchup
Sparklecake
Kaidon
Luminous Lead
Frost
thatguyvex
hawkeye92
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Somber
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Derpmind
ARoundCorner
Caoimhe
Meleagridis
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
HillBilly-Drew
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Icy Shake
CD
51 posters

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Third Wind Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:05 am

Derpmind wrote:
Third Wind
What else Russian perspective would you like apart from telling that PH is awesome?
Two questions please: What's the address for that imageboard, (I can't find it for some reason,) and will stuffing it through google translate give a semi-inteligible translation?
Well, I'm not quite sure which imageboard that other pony was talking about (I know nothing about them), but here is what I've found: 
http://2ch.hk/mlp/
http://iichan.hk/bro/
http://ponyach.ru/
I highly doubt that Google translator will be able to handle it. Russian slang is far worse than English, especially when the user can't speak proper russian. You can try though. I bet on a 1/4 to 1/3 intelligible translation.
I believe, I've seen a guy from Kiev here somewhere. Maybe he knows better.
Here are also some picture sites, I've found:
http://derpibooru.org/
http://twentypercentcooler.net/post
http://bronibooru.mlponies.com/post

Third Wind
Foal

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 am

Another memory orb scrap released by Kkat: http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/210481/the-morale-officer-orb
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:29 am

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:He's only interested in Thunderhead's superiority, and Dawn could certainly say all the right things to feed that.
If it exists, this is a very weird alliance.
Dawn's capacity at charisma is kinda iffy, in my opinion... she always came off as so insincere to me. Maybe it was just the eyes.
Besides, Cognitum's all but out of patience, so I'm not sure how many more deals she's willing to make just to get people to do what she wants.
Additionally, Dawn's a dashite and specifically a traitor to Thunderhead. I don't see Lighthooves having a single pleasant thing to say about her.
I'd expect a very tenuous alliance, at best, with lots of pressure to deliver results.
Though given Thunderhead's outright hostile relationship with the rest of the Enclave, her status as a powerful pegasus-ish who is opposed to the Enclave could make her more attractive to Lighthooves. He's certainly been willing to work with ponies he despises if he thinks that they might prove useful. He might dislike her, but he's a pragmatist. Probably his most defining characteristic is that he's willing to do what he has to, even if it escalates into ridiculous levels of evil.

Of course, given that both are incredibly insincere, their relationship's going to collapse. One's definitely going to kill the other. Or both.

RoboRed wrote:Another memory orb scrap released by Kkat: http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/210481/the-morale-officer-orb
This new orb is extremely intriguing, more so than the automobile orb.

Morale officers do seem like a kind of soldier that Equestria would field, to varying degrees of effectiveness. It reminds me about that whole exchange between Carrion and Xanthe in Hightower, where they talked about how pony combat music was unbeatable and that their effectiveness increased by ridiculous amounts while singing.

Her call of "For Stalliongrad!" is also very intriguing. It's possible that the officer and/or the specific unit is from Stalliongrad, however, that probably wouldn't be as motivating for a unified Equestrian fighting force. More likely, something bad happened at Stalliongrad which would cause it's name to become a symbol, a call for vengeance. Something maybe akin to the real-world Battle of Stalingrad.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:47 am

Scienza wrote:
That, or it's that goddamn space whale.
+1 for posting Courage.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Aye, their relationship is certainly going to end badly. Part of both of their personalities is that they assume that they understand the minds of other ponies, that they're always in control of the situation, and design their plans accordingly. It's like two chessmasters working together. They will, since both believe that they control the situation, but they'll inevitably tear each other apart as they both try to achieve their separate goals. They'll both inevitably betray the other, it's just a matter of who moves first.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:48 pm

I just had a thought about Boo.  I haven't read the latest chapter yet, but don't worry it was already partially spoiled.  What if dream Boo and Boo are the same pony?  What I mean by that is Blackjack has experienced alternate realities and what if the EoS wins and such.  Think of it as The End of Time from doctor who.  If the EoS wins then the universe is fucked cause the EoS' power is growing.  Eventually it will become so powerful it can't be stopped no matter what and it will continue to grow in power with the more souls it sucks in and then the enervation will grow still and then suck more souls in.  What if it doesn't just stop at equestria?  What if it sucks in the souls of other alicorns, and sucks in the souls on other planets?  What is going to happen when it sucks in everything in the universe?  Would it stop at that universe?

When a universe dies entropy ceases to exist and as a result reality breaks down as everything that was or could have happened fades into oblivion.

Could the visions blackjack are experiencing that since she's so close to the point the EoS becomes unstoppable that as she gets closer and closer the multiverse is starting to croak?  If blackjack wins then yay the multiverse is saved!  If blackjack loses then "OH SHIT!" the multiverse is ending.  The EoS could be something unique to the FoE universe and only exists there.  Blackjack exists before it becomes unstoppable.  If she kills it now in the timeline then any and all potential futures where it wins will never exist.

Tl:dr; What if the EoS is unique to the FoE universe and that the reason why blackjack is having those visions is that the EoS isn't going to stop at equestria or even their universe and will continue absorbing a infinite amount of souls in all universes and all timelines if blackjack doesn't stop it?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Remember that 200 years before Blackjack was around to have visions of weird stuff, Pinkie Pie outright prophesied. I think the ability to catch glimpses of unreality and the future are part of PH ~verse, but if they're caused by time bending around the EoS or something else I don't think we can say.

Speaking of unreality, here's a crazy possibility: Blackjack is still asleep, and is being contacted by Dawn through her cyber interface. The cloudhouse that BJ is in is constructed from BJ and Dawn's memories. That would explain Stargazer arriving at the wrong time, and why everyone is stuck asleep. As for Boo, well, she's around in BJ's head because Boo is psychic.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:02 pm

I stick with my assumption that the dreams are who Blackjack would be in show canon. It's possible that either the Eater or Dawn is causing her to see these as well.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Scienza wrote:I stick with my assumption that the dreams are who Blackjack would be in show canon. It's possible that either the Eater or Dawn is causing her to see these as well.
I agree that yeah that's probably who blackjack would be in show canon, BUT I think that the EoS is unique to the FoE universe and that since the EoS has not shown any intent on being content ever of eating enough souls, I mean they went supernova to drive back the darkness that kind of is a big deal, these dreams are bleeding through space time cause the EoS is going to eventually destroy their universe if blackjack doesn't stop it.

Tl:dr;
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 BadWolfTardisDoor
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:01 pm

@cb5
BTW, I vaguely recall this coming up recently, we should remember that "radiation" in the Fallout: Equestria-verse is not radioactive decay of radioactive isotopes and suchlike. It's necromantic magical energy of some kind, according to FOE, and probably works more on soulstuff than on our version of physics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:38 pm

cb5 wrote:
Scienza wrote:I stick with my assumption that the dreams are who Blackjack would be in show canon. It's possible that either the Eater or Dawn is causing her to see these as well.
I agree that yeah that's probably who blackjack would be in show canon, BUT I think that the EoS is unique to the FoE universe and that since the EoS has not shown any intent on being content ever of eating enough souls, I mean they went supernova to drive back the darkness that kind of is a big deal, these dreams are bleeding through space time cause the EoS is going to eventually destroy their universe if blackjack doesn't stop it.

Tl:dr;
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 BadWolfTardisDoor
You could also make the wormhole argument, which is that the EoS is so physically and metaphysically dense that it's warping the magical equivalent of spacetime and allowing stuff to pass through.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@cb5
BTW, I vaguely recall this coming up recently, we should remember that "radiation" in the Fallout: Equestria-verse is not radioactive decay of radioactive isotopes and suchlike. It's necromantic magical energy of some kind, according to FOE, and probably works more on soulstuff than on our version of physics.
And sort of on that note, cb5, man, your headcanon's really impressive and in-depth, but we do kinda need to remember that Equestria doesn't necessarily follow concrete laws of physics, nor ones that exist in our world. After all, Pinkie can exist. Pinkie Pie
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Scienza wrote:
And sort of on that note, cb5, man, your headcanon's really impressive and in-depth, but we do kinda need to remember that Equestria doesn't necessarily follow concrete laws of physics, nor ones that exist in our world. After all, Pinkie can exist. Pinkie Pie
The thing that I can never accept about mlp/FoE/or any story with magic is that any and all phenomenon must be explainable with physics.

If I existed in a magical world this would be me-
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Tumblr_mgfivn4SJ31r5s4n9o1_500
cause the amount of money you would make off of explaining magic through physics and inventing stuff that works through magic would be astronomical.  Like how pipbucks made a shit ton of money.  If you understand natural phenomenon and how they work you can bend it to your will.  Making Alicorns would be child's play, the fundamental principles of how the SPP works would be taught in grade school, Equestria gardens would be nothing more than a novelty to clean your house of filth. FoE is a technomagic universe, not a magic mythos universe. The difference is FoE has technology that works through magic, the other is harry potter.

Ps. Considering that Lacunae once used her link with blackjack to send blackjack a formula about teleportation and why it wasn't possible for her to teleport them out of their shackles I'd have to say in FoE universe magic is explainable through physics.

Tl:dr; FoE is a technomagic universe therefore yes it does have physics.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:08 pm

cb5 wrote:Tl:dr; FoE is a technomagic universe therefore yes it does have physics.
Sure, it has physics, but it specifically has whatever physics Somber says it does. So while the collapsed star warping time now because it will be ending the universe theory's cool, it might be a little less complicated than that too.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Derpmind wrote:
cb5 wrote:Tl:dr; FoE is a technomagic universe therefore yes it does have physics.
Sure, it has physics, but it specifically has whatever physics Somber says it does. So while the collapsed star warping time now because it will be ending the universe theory's cool, it might be a little less complicated than that too.
Yeah I agree.

As for the visions yeah I do agree it can be multiple things causing them.  My two best guesses are that the universe is dying cause if the EoS wins chances are it's not ever going to stop growing and eat everything, OR that other alicorns of stars(like celestia) are showing her these things so that Blackjack will stop the EoS.

Also who else thinks technomagic fanfics are the best?

Last edited by cb5 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : much shorter)
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:37 pm

@cb5
I'm a big fan of urban fantasy technomagical shenanigans, but I don't like it when things are directly explained to me too much, if that makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm a big fan of urban fantasy technomagical shenanigans, but I don't like it when things are directly explained to me too much, if that makes sense.
Same here. FoE and other technomagic genres or crisis equestria do real good jobs of making you understand that magic is just another genre of science to them, but not enough to just write off the magic of it.

I like the theory of magic being a type of radiation cause there was this really good fanfic that I can't remember the name of right now where they had some super advanced technology, but made you feel as though it was believeable in a magical world. Like they had personal teleporters, cars, planes, shields and stuff that worked without unicorns by converting electricity into magic or magic into electricity and it was really good cause they were like, "by using electricity gemstones we can convert between magic and electricity like a transformer".

That would be the sickest shit if it was introduced into FoE, cause right now FoE for villains is limited to alicorns, raiders, zombies and such and project horizons is the first and only FoE fanfic to date with a android enemy. Imagine ghoul cyborgs while small in troop number no matter how many times you kill them will just get back up like it was nothing, ponies that can stop magic cold in it's tracks by sucking it in and converting it to electricity, or fire lightning bolts, their arms turn into guns, or a million other awesome things.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:32 pm

cb5 wrote:I like the theory of magic being a type of radiation cause there was this really good fanfic that I can't remember the name of right now where they had some super advanced technology, but made you feel as though it was believeable in a magical world.  Like they had personal teleporters, cars, planes, shields and stuff that worked without unicorns by converting electricity into magic or magic into electricity and it was really good cause they were like, "by using electricity gemstones we can convert between magic and electricity like a transformer".
Well there's Outside the Reaching Sky which is soft sci-fi and has a magitech Equestria make its first interstellar journey while all the other races apparently run of regular technology.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:19 pm

I like gooey shipping fics... Shy 

For me it's all about how it's done. Grounded physics doesn't mean as much if it's done poorly.

On a more on-topic note, if the EoS/star nova event created Celestia and Luna, does that mean that it's Lauren Faust? Especially since its previous form was a celestial alicorn, coincidentally matching the only alicorn OC created by the show's team?

Last edited by Scienza on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Scienza wrote:I like gooey shipping fics... Shy 

For me it's all about how it's done. Grounded physics doesn't mean as much if it's done poorly.

On a more on-topic note, if the EoS/star nova event created Celestia and Luna, does that mean that it's Lauren Faust? Especially since it's previous was a celestial alicorn, coincidentally matching the only alicorn OC created by the show's team?
You like ship fics as well?
*rocket powered high five

Nah. Fausticorn was never Celestia and Luna's canon mom.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:09 pm

cb5 wrote:Nah. Fausticorn was never Celestia and Luna's canon mom.
I have a feeling that if we ever get Luna and Celestia's origin story in canon, we may learn that they were originally unicorns, and creating the Elements of Harmony to defeat Discord was the destiny fulfillment that alicornicated them in the first place. (I say unicorns because moving the sun and moon was the job of unicorns before the princesses came along, so that would explain their special bond to the celestial bodies.)

If they were originally mortal ponies, it suggests two possibilities. Either being linked to the sun and moon specifically imbued them with life as long as the celestia bodies last, or being an alicorn makes you immortal. Remember, nobody has ever specifically stated that Twilight is not immortal now -- only that "she will not outlive the rest of the Mane Six". Which would still be true if the other five eventually also got alicornicated.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:16 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Which would still be true if the other five eventually also got alicornicated.
Someone would have to be a idiot to vote against this happening.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:17 pm

I'm just reminded of something one of the comic guys said. "I love it when people come up to me complaining about how Twilight is an alicorn now cause "She's gonna outlive all of her friends cause she's immortal now". Technically they're all going to live forever because THEY ARE ALL FICTIONAL CHARACTERS".

Though I support SilentCarto's idea that creating the Elements of Harmony is what cause them to be alicorns. Going back to what that guy said, "I approve of Twilight becoming and alicorn princess because she actually earned it over the course of the show". The completing that final spell being the last test.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I'm just reminded of something one of the comic guys said. "I love it when people come up to me complaining about how Twilight is an alicorn now cause "She's gonna outlive all of her friends cause she's immortal now". Technically they're all going to live forever because THEY ARE ALL FICTIONAL CHARACTERS".

Though I support SilentCarto's idea that creating the Elements of Harmony is what cause them to be alicorns. Going back to what that guy said, "I approve of Twilight becoming and alicorn princess because she actually earned it over the course of the show". The completing that final spell being the last test.
I'm in the camp of 'should've waited a couple more seasons' personally.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I'm just reminded of something one of the comic guys said. "I love it when people come up to me complaining about how Twilight is an alicorn now cause "She's gonna outlive all of her friends cause she's immortal now". Technically they're all going to live forever because THEY ARE ALL FICTIONAL CHARACTERS".

If/when that happens it will probably be the last episode in the franchise cause considering how badly Twilight's popularity has taken a shit when they do it the show is going to be cancelled faster than Firefly.

I'm in the camp of, "You should have seen Twilight's popularity taking a shit coming".  I don't really care, I just knew it was inevitable from how twilight's element of harmony is a crown and that when it was eventually going to happen she was going to become as popular as diamond tiara considering how much people hate princesses.

Regardless of how whether or not you like twilight becoming a alicorn you have to admit her popularity took a massive nosedive after it.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:08 am

This discussion of immortality and alicorns reminds me of Forever is Forever, which is still best (and saddest) ship fic. As for my reaction to Twilacorn, I thought they pulled it off extremely well, so I didn't really have an issue with it, especially in the wake of Brad.

I also subscribe to the element theory, simply because it's the only method of ascension known thus far.

Though, as with all things alicorny, Cadance ruins everything again, since she's visibly seen aging and had no Elements for her rise to godhood. It's not even genetic, since Blueblood isn't one. It's possible that it's sex-linked and passed down on the X chromosome, but that doesn't seem likely.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:25 am

It's possible they just grow to maturity and then freeze, kept at their prime (and even taking on higher stature and power) as they accumulate more magic.

EDIT: Also, dunno if they're cannon, but there was a book which described how Cadance became a princess; she wasn't born into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:58 am

My headcanon for Celestia and Luna are that during the age of Discord, Unicorns, Pegasi, and Earth ponies didn't like each other.  Celestia was born a unicorn, and Luna a Pegasus, and they learned to overcome their differences and were the first to discover the elements of Harmony.  I also headcanon Celestia having an older sister who was an Earth Pony before she became a princess, but disliked how Celestia treated Luna and broke up with her sister after Nightmare Moon was banished.

Tomorrow I move for good, and Tuesday I find out if I get my job.  Packing and moving in a pain in the ass...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:04 am

Somber wrote:My headcanon for Celestia and Luna are that during the age of Discord, Unicorns, Pegasi, and Earth ponies didn't like each other.  Celestia was born a unicorn, and Luna a Pegasus, and they learned to overcome their differences and were the first to discover the elements of Harmony.  I also headcanon Celestia having an older sister who was an Earth Pony before she became a princess, but disliked how Celestia treated Luna and broke up with her sister after Nightmare Moon was banished.

Tomorrow I move for good, and Tuesday I find out if I get my job.  Packing and moving in a pain in the ass...
Speaking of which Cadance according to MLP canon was born a pegasus.  Also we may finally get the origins of Celestia and Luna in season 4 cause one of the teasers at sdcc was probably a flashback episode.

Also hopefully you get the job.

Ps.  I have a side question, is in Project Horizons magic a force/radiation/or a type of matter?  What I mean by that is magic a force like gravity, or is it a type of radiation like heat and magic radiates, or is there a magic particle?

Also Ps. You should post more, or join us for game nights.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:27 am

Somber wrote:Tomorrow I move for good, and Tuesday I find out if I get my job.  Packing and moving in a pain in the ass...
*hugs very gently* Good luck, Somber, I really hope you can get it, and I hope the move goes okay.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next