Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected Covers of Well Known Songs

3 posters

Go down

Unexpected Covers of Well Known Songs Empty Unexpected Covers of Well Known Songs

Post by Meleagridis Wed May 16, 2012 12:17 am

In a nutshell, we're looking for any and all examples of a well known song that has been covered in a genre/instrument/what-have-you that is notably different from the original. Any example of a song with a cover you simply would not see coming. And remixes, I suppose.

To start, I've got a ska imagining of These Boots are Made for Walking, by Kaptain Bigg. (no youtube link, I'm afraid)

http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/45976/these-boots-are-made-for-walking

Now come one, show the world how weird your taste in music can get!
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Covers of Well Known Songs Empty Re: Unexpected Covers of Well Known Songs

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Btg7lFlig

a Kazoo and Drill Instructor rendition of The Final Countdown
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Covers of Well Known Songs Empty Re: Unexpected Covers of Well Known Songs

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 am

Ooh, I've got a few of these...

Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - The Beatles. Covered by power/black/death metal band Satan's Host. It's... pretty hilarious and fun, in my opinion. Because the one thing this song always needed was blastbeats, right? =P Oh, and different lyrics - definitely still a cover, though.

Bodies - The Smashing Pumpkins. Covered by post-metal band Cult of Luna... not a huge change of genre (alternative -> extreme metal), but it's quite different sounding.

Future Breed Machine - Meshuggah. Covered by Meshuggah... only now it's "Futile Bread Machine" and it's a campfire sing-along sort of song. Which is... very different from the original (which was... whatever the heck Meshuggah is), to say the least. There are also a few other remixes of the song out there, but this one's the most "out there."

Roadhouse Blues - The Doors. Covered by Ministry, the thrashy industrial metal band. Yup, 'tis a bit different.

I'm Still Standing - Elton John. Covered by AxCx, only the x's are there because the actual name is a bit profane. Grindcore. I wish this was the worst band I've ever heard, and don't listen to 'em myself, but... yeah, it's an unexpected cover, that's for sure.

I feel a bit ashamed for even knowing about that last one, to be honest. Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Slayer - Raining Blood. Covered by V. Yermolyeva on a piano (well, that one's on a syntethizer). If you check the channel, there's a ton of other metal/rock titles she covered on a piano, all great.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:12 am

Valikdu wrote:Slayer - Raining Blood. Covered by V. Yermolyeva on a piano (well, that one's on a syntethizer). If you check the channel, there's a ton of other metal/rock titles she covered on a piano, all great.

Her cover of "Seasons in the Abyss" was very, very enjoyable. Thanks for pointing this out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum