Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing a best friend

2 posters

Go down

Losing a best friend Empty Losing a best friend

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Here's the story:
Friend A came over to stay last night and watch movies and such, as we usually do on long weekends. I invited my best friend as well, who in this context shall be friend B.
The night went swell, so did the morning. Until we got to noon.

Friend B is a chronic liar. We've established this but he's never admitted it because of some... egotistical issues. He thinks I lie all the time as well, yet I strive to never do so. A kind of irony, I guess.

He started talking about his accomplishments in a game he's really fond of that couldn't have been true, making this huge deal of it. We called him out on it, and it escalated.

He stormed out, saying he'd never talk to any of us again. I'd been friends with him for 4 years. A turbulent,unstable and somewhat abusive friendship, but it was important to me. I don't think I blame him for what happened.

It's rather shattering.

What should I do?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Losing a best friend Empty Re: Losing a best friend

Post by Cptadder Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:10 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Here's the story:
Friend A came over to stay last night and watch movies and such, as we usually do on long weekends. I invited my best friend as well, who in this context shall be friend B.
The night went swell, so did the morning. Until we got to noon.

Friend B is a chronic liar. We've established this but he's never admitted it because of some... egotistical issues. He thinks I lie all the time as well, yet I strive to never do so. A kind of irony, I guess.

He started talking about his accomplishments in a game he's really fond of that couldn't have been true, making this huge deal of it. We called him out on it, and it escalated.

He stormed out, saying he'd never talk to any of us again. I'd been friends with him for 4 years. A turbulent,unstable and somewhat abusive friendship, but it was important to me. I don't think I blame him for what happened.

It's rather shattering.

What should I do?
Do?
Do nothing.
There is nothing you can say do or try at this point that won't just re-esclate the situation. Give it a week, go back and try talking to Friend B as if nothing has happened and see how Friend B reacts. You are not the Hatfields and McCoy's here. The pair of you are still teenagers and this is a teenager fight. They don't last long and are quickly forgotten with just a little time. You had a verbal fight you did not shoot his dog or call his meth lab into the cops.

You know nothing serious yet.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Do?
Do nothing.
There is nothing you can say do or try at this point that won't just re-esclate the situation. Give it a week, go back and try talking to Friend B as if nothing has happened and see how Friend B reacts.
Won't work and I really don't feel like explaining why past the fact that I've observed him losing friends the same way. Permanently, on his end.

And I know what is serious. People I know have done things I'd never tell anyone. Believe it or not.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:40 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
Do?
Do nothing.
There is nothing you can say do or try at this point that won't just re-esclate the situation. Give it a week, go back and try talking to Friend B as if nothing has happened and see how Friend B reacts.
Won't work and I really don't feel like explaining why past the fact that I've observed him losing friends the same way. Permanently, on his end.

And I know what is serious. People I know have done things I'd never tell anyone. Believe it or not.
Any advice I can give at this point is counter productive because all additional advice at this point consists of "Your friend is a sociopath, be glad this is as bad as it got."

So yeah, I have no helpful advice for you regarding keeping this friend. Who I remind you "is a sociopath" and thus sees you as not a person but at best as a resource or a tool.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Any advice I can give at this point is counter productive because all additional advice at this point consists of "Your friend is a sociopath, be glad this is as bad as it got."

So yeah, I have no helpful advice for you regarding keeping this friend. Who I remind you "is a sociopath" and thus sees you as not a person but at best as a resource or a tool.
I have decided that it is for the better that he be left out of my life, I have thought the same before.
I suppose we only became friends through common interest.
Now that I look into it, this is frighteningly accurate in most sections.
Thanks, I guess I just needed a little urging that that was the case.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:25 pm

swicked wrote:...I get the feeling I'm missing part of the conversation, here. We went from a chronic liar to a sociopath pretty quickly, there.
But if you think it's for the best, then it probably is.
I think he is one, due to many matching factors only excluding promiscuity. I only mentioned the lying because that's what inflamed the situation.

I'm a pretty forgiving person, friend A in the scenario was one that extorted me a few years ago. We are good friends now. Probably why we remained friends for so long. Too forgiving.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 pm

swicked wrote:...I get the feeling I'm missing part of the conversation, here. We went from a chronic liar to a sociopath pretty quickly, there.
But if you think it's for the best, then it probably is.
You missed the part swicked where it's happened before and it's stuck. If it's happen before and stuck then yes Sociopath is pretty likely. You can be a compulsive liar and easily offended fine, I've known people like that. But if you get pissed off at someone and banish them from your life forever over simple words then you don't view people as people. Even more so if you had a strong relationship with the person before the fact.

Again, chronic liar? Fine, I've met plenty of those. Easily offended? Fine met plenty of those. Both and tosses people of of his life forever? That's one clear sociopath and I've also met plenty of those.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down