Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of you who use the Cbox.

+7
Permafrost
Derpy Hooves
Harmony Ltd.
Formis_Fluttergod
Aonee
Flying Ace: Comet
Sky Cloud
11 posters

Go down

For those of you who use the Cbox. Empty For those of you who use the Cbox.

Post by Sky Cloud Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:40 pm

The time has come to initiate yet another "reboot" to the Cbox. Only this time, it's an actual reboot.

These are the basic guidelines that everyone who is apart of the Cbox, and any potential members, must abide by:

-One OC per Player (to start)
-Only the 3 pony species (to start)
-No canon characters (essentially separate universe)
-Follow technology rules set up by players, no exceptions.
-no references to the old RP -UNLESS- character references require a small reference to something portable from the old universe AND it was approved by the community.

The town of Starswirl Barrow, an industrial town with a magical power station where most of its residents work. A short distance outside of The Capitol where the unicorn government resides. The Earth and Pegasus ponies in Starswirl Barrow and around the nation are slowly heating up in anger against the oppressive Unicorn leaders. Currently lacking the technology or power to start a revolution, the citizens need strong leaders to guide them in their quest for equality.

All technology found in the world is 'Sage-punk'. Most industrial sites exist to manufacture atmospheric magical power and magical devices. Only very basic mechanical advances were made by earth ponies before the Unicorns took control. Through tactics of terrorism, public displays of punishment and acts of racism the Unicorns have all but destroyed any hope for equality in the world, however the newer generations of unicorn ponies living and working in The Capitol have no knowledge of the dark past. The Unicorn government is a dark bureaucratic establishment with plenty of control to keep the lower workers ignorant and plenty of reward to keep the nosy ones silent.

Earth ponies fall at the lowest in society, for their simple abilities in mechanical and farming. Pegasus are a caste above them as they have the passive magical abilities to control and manipulate the weather. But in a world where active magical technology has precedence the Unicorns are the ones truly in control.

THREAD HIJACKED BY DERPY HOOVES! (I wrote everything before anyway.)
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

For those of you who use the Cbox. Empty Re: For those of you who use the Cbox.

Post by Flying Ace: Comet Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 pm

This allows me to come under the assumption that every character I have is dead and I get to start anew.  I enjoy this plan already!
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Why don't you guys start using Cloudsville's chatbox again, since now no one that I can tell is using it?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:19 pm

We can have more freedom on our own Cbox, I guess. And RPing inside the chatbox is against the rules.
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Well that's part of what I was saying. The reason behind that rule is kinda gone, so.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 pm

He's got a point that the only reason the RP Chatbox was created in the first place, was for the forum one to be free for normal discussion. But, since soon after the RP chatbox was made any and all acticity in the forum Chatbox ceased to exist, it's no longer necessary to maintain the RP one.
Just using logic, but I'm not the one paying for the RP Chatbox (that falls to Camo and recently Derpy, if I'm not mistaken), nor do I use it, so do as you please. Twilight crazy

EDIT: Though it's true that if RPers suddenly started using forum Charbox for RPing, people who don't know that would join for conversatons and stuff simply because there would be people in there and we'd be back at the beginning.
So, yeah, better keep the RP Chatbox. Spike
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Yea, although I highly doubt anyone would join in the chatbox because if nobody uses it now, why would anyone use it then?
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Skitty wrote:Yea, although I highly doubt anyone would join in the chatbox because if nobody uses it now, why would anyone use it then?
Because some things have strange ways of working. Nobody uses it now, because... Nobody uses it. If there were active people in there (RPers in this case) it's possible others join. But then we would be again in the same situation as before.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:29 am

The Circle Must Be Broken
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:00 pm

I think it would be better if we just stuck to our Cbox instead of having potential forum problems.
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:31 am

I'm mostly posting to see if my rank is still royal alicorn... Also because I think we should have all participants explain their character here beforehand, just to help speed up the awkward start of this whole thing.

EDIT: It is! It is still royal alicorn! Oh how I love it.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:36 pm

So, i realize we are all being a little slow at getting this RP restarted, but to make it even worse i was pickpocketed at the convention i went to this weekend and won't be able to pay for the Cbox upgrade for another week anyway. But seriously we should try to get this started up in the limited use box right now.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 pm

I agree with Derpy, so while I am here I'll just put my OC's info.

Name:Permafrost

Species:Unicorn

Biography: While Permafrost had wanted to be a writer growing up, his few books he worked on growing up didn't interest his peers.Because of this, he became a research assistant for a time, working on improving the power of a unicorn's magic through devices and chemicals. All he really did was take notes, but soon quit, feeling bad for some of the test subjects when things went bad. He looked everywhere for another job before looking to the farms, finding out how much harder life was for the Earth Ponies. The few ponies there he tried helping were unwelcoming to say the least. Seeing how the Earth  and Pegasi ponies were treated compared to the unicorns made him curious, and he was soon looking into other species, including dragons and griffons. He now feels bad for them and is against the hierarchy that is formed, and has made a one pony rebel group against the unicorns and some pegasi. He lives in the streets now, helping those he can or messing up the schedules other, more bitterful ponies keep. These activities include stealing from the rich and from guards (or whatever "police" are in this land), freeing ponies who are imprisoned for rebelling, messing up the weather in certain areas, throwing rocks and freezing guards, and simply helping anypony he feels aren't against him. Although he focuses his efforts on Earth Ponies, he does help non-ponies,  including griffons, dragons, and other species. Although he hates many unicorns, his old love for writing books makes him feel compassion and love for children and avid readers, regardless of race.
Permafrost
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 pm

I shall go ahead and post up the Taters now I guess.

Sex: Male
Cutie Mark: He'll keep the computer mouse, we'll just say he works in management.

Description: Personality-wise, Taters will remain basically the same. Is underlying sociopathic and psychopathic tendencies will stay and he'll still give every single being he ever meets the same chance to be his friend. He won't however, be a human transferred to the pony world, so he will agree with the Unicorns-on-top hierarchy. Taters will see his place on top as simply what is meant to be, and he won't outright be an asshole, but truly believes (at the moment) that unicorns are the superior ones for one reason or another.

Taters' is in charge of a division of the government set up to keep order and control over whatever town/settlement area the RP mainly takes place in. He personally collects taxes, gives governmental orders and makes sure everyone follows the laws and regulations set in place. Though he takes his job seriously i said above that he isn't an outright asshole and when he isn't working he treats everyone as if they are equal. He'll just make his jokes and comments based on his own mental belief of superiority as they come to him.

Oh... and he won't be married to Twilight Sparkle this time... obviously.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfire Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Name: Kitsune

Origin/Place of birth: Unknown

Pet: (This is no way in any case a "OC" but more of something brought up from time to time.)  http://gyazo.com/a135af34964ccafd3453270620557ec1.png

Appearance:  (The closest I can find to him.) https://i.imgur.com/MKQrCg5.png

History/background: Even though not shown Kitsune has always taken great interest in Alchemy; spending most of his time hidden away from the events and problems of the world to just study from books he gathered through scavenging any place he could. The books may be outdated and torn or worn out but this has not stopped his goal for being a known Alchemist. After being caught by the two other ponies that are so called "parents" that seemed to disapprove of the only sciences known, after not being able to handle being torn from something he took such pride and love in he decided to pack whatever things he had cared for at the time and leave. 
     Seeking refuge in the only place he could reach on his own, Kitsune found not the care or love he wished for but only the glares and spits by nearby Earth Ponies calling him "Future murder" or "Tyrant lover". Only spending nearly three-five days in this nearby village, he decided to give up and continue on to leave his past behind...to this very day he travels wherever faith takes him, finding food on nearby forests or taken the chances to even steal crop and finding water by wells at night also nearby streams and rivers.
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : -19

Character List:
Name: Alice / Ranger
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Pegasus / Time traveler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Name: Sky Cloud
Sex: Female
Species: Pegasus (BREAKING THE CHAIN OF UNICORNS)

Bio: Sky was born into the working class of Pegasi, one of the lowest branches that the Pegasi have. Her parents, both workers, became imprisoned and executed for conspiracy theory and among other things, participating in a riot, about 10 years after she was born. She got a job at the age of 15, and soon after, got into an accident with one of the machines, resulting the loss of her right wing. As time passed, from when her parents were executed till the time she got a job, those 5 years, something within Sky snapped. All the hatred she had for the Unicorns, and the trauma of having her parents torn from her life so suddenly, all the hate from the higher species, welled up inside of her, making her drift off into a dark insanity. She wanted to kill, torture, maim, do anything to cause ponies, not just unicorns, pain. And worst of all, she loved their screams. Somehow, she regained the other half of her, the sane half, and now lives in a sort of limbo, drifting back to her darkness.

(UPDATE!!! ^w^. I will probably update more as her character progresses.)

Last edited by Skitty on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Name: Brass Dust

Bio: Born into an Earth Pony family close to the bottom of the bottom class, her horn was filed down to a stub by her traditionalist parents when she was only a foal. A few years into her life, her mother died in a factory accident, leaving her with her father, a miner, who became distant and busy near to the point of neglegence. In an attempt to be able to provide for them When she was a filly, it was learned that she had dyslexia, and had trouble with reading and math. Science and mechanics, however came easily to her, and she quickly excelled at them, gaining knowledge in mechanics far beyond that of any of her classmates. From a young age, she has hidden her stub of a horn from everypony she has met, identifying herself as an Earth Pony. With her stub of a horn and her dyslexia, she has neither the power nor ability to learn spells beyond minor electric sparks, which she only ever does in secret. With her knowledge of machinery, she has been able to do almost as well as any earth pony ever possibly could, earning a position in machine maintenance and repair in a large factory. Her father, in his depression took his own life just before hers could take the positive turn that it did. To this day, she works and maintains, with little hope that her blue blood may improve her life. She couldn't ask for much more as an earth pony with her own apartment room, and so young. Still, she yearns for something more.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 am

New info added to the first post (I have taken control of this thread).
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying Ace: Comet Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Name: Switchblade
Race: Unicorn

Background: Switchblade was born into a "lower-upperclass" family.  Her original name was Black Hat, but she changed this later on.  Her mother died upon giving birth to her, leaving her father to raise her.  About four months after the death of her mother, her father became ill.  His health quickly declined to the point where he couldn't attend work and they quickly descended into the lower class, despite being Unicorns.  Because of her race, she spent much of her childhood as an outcast. Growing up in the lower class, she learned to see much of the world from its underside.  She was then pulled in by its darkness and her once bright future was soiled.
     Around the age of 10, her father passed, leaving her to fend for herself.  She was soon forced into the military, since that was one of the only jobs available for her, since her lack of education.   It was there that she started to go by the name of Switchblade, because of her skill with melee styled weaponry.  During her time in the military, she learned combat skills.  On top of that, she got a very clear look at the differentiation between the classes.  Because of this site, she was sickened and left her job as a soldier.  She then started to pick up thievery.  Before too long, she had acquired a spot in the market as a "pawn shop", dealing stolen goods at discounted prices.
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverb Blaze Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:10 pm

I guess I should post my OC, since its the ritual I guess.
Name:Xenon
Sex:Male
Race:Earth Pony

Bio:Taken from his childhood town at a young age by a Capitol Scientist, he was turned into the perfect fighting machine. Decades later, he has escaped and now fights for vengeance and his long lost memories of his past.
Reverb Blaze
Reverb Blaze
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : -4

Character List:
Name: Reverb
Sex: Male
Species: Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfire Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:13 pm

(Please note: There are many grammer issues in this and not as many details.)
 Name: Echo

Species: Pegasus

Cutie Mark: A red bloody like "X"

Weapons and gear: Carbon Steel Cutlass, Dagger with a blade with both sides sharpened and 安らぎ etched on the left side
on both the front and back plus 悲しみ on the right side, the same way.  1 rounded hood,a 'cloak', hoof shoes made of leather, sheath, and 2
pounches.

Appearance: She has a rather old black cloak that has the hood as a seperate piece which is the same color...some of the openings do show a 2nd inner 
layer of clothing that is a dark shade of grey. The outer layer cloak is decorated lightly mostly meant to hide one's identity and provide warmth. 
The cloth like material seems to end on each pastern region of the mare, the leather boots holds the cloth tight against the pastern as it covers the
hooves and pastern with leather. Her sheath for the cutlass runs across the right side of her neck and down to her plot where it stops (If she was to
do a forceful and not smooth backflip it would surely fling out the cutlass.) As for her dagger; it is on the back of her right foreleg between the 
cloak and leather (Close observation surely will give away the location of it.) The pouches are hanging loose on the 'belt' of her sheath. Her hood 
goes past just half way past between her eyes to create a dark layer making it almost impossible to see who it is during the day and pretty much 
worthless to try during the night. She is rather tomboy-ish looking, if it wasn't for her body shape and voice she could pass as a feminine stallion.
Her mane is stained a dark blueberry color and her coat a dull blue. Sadly her tail is a little choppy looking even if it is soft plus her sun like eyes
cause her to look rather oddly than normal mares.

Personality: Assertive, quiet, and Direct (When dealing with certain situations.)

Bio: Echo grew up with a rather normal family to the current standards for "Normal" parents; left school at age 5 forced to work in a factory as did her parents nothing much but a small tale.  She really had nothing going on in life till that faithful day...It was her normal scheduled day, wake up, groom, eat, work, etc. but on her way home she almost toppled over as guards rushed by her to aid in a rather large riot that broke out. Curiosity filled her filly mind and she followed the guards the best she could to only find a riot that broke loose. Ponies of all species were fighting and as she watched a stallion grabbed her from behind and began to gallop in the alleys as he covered her mouth with ease, shock over took her mind and she soon passed out only remembering another stallion  taking her back and stabbing the kidnapper with ease. She soon woke up to find a note and scarf on the ground which read "To survive you must fight." and this became her quote that she followed her whole life remembering the pony that saved her...  Years later she studied in secret about Self Defense and stealth afterwards at age 16 she studied about ninjas and assassins. Years went by and now present time all she does is spend her time saving any pony in danger (Yes even Unicorns.) not leaving one pony behind unless reasoning that's good enough for her.
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : -19

Character List:
Name: Alice / Ranger
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Pegasus / Time traveler

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Name: Tathers

Bio:As a filly, she and her mother were close.While her father worked as a role model among the officers he commanded, Tathers and her mother spent an innocent life at home, sometimes making cookies or reading a storybook together. Then, one day when Tathers was visiting a farm with her mother the farmers revolted, attacking her mother with pitchforks. They took little interest in Tathers, who was merely shoved away to the side, ending up beside a scarecrow.Officers showed up and arrested several farmers, her mother's body almost unrecognizable now. As Tathers cried, the only one to support her was the scarecrow beside her. For the next several years, her dad took her in, raised her to believe it was those who opposed the Capitol that killed her mother. She grew to hate Earth Ponies.She was enrolled into classes to help her learn spells, to help her stop threats to the Capitol. She was eventually promoted to a farm overseer when she turned 18, and has been one ever since. She specializes in animation spells, bringing scarecrows to life to aid her if needed, although she does have some other rather dangerous spells, such as making bursts of flames or a spell that will wither plants. She wears tathered up clothes, not unlike that you'd see on a scarecrow, including a red, tore up stetson hat. Her cutie mark is a scythe.
Permafrost
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leravonus Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:29 am

Character Name: Vero
Species: Pegasus
Apperence: Black pretty much all of her except a few streaks of white at are hidden beneath the black.
Cutie mark: None yet.

History: She was blinded at the age of 7 by a unicorn. (Unknown reasoning mostly from what her parents did.) She wasnts to get revenge on them. She has learned to use her other senses to get around so they are more acute then most. She has so far wandered from place to place trying to find the Resistance. Her family was a higher class as she left them after she was blinded becuase of whatever it was they did. Both her parents were Unicorns which she belives was why she was punished....
Leravonus
Leravonus
Blank Flank

Character List:
Name: Leravonus
Species: Pegisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down