Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insectoids.

Go down

Insectoids. Empty Insectoids.

Post by Plasmafire Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 pm

YEAR: 2234 AD

Welcome to the Insectoids RP! First on the agenda, a bit of background.

This letter was mailed to me, I suppose for safekeeping. Future generations need to know what happened here... If future generations survive.

It all started out so... Innocently. Okay, maybe not 'innocent' but well meant at least. 50 years ago, in 2184, a group of geneticists started studying insect DNA. The wanted to make the police force of the USA stronger smarter and faster, and thought that the key lay in mixing human and insect DNA. The settled on the ant, a hardworking and nearly unstoppable force in the bug world. They tested it on a few police veterans and it seemed to be working. Then something went wrong. Nobody knows what, maybe they used a different strand of DNA, maybe they just used too much, but... A few of the second generation ANTs turned out... More insect than human.They looked like man sized and man shaped ants. And their bite had the ability to infect others with their DNA. They built an army, their ant brains driving them to take over the city... The scientists scrambled for an answer... And their answer just made things worse. Regular humans couldn't fight the ANTs, so the scientists decided to pick a select group of people and fuse their DNA with an ants natural enemy: Wasps. The process was rushed and flawed, and the same thing happened to the first batch of WASPs that came out. Think of it: Two super intelligent factions, fighting each other in a city... It was bad. Then... Both sides got ahold of their own geneticists. Forced them to do more experiments. They wanted to turn the rest of us into their armies, into cannon fodder. I stayed ahead of them for awhile, but soon I was caught by the WASP army... And I got a look at what they were turning us into. Beetles, of every shape and size. Tanks on legs, strong but stupid. They were cycling through beetle DNA, and for me, they settled on a firefly, I suppose to try and relay messages via flashes. They strapped me to a table, and that's where I got a lucky break... They were trying to train some of the other beetles to take over the process so the WASP scientists could work on other things. The beetle they were training didn't tie my down tight enough. As they injected me with new DNA, my muscles grew and I ripped out of the restraints. I'm not sure what happened next... I suppose that since I hadn't gotten a full dose, I retained my mind, and the other beetles sensed that. I was able to lead them all in a successful escape from the WASP fortress. Since then, others have been joining out cause, we've been growing. The fighting needs to stop. We need to end this war.

There are 3 main factions in this game.

ANTs
The first Insectoids, ANTs have hard bodies, and powerful, crushing jaws. They also have a hive mind, and blind obedience to the Queen.

WASPs
WASPs main feature is their wings, powerful enough to carry them through the air. The also have stingers that extend from each wrist which delivers a painful poison.

Carapods
Carapods are the freed Insectoids, any human/insect hybrid that has escaped from either side may join. They have a wide variety of skills, but most of them, being beetles, have thick shells and wings.

CHARACTER SHEET

Username:
Character name:
Personality:
Insect species.
Insectoid abilities (Not necessary for ANTs and WASPs):
Weapons:

RULES:
1. NO GOD MODDING!
2. FOLLOW SITE RULES!
3. This is the future, so whatever you can think of for a weapon should be good, within reason.
4. Always listen to the Game Master. That's me.
5. Be respectful of other players.
6. No autohitting.
7. Please wait to RP until I've approved your character.
Plasmafire
Plasmafire
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum