Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you get into ponies?

+15
Plasmafire
Apple Crumble
Soarin'
InterNutter
Spitfire
Rainbow Dash
Twilight Sparkle
Ferrous_Oxide
Pinkie Pie
Moonlight
Derpy Hooves
OverlordTwiggy
Fluttershy
Linguz
Gummy
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How did you get into ponies? Empty How did you get into ponies?

Post by Gummy Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:03 pm

C'mon guys! Pony stories now! I wanna hear how you got into the wonderful series MLP:FiM, I'll start with mine...

Last year my philosophy teacher got really into it and starting making worksheets covered in ponies and talking about them all lesson. Now he was a bit of an odball so I never really listened to him until about april or june this year when I was supposed to be studying for my exams, I'm really big on procrastinating so I was wasting time looking up everything and anything on the internet until I looked down at my philosophy notes and saw a pony (I now know it was Twilight Sparkle). I figured it would waste even more time if I tried out an episode, so I watched one. Then another. And another. I ended up marathoning 15 episodes in one go and i've been a brony ever since! (I also failed my exams)

Now your go!
Gummy
Gummy
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

How did you get into ponies? Empty Re: How did you get into ponies?

Post by Linguz Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:04 pm

My brother showed it to me. I pestered him about it for months. Ended up watching and loving it.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Brohoof! : 10

Character List:
Name: Nidal
Sex: Female
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Well I started my craze by figuring out that a few videos I found were actually MLP crossovers with other series. I suddenly found myself watching a "Know your meme" video explaining the term of Bronies and what they have created. Eventually I got around to the series after looking at some fanart. I finished the first season within 2 days and season 2 episode 2 was already out. I decided to wait until episode 3 came out and watched the 3 episodes in a row.Since then I have been working with my art teacher and my Music teacher and telling them what Iloved out it. I am now doing some coursework for my GCSEs that involve MLP and Lauren Faust! I find myself pretty lucky that I found MLP very late, otherwise I might have stopped watching it after the first episodeand thought there wouldn't be another. Plus I get to be introduced to so many new memes and artwork people have developed overtime. As you can tell because of the Fluttershy episodes I am now a die hard fan of her, but Luna might be my new favourite if she keeps doing more awesome things!
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 12

Character List:
Name: Fluttershy
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordTwiggy Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:07 pm

A good friend of mine got into the show and hounded me persistently to at least give it a try. I abstained for the longest time, thinking that the whole idea was probably some sort of elaborate troll that the whole internet was behind. Nevertheless, I humoured him and sat down to watch it. A few episodes in, I still really didn't understand what the fuss was about. I didn't want to draw up a conclusion based on a fraction of the series, so I kept watching...

And then watched more... and more... and found I couldn't stop.

So, here I am!
OverlordTwiggy
OverlordTwiggy
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Twiggy
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:17 pm

I had heard about the craze on /co/ plenty of times, thought it was stupid trolls, then it went underground for me for a while.

Then while on a furry site (i will not tell you which, because it's VERY inappropriate) there were so many.... questionable images of ponies, and some normal ones too. I was intrigued, so i went onto a torrent site, and found the entire 1st season in HD and downloaded it.

Now at first, I was very skeptical, I thought the first two episodes were VERY bad.

But I kept going, and enjoyed it, drew the picture I posted in the Artwork section, later spent $67 dollars on a derpy plush, and now I'm listening to pony music on my itunes as I type this.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Well, one day the tv was randomly on The Hub and it happened to be on, and i saw like half an episode, thought that the animation and scripting was sophisticated enough, and then one day I named one of my CoD classes Rainbow Dash and told my anime-obsessed cousin cause I thought she'd appreciate it. She did. Despite my very large family, and about 10 siblings, she's really the only one in my family I feel like I can relate to, and when she said that I should watch MLP:FiM I took her up on that, and I loved it!
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:04 pm

I was bored one day, and decided to jump around the internet and came across the Hasbro site. They had the first episode for free that day, so I downloaded it.
I didn't really watch it, didn't have time until classes where out. I ended up watching the first episode 5 or 6 times before going and watching the rest.
I watched all the video's in the course of two weeks.
I found out that a lot of my friends are brony's and my uncle and his friends are brony's. It's like a big magical family.
I haven't missed one episode.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 5

http://soberondrugs.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:40 pm

I was going through my rounds of the internet, reading a few articles on random stuff, when I came across a few pony memes. I just kind of shrugged it off as usual internet nonsense, but as I continued I became curious about it. Then one day I decided to watch it with my little sister. My sister leaves halfway through the second episode, but I continued watching. A couple days later and lo and behold, I finished watching the first season (season 2 hadn't come out yet). However, I wanted to continue with my new found interest, and it spread from there.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 13

Character List:
Name: Ferrous
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://ferrousoxidemolecule.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Sparkle Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:07 pm

I had seen pony avatars on several forums I used regularly, and though I didn't know what they were from, I loved the art style. Eventually I found out what they were from by pure chance - MLP: FiM - and Googled it. While this was fairly early on (January), it was already enough of a phenomenon to have positive reviews, so I decided to check it out by downloading the 2-part premiere. I was hooked from the first couple minutes.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Dash Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 am

I found it at a similar time as Fluttershy. Well, I found it months before, but I put it off because I assumed it was weird. My brother watches it too, and he found it long before me. One day, I was bored and decided to look it up. I loved it. I found myself awake until 2 AM watching MLP. I used to think my bro was weird for watching the show. Now he thinks I'm weird for LOVING the show.

Today, a lot of my time on the interned it somehow related to MLP. I hope to buy FL Studio 10 Tomorrow after school, and begin making music based on the show! I'll make a post on the creative forums and let you all have sneak peaks to whatever I make. ;)
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name: Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:09 am

Rainbow Dash wrote: One day, I was bored and decided to look it up. I loved it. I found myself awake until 2 AM watching MLP.
Heheh, I did the same. I thought (back just after summer ended, or before..? no, after.) well, it can't be THAT bad. My little brothers watch worse every day.. Memebase (which I rarely frequent) even has a section now, just started.. I'll take a look. one trip to the bay of pirates later I had all of season one. I watched an episode, then part two, the the third (ticket master). I then though, well, I head of equestria daily, I'll check it out. from EqD I was hooked, took two weeks to finish out the season (busy with other things, like EqD) and love it.
I'd have to say some of my favorite things about ponies are the music (Holding Hooves is my current fav, but AspectoftheStorm's stuff is edging in) and the comics. plus the Pony mod over on the Bay12 fourms for Dwarf Fortress (I'm RexMundi over there). I've told 3 friends. one hipathetically (hey, someone said to check it out; they hated the idea and asked what the internet could be smoking), the other in passing (I'm checking out the pony show, it's actually ok, reminds me of the old things we watched on cartoon network. response was "don't waste your time" subject dropped) and the other who pieced it together (I posted that I was going to try it on FB, he assumed (correctly) that I ended up hooked. he's indifrent to it and even watched a few episodes. just not into it)

My three younger brothers would kill me if they knew, I think they do, but not really. the oldest (a year younger) I believe knows, but hides it if he does.

I think my favorite pony thing I said in public was on facebook:
"Everyone has dark secrets, everyone. Mine's just a really bright dark secret"
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm

Back to top Go down

Post by InterNutter Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:25 am

KnowYourMeme did a Youtube spot that sparked my curiosity. When I discovered that the show was multitudes better than the saccharine original, I became a Pegasister.

I currently have my kids addicted to it... and Hubby has been humming the theme song :D
InterNutter
InterNutter
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 4

http://internutter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:38 am

My best friend is a brony and after him nagging me about just watching one episode, I finally caved and then we watched the first 10 episodes of Season One. I was hooked after that and am now here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soarin' Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:45 am

I didn't really give it much thought at first, saw the odd forum thread here and there thought no more of it. Then the threads started increasing in volume, and people started getting pony avatars (mostly around The Escapist's forums). I somehow stumbled across a few of the movie trailer PMVs and by May or June I thought to myself, 'well, I might as well give it a look, see what everyone's raving about.'

So I ran a quick search on youtube, found that someone had uploaded the whole first season and started watching. I spent the first few minutes of the first episode thinking to myself 'What are you watching?!?' but that quickly passed. Though it wasn't 'till Applebuck Season that I finally decided that actually it's pretty good and I'll stick with it. The rest is history, or so they say.
Soarin'
Soarin'
Colt/Filly

http://aphelion-gallery.co.uk/home.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Crumble Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:55 am

I started seeing memebase being flooded by pony memes and always saw a pegasister poster on memebase. I got curious so i went on youtube to see whats up. I really didn't expect much but really enjoyed the plot. My sister also played a part in this, but it's a long story.
Apple Crumble
Apple Crumble
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Apple Crumble
Species: Earth pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasmafire Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:30 pm

I admit it, I made fun of my brother for watching it. I don't know how he discovered it, but he told me and I was relentless in my teasing. However, he kept talking about it and one night I decided to see what all the fuss was about... Needless to say, I never teased him about it again:P
Plasmafire
Plasmafire
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Crona The Critic Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:44 pm

I actually have a depressing story.

Well the girl I loved from 6th grade until this year tells me about the new my little pony show. She eventually made me watch it, and at first I was like "Eh."

But then she broke my heart until thousands and thousands of pieces. I tried everything to fix my broken heart, and I turned to ponies. It became my medicine.
Crona The Critic
Crona The Critic
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 8

Character List:
Name: Larva
Species: Pony

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 pm

I feel for ya. That kind of thing is sole reason I've avoided the fairer sex. The temptation comes often enough, but I tend to go insane when I try to follow them...
Ponies is a replacement, for the mean time. I'm already showing signs of insanity related to it though...
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Roshougon Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Well I'm pretty recent brony i was really a brony about 3 months ago in September. It was near the start of the school year and in German class, Daniel(Authetius) just flat out said to me "Your gonna join the herd."and i said "Whats the herd?" and he said just get on Skype and Facebook when you get home so i did. He sent me a link to the knowyourmeme MLP:FiM video and my first thought was (Do not be offended im not trying to insult anybody) "Wow...that is reallly reallly gay." I was initially gonna tell Daniel that i am anti-brony, but then he said if i was an anti-brony he would eviscerate me and i take him very serseriously when he says these things because, i have NO doubt in my mind he could destroy me. So i said "Im a brony." he then told me to watch the first episode and it took me until episode 3 to actually like it. Once i got to episode 3 i was in love with ponies! So thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
Roshougon
Roshougon
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name: Khaj'darrak

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:00 pm

Heh, I only watched doctor who because one of our friend group, Margret, threatened to castrate me. and he threats are usually valid.
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Roshougon Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 pm

Doctor who is amazing, my dad got me to watch doctor who and i am glad he did.
Roshougon
Roshougon
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:23 pm

I watch the big bang theory all the time... They need to cross over that.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Dash Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Spitfire wrote:Heh, I only watched doctor who because one of our friend group, Margret, threatened to castrate me. and he threats are usually valid.

haha. That reminds me of an old friend of mine Katherine. She always threatened to castrate me for stuff. She was obviously joking, but still.
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Hahahaha!
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Roshougon Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 pm

I don't really like the big bang theory, i find it to much like any other sitcom.
Roshougon
Roshougon
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Dash Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 pm

roshougon wrote:I don't really like the big bang theory, i find it to much like any other sitcom.
So then think of it as Friends 2: The Return of Ross
Well, without Ross... OR any Friends Characters
And a different plot...
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Ha, it's just the references they through in there. And how awkwardly cute Sheldon is.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:52 pm

I jsut watched one where he turned down obvious but not "look, let's have sex", but still "I'm wanting it, and your idea to go to bed excites me".. he says time for bed and then walks out. XD
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:01 am

IT'S SO CUTE!!!
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:54 am

Well, it's pretty simple. Some of the guys on TZF had Ponies as avatars and signatures. I liked how it looked but didn't do much else, just from the pictures I couldn't even tell how the show was called. That it was My Little Pony kinda surprised me at first, because I remembered the old ones and they hadn't look this cool at all. I tried to watch one episode in secret, making sure no one sees me. Then another and another... Eventually I stopped caring if anyone sees it because it was awesome. :D
And now I'm here a year later, proud to be a Brony. Fluttershy
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next